The Popcorn Addict likes to write

soggytoenails

About Me

A former figure skating athlete, an artist, a writer, an undergraduate nursing student, and a popcorn addict. Pretty much sums up my existence. I was first introduced to roleplaying in 2015, but didn't get into it until the end of 2017. I've been hooked on creative writing ever since, experimenting with poetry, fiction, and non-fiction. For me, the joy in storytelling is the shock of an outcome you hadn't planned. One that even you, the creator, didn't see coming. It's the explosion of disbelief, of joy and rage, that bursts the moment you realize you have been fooled by your own characters. That is the true beauty of stories. It's why I write.

Roleplay Style and Preferences
  • Quality over quantity. I write what is necessary to establish the scene and nothing more.
  • Original Characters. I only roleplay non-canonical characters.
  • Open to all genres. I'm challenging myself to experiment with different genres.
  • No fandoms. Although I love the Harry Potter and Warriors fandoms, I want to get out of my comfort zone.
Notes on Romance
  • A tool for story progression and character development. If it doesn't contribute to the story, I prefer leaving it out entirely. Please discuss romance plots with me prior to instigating it in-character.
  • Expect realism. Romantic relationships take time to develop and are not perfect. I aim to portray them accurately.
Notes on Mental Wellness
  • I am not comfortable roleplaying as or with characters with mental disorders and conditions. I take mental illness very seriously and do not believe it should be used for entertainment purposes.
  • While I can empathize and offer a listening ear, I am not a trained professional. If you are experiencing depression, feel suicidal, or are tempted to inflict self-harm, I urge you to reach out to friends and family and seek professional help.
Roleplay Expectations
  • Endeavor to reply within 3 days. If there is no reply, I will pm a reminder.
  • Distinguish between fantasy and reality. Don't let real life leak into roleplay and vice versa.
  • Understand the terms godmodding, powergaming, and metagaming.
  • Tell me if you'll be absent. If you have to be away for a while, we can put the roleplay on pause. Real life comes first.
  • Tell me if you're bored. It's no fun for either of us. We can work on re-developing the plot together.
  • Tell me if you wish to discontinue. Ultimately, the choice is your's and I will respect your decisions.
  • Maturity.
How I Start Roleplays
  • The First Scene. Before developing anything in the long run, I want to ensure we're compatible. We can throw together a quick roleplay scene (1 hour max) and decide whether or not we want to pursue something in the long run.
  • Characters. I believe that good story plots are generated from characters' wants and needs. We can share more about the characters: their goals, their flaws, and the relationships they will likely develop.
  • Story Arc. I like to have an outline of different scenes and events that will happen. We can discuss the obstacles they will encounter and the direction the story will take.
Want to roleplay together?

Pm me or comment below.

Welcome to the site soggytoenails soggytoenails ! Look forward to seeing ya around the site. Most of the people here are very nice and willing to help, including me. Let me or any of the staff know if ya need help with anything. If ya have any original story ideas ya wanna try let me know

Users who are viewing this thread

Back