• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Price of Duty [Private]

[class=PostBox]width:80%;height:auto;min-height:450px;padding:10px;border:3px double #ffffff;margin:auto;border-radius:10px;position:relative;[/class] [class=PostName]width:80%;height:33px;border-bottom:double 4px #ffffff;border-bottom-right-radius:90%;border-bottom-left-radius:90%;margin:auto;text-align:center;font-size:25px;[/class] [class=PostImg]width:250px;height:400px;float:right;overflow:none;margin-left:10px;[/class] [class=Credit]font-size:8px;position:absolute;bottom:0;right:1px;[/class] [class name=PostBox]border-color:#61BD6D;background:#444444;color:#ffffff;[/class] [class name=PostName]border-color:#61BD6D;[/class] [class name=PostImg]background:url('https://i.postimg.cc/2yV5mq2f/Lillian-Evans.png');background-size:cover;[/class] [div class=PostBox][div class=PostName]Lillian Evans[/div][div class=PostImg][/div][div class=Credit]Created by IdyllicDreamer[/div]
The pounding echo, pulse, of the music called and pushed against her thoughts. An ebb and flow to the tide. The little birds that chased the waves. Each beat brought about a new thought, one that the next chased away. A torrent of things shifting constantly, ever moving. Water. These thoughts weren't stress, they weren't worry. Simply things that existed within her mind, floating knowledge that did little.

It had been a week now since her last 'flight' so to speak, another escape from that key moment that was the tipping point between excitement, fun, and true commitment. Another great chance, another flow of emotions winding down into a cycle of disappointment. The thought slipping away as quickly as it came, a smile spreading on her face at the sudden gleeful holler of others within the vicinity. The party, Martha's party that was. A friend of hers she had met a coupe years ago really. Nice girl, not that they were super close. She threw a kick-ass party though. The band was even live. A small grew, native to the city. Growing slowly in popularity, Lillian wished them the best.

She might have had a couple by this point in time, two, a literal couple. Second drink finished off she would slip the disposable red cup into another just like it, trash off to the side of the room. The garbage was somewhere but she wasn't going to fight through the crowd just to find it, later she could help with cleanup or something. Or someone was going to be paid for that, maybe she would remember to ask Martha. Her drink limit was probably reached with that, she needed to remember the right way home among other things.

"Hey, Lil', you seen Sasha?" A hand on her arm would bring pause to her trek through the estate, looking for what she wasn't sure but she had decided against staying in the main room. Peering over at another friend, acquaintance really, nice enough guy. If he wasn't completely head over heels for Sasha she might have gone out with him before, too. "Don't quote me, but I think she was over there talking about this new movie that's coming out. Careful, I hear it's meant to be a tear jerker~" Voice teasing, a bit of girl talk had outed Aaron as being a bit of a softie when it came to some scenes. A little scowl on his face suggested he knew what she was implying, still there would be a muttered thanks before he went off to find his girlfriend.

What had she been planning on doing again...? That's right, she was going to Martha's room for something glorious, a grin spreading over her face at her plans.
[/div]

Last edited:
The scent of alcohol and sweat was piercing. Nathaniel had used his six senses the last time he had taken a human host, but they were always overwhelming. Especially in here. With a begrudgingly frown, he put a hand over his nose, and leaned on the back wall.

Music was pounding in his ears and the humans were only making it louder, by trying to battle the volume with their screaming. Humans were so... excessive. He never saw the appeal some of his co-workers saw. There were so many human sympathizers in his field of work, but Nathaniel was not one of the people who found them particularly fascinating.

In fact, he wouldn't even be here, if he hadn't made a huge blunder and gotten himself on cupid-duty. When he had been told this punishment his mouth had almost hit the floor. Some angels signed up willingly for cupid-duty, but his superior had known it would be the worst punishment for Nathaniel. To make matters worse he had been signed up for the only human who would not fall in love.

Arrows, potions, small 'coincidences'. He had tried everything from his handbook, to make Lillian Evans fall for various suitors, over the last few months. Yet, whenever he thought he saw a spark in her eyes, or sign of commitment, she chose to pull out of the relationship and leave the scene; with a brokenhearted man and a frustrated angel. At first he had thought she liked women, but that had been an awkward sidetrack.

Therefore he had taken more drastic measures and descended to earth to actually speak with her. Which spirals the story back to the present, where Nathaniel, a human hating angel on cupid-duty, was standing at a young adult party with a full drink in his hand.

He had spotted Lillian wandering around and interacting with lots of people, but there still weren't a pattern to the guys she seemed to flirt with - according to his handbook: drunk humans also had different standards when they were intoxicated. Nathaniel noticed how she was stopped by a guy, and his interest was peaked, until the guy walked off after a mere few interactions. Aaron, he recalled. Not a second after, his eyes noticed another movement behind her, and he quickly bounced off the wall and for the first time approached her in his human form. He knew her well, but naturally she didn't know him.

Nathaniel's human host was half a head taller than her, but he had chosen a simple, but friendly face - perfect for the 'friend' character he was going to play. His eyes were a warm brown, his hair an unstyled lighter tone of forementioned, and his skin clear. He couldn't do anything about his unnatural aura, but his appearance was at least entirely plain. Except that his skin was very clear and that he was very tall, he looked like the common mundane human. He wouldn't want to accidentally be her type.
He was wearing white t-shirt, with a black blazer and jeans.

Behind her a girl had lost balance with a drink in her hand, and Nathaniel was swift to sweep a hand around Lillian's waist and turn her aside, before the drink could soak her clothes.

"Oh my god, oh my god," the girl exclaimed.

No, just an angel. "Close one," Nathaniel mumbled and looked down at Lillian.

"I'm so sorry. Did you get something on you?" the girl asked drunkenly, and Nathaniel let his hands drop from around Lillian.

"No," he said, without checking, because he had in fact gotten a few spots of blue on his t-shirt.

[class=PostBox]width:80%;height:auto;min-height:450px;padding:10px;border:3px double #ffffff;margin:auto;border-radius:10px;position:relative;[/class] [class=PostName]width:80%;height:33px;border-bottom:double 4px #ffffff;border-bottom-right-radius:90%;border-bottom-left-radius:90%;margin:auto;text-align:center;font-size:25px;[/class] [class=PostImg]width:250px;height:400px;float:right;overflow:none;margin-left:10px;[/class] [class=Credit]font-size:8px;position:absolute;bottom:0;right:1px;[/class] [class name=PostBox]border-color:#61BD6D;background:#444444;color:#ffffff;[/class] [class name=PostName]border-color:#61BD6D;[/class] [class name=PostImg]background:url('https://i.postimg.cc/2yV5mq2f/Lillian-Evans.png');background-size:cover;[/class] [div class=PostBox][div class=PostName]Lillian Evans[/div][div class=PostImg][/div][div class=Credit]Created by IdyllicDreamer[/div]
Here we go. A startled moment as she was pulled back to reality, to the house, into someones arms. It took all of two seconds for the notion that he was cute to settle in her mind, four for her to realize what exactly happened, and a grand total of six for her to notice the other girl at the center of it all. Not someone she was familiar with, then again neither was he. How about that? Not that she expected to know everyone at a party, or even half the people, they were fine enough either way. Another two seconds and the impulsive part of her brain would have one of her hands grasping for his wrist, her 'savior'.

"I think you got some on him over there~" Lillian spoke playfully, technically a lie, she had no idea if the other girl had or not. Motioning to another guy, his back turned, directly behind her. The trajectory and amount of bouncing any droplets would have had to make to get on him would have been cartoonish if not something else, yet still she suggested it. Mischief on her face, harmless and she was out here to have one.

"Come on~" No thank you, not yet anyways, as she would try to pull him away through the crowd now. Still a girl on a mission, and apparently now he was her accomplice. The impulse. It wouldn't be until they had a bit more privacy, away from the main floor, that she would speak again. Unrelinquishing of his wrist, hand, whatever she had managed her hold on, unless he took it back or something of the sort.

"I've got a great idea, let's have some fun." Normally, she might have had the tact to phrase that differently. As normally that sentence could be taken so many ways at a party where one was seeking privacy from the crowd. That, however, was certainly not her intention.[/div]

Last edited:
Nathaniel- and the girl, both followed her finger to the other guy, confused. Oblivious to her lie. He saw no logical way the splash had gone that far, and was about to open his mouth to utter that fact, but before he knew it her hand clasped around his wrist. He looked at her bewildered, but then allowed her to drag him along. Stumbling on the first step, but then followed after her without a problem. He would just claim to have had a drink or two and not that he hadn't walked on two legs for the past month.

"Come where exactly?" he retorted, but didn't make a move to withdraw his hand. He had thought it would take a bit more work to actually make a good interaction occur. Maybe some small-talk, but before he had even spoken a word they were leaving hand-in-...wrist. When she said to have some 'fun' his eyebrows furrowed a little by the implications. He had thought he made his human host plain enough, but it seemed that her human mind was intoxicated, like the book had said. He hoped it wasn't the case though, because he had broken the rules enough as it was, without getting a human kiss on his record.

So, when they stood still, he looked her in the eyes with a skeptical look, and then down at the hand by his wrist. "What exactly do you imply by fun?" he asked, his own choice of word not exactly modern, but it was the first thing that flew out of his mouth.

It was a little surreal to be talking to the person he had been watching over for such a long time. She might also be the first human he had properly had a conversation with.

Now, at first she was going to say that he would see, keep it a mystery, or something of that sort. What fun was the game if all the players knew what it was right away, but the look on his face, his words... Something about it gave her further pause and she just peered at him, it took a second or two for her mind to really dawn on it all. Sucking in her lips slightly for a second to create a quick pop of a sound a snicker would slip out, and a shake of her head that would send brown waves bouncing slightly.

"No, no, nothing like that. Goodness we just met, I'm not that drunk." Which certainly wasn't implying she wouldn't have, had she a few more drinks. Shy didn't exactly seem to be an accurate description of Lillian really, or at least it wasn't when she had a few drinks. "Come on, the bedroom is over here." Which almost completely contradicted her previous statement.

Leading into the room she would finally release his hand, closing the door behind them after she had verified that there wasn't some couple in here using the room already. It was a miracle. The closed doors and surrounding walls provided a bit of a buffer against the noise, the music, going on in the main area of the party. It would have been easier to think in here, or talk really. Yet that wasn't her only goal as she went right over to the dresser.

"I'm going to braid some of Martha's panties, and hang them up from the flag-pole. We get bonus points if we can make a state, or country, flag with the colors~" Her plan outed as she glanced over at him again, the look of pure mischief on her face impossible to mistake. It seemed like the perfect plan to her, really. No one would recognize them as Martha's anyways.

"Guys would work better, since they're usually bigger... Well, boxers anyways. You can donate yours to the cause if you want." It would be two beats there before she added in, "I'm kidding~"
[/div]

Last edited:
He looked at her observantly as she let out a small laugh at his words. Nathaniel's shoulders slumped in relief when she revealed that it wasn't like that. He might have looked a bit too relieved honestly. He was still on track. He followed her into the bedroom. Delighted that the sound was muffled to a lower level in here and took a look around. He glanced over at a picture on the side of the room of a smiling girl, and guessed it belonged to her. The bed was made, but a complete mess, from someone lying on top of it. He was guessing that someone had already been in here before them.

"I'm going to braid Martha's panties...."

"What?" he mumbled, as he was pulled from his thought, eyes shifting back in her direction. At first he had thought he heard her wrong. 'Braiding underwear'?, but then he walked over and noticed that she was indeed opening up the underwear drawer with a wide array of colors inside. He looked back up at her face for hints of her kidding, but only mischievous, determined green eyes met him. Nathaniel didn't remember last time a smile had appeared on his lips, but for just a second the corners of his lips pulled up a bit. Yet it was gone as quick as it came.

"Do you have a grudge against ... Martha, was it?" he asked her.

Then he glanced back down at the panties and folded his arms. "You know, gentleman or not, it's not exactly a proud moment for a guy to look through a girls private drawers," he pointed out. So this was her 'fun'.

How she would have liked to see that shift in expression, that momentary moment in which the pure silliness of the moment took whatever made up his persona. Whatever it was that kept his expression somewhere in the realm of neutral. Yet, she didn't know him well enough to settle on that exactly. Instead she was just determined to pull him into her little game, this adventure she was partaking in to leave a particular splash for this party. A small laugh at the notion of a grudge, was that what it seemed like?

"Oh no, Martha and I are friends. We do this sometimes, silly little digs at each other. Well, not the best of friends but we get along alright. She'll find some way to get me back I'm sure." The brunette spoke with an obvious level of amusement, rummaging around through the underwear as she started pulling out similar enough colors to begin weaving the flag. Unfortunately, the silken fabric would be hard to work for this but if she used some socks... Yes socks would help this all stay together, foolproof.

"I mean, if it would make you feel better she's single. You can always head downstairs and try getting into her panties the old fashion way~" A playful wink would be passed his way there, another snicker. Probably a bit more frequent due to her drinks, or the sheer merriment of the plan. Something or other. Was Martha single? Well if he wanted to know he could always find out, but with his response to thinking she was hinting at sex, well, he probably wouldn't.

"Thanks, by the way, for the save. Beer isn't the worst thing I could have got on my clothes tonight but I'd rather not if it can be helped." Mind finally tracking back to that, the way they met.
[/div]

Last edited:
He looked thoughtful when she said the thing about Martha and him, and realised that he knew the cupid that was assigned to her. "I have a feeling she will pair up with someone else," just flew out of him. 'Pair up' was their usual term when bringing people together. "...I thought I saw her with someone." he added quickly.

Then he leaned up against the wall and changed the subject. "What country are you deciding for Martha?" he asked her, not making a move to take the panties himself, but not stopping her either, as she started to weave her 'flag'. "I can imagine trying to make an American one would be quite the task, maybe trying for Germany or Japan would be more simple," he pointed out.

When she thank'ed him, he gave her a small nod. "You're welcome L-," he cut himself off, hoping she didn't catch that. Mid-sentence he realised that he almost used her name. He knew her very well after all, but she might not actually have told him her real name yet. Nathaniel had also not introduced himself.

The angel cleared his throat, before he lifted a hand out toward her. "My name is Nathaniel," he presented himself.

An eyebrow would actually arch at that, peering over at him again at the phrasing. Pair up, he had an interesting way of talking. Granted with some of the things, ideas, that came out of her mouth at times she hardly had any room to talk. So, she disregarded that, not all of what he said of course but... The phrasing certainly. Maybe she could pester him about where he was from later, that such things. Could have been interesting.

"Well it would be nice to see her... Paired up, with a good guy that is. I swear she has the worst tastes. Ugh. Like that last one, after he dumped her I took a page out of the Godfather. Know those big horse head masks they have at the stores? Well, he found one in his bed. I didn't have the heart, or stomach, to do something like that to a real horse but... Unless he was completely uncultured I think he got my message." It had been between relationships for her, and Martha had been rather crushed so she acted impulsively. Only a couple months ago, she didn't know he could have seen the whole thing. The way she sneaked into his place while he was out with a new fling, tucked the creepy mascot hat in his bed all nice and neatly. Then got out of there like a bat out of hell. He deserved it.

"If I had more talent for braiding I might have just taken you up on the American Flag challenge, but, alas, I don't think I could pull it off. My inner juvenile would love to make it a penis flag, but it'd probably be too frumpy looking, and there isn't the right color scheme so... German sounds good." A little chatty, friendly enough, it didn't really take much for Lillian to find a rhythm of getting along with someone. So long as they weren't a complete ass she could make it work somehow. Well, for a casual friendship, relationships she completely bombed out of. Not that he needed to know that.

"Nice to meat you Nathaniel~ Can I call you Nate? Nathan? Casual~" She knew a guy once named Steven, everyone called him Steve, he never complained about it but he preferred being called Steven. You know, the name he introduced himself as. It seemed like the person in question should have a say in the matter. Unless it was a stupid, joking, nickname. Then all bets were off.

[/div]

He had seen Lillian be chatty with various people, but this was the first time he experienced it himself, and it was quite comfortable, he had to admit.

"I haven't seen the Godfather, is that a religious book?" he asked her. He didn't really know human literature- or film, so he didn't actually get the reference. He had had the chance to learn human culture before, but he had passed on it, since it hadn't interested him. Therefore he wasn't sure why a horse's head would be any sort of revenge.

He looked into the drawer for color schemes of the german flag. Then let out a snort when she said she wanted to make a penis flag, and pointed to a pair of red panties for the middle part of the stripes. This wasn't what he had thought he would be doing on his first day on earth, if his superior saw him now, he would be doing cupid-duty until the end of the century.
"Where are you going to hang it?"

He looked up at her and shrugged. "You can call me Nathan. Only one other person actually use that shortening. Mostly I am just Nathaniel," he told her. Then he put a hand out toward her. "...and what is your name?"

Pausing at those words she would just look over at him, really look, with her eyes narrowing on him in a moment of thought. Though, it certainly wasn't real suspicion, instead she was trying to make up her mind about something before a more lopsided expression took over her face. A grin settled right there. "A religious book? Oh wow you are out of the loop, no it was only one of the greatest books and movies made back in its time!" It was a classic now, and rare to find someone who hadn't at least heard of it. This could have been a rare treat... "Not much for movies are you?" The simplest explanation.

"So in the movie there is this guy who refuses a deal with the Godfather, who is this head honcho of a big organization. Criminal stuff, not really good people. Now, the Godfather can't just let it sit like that, bad for business, so he has the guys top prized horse killed, and the head put in his bed while he slept. It was symbolic, a warning, a kind of... 'This is you if you say no again', thing." Snatching up the red pair she would just kind of flex them in her hands a little, wiggling them in Nathan's direction with more amusement. No harm, panties, they were clean! Going about slipping the needed colors together to make her mesh. The plan coming together.

"So upstairs there is this flag holder hanging over the pool, if I do it right I can get it there before anyone sees me, and I just have to wait for people to notice and then give salutes~" She may have done so herself, at that moment, if not for his hand. Taking it quickly, a firm enough grip with a quick shake followed up with a sweet smile.

"Lillian's the name, life's the game. It's too short to waste so I like to have fun if you haven't noticed~" Which might have begged the question as to why she couldn't simply enjoy a relationship, if life was too short.

[/div]

Suddenly her eyes were directly on him, as if he had said something outrageous and he returned her gaze with a calm look of his own. "What?" he mouthed out. She revealed that he apparently was 'out of the loop', as well as concluded that he wasn't really into movies and to that he just shrugged one shoulder, because that was the truth.

"You are probably right, I have not really watched any," he admitted. "I mostly read books." It didn't really occur to him that it was an off-thing to say in this century. He did listen to her story and furrowed his brows. It was quite a barbaric story she told him, so a man killed another creature to send a message. That was the story? And it was the humans 'greatest' work. He looked at her as if he wanted to say something, but then just nodded as if accepting it reluctantly.

Then he flinched a bit when panties were suddenly squirming closer. He swatted them away, but although he didn't smile again, his eyes showed that he was a little amused by her strange antics. So after, he did take her hand and heard the name, he already knew, in her unusual way of presenting it.

"I did notice..." he admitted, and gave her hand a shake. "...the underwear flag was a good hint." One thing humans had going was how warm they were, he noticed as he shook her hand.

Then he let go though. "Did you finish the flag?" he asked her, and looked over at it in her hand.

That was an odd one, he was a strange guy, not exactly in a bad way he simply... was. To be fair, though, she actually liked books, and movies, a lot of things actually. It was fascinating to her to see the way people portrayed something, from the actors, to the minds behind it all creating it. Books could be the more personal of it all, the thoughts of the writer just down on the page in such a way. A peek into their mind, how they could have perceived the world. The movies would always lose a lot of detail, yet seeing so many come together to bring something to life was interesting in of itself.

"Physical or electronic? I like both depending on what I can get my hands on." Another plan forming though, if he hadn't seen any movies... Well, obviously she was just going to have to get his information before the night was over. Then kidnap him for a marathon of classics, or something like that. It would probably be fine, he seemed the type who could just go with the flow, if the current situation was any indication.

"Flag is ready for hoisting, captain~" It wouldn't hold up against a sturdy wind but it would certainly survive long enough for someone to notice it. Or, part of it would fall on someone's head and that would have been funny too. Either way, she was going to get a kick out of it. "Come on the holder is this way." Outside of the sanctity of the room, the quiet, would be a set of stairs leading... well, upstairs. Couples sneaking off, some of them right there getting a little too friendly in the hallway though...

"Move it or lose it, quit taking the whole hall!" Talking a little louder than needed Lillian would have bumped into one couple on the way, the only one out in the open now. She had plenty of room to get around them really, crowded against the wall as they were. Honestly, though, she just wanted them to realize they needed to find a new spot, no one wanted to see everything they were up to. Sure they hadn't gone as far as they could have, not nearly, but they were probably getting there. Near the end would have been a window, overlooking the pool as she said.

"I need to hang out the window a little to get this on the pole already there, I need you to hold me steady~" Already starting to open the window she didn't seem too concerned on if he wanted to do this or not.

[/div]

He followed Lillian out of the room, but as he saw the two people kissing Nathaniel froze in surprise. Not because of the display of affection, but because of who was floating around them. A beautiful woman with dark hair and pale brown wings, which Lillian ran right through when she passed down the hall. Another cupid had just been hovering over the two lovers and was finishing up their work with a small smile. He spun on his heel, to face away, with a surprised inhale. Luckily the cupid didn't seem to notice him and disappeared out through the wall. Wow, that had been a close one. He was sure that he would be reported if anyone saw him in a human host.

He turned back around and looked after Lillian again, but she had already sped to her next location. She was surprisingly fast. He hurried past the lovers and, unlike Lillan, tried his best not to touch them. Then he spotted her... on her way out a window. "What? Hold on! Hold on!" he chanted, as he saw her.

Naturally he still grabbed a hold of her ankles, because she was already starting the climb. "You could break your neck," he pointed out. Not that she would, because Nathaniel could fly and he would definitely swoop in if she lost balance, but he would rather not get eternal cupid-duty, thank you.

"Be careful..." he just ended on, when it was clear that she was doing this. Why were humans so rash? In fact, he was starting to realise that Lillian might be above average in the rash department.

Fortunately for him she didn't catch his behavior there, or she might have questioned on if he was prudish too. Something to that effect anyways, more questions that he likely didn't want at the moment. Instead she tended not to look back much, unless it was to tease whoever was behind her, a very forward marching person most of the time, unless certain things came up.

"Relax, it's fine~ Just don't let go." She spoke rather casually as she worked the creation of underwear onto the pole for another flag, after having rolled said flag up. After all the odds of her actually breaking her neck from this fall were low, it was just the second floor and there were quite a few bodies down there if she did fall. It might have hurt like hell, for her and whomever happened to help break it, but she honestly doubted it would be fatal. There was a method to her madness, some thought put into it all.

With the 'flag' hanged one might have expected her to then climb back into the window, yet as green eyes fell on something in the crowd below she ended up freezing. Someone she hadn't noticed at the party before now, an ache forming in her chest at the sight of her most recent breakup down there with another girl, pretty too. Of course she had been the one to end it, to walk away like she always did, it was right that he find someone else. That didn't mean seeing it didn't hurt to some degree. Finally she would back up through the window, depending on where he stayed the whole time she might have bumped him with her butt.

"Well that was fun, I think I want to get out of here now~ You staying here or up for some adventure with me?" Except there might have been some questions over why she simply wanted to go now, instead of waiting to see the reaction of her handiwork. Lillian hadn't shown the slightest signs of wanting to leave before now, but that lopsided amused expression had returned to her face. Half a life.

[/div]

He dutifully held onto her legs, and glanced down at the people below. None of them seemed to have noticed yet, but he was sure it would only be a matter of moments. Soon they would look up, and her plan would be fulfilled. So what surprised him, was when his eyes levelled back up to see Lillian. He had expected to see the same mischievous- or triumphant expression; since her mission was completed, but it was not even close. She looked... melancholy. He realised he had seen that expression a few times actually, it happened when she ended it with one of the guys he found for her.

Nathaniel spotted the guy in the crowd and immediately it dawned to him. After all, he shot the arrow that made her fall in love with him. Nathaniel had really thought he choose the right guy last time. This person had been calm and patient, something he thought would be perfect for someone who had a hard time committing. He had a good job, stable ideals and cheerful. He was a bit loud, messy and a tendency for losing his keys, but nobody was perfect.

Therefore he didn't look the least confused when she wanted to bail, instead he just nodded. "Sure. I am up for another one," he said simply. "...but only if you let me pick the next one?" He commented and gestured towards himself. "...it might be less exciting than your adventures, I admit."

After all. He needed to talk with her properly, and gather information on some good matches for the future, so he didn't make any more mistakes.

Really she had expected some kind of question when she said she wanted to go, after everything, but Lillian really wasn't about to start complaining. After all it meant she didn't have to answer any annoying questions, or mention anything about that particular ex. He had been great, really, aside from how he couldn't seem to pick up after himself before the mess started to get annoying. Even that could have been worked around though, she wasn't perfect either. It wasn't anything like that which had sent her running, it was all her.

"Hit me with your best shot, what did you have in mind?" Even if she had known that he, technically, had been 'hitting' her with his best shots, those arrows, she still would have said the same thing. For now simply missing the poetic irony of it all as she pushed away from the window, away from her thoughts. Instead attempting to focus on something more pleasant, unravel the mystery of her new partner in crime. What, oh what, would be their little game after this? Even if it didn't quite top her previous plan there was still fun to be had with most things, and if not... Well, Lillian would find a way.

There would have been a steadily growing laughter among those staying at the party, as Lillian lead the way out. Someone had noticed the 'flag', pointed it out to the others, and it had all snowballed from there. No reaction could be heard over it all from Martha, though she had to have realized by now what had happened. Outside begged the question, where we they going for his plan, she would wait for his lead on this~

[/div]

Nathaniel found the choice of words... interesting, but didn't comment on it.

He wanted to think of an idea that would allow them to speak together, but also something that Lillian would find fun to do. "I was thinking.." he began, eyes darting momentarily, as he thought about something quickly. "...no one is using the pool. If you want, we can take or swim, or just sit on the side of it too." Since it was a bit cold.

He gestured her along, hoping that she would follow after him outside. The chat around the party was very centered, and he heard a few people laugh and reference the hanging flag by the window. He glanced back at her. "I think some people have started to notice what you did," he commented, and started heading to the downstairs. Since he had been seeing another cupid earlier he was very careful about glancing around while they walked. He was sure that another of his kind would recognize him

Thinking about it for a moment as she rolled her lips, the pool didn't exactly involve leaving even if it was a little less occupied. But, that said... She had asked for his own idea for an adventure. After a moment she would just shrug then, it wasn't as though her ex was by the pool anyways. Besides, it might have been funny to see Nathan try to get in the pool and immediately regret it from the temperature, there was a reason this wasn't a pool party! Which hadn't stopped a few dumbasses earlier in the evening from trying.

"Unless you're talking skinny dipping I didn't bring anything for the pool~" And while she might have been a little 'wild' or 'reckless' at times, she wasn't interested in the entire party suddenly, for some reason, being interested in the pool and catching her all kinds of dressed down. That would have been far worse than the little flag display. Of course she really doubted Nathan was interested in that kind of game, he didn't give off that kind of vibe to her... Gay? Just a nice guy?... Both? Lillian was definitely curious.

"You know I've kind of hogged a lot of the conversation tonight, why not tell me a bit about yourself? Maybeee.... Twenty Questions?" Slipping off her shoes, socks, by the side of the pool she would just sit down next to it. Dipping her fingers in to start making ripples, the slight chill wasn't too much of a problem here.

[/div]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back