• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

The Princess Prisoner

As Wolf made his way to the prisons pantry his thoughts were filled with those of the princess. He sensed no malice from her and she seemed humble and kind, however Wolf knew that first impressions can be misleading. Even with that thought at the back of his mind he still felt as if she had a good heart and this was a place she did not belong. The misfortunes war brings to both sides effect the rich to the poor and this was the perfect example of such.

Shaking off his current thoughts he went about the task of picking out some foods that he thought the princess might enjoy. Some bread, cheese, and dried fruits thought not elegant should be enough to fill the belly. Just as he began to leave another guard entered and bumped into Wolf and turned to face him. "Oye aren't you Sgt. Wolf? You have that nice easy job of watching the princess, what a treat that must be. Spoils of war are bountiful indeed." He said with a vicious grin. A look of disgust made its way across Wolfs face as he stared the man down. "We are professional soldiers and we do not behave ourselves in a way that would disgrace our nation. You best remember that when addressing a superior." With that Wolf exited the pantry to return to the princess.

Marguerite kept trying to read, but her mind kept thinking of her family. She loved them all dearly. She knew they loved her in return. She hoped that they had escaped. Hopefully, if someone did escape, it was David. Not that she loved Papa or Mama any less, but if David had lived, their family name would not be lost.

Trying to compose himself Wolf made his way back to the princesses cell. Putting the food into her cell before sitting down in the chair near the cell door not wanting to look her in the face. The fact that people in the same military as himself could have such different attitudes astounded him. Due to the war he knew that the recruitment standards were lowered but some of the people he had encountered were no better than common criminals.

"Thank you," said Marguerite, as she took the food and began eating. She still wasn't full from the little food she had recieved during the journey here. The food she got now, helped immensely.

"It's my job princess, the way you eat hints at the fact you have not had much food on your trip here." A sad expression overtaking his face as he knew that the only reason that she was eating well now was because he was giving her food from his own reserve. The war caused supplies to be in high demand and the people of the nation would always take priority over prisoners. Wolf didn't want to be removed from the front lines like this it gave himtoo much time to think about all of the terrible things that had been done from both sides.

"They were so cruel to me," Marguerite said sadly. "I know I am the enemy, but is a little kindness to a person who has done nothing to them personally?" Marguerite smiled sadly. "Thank you for your kindness."

"No need to thank me princess, anyway enough of all of this sadness. How about you tell me of your homeland?" Trying desperately to brighten the mood not wanting to dwell on this any longer than need be. He imagined that as a princess she must have many interesting tales to tell and that would give him better knowledge about life outside of this empire.

"It was lovely," said Marguerite. "Though lonely. I love David, my brother. Though he was busy. He had to learn to take the throne. I spent a lot of my time in the garden. The prettiest roses grew there. I had a horse, Luella. I rode her often. I was very sheltered. This is the first time in my life I've left the palace in my whole life."

"Well I'm sorry the first time you left your castle was under such an extreme circumstance. This truly is a beautiful country and hopefully one day you will be able to see it form outside of those bars. I am sure the trial will go well and you will be ransomed to your relatives that fled to the country north of your own." Then pulling out a small block of wood and a knife. "Do you have a favorite animal princess?"

Marguerite smiled sadly. "I doubt I am a princess anymore. Please call me Marguerite. Thank you for your kind words. I do love all animals. I suppose horses and cats are my favorite."

With a chuckle Wolf looked at the princess. "You have the look of a princess about you so it's hard to break that habit. I'm not sure I can make a cat but I think I might be able to make a fine miniature wooden horse." As he began to whittle away at the small block of wood with his knife.

Marguerite gave her most genuine smile yet at his kindness. "Thank you. I doubt I look like a princess anymore, though." She did not. She was dirty, her clothes were torn, and her hair was a mess. But there still was something about her that said she was a royal.

"I beg to differ you still strike me as royalty. The way you carry yourself is very impressive and distinguishes you from most folk iv encountered." A smile on his face as he continued to carve at the wood block making some progress at shaping it.

"I doubt, though, anyone here would consider me a princess," said Marguerite. "You would think I was a common thief, the way I was brought here. They were very cruel."

"Well I consider you a princess for what it is worth." A look of pity etched across his face at the mention of cruelty that she had suffered at the hands of his comrades. "War time does that to people. It makes otherwise kind men into vicious animals so try to forgive their behavior. Even though I know some things are unforgivable you needn't worry because now that you are in my charge no harm will come your way."

Marguerite smiled sadly. "Thank you. But please call me Marguerite. I have always preferred my name to my title. And if anyone is to be my jailer, I'm glad it is you."

"Fine you win out Marguerite, I yield I will call you by your given name." Still working on his figure that he was carving he saw that the princess still had the book he had given her in hand. "So are you enjoying the book? It teaches valuable lessons about duty and honor, it might be more apealing to men but I find it has lessons it in that can apply to anyone."

"Yes, thank you," said Marguerite. "And I completely agree. But I find I am distracted. I'm so scared. I want to be with my family again. I'm in prison and I might die! I haven't done anything!"

"Bad things happen to good people Marguerite. I wish things were not like that but sadly there are some things in this world that cannot change." He had finished wittling down the block of wood into what looked like a crude horse and slide it into the cell for the princess. "Now I am no carpenter but I give this to you in hopes it will give you better fortune."

Marguerite smiled as she took it. "Thank you. I shall keep it close and it shall be a reminder that there is still goodness in the world."

Wolf couldn't help the flush of red in his cheeks at the princesses praise. He had not really had much dealings with the fairer sex let alone had any dealings with royalty. So this compliment caught him a little off guard. "Well hopfully it will bring you the luck that you deserve and get you a fair trial and have you back to your family in no time."

Marguerite smiled. "Thank you for your kindness. I can only hope for the best now, can't I? I'm still utterly terrified."

"You have nothing to fear but fear itself. Just keep your head up and face everything in a matter that would make your family proud. That way no matter how bad things get you can still live with no regrets." He knew that the princess was worried about the fate of her family and if she were going to be put to death or ransomed off.

"Thank you for your kindness," said Marguerite. "Everyone else has hated me just because of the family I was born into. Do they even have the right to take a royal from another nation and put her on trial for her life?"

Last edited by a moderator:
"Well the victors of war reserve the right to do what they wish. It's the sad truth of your situation, you are at the mercy of the court." He furrowed his brow in thought before looking at the princess. "You will appear in court in a couple of days so just try and prepare yourself the best you can. Hopefully they will see reason and show mercy."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back