• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Princess and the Servant Boy. Charlie Boy X CAUGHTBYTHEWIND

Characters
Here

CharlieBoy

Space Cowboy
My name is Dimitri.

I was a servant boy in the big palace. I was ten and grew up in the poorhouse orphanage. There was not a chance they could hold me in the kitchens to do my job. I just wanted to explore. To run around outside. To play. Even to play fight if the opportunity arose.

One day I managed to sneak away when nobody was looking. I walked through the palace, taking extra care not to be caught by the dreaded queen or her big burly guards who were always at her side.

The palace was spectacular. Ornate ceilings, ornate walls, ornate floors. Top to toe in riches. I was in awe. I’d never seen anything like this.

That’s when I saw her. The Princess. She was the same age as me and I smiled. I didn’t think she was beautiful or anything. I was ten, I just didn’t think like that. All I was thinking was that someone here was the same age And they might want to play. To be honest, it didn’t really dawn on me who she actually was.

“Hullo.” I edged forward, taking off my cap. “My name’s Dimitri.

saints and sinners saints and sinners

Last edited:
Rebeckah sighed gently as she sat on the floor of her room, playing quietly with her dolls. After her mother and father were busy with court matters and all the guards on duty today, there was no one around for her to play with.

A small yelp passed through her lips as she heard a voice behind her. Setting the doll in her hands down at her side, she turned round to face whoever was at the door. “Hello,” she murmured gently, a smile crossing her features. She hadn’t realised there was indeed someone her own age here. “Do you want to play?” she enquired, desperate to get out and play hide and seek rather than being holed up indoors all day.

“Yes !” I squeaked. I was so excited. I was too young to know that I shouldn’t even talk to the princess like this. I took off my hat, the uniform, and discarded it. It was too hot, and wouldn’t be good for hiding or outside playing.
“what’s your name? My names Dimitri” I repeated myself, I was. A bit too excited “and I’m ten years old.”

Rebeckah giggled excitedly and climbed to her feet. She too, was excited. Being an only child definetely had its perks, but it was also quite lonely at times too. She didn’t know any better that she really shouldn’t be even speaking to him. She was still so young and carefree, her parents hadn’t really imposed much of the politics that came along with being who she was.

“It’s nice to meet you Dimitri. I’m Rebeckah,” she murmured by way of introducing herself, extending a hand for him to shake. “Really? Me too!” she chirped, just about jumping for joy. “What shall we plaaay?” she asked.

“Unmmm” I put my little finger to my mouth in thought as I swung my body left and right. “I dunno. I’m really good at hiding!”

I gave a toothy smile, my bottom tooth still not grown back yet.
“Maybe we should.. stay in one place though. This place is so big! I’ll get lost”

I giggled again, getting more and more excited at the prospect of having a friend

Rebeckah watched as he tried to think, her hands going behind her back as she pursued her lips and swayed side to side slightly. “Hide and seek! Hide and seek!” she chirped happily, bouncing where she stood.

A small chuckle passed through her lips. “Isn’t that the whole point of hide and seek?” she murmured. “Or we could go out into the gardens?” she suggested.

“Yeahhhh” i knew what she meant “but when I say lost I mean I’ll never find my way ever again! This house is so so big!”
I giggled again.

“Okay, the garden sounds like fun! Can you show me the way?”

Rebeckah giggled softly along with him and nodded. Hopefully if he stayed around long enough, he come to know all the nooks and crannies of the palace like the back of his hand and not get lost.

Nodding excitedly, she grabbed onto his hand. “Follow me!” she chirped, walking to the door before breaking into a run and dragging him along behind her.

I couldn’t help but ran as fast as I could following her. I was so excited to just play. I had completely forgot that I wasn’t supposed to be there. I had forgotten that I had snuck away. I forgot I was a servant.

“You hide first!” I said “I’ll count to 20! But don’t go to far!!!! I’ll never find you!”

Rebeckah didn’t care that he was a servant boy. All she cared about was the fact that they were the same age and he wanted to play! He was like the brother she’d always wished she’d had.

Grinning as he spoke, she nodded excitedly. “Okay!” she chirped. Releasing his hand, she darted off to find a hiding place. Easy so that he could find her, but not so obvious.

I realised I couldn’t count to twenty. I’d heard people try before so I made it up. After what felt like a long enough time, I went for a hunt.

I couldn’t see her at first.

“Rebeckah?” I called out, with a chuckle. I was also really pleased c it gave me a reason to keep looking around.

Rebeckah chuckled softly as she heard him call out. “Over here!” she called back from where she was hiding behind a bush. She didn’t mind that he didn’t know how to count. As long as they both had fun, that was what mattered.

((OOC- shall I put the Queen in seeing them playing?))

“Found you!!” I shouted out, running over to her. I then tapped her on the shoulder and started to run. “Now you have to try and catch me!”

I laughed, adding more to the game.

“Can’t catch me!”

(Yeah sure!!)

Rebeckah squealed as he tapped her on the shoulder. Giggling softly, she got to her feet. “Okay! One...Two....Three....!” she called out, counting to twenty. “Ready or not, here I co-!” she began as she spun on her feet only to be greeted by the tall thin frame of her mother, the Queen, and by the looks of things - she wasn’t happy.

“My, my. Playing with a servant boy are we? What have I told you about the lower class, child?!” Catalina snapped.

Hiding from a bush nearby, I gasped. I had forgotten my place, but I wasn’t even sure whether it was wrong.

“Your majesty” I said, standing like I had been told. “I’m sorry, we are friends”

I gave a grin, the blackness of my missing tooth almost glinting

Rebeckah swallowed back a dry lump in her throat at her mother’s words. “B-but-“ she began, a gasp escaping her lips as he came out from behind a bush. A loud yelp escaped her lips as her mother grabbed out towards her arm. “I’ll deal with you later,” her mother sneered in her ear before releasing her.

Stepping towards the boy, she made a grab for the scruff of his neck. “You should know your place, boy! You’re coming with me! Back to the kitchens with you!” she snapped.

“Please your majesty” I was trying to struggle from her grip. I knew she was strict. I knew I was never to cross her path. I still didn’t know beignfriends with a princess was so terrible “we were just playing hide and seek! Please don’t send me back!”

The Queen ignored his pleas and began to stalk back towards the palace doors.

Rebeckah whimpered gently as she watched, before darting after them. She quickly put herself between her mother and the door that led back inside to the kitchens. “Mother, please...he’s my friend!” she gasped. “Please. Please don’t hurt him. He wasn’t going to hurt me. Please! Just let us play?” she begged.

I couldn’t help but struggle. I was actually really scared. I actually was trying to escape from her clutches. Hearing the princess beg for her not to hurt me made me wonder what wa sin store.

“I’m sorry, your majesty!” I yelped. I realised what I had done must have been wrong.

The Queen glared down at her daughter, her gaze flickering between the two. Finally, she realeased the boy - having seen how much Rebeckah was trying to defend him. The last thing she wanted was to upset her. “Fine. But stay out of my way,” she snapped. “One wrong move and you’re out the door, are we clear?” she asked the boy.

Rebeckah let out a small sigh of relief. He was staying. At least in the meantime.

“Thank you, your majesty” I said, picking myself up the floor as I had fell when she released me. I could tell that she really didn’t like me.
I looked at her with my biggest, most apologetic eyes. Hoping she would maybe feel a little bit sorry for me.

I then smiled at the princess, we could still play! It wasn’t all bad!

The Queen simply gave a curt nod towards them both and made her way back inside.

Rebeckah let out a breath she hadn’t even realised she’d been holding in. As soon as her mother was gone, she darted forwards and wrapped her arms around him. “I’m sorry. I should have warned you,” she murmured gently. “She won’t hurt you. Not whilst I’m around,” she vowed.

“What would she do to me if you weren’t” I asked, my eyes wide, my breath released too. I was clutching onto my trousers in fear.

“Have what I done? Are we not supposed to play”

Rebeckah shook her head. “You don’t want to know,” she murmured. Also, she didn’t want to frighten him. Sure, her mother punished her at times but she got off lightly for being her daughter - however, the same could not be said for her newly acquainted friend.

“No, we are. Just try not to worry..” she told him, offering him a kind smile.

(OOC - did you want to do anything else with them being this age or shall we skip forward to when she returns from school?)

“But I am worried... she wasn’t happy... I can’t lose my job. I just... can’t. I don’t have anybody outside of here. I don’t have a home.”

I gave a sad, forlorn look to her.

“I think I might die without it.”

(Shall we have it were the guards beat the boy... then skip?)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back