TheFordee20

One Thousand Club

m7y3pUN.png
kgS0Azc.png

FULL MAP

CURRENT DATE :
Spring, 246 AC

In The Reach,

House Hightower and House Peake are almost at one another's throats. Things in The Reach have been too peaceful. And in those years of peace, tensions rose and rose. Till they have finally turned to a boiling point.

House Osgrey has not said one word on the growing conflict between The Hightowers and The Peaks. Instead, they have tried to remain as neutral as possible with their fellow reach-lords.

Walder Tyrell, the last living Tyrell ( who still bears the name ), plots. What he plots, we do not know. But he plans to take advantage of the conflict between House Hightower and House Peake.

In The Stormlands,

The Stormlands continues to be chipped away by The Reach.

More and more bits of land are being claimed by House Peake. And King Aemond, just like his father, is not doing a thing about it.

The Stormlords are pleading to House Baratheon that they do something to stop this. But the last thing a Baratheon did something- there was a war. Can The Stormlands really survive another?

Alesander Baratheon
Stormlands, Storm's End
The sun was slowly rising from the sea when Alesander opened his eyes, ending a rather pleasant sleep. Although his slumber was dreamless, it was still better than the nightmare he had on the previous night. The nights were also getting hotter, which gave Alesander a hard time when trying to fall asleep. Plus, he had to sleep shirtless, something he also disliked. Lord Baratheon had his right arm around his wife, Lady Elinor Baratheon née Redwyne, which was unusual. Alesander wasn't someone who loved human contact so he quickly pulled away the arm and sat up. He yawned and looked around at his room. His servants weren't here yet, so it was still early and he still had time before starting his work. Honestly, Alesander was getting tired of life. Everyday was the same, everyday he had to prepare for a war, a war that could possibly ruin his House and the entire Stormlands. House Peake was growing and House Baratheon was shrinking and the many Lords of this kingdom were pleading for Alesander to do something against it. He had already sent ravens for his most trustworthy allies, telling him to ready their armies in case a war began.

The young stag got out of bed and walked towards a window, his naked feet touching the rather cold ground, which sent chills down his spine. Once he reached the window, he opened it staring at the ocean. The sun was almost in its entire form, leaving the horizon. The sky was still tainted with orange, but you could see the usual light blue color already forming. Alesander smiled at the beauty of his view and looked down, finding that most of the inhabitants that lived at the fortress had already started their day. Alesander chuckled, assuming that the peasants might think of him as a lazy Lord. Alesander backed away from the window and stared at his wife. Her position changed and she was now occupying the entire bed. He couldn't help but smile at her. The beauty that was his wife would exceed anyone in Storm's End, including his sister, although he would never admit it since it would make her angry.

Alesander walked to his closet, but before opening its doors he glanced at the armor stand that was right next to it. On it, there was his ornate chestplate and helmet. His helmet had two antlers of average size. They weren't real, but they sure would look like it if the bronze which they were made of was painted. The helmet would cover his face, but Alesander requested the blacksmith to let his view not restricted so he could have a better feeling of the battlefield. His chestplate was also carved with jewels, ambers to be more specific. The sigil of House Baratheon, the black stag was also printed in the middle. Also standing near the armor stand was his beloved weapon, the warhammer which he has yet to name. He wanted to name it something related to his House, either the sigil or its words: "Ours is the fury".

Alesander looked back to the closet and opened it. He changed clothes, putting clean and fancy clothes. He looked to his mirror, checking if everything looked good and walked back to his wife, where she was still resting. He figured she would prefer to be awaken by him, her husband, instead of some random handmaidens. He kneeled next to the bed and grabbed her hand, kissing her forehead and speaking, his voice rather low. "It is day, my love. We need to get ready for work" and kissed her one more time, still in the same place as before. Although the two have been sleeping together for a while now, they still haven't tried to make a heir. Alesander had already realised that he needed one. If he was to die soon in the war to come, he needed a son to continue his duties as Lord Baratheon. His sister, Evelyne Baratheon, was trying to marry a rich Lord of a powerful House, so she couldn't do his job in case Alesander was gone. He wanted to talk with Elinor about it, but he was a bit nervous for it.

ailurophile ailurophile

It is a busy day at Starpike. People are walking in out of the castle and it's gates, preparing for the big dinner. Servants were carrying whole pigs into the gates to the kitchen and septas were running around to keep track of all the children running around. Cooks were shouting orders in the kitchen and gardeners were finishing the last things in the big garden. Other servants were preparing the tables outside the castle in the garden. Lord Ryam Peake, Lord Paramount of the Southern Marches, had decided it would be time again for a family dinner, with all of house Peake invited. During the day, family members had arrived from Dustonburry and Whitegrove. First arrived Leo with his children, something Ryam didn't like, he would have wanted that Leo arrived as last. Then Martyn Peake and his family arrived, followed by the sons of Ryam with their families. Axell and Alex arrived as last, at the end of the afternoon. Alex had been traveling around Summerhall because there were rumours that there was a new fortress being built. After one day of searching he had found the buildings, but on orders he returned without going inside. Axell had returned from King’s Landing, on a business trip.

The old Lord Ryam watched everything from his room in the dungeon. A faint smile was on his face. Seeing his whole family together made him happy, but it also remembered him of the family he lost simply because they were old, but also poisoned, like his mother, or during war, like his cousin at the beginning of the Baratheon - Peake war, or from the devastating spring sickness. Ryam had forgiven the Baratheons for their action, of course the Lord had wanted his lands back, but you simply listened to the King and his will. But Torman, his son, was not so forgiving, he still held a little grudge against the Baratheons for the unnecessary bloodshed.
A servant knocked on his door “Lord Peake, your clothes are ready” The Lord sighed, it was time he welcomed his family. He turned around and said “Come in,” the servant entered the room and Lord Ryam let him be clothed in silence.

Gwain had been traveling for a day now. The caravan from Whitegrove was slow. His children sat in a carriage with their Septa. Gwain just wanted to ride forward with Marq, his uncle, and Erren, his squire, but his father Torman had decided that they needed to ride with the caravan. The landscape became more mountain-ish the last miles to the castle. Finally, at the top of the hill they had been climbing he saw the valley, and at the other side Starpike. He looked to Marq, who nodded, at the same time they kicked their horses who sprinted forward, leaving a cloud of dust behind them. The young Erren was confused for a moment but then he sprinted after them.
Torman shook his head in disapprovement and muttered “Boys..” his wife Alesa smiled next to him. At the castle Torman noticed his father hadn't come down from his room yet. He walked through the garden, leaving the caravan where servants began unpacking and bringing the stuff from the Lords to the rooms. Torman remembered the gardens very well, the secret passage out of the castle, the hidden door who let to the kitchen, or the tree you needed to climb to steal pastries from the cooks, who let them cool down there. It was the garden where he first saw his son, after he returned from the war. After that they moved to Whitegrove.

At the garden servants were busy with preparing the tables for the big dinner, Torman wasn't interested in that, but he greeted some people he remembered, he walked to the end of the garden, where there was a shooting area. He grabbed a bow and inspected it, it was a small bow, used by common archers in the army. In the basket with arrows lay a few arrows, Torman grabbed one and in a smooth movement he laid the arrow in the bow, pulled the string back, aimed and let the arrow fly through the air. With a 'tok’ the arrow pierced itself in the bullseye, thirty metres away. He grabbed another arrow and with the same movements it pierced itself in the twenty metre bullseye

“And now you would be dead” Torman turned around to see his son, Gwain, “Well hello there Gwain, and why would I be dead?” A smile formed on Gwains face “Well, Father, in a battle the simple sword fighters would have reached you now and slashed you down” Torman looked to his son, who was right, archers needed always to be protected, or be behind the front lines to safely shoot their arrows “So son, what would be your solution?” “No clue father, you are here the tactician” Torman laughed “Alright, well, we have been thinking about this new tactic” Together the walked around the garden, discussing new tactics.

When Alex rode through the gates of Starpike it was close to the time where the would eat. After giving his horse to a stable boy he asked to another servant where his room was. While walking after the servant to his room he searched through his bag, finding a letter which he handed over to the servant “Give this to Lord Ryam, and thank you” Alex opened the door to his room and washed himself before changing his clothes. The servants from Dustonburry had brought an extra suit for him. He laid down on his bed to rest, it had been an hectic day. He had been at the royal court for several days, just to see how things went, speaking with several people. Last night he had spend with his lover in Alex his room, but they hadn't slept and few hours before the sun rose he had saddles his horse and rode towards Starpike.

Lord Ryam walked down the stairs, it was time for dinner. The servants had made several tables ready. One for Ryam and his council, the other tables were for his children and nephews with their families. Nearly everyone was seated when he arrived, but everyone stood up to greet the Patriarch. Ryam wanted that they didn't stood up, it was too formal. He just wanted to have a nice time with his family, but with darker times ahead, that was difficult. Ryam sat down, next to him sat his son Torman and his grandson Gwain with their wives. His brother Jon sat in front of him, next to him is wife and at the other side Uthor, Ryam’s son, and Uthors wife. Marq and his wife were seated next to Elia, Gwains wife. Alex sat next to Uthor. Normally the wives of the Lords wouldn't sit at the council table, but this had to be a fun evening. The rest of the family sat at the other three tables, with no special order. Uncles sat next to nephews and nieces. Children sat next to their cousins and everyone was talking happily now because Ryam had sit down.
“So Father, Gwain and I have been think about some tactics…” Torman wanted to begin the conversation with his father but was cut short “That after the dessert son, now we have some nice talk, how is your son and daughter doing Gwain?” Ryam had turned his attention from his son to his grandson “They are doing great grandfather” Ryam smiled, he had lived long enough to see his great grandson being born. Elia Tyrell was a lovely woman, perfect match for Gwain, Ryam had thought when he first heard of the idea, but looking now on it, with the direction Walder Tyrell, the brother of Elia, had been taking it might not be such a smart choice, or a really clever one that could turn out best for both parties. Now was not the time to think about that Ryam thought to himself when the first course arrived, a light soup with several vegetables and bread.
Alex smiled when the last course arrived, it was his favorite. Chilled sweetened milk with red fruit, it was not that special but very delicious. Alex wasn't sure if Ryam had read the letter already and he was not sure if it was safe to bring it up already. The mood of his father hadn't been that good when you brought up something serious, Ryam wanted to talk about fun stuff, avoiding the big elephant in the garden. Alex hated that, they could be in serious trouble if not acted quickly. Finally, when everyone was finished with their dessert, Ryam stood up and asked his council to follow him to his chambers where they would talk.

When everyone was seated at their own seats Ryam began to speak “Welcome everyone, I have called this meeting because troubles times are ahead..” While speaking, the lord looked to everyone in the room “.. nobody of you noticed, but during the dinner there were 3 scouts brought in, wounded, they were send by me to investigate the rumours about a fort being built close to Summerhall, the scouts can confirm that there is indeed a new Fortress being build in the woods there, it is small, but it needs to be dealt with. Since the scouts were diplomats and they were attacked, we can react back with violence. Since Starpike is the closest to the location of the fortress, I want you, Torman..” Ryam looked at his son “..to assemble 100 men and ride first towards Summerhall, where maybe more troops will join you from the Blackfyres and then attack the Fortress, take as many prisoners as needed, I don’t want much blood to be spoiled. You will depart in five days from now” Torman listened to his father and simply nodded “If you excuse me Father, I will depart now and prepare” Ryam nodded to his son and continued “Elia Tyrell, your lovely wife, Gwain, has been influence Clarysse from what I see, she acts very differently since the last time I saw here, like I was some bad guy, plus she didn’t move from her mother's side during the dinner, while willas played around. I am not sure of this however, but Gwain, could you keep an eye on her?” Gwain’s expression had changed when his grandfather spoke, it kind of saddened him to hear what his father thought of his wife, who Gwain loved, but he understood it and wanted to prove his grandfather wrong “I will see what I can find out” Ryam smiled “I understand it might be difficult for you Gwain. There is one thing left, well actually two. We might find ourselves at war soon. The Baratheons and Hightowers both want our grounds, we want their ground too, but we can’t afford to attack one, once one of us attacks the other, the others will too go to war. I have a suspicion that the Baratheons will attack first, but I am not sure. We need to gather our allies. Alex, I need you to first send out the Diplomats to our former Stormland vassals, especially Caron and Selmy, I want Axell at Selmy, then our other vassals, Footly, Caswell, Tarly and the others. I want to make sure they can get their troops armed and gathered at the right moment. I have read your letter and I agree Alex, it is a good play to Janna junior or Kayla to one of the Blackfyre princes” Alex nodded “Are there any other things? Otherwise I will depart to be ready soon tomorrow” “No my son, you can leave now” Alex left and there were only a few left now in the room. Marq, Uthor, Gwain and Jon. Ryam looked at them, “Marq, Whitegrove needs to ready himself also, but the trade must continue” “Yes uncle” Marq replied, “I’ll make sure of it” “Good, Uthor, you need to assemble the best commanders and assign them to the army, Jon will help you” Both nodded “Well, I will send Janna back to Castamere so she can get the Reynes on our side against the Baratheons, let us now continue to have a nice evening with the rest of the family”

Elia Peake née Tyrell
Reach, Starpike
"Are we there yet?" Clarysse asked, her curious and impatient small blue eyes staring at Elia's ones. The woman smiled at her first child and raised her up from the seat and put her on her lap. "Calm down. Father said we were almost there. Go play with your brother. You will see time will fly and will be there before you notice" Elia put the girl on the Septa's arms and sat next to Gwain Peake, her husband and heir to House Peake. "By the gods. She is someone who is unable to wait. I bet she caught that from you" she looked at her husband with a smile, playfully elbowing him on the arm. "So. my love. It has been long since I last set foot on your grandfather's castle. I am unfamiliar with its halls and rooms so if we ever decide to walk around the castle, please don't leave my side" she said, followed by a little sweet and gentle chuckle. Another joke, even though it was true that she would get lost if he let her walk around alone, without guidance.

Finally, after a week of being in that caravan, they reached the seat of House Peake. A beautiful big castle, where Gwain's grandfather, Ryam Peake, resided. Elia grabbed Willas and layed him against her chest, one of her arms holding the baby so it wouldn't fall. He could walk, but Elia knew he still wasn't good at it and she didn't want him to trip and hurt himself. Her daughter Clarysse stood by her right side, the two holding their hands. She followed Gwain and the servants of the castle. Her own servants and handmaidens would take care of the cargo Elia and Gwain took. "The woman looked up to see the big main tower that stood out from the rest of the building. "Very tall" Elia thought out loud, silently comparing it so Highgarden. Highgarden was taller and much more greener. It looked more alive, while this, this was just an ordinary castle, similiar to the one she lived in with Gwain.

The family passed a gate and, after walking through some halls, they finally reached the garden where the big dinner would take place. Some other members of House Peake were there including Torman Peake, father to Elia's husband. Gwain traded a few words with him and Elia bowed to the man "Good evening, my lord" she said, her voice ever so sweet and delicated, just like a flower. Elia took one of the seats next to Gwain, while her children sat next to all of the other kids. It wasn't normal for her to seat with the other lords instead of their wives, but Gwain would later tell her that Lord Ryam wanted everyone to be together and have an unforgettable dinner.

Lord Ryam finally came, which made everyone stood up, including the children. Elia gave a quick and sudden smile as she saw the children of the lords and ladies look around confused when everyone stood up from their seats and suddently trying to do the same. Elia looked back at Lord Peake, who was now talking with Gwain. For the rest of the dinner she had few little conversations, mostly talking with her husband. After he was gone with the other men to discuss war tactics, she stood completly silent. Only when Gwain came did she smile and started talking with him "So did everything go well or is there any trouble?" she asked, curious and worried for her children safety.

Yarrow Yarrow

Gwain PeakeGwain found his wife in the garden with the rest from the family. He could see on her face that she hadn't talked to anyone while he was away. Elia wasn't the girl to mingle with the other women. While he was walking over to his lovely wife, Willas walked over to his, trying to keep walking without falling. Gwain stretched his arms and picked up the two year old boy. Gwain spent every second he was free with his son, the future Lord Peake, now he had still time for it, but when his grandfather dies, a lot of responsibilities will come to Gwain and his life will be less playing in the garden with Willas and hopefully other sons. Gwain sat down next Elia and played peek-a-boo with Willas while talking with her "Everything went well, and the usual troubles. Hightower and Baratheon are aiming on our grounds. Luckily for the Hightowers we also got to deal with the Baratheons, otherwise we would already have made a move" Gwain removed the hands from his eyes and saw in the corner from his eyes his uncle Alex already leaving on a horse

JPTheWarrior JPTheWarrior

Alex Peake As soon as he was out of the conference room, Alex hurried to the gardens to find Axell and give him some orders. He noticed his first cousin once removed talking to some of the other Peake cousins from his age. He put his hand on Axell's shoulder and took him aside "Alright Axell," he said in a hurried voice "I need you to send out the diplomats to all our vassals, you will go first to Tarly, do not sleep with anyone there, then go to the Dondarrions, and visit every house on the route, if needed, twice, I know it's some distance, but you go the most influence of everyone" His cousin nodded "Alright" and Alex smiled "Good, I will depart also now"
At the stables the stableboys had already prepared his horse and another horse. Once one horse would get a little tired, he would travel further with the other horse so the other could rest. This way, he could cover more ground. Alex thanked the stable boy and want on his way to King's Landing

TheFordee20 TheFordee20 @Lancelot (tagging you because I have no clue what a realistic time for him to arrive at KL is)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back