• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

The Pridelands [Closed]

Simba

Mufasa's Son

Simba pressed his lips together as he finished crushing the berries in the palm of his hand before transporting it into a kettle over a lit fire. He brewed it for a little bit till it turned into paint. The boy used his index finger to mix it in further without realizing the heat that was radiating off from his kettle. Wincing slightly, he pulled back the paint dripping down his palm. Sighing in defeat, he put the burning pot down and grabbed a wooden spoon-like utensil. He dipped it in the cooling liquid before pouring it on the tips of his fingers. With a boy-like grin, he got out of his hut, running outside.

78385307.OVw4MIm2.MaliNov06412.jpg

Despite the fact that it like a desert outside of his little hut, he was able to find a small puddle buried in the grass. Looking down at his rippled reflection, he applied the paint onto his face so that it matched his father's. To his own shock, the result was breathtaking. He had finally accomplished the art of applying the berries without any help from his parents. Gleefully, he set out to find his best friend, Nala. Surely she'd rejoice in his accomplishment as well.

"Nala!" He called out, running as fast as his short legs would allow him. The boy ran past multiple people of his clan as he searched around to find the girl. "Excuse me! Sorry!" He shouted at an elderly woman that was walking with her son proudly. Since he was the chief's son, known widely around the large tribe he often was smiled or chuckled at. The lady smiled, allowing the youth run past her in a flash. After what seemed like countless minutes, Simba's eyes lit up when he saw Nala.

Running that was the star of the Pridelands, he sat down right next to the girl, an award winning smile riding his face. He didn't care that he had a bit of a tooth gap considering the fact that he was still growing. Before he could talk to the girl, his father chuckle from his side. Simba looked up at his dad who was standing by his mother and Nala's mother. "Now, Now Simba. Calm down. You stirred the whole clan by running this fast. They must of thought a buffalo was stampeding by." His father smiled proudly at his son upon seeing the paint.

"Sorry, father. I'll be more careful later." He grinned toothily before turning back to his best friend, his second finger pointing at his own face. Simba wiped the excess berries off the tip of his fingers against the beaming hot rock they were located on top of. "I did it without mom or dad! I'm on my way of being the chief already."

NALA

cape_rivers_streams_105297_357481.jpg
Nala rose early in the hut she shared with her mother, watching as the sun appeared in the cloudless sky. The older woman and her daughter were to take a trip to the nearby river to bathe and wash some of their clothing. Nala looked forward to it, given her love of bathing in the stream's cool waters. "Mother, how long will we be gone today?" The young girl inquired, as they prepared for their journey. "We'll be gone for most of the morning. I'm sure Simba will be here, when we return." Sarafina replied with a knowing smile, as the two children were practically inseparable. They were a troublesome pair, but their parents were glad that they had each other. "Okay, let's go! Hurry up!" Nala shouted in excitement, getting her things together rapidly, as she wanted to return quickly to spend most of the day with her best friend.

After fifteen minutes, the two females set out for the inlet, a body of water near the edge of the clan's territory. In spite of the dry air outside their hut, Nala appreciated the walk, given the different objects they saw along the way. She was always in awe to discover everything around them, regardless of its size of shape. The little girl's feet pattered quickly against the ground, looking forward to bathing and admiring the landscape near the waterway. When they arrived, she ran toward the water, clutching her clothes in hand with determination. Her mother's laughter rang out from behind her, however, Nala continued her trek toward the river. As her small feet made contact with the cool liquid, she sighed contently, stripping down and beginning to bathe herself. The young girl smiled, taking her time until her mother insisted they wash their garments.

Some time later, the duo returned to the Clan, packing their things away in the hut. Afterwards, Nala found herself sitting on a hot rock near the huts, wondering whether or not Simba was awake yet. She did not have to ponder long, given the young boy raced toward her and sat down beside her with a large grin. Despite not knowing the source of his happiness yet, the little girl could not help but smile as well. "Where we--?" Nala began, only to be interrupted by the booming voice of their great chief. She looked up at Mufasa with a bright smile, stifling back a snicker, as the wise man reprimanded his son. "If there was a buffalo stampede, he would be crying." Nala teased with a smirk, looking up at their parents with an innocent expression.

As Simba proudly displayed his paint, her large eyes widened in surprise.
"Whoa!" Nala exclaimed with fascination, moving closer to get a better look at the markings on his face. "They don't look too bad... But your mother and father do a better job." She teased with a smug smile, nudging her shoulder against his. "You have to show me how you did it." She continued, given the young girl was no expert on making paint herself. "Oh! Mother and I went to the river earlier." She announced suddenly, wanting to tell him all about their adventure.

Last edited by a moderator:

kylesims-fullthrottle.jpg

Simba

Mufasa's Son

Simba frowned slightly when Nala snickered slightly when his dad softly scolded him. He tried to be offended when Nala pointed out the fact that if it was a stampede he'd be crying. The boy laughed, not being able to muster proper anger. "Yeah, right, Nala. At least I'd be running. I bet you'd cry and be frozen in the spot!" Simba teased his best friend, softly nudging her with the tip of his elbow. He didn't realize his father's frown when he heard the two children. "Simba, Nala.. this is one thing not to tease about. Buffalo Stampedes are very serious, and if one occurred I'd hope that both of you would step up to the plate and alert the village."

Simba glanced up at his father, wearing a cheeky grin. "Don't worry father- I'd step to the plate! Nala in the other hand... I don't know..." He stuck his tongue out at Nala. Even though he said it, it was obvious that he was just joking around with his best friend. Deep down, he was also sure that both of them would remain collected and calm if that issue was to ever rise. Mufasa tilted his head slightly at Simba, almost as if it was a warning sign for him to drop the subject.

The chief's son turned over and decided to pick up the conversation about his war paint. "Har-Har, Nala." He rolled his eyes playfully, pulling on her arm a little. "Well, obviously. They do better because isn't that what parents are trained to do?" He asked with a chuckle, before smirking smugly. "I don't know, Nala... can you handle me teaching you how to do it? It's a really difficult task.. and I'm not sure you're up to it..." The boy teased her.

A small yet genuine grin rode his lips as the girl told him that her mother had taken her to the river. He nodded, urging the girl to continue on with her story. "Well, go on! Did you see any animals? Father's going to teach me how to hunt!" Simba posed in a dramatic manner. "One day I'll be as strong as him- if not stronger!" He informed Nala before being quiet so that she could tell him about the small adventure that she was taken on earlier that morning.

NALA

note_shrew_001.jpg

Nala pouted when Simba mentioned her being frozen in front of
a buffalo stampede, barely being able to contain her bubbling laughter. "That's not true! I'm not afraid of them at all!" She retorted moments later, some of her giggles escaping, as Simba nudged her. She nudged him back in the shoulder a little hit harder with her elbow. Their laughter was one of the many things the young girl enjoyed about their friendship, as they could never stay mad at each other for long. Their dialogue was often full of discovery and clear retorts for their age. Nala looked up, as Mufasa's booming voice reprimanded them for joking about a buffalo stampede. "I'm sorry, Mufasa." She murmured gently, looking down at the ground and feeling guilty for joking.

Her conscience-stricken demeanor vanished quickly, as Simba teased her in front of Mufasa. She crossed her arms defensively and looked at her best friend, sticking out her tongue and resisting the urge to elbow him again. "I can do ten times better at stepping up to the plate than you can!" She stated with a smug smile, bursting into a fit of laughter moments later. Nala knew that he was just teasing her, something they did often in their spare time. She looked up just as Mufasa tilted his head slightly at her companion, biting her lip to stifle back a giggle at his silent reprimand. She chuckled softly underneath her breath, only to meet the warning gaze of her own mother. Gazing at her for a few moments, the young girl got the message, lowering her head and staring at her feet. "I'm sorry, mother." She murmured gently, biting her lip.

Nala was drawn from her thoughts when Simba commented on his paint, giggling when her best friend pulled on her arm. "Hey!" She laughed, flicking his shoulder and looking over at the boy. "I think parents do more than just that." She tried to reason, attempting to quantify the number of things Serafina helped her with. She gave up moments later when it came to a number over ten, knowing she would be there counting for quite some time. The girl rolled her eyes, as Simba claimed she might not be able to handle his instructions. "If you were able to do it, painting should be ten times easier for me! Trust me!" She teased back with laughter, pushing his shoulder with a smirk.

She matched his smile, as they began talking about her trip to the river. "We saw a couple animals! I wish we saw more, but it was early this morning." She voiced, laughing when Simba proclaimed that his father would teach him to hunt. "You're going to be one of the best hunters too!" She admitted with an excited tone, giggling at his dramatic manner and sharing his elation. "There were elephant shrew and some gazelles. I thought I saw a hippo near the water too!" She stated with a proud smile, looking over at Simba for his reaction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back