• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Poison Of The Seven Seas

fem_prussia_by_permanentsorrow-d3jn2kg.jpg

Captain Louise De'Leone-Fitzgerald

"Ever been in a situation like this yourself?"

Louise snorted, a small smirk curling on her lips. The woman shook her head, folding her arms as the man spoke. Placing the majority of her weight on her right leg and jutting out her hip slightly, she asked, "Situations like this? I'm not sure if I know what you're asking me. Aye, I've been tied up to a mast before...but never under circumstances like these. I was never dumb enough to go against my captain's orders by helping a stowaway."

Louise shifted her weight onto her other leg, unfolding her arms before placing them on her hips. The captain, tilting her head, gave Samuel another once over. The woman's mouth tightened into a thin line as she thought, her eyes squinting slightly as she looked at him. Finally, the captain spoke again. She dropped her arms, letting out a sigh before saying, "I simply cannot figure this out. Samuel, I was just starting to get used to you...I was just starting to trust you. Why the hell would you throw that away? And for some girl, too? It doesn't make the least bit of sense."

Louise paused again, shaking her head as she dropped her gaze. The woman sucked it her cheeks, locking her hands behind her back as she paced to the other side of the mast. She stopped for a moment, looking at Samuel again, and then said, "It's a shame. It really is. You were doing quite well here. You could've easily worked your way up...ha, I almost had high hopes for you. My mistake."

The captain narrowed her eyes, turning away the the man and starting to walk away. Whatever guilt she felt had slowly faded into an odd sort of hate, and she suddenly didn't care if he rotted at that mast or not. After a few steps, Louise stopped dead in her tracks. The woman's expression softened slightly as she stood there, frozen. She thought for a moment, furrowing her brow as she did. She slowly looked over her shoulder and back at Samuel, making brief eye contact with the boy before fixing her eyes on his restraints. Eventually she muttered, "Why? Why her? What made you trust her so easily?"

@TheCrookedEagle

Samuel listened carefully as the Captain spoke. The more she did the worse Samuel felt. "Captain, Uh, Louise, I know what I've done is bad, but you know I wouldn't still be on this ship if you didn't trust me enough to put me here." Samuel replied, hesitantly smirking before turning to a tiny frown. "I know what I've done is terrible, and I know that you aren't the only person on this ship that doesn't trust me, but I did what I did because I wanted you to give her a chance like you have me by keeping her on this boat." Samuel mentally slapped himself every time he spoke, he was digging himself into the ground or, in this case, diving into the sea water.

@Queen Rai

Scarlet the Anti-Hunter

"Oh, there she is." Scarlet said to herself, noticing Louise come out onto the deck while headed toward the captain's quarters. She observed for a moment, then walked up to Louise. "I'd say a weak will," Scarlet said. "Men with a weak will always fall fer girls with some sort a' troubling situation before 'em. They take pity on 'em, even if's the girl's own fault for gettin' there. Though " She continued. "Though, if I'm not feelin' really playful right now, I must be weak-willed too, 'cause I kinda want t' see what'll happen if I released ya and went for the kill. You did have proper intentions though, so I won't play kill the escaped captive." Giggling a little evilly to herself, she tossed her sword out of the sheath and caught it, quickly swinging it and putting the tip up to the guy's neck. "Still, I can't forgive ya for such disrespect to Louise. She's yer captain, so you've gotta learn to respect her choices n' orders."

Scarlet slipped her sword back into the sheath, turning around quickly like she was disowning or shunning the guy.
"So Louise, mind tellin' me how long I've been in that barrel? Kinda feels like a day r' two, but knowin' myself, I've no clue how long." Scarlet placed her hands behind her head, staring up at the sky she'd been without for a good week. She'd also want to ask when they'd gotten that cake she'd taken a little piece of from Crystal, but what came first was knowing how long's worth of rum smell she'd be washing out of her clothes and off of herself. She'd probably do it half-assed though, and not truly care about the smell. "Oh, think I can decide the guy's fate? It doesn't sit right with me, not judgin' somebody myself when they'd be willing disrespect you n' your choices."

@TheCrookedEagle

Last edited by a moderator:

"Captain, Uh, Louise, I know what I've done is bad, but you know I wouldn't still be on this ship if you didn't trust me enough to put me here. I know what I've done is terrible, and I know that you aren't the only person on this ship that doesn't trust me, but I did what I did because I wanted you to give her a chance like you have me by keeping her on this boat."

Louise whipped around, eyes narrowed and cheeks flushed and angry red. The woman stepped right up into Samuel's face, pressing a single hand against the man's throat. Her fingers coiled around his esophagus, her eyes flickering with a sort of rage that wasn't usually too common in the captain. Grinding her teeth, Louise tightened around Samuel's throat. She leaned forward until her nose was nearly touching his, and then hissed through her teeth, "You're a fool. A fool with a big mouth."

"Men with a weak will always fall fer girls with some sort a' troubling situation before 'em. They take pity on 'em, even if's the girl's own fault for gettin' there."

Louise glanced over her shoulder, her expression not changing as she listened to the girl speak. The woman, dropping her hand from Samuel's throat, placed her hands on her hips as she raised her eyebrows at Scarlet.

"Though, if I'm not feelin' really playful right now, I must be weak-willed too, 'cause I kinda want t' see what'll happen if I released ya and went for the kill. You did have proper intentions though, so I won't play kill the escaped captive."

Louise let out a small sigh, waiting for Scarlet to finish her spiel before interjecting again. The Captain was always pretty fond of the girl, even though she was somewhat of a troublemaker. But why?

"Still, I can't forgive ya for such disrespect to Louise. She's yer captain, so you've gotta learn to respect her choices n' orders."

That was why. She was loyal, and loyalty was becoming harder and harder to find. Sure, the teen was a little touch around the edges, but Louise thought that Scarlet, with a little polishing up, had the makings of a fine pirate in her.

"So Louise, mind tellin' me how long I've been in that barrel? Kinda feels like a day r' two, but knowin' myself, I've no clue how long. Oh, think I can decide the guy's fate? It doesn't sit right with me, not judgin' somebody myself when they'd be willing disrespect you n' your choices."

The Captain glanced back at Samuel, throwing a look of disgust his way before saying, "No, I already made a deal with him...but once he loses, you can do whatever you want with him. As for the barrel thing...why the hell were you in a barrel, again?"

@TheCrookedEagle

images

Johnny Cluck

"...I came to ask if you need me for anything sir Cluck."

Johnny replied with an incoherent splutter of panicky warnings as he gathered up his belongs, beckoning monkey to his shoulders and searching frantically for Chicken. The man managed to force out, "Run an' ne'er look back." before thrusting an arm into an open flour sack and pulling out a white, powdery monkey by the tail. The man set his pet atop his own head, and was about to step out the door..

"YOU!"

Johnny let out what was probably the girliest man-scream in the world as Mio tore through the kitchen and grabbed him by the collar. The man sputtered out apologies, begging for his life as Mio's eyes invaded the man's soul.

"YOU! You... You bastard! You... You... You.."You... freaking asshole...God damn it. God damn it. God damn it. God damn it."

Johnny raised an eyebrow as Mio sunk down, and his feelings of fear were quickly replaced by ones of pity. The man sighed, gently patting the young man's head (which was continuously being slammed into his own beergut) and said in his most consoling voice, "Ye, I'm'an ass, a'right. It's a'right...there, there...I'll get ye some more booze, eh? 'Ere, you can git an'thing ye want from my own cab'net. Does'at sound good?"

@Metaphysics, @Prizzy Kriyze

Scarlet the Anti-Hunter

"I'll play death-match with 'em later then. Been too long since I've gotten some fun, y'know." Scarlet said, a devilish grin almost overtaking her face. Louise then proceeded to a question she'd very much expected, given how unusual it is for a person to sleep in a barrel. "Why was I in a barrel, y' ask? By the smell I'd bet rum or somethin' got ta me. Some'n must've spilled it all over m' fruit." Scarlet went from evil and playful to peacefully upbeat. "Y'know, sleepin' in a barrel's no problem for me. If it weren't for barrels, I'd be still floatin' around in the middle a' the sea. I was floatin' in a barrel when I met ya, after all." The girl was staring up at the sky now, though she gave Samuel a quick glare that was enough to tell anybody they're dead.

Staring at the sky, Scarlet started to remember a few things. Some things she remembered were pleasant, such as a few good times with Louise. Other things made her almost want to murder the next person she sees. Regardless though, she kept a smile on her face the entire time. She returned to the time where it was just her, a small ship, and bounty hunters coming after her left and right. Other people in her place would probably think that it's all in the past, but for Scarlet, it wasn't just in the past. She wanted to get back to that kind of life, though at the same time, she wanted to keep the life she has alongside Louise. She basically wanted a chance to actually prove her worth to Louise, since recently the only thing backing Scarlet's "worth" was her high bounty.

@TheCrookedEagle

Carter pushed himself away from the railing and reluctantly tore his eyes away from the stunning scenery of the beautiful water. Deciding that he really didn't care for what anybody had to tell him, he slowly took his time in navigating the ship, traveling along the side of the railing and looking out each and every way. While the water all seemed the same no matter where he was looking, there was the mystical qualities of the sun's rays that changed slight things.

He shook himself from his skeptical trance and took in his surroundings. Assessing the quickest path he decided that maybe going to the kitchen would be a good idea. Sure Johnny had that new lass to help him, but it was better than standing around thinking about his better days. Not wanting to feel sorry for himself, he pinched the inside of his arm until the skin broke.

The walk to the kitchen was a fairly quiet one, most of the ship's inhabitants were either still asleep or going about some other duty. Not really caring if he disturbed anything he walked into the kitchen. "Anything I can do to help ya out John-." He paused as he assessed the scene he had just walked into. "Oi. Sorry mates I'll just be goin' now." Quickly he scurried from the room a little surprised at the situation he had walked into.

@Queen Rai

@Prizzy Kriyze ((Sort of I guess. In close vicinity.))

Samuel's throat tensed as Louise's cold fingers surrounded it, but he barely lost his new track of thought. He needed his sister. He remembered a time when he had been beaten up by a pirate and, although younger than him, his sister got back at the pirate and cheered him up. He really needed his sister here right now, she could clear this all up quicker than he'd be able to even say sorry. "Captain?" Samuel said, well, muttered weirdly. He hadn't bothered to look up to see if she was listening or not, he'd find out anyways by her answering his next question or not. "Have you had a talk with your supposed sister yet? After all, it is the reason I sat here without complaints."

@Metaphysics (mentioned)

Mio Del Abascal Marco Vega

Mio stopped slamming his head against the man and leaned back to wipe his one tear with the sleeve of his shirt. He stood up and his sad/angry look was replaced with one of hopelessness. "Nah, it's fine... You've always been nice to me, keep your booze. I'll just eh... buy some more in the next town, I'll be fine." It was pretty obvious he was still bummed out by the entire ordeal, but at least he'd come to terms with his anger for Johnny and was now only bothered by the frustration of himself forgetting the box out there. He stared at the person in the doorway, as if to say "What the hell are you looking at?", but they disappeared quickly.

He ambled torwards the door and pushed his way past Riley, although did raise an eyebrow at her. He didn't know if he liked that she was allowed to go around on the ship like this, and he still had to make sure he kept her spear far away from her. He looked over his shoulder and mumbled "Have a good one Johnny." Before continuing out onto deck.

The light of day pierced his eyes and he groaned as he rubbed his eyes in an attempt to regain vision. Louise and the little nimble girl he never remembered the name of were seemingly harassing the cocky guard, but it wasn't as if he didn't condone that behaviour. He ambled over and quietly stared at the group for a moment until he realized that he was, in fact, not talking. This would probably surprise a lot of people, and he didn't feel like getting questions poured over him because someone'd drank all his booze. "G'mornin' cap'n. See yer already beatin' on our prison'a. Oughta be fun, that." He said in a cheery tone, then looked over to the young girl with the nimble body. "N' you there. I never remember yer name, remind me would'ya?"

@Queen Rai

@Kiyoko Tomoe

"I'll play death-match with 'em later then. Been too long since I've gotten some fun, y'know."

Louise rolled her eyes, shooting another quick glance at Samuel.

"Why was I in a barrel, y' ask? By the smell I'd bet rum or somethin' got ta me. Some'n must've spilled it all over m' fruit. Y'know, sleepin' in a barrel's no problem for me. If it weren't for barrels, I'd be still floatin' around in the middle a' the sea. I was floatin' in a barrel when I met ya, after all."

Louise gave a slow nod, muttering, "Aye. Dehydrated and hallucinating...that was a fun day." The woman didn't smile, but there were a few subtle notes of fond remembrance in her voice. The captain exhaled softly through her nose, folding her arms and tapping her fingers along her biceps. She shook her head, thinking back on the exact moment she spotted the girl floating helplessly toward the ship. Louise never asked what Scarlet was doing out in the middle of the ocean in a barrel, and she probably never would. It didn't matter.

"Captain?"

Louise sent another glance toward Samuel, raising an eyebrow.

"Have you had a talk with your supposed sister yet? After all, it is the reason I sat here without complaints."

Louise immediately furrowed her brow, spinning on her heel to face the man fully. She let out a venom filled chuckle as she advanced on him, raising a fist in the air as she growled, "Oh, you don't know when to quit--"

"G'mornin' cap'n. See yer already beatin' on our prison'a. Oughta be fun, that."

Louise froze with her fist midair as she heard Mio speak. Turning her head towards the man, she rolled her eyes and let her fist drop. The woman placed her hand on her hip, looked back at Samuel with eyes full of fire, and said, "I said it once, I'll say it again. You're a fool. A fool with a big mouth. If you call her my sister again, I'm throwing you to the goddamn sharks. I don't care if we had a deal. And if you don't shut that big mouth of yours, I'll shut it myself."

Louise sent one last nasty look toward the man tied to the mast, and then turned her attention to Mio. She sighed, and then grumbled, "This is Scarlet. Remember? The one in the barrel with the washboard ribs?"

@TheCrookedEagle

@Kiyoko Tomoe

((I will have a post for Johnny up soon!))

Bell : The Mystical Siren
"Want me to sing your death song?"

"The noise...what is going on up there."

Bell slowly sat up against the prison hold walls. Grabbing the damp rag , she wiped off the sweat from her brow and lower neck. The sun was annoying, its scorching heat bearing down on her tan skin. Hissing she slowly moved away from the lower decks window, her head leaning against the beam while she slowed her breath. Attempting to sleep once more her eyes slowly fell, but abruptly was woken by the voices of those above her. Putting her hand on her knee, she lifted herself up using the beam for support. Grimacing she hovered her hand over her stomach as she leaned forward. Was it to much rum, or to much dancing. To much love, or to much food. Whatever it was, she wasn't feeling quiet like herself, a bit under the weather, but still had the ability to move. Sighing she grabbed her shirt. Slipping it on she made sure to fasten only the two lower buttons, her chest resting round and proud as she began to tie her hair back into a high pony tail. Humming a soft tune, she grabbed the red sash. Walking toward the prison hold door she wrapped the sash around her waist, before opening the door. "Hot as a mothers pearls." Bell ran her fingers through her hair before walking up the ship steps. Her heels clacked making the wood creak and the sound echo. "Bloody hell, what is the issue up here. Yelling and swearing."

With a thick Russian accent Bell found herself putting her hand over her forehead and the other hand on her waist. "What the hell is this commotion. Usually when someone is bed ridden, the people try their very best to be quiet, so they don't disturb the sick. " Bell glanced over toward the captain, then toward Scarlet. Her eyes moved over toward Mio then toward the boy who was tied to the mast. Rubbing the bridge of her nose she shook her head as she walked over. Like any woman, Bell bowed to the captain, with a slight tilt of the head and quick wave over to the other side of her body. Standing up she flicked her hair away as she stared down at the boy.

"Did you something to anger the Captain here? On second thought...who are you?" Bell leaned over rubbing her chin with her thumb and index finger. "My memory is a bit foggy."

@TheCrookedEagle @Kiyoko Tomoe @Queen Rai

"My name is Samuel, and I am... Was the Captain's guard until I let my irritating emotions get in the way of what I do. I wish I could take it all back, but she'll never trust me now. Wait, what's your name?" Samuel replied, quickly thinking to see if he could remember this person. He probably had met her before, he just didn't remember her or purposely forgot about her due to his antisocial nature. He was surprised that she didn't know why he had been tied up, because it was quite a commotion last night. All he wanted to do was find a way, an amazing way, to apologise to the Captain whom he truly cared about. He was her guard for a reason. He would die for this Captain and because he thought that some stupid stowaway might be the Captain's sister, he got himself tied up and now she doesn't trust him. What was the point of being here now anyways? He should of been killed for untying that stupid girl, and he just wanted to die for his stupidity.

@Metaphysics (thought of)

Bell : Mystical Siren

"The names Bell." Bell did a slight bow before crossing her arms. "I was bed ridden as of late. Wasn't sure if it was the ale , or the over consumption of food. Either way made me sick to my core, was unable to move for a few days." Bell gave him a small smile as he listened to his statement. It rung of regret and a desire to be struck down for his ignorance. "A Captain's guard turning on its captain. Never in my years have I heard such an act. Aren't you just the brave and the bold." Bell walked over wrapping her arm around his neck. Bringing him in close she laughed a little, leaning into whisper into his ear. "The captain may be a ball of anger, but she won't just cast away someone like that. You can gain her trust, but it won't be easy. Though at the moment she may despise your presence, and the crew may come to you with evil intent, you must be at her beck and call. If she wants something go fetch it, if shes tired , rock her to sleep. We all have done stupid things , we all make mistakes. We've been wooed by others, used to do nasty things. Your not the only one, so don't feel down in the dumps." Bell unwrapped her arm from him before smacking him on his back.

"Your looking at the one whose turned on the old Captain at least ten times. By now she expects this from me, so its easy for her to accept." Bell rubbed her cheek as she grabbed a loose bottle of ale. "Follow my lead and you'll have her trust in no time. Seriously follow me, do not follow anyone else. You have two right now who probably want to gut you. Ah...don't misunderstand my gratitude. I believe that you have been fooled into doing something that you really didn't want to. However if I find that you did this intentionally , I myself will happily take your life with no hesitation. Guard or not, trusted or not, if you harm her again you will not be leaving this ship alive." Bell smirked as she downed some ale. "Glad to meet ya Samuel."

Samuel listened to Bell closely. He at first seemed to like her speaking to him until she threatened him. He didn't need another person who wanted his insides outside of his body, and he certainly didn't need another person to make him feel even more like a traitor. Samuel felt bad enough for betraying Louise, now he had angered her and he wasn't sure how to apologise. One certain part of what she said confused him, and it was similar to what that other Young girl said earlier.

"We've been wooed by others"

"Men with a weak will always fall fer girls"

Did they think he let her out because he liked that Riley? Hmph, people are always quick to assume a reason. He didn't like that stowaway at all, he was just sympathetic of that girl. He knew bell was wrong about one thing though. Louise wouldn't trust him after this. He was supposed to be her guard, and an unwritten rule of being a guard is "don't do something that can put the person you're guarding in danger". There was no way she could trust him, and he couldn't even trust himself after this, so if anyone else could, they were insane or stupid. He just wished he could apologise to Louise and everything would go back to normal. That would be so much easier. He looked around at everyone near him and he sighed, closing his eyes and mumbling a Swedish rhyme.

Spring breezes weave and whisper,

All through the trees, now green,

As young lovers be.

Streams flow in a hurry,

No rest or worry

Until their foam meets the sea.

Cry out my heart.

Cry out and hear

The herdsman's horn

Now echo, then pale.

River sprites playing,

Sorrows dismaying

They wake in hill and dale.

@Metaphysics thought of )

"This is Scarlet. Remember? The one in the barrel with the washboard ribs?" Mio looked her up and down for a second, then uttered a "Huh." On second thought he remembered her very well. He'd taken it upon himself to calling her "Little Toothpick" or "Little Monkey", both because she was a thin little critter and a exuberant one. Or well, at least energetic. Reminded him of himself that age, or any age at all to be honest. Dancing around the ship in ebullience and annoying anyone trying to do actual work had been his job, but everyone gets old. He would've said something else to the little girl, but something entirely different caught his attention. This was, of course, the large bosom of Bell, Mallory's colleague.

Bell, whom the mates of the ship liked to joke about, especially regarding her breast, was incredibly attractive. Now, Mio would've hung over her like a vulture 24/7 if it wasn't for the simple fact that she felt very dangerous. She reminded him of the one whore he once bedded, only to find a 5 inch blade coated in poison piercing his abdomen. It wasn't an enjoyable experience for him nor the whore, who later hung upside down headless from the roof of the brothel, but it wasn't something he'd like to experience again. Not that he expected that to be the first thing Bell would do either, but it was tempting in the same way pissing your pants were. For a few seconds it may be incredibly warm and satisfying, but for the next hour or so you'll be stuck in smelly, wet and cold pants.

Didn't stop him from approaching her though. Besides his own unwillingness, he still had to keep his image up. He moved in almost dancing, seamless motions as he slid up behind her and put his elbows up on her shoulders from behind. "You sleep through awfully much sound for being such an acute musician." He quietly spoke, leaning his head on one of his arms. He took his arms from her shoulders and spun around just to crouch next to her, facing both her and Samuel. "And ya shouldn't fraternize with traitors like that. It's easy to get blame, y'know? And you..." He changed his focus towards Samuel and leaned his head to one side. "Ya gettin' tired of sittin' at the mast yet?"

He raised a hand to his head and scratched himself behind the ear. He stared at Samuel for a moment, then realized that he had nothing more to say to the man. He had an itch to stab the man simply because of his less-than-gifted way of releasing a prisoner on a whim, someone who'd do that couldn't amount to anything positive. He had, however, been proven wrong about that in the past, and wasn't about to dish out some vigilante justice because he himself had an issue with the guy. He shook his head and stood back up, not waiting for any kind of response from Samuel before turning back to Bell. "So how 'bout ya start up a shanty or summat? This boat needs to liven up a lil'."

In order:

@TheCrookedEagle (sorta)

"No, I find sitting here just fine. What I don't enjoy is not being able to take back what I did yesterday and not having a spar with you. Although you'd probably win, it'd be nice to do something other than be a boring guard or a stupid traitor." He replied, starting off loudly but trailing into a mumble as he realised that Mio had turned away. He looked away, more specifically towards his feet, which seemed to look further and further away the more he stared. He didn't know what to do to make it up to the Captain, it wasn't going to be easy to take back what he did, and all he could do is wait for her to do something good. He sighed, wanting to slap himself. When was she going to do something good? If anything happened to the boat she'd probably be gone in seconds and he'd be dead for freeing a prisoner. He should be dead for freeing her anyways, and it was a surprise no one had taken his head off. His worst problem with being tied up was that he couldn't itch his nose, and it was really annoying him. Then again, he'd rather have an itchy nose than a sword go through his chest.

@Prizzy Kriyze

peacock_pirate_render_by_lraskie-d70axlo.png

9e47bbc8d1dd5c0839f0c67dcae9818d-d76malr.png

Crystal

As time went by, she noticed her crew coming up to the deck. Or well, some of them. At this point there was a decent amount of people awake. Including Mio who she just loved to flirt with and fool around with. He was playful and she liked it. Putting her hands on her hips, she then began walking about, inspecting the ship, making sure there was nothing wrong with any of the sails or ropes. Which was a completely good thing! Not that she minded though. She liked to fix things sometimes and wanted to get them done. Taking a deep breath, she then let it out, siging softly "A nice morning, nothing to fix, a beautiful breeze. I think we're on a good start" she said to herself, leaning on the edge of the boat and crossing her arms over her chest, looking over at the part of the crew who seemed to be doing their own things.

Getting bored she then yelled out "Gooooooood Morninnngggg!!!" as loud as she could, only to grin afterwards as she watched the reactionsof her fellow friends "Hope you had a nice breakfast because we're going to be doing a lot of work!" meaning sailing the ocean and making sure nothing happens that would cause someone to want to go overboard or make someone walk the plank. "And by work I mean just fool around here and there, maybe just hang around." she shrugged as if it wasnt a big deal.

Thought of: Mio - @Prizzy Kriyze

Spoke to- Everyone on deck

Bell laughed as she watched Mio dance over. Eccentric man he was. When first meeting Mio she had an odd taste for him, though it was probably just a fling. Bell no longer looked at Mio in a appetizing way, it was either due to his flirtatious bouts with other females, or he seems to "overly" happy half the time. "Me being an acute musician has nothing to do with hearing other sounds. " Bell glanced at him before crossing her arms and placing them underneath her breast. "I've been blamed plenty, I should know...however this lad is probably new with this. It would be a shame too lose a member of this ship. They were close weren't they." Bell looked over toward Samuel before shaking her head. "We all make mistakes." Bell smiled a little toward Samuel before raising a brow to Mio's request. Thinking, Bell walked over toward a small room that was south of the mast. Walking in for a split second Bell came back out with her guitar. "As you wish." Bell closed her eyes as she propped the guitar up with her waist. Holding the neck of the guitar with her left hand, she flicked the metal strings with her right. It took a few plucks of the strings to get the tune she wanted. With a slight inhale she exhaled before begging a soft hum. Bell's feet began to tap against the deck as she began to move around. Thanks to the bells wrapped around her neck and wrist, small chimes sounded off every time she flicked her wrist and twirled around.

"

Go fetch me down me riding cane

For I'm off to see me darlin' Jane

With a hog-eye

Railroad navie with his hog-eye

Roll ashore and a hog-eye, oh

She wants the hog-eye man

Oh, the hog-eye men are all the go

When they come to San Francisco

Now, it's who's been here since I've been gone

Well, a railroad navie with his sea boots on

Oh, Sally in the garden, picking peas

Her golden hair hanging down to her knees

Oh, sally in the garden, shelling peas

With a little hog-eye all sitting on her knees

Well, a hog ship, and a hog-eye crew

Hog-eye mate and a skipper too"

Bell smiled as she moved around the mast. The more she danced the faster she plucked the strings. With bouncing locks, Bell danced around Mio , then around Samuel, and any others that were tuning in. When the last bit of the song sounded, Bell jumped up on the rim of the ship and began to bang her heel against it. Her hand moved from plucking to tapping , as her words slowly came to a stop.

@Prizzy Kriyze

John Nar/Natalia Corsa

John stood near the railing of the front of the ship and looked over the edge when he heard her again. "Why aren't you playing music and being cheerful like usual." Natalia was trying to bait him into throwing her overboard by suggesting the most idiotic thing he'd ever heard. He turned and scoffed at her having realized his life was only good for one thing anymore. "Because you daydreaming little powder monkey I am not a person who gets to have fun. I live to serve the captain and nothing more. You said I loved her and that if I was real nice she'd love me back but tis' a fools dream of that. She only saved a heartless soulless hunk of human flesh that day and I'm gonna act like it now so shove off you land lubber." John said pushing the young girl away before noticing a sparkle in her eyes at the response. She laughed and stood happily planning this moment for a very long time. "I've saved enough money to buy me own ship and I want you as my first mate." She said before her glee turned to fear in a few split seconds when she found John's sword at her throat and He was in her face. "You planning a mutiny? Cuz' ifn's so I'll flay you like a fish right here and hang your bleached skull from the front of the ship without a second thought before I eat my next meal."

John wasn't acting like himself at all in fact he'd become down right hostile and only played music if he felt neutral in opposed to angry at the world for once. He had successfully scared Natalia away and to her sleeping quarters where he'd keep a close eye on her. He decided to sing and play his accordion for once but the song seemed to be just as angry and depressed as a drunken sailor. He then decided that the crew should at least be able to dance once before he chunked the damned accordion into the salty brine from whence he came at one point. He started to play drunken sailor while watching Natalia pack her stuff carefully.

Louise had wandered off before she could hear the short exchange between Samuel and Bell, giving the woman only a short nod of acknowledgement before leaving. Louise didn't know exactly how she felt about Bell...the woman was a puzzle to the captain. A woman with a strong spirit to match her own, only without Louise's constant bitterness towards...well, everything. Bell hadn't been onboard for long, but already she was one of the favorites aboard. Musicians usually were. Like Mallory, Bell had a certain charm about her that people just found difficult to resist. Even Louise couldn't stay mad at the woman, no matter how many times she managed to screw up. The captain shook her head as she meandered across the deck, her ears perking up at the sound of Bell's song. Louise paused for a moment, listening, but soon continued on her way.

"I've saved enough money to buy me own ship and I want you as my first mate."

Louise's ear twitch as she heard the words, snapping her head towards the direction of the voice. Natalia, one of the new girls...planning to leave the Poison to captain her own ship? The girl wasn't any older than twelve or thirteen, one of the youngest people on the ship. Now, Louise was a young captain, but not that young. It was already difficult for a woman to captain her own ship and be successful. But a girl? And how could she have possibly saved enough money to buy a whole ship? She'd only been aboard for...maybe a month or two? Natalia hadn't even been 'round long enough to partake in one of the Poison's infamous robberies or pillages. How the HELL could she have gotten enough money?

Louise froze. The girl hadn't stolen it, had she? How could she? All of the ship's booty was kept in it's own special room on the ship, which was always locked and ALWAYS guarded by...

...Vahlen...

"Oh shit." Louise muttered under her breath as she touched the tips of her fingers to her mouth. The woman quickly made her way over to the scene, only now noticing that John was the person Natalia was talking to. By the time she got there, Natalia had already scampered off, but Louise would worry about that later. The captain opened her mouth to speak to John, but he was already absorbed in some depressing, clunky song that he was playing on his accordion. The captain scrunched her nose in displeasure, and then said, "John, stop. What the hell just happened here?"

@Holo (interacted)

@Goddess (mentioned)

A victorious smile grazed Mio's lips as Bell's hips weaved across the ship towards a little room she'd keep her instruments in. He immediately stood much straighter and took a few steps to the side to throw the fancy coat he'd been wearing since the day before into his own bed, then walked back next to the mast again. He awaited the music, and could already feel restlessness building up in his legs. As soon as the first note was hit, he was off. Not only dancing, but climbing things and performing acrobatic wonders all the while moving in rhythm to the music. He sang along at the parts he knew, and a somewhat true smile had rooted itself on his features. Out of the corner of his eye he spotted Crystal, and offered her a quick wave, as if to invite her down to him, then continued to dance along everything there was to dance on. Some depressing music was played on an accordion somewhere in the background, but he couldn't bother listening to it. The guitar drowned out any other noise, either way.

The song stopped, and Mio clung onto the rope he was hanging from. With a somewhat disappointed look on his face he stared down at Bell, and said "Come on, don't stop." He released his grip of the rope and landed on the floor not far from her. He looked up at her for a second, but then twisted his head away in the direction of Louise's voice. John seemed to be causing trouble again. He didn't quite know what since he'd never really talked to the man, but him and Louise seemed to get into arguments more often that is healthy. For the person not being Louise, that is.

Mio shook his head. He didn't have to care, so he didn't. Instead, he looked to Bell and said "How 'bout you play something more.. Aggressive? I 'aven't drawn any of my swords yet today, and I feel like it's 'bout time." He looked around himself, trying to find the name of one of the cabin kids. One suddenly popped into his head, and he shouted "Evelyn!" across the deck, hoping to summon the kid. After that he took a couple of fast steps across the ship again and stood next to the little girl he'd just been reminded of. "Aye, Scarlet. You're a quick lil' monkey if I remember rightly. Ya arn't scared to practice with someone who ain't a cheap assassin 'r a drunk mercenary, are ya?"

In order of interaction:

@Britt-21

@Girouette

@Kiyoko Tomoe

John Nar

"Well captain I gave her all I earned over my time with you. Now she's saved all of it and wants to buy her own ship. Which really means she'll buy rum and bribe some thugs to help her steal one. She actually thinks I'll leave the ship with her and help I told her no and that if she so much as crosses you again I'll end her. She ran off to go hide." John said looking at her but swaying slightly more than the ship. Maybe he was ill or maybe he was trying to stand up straight but either way he was swatting horribly. He also put his hands over his mouth and burped a strong smell of rum coming out of him. It was the first time he'd ever drank anything alcoholic before and he'd been generous to himself. "So that's what happen Cap'n. Heh that sounded funny."

Evelyn

Evelyn was quite unsurprisingly at the time of being called for...Asleep. In every capacity that seemed to be all he did, and besides for slightly menial tasks he was...Well, most of the time not around for most of the crews duties and lives.

Which is why it was a reasonable assumption that when he was startled awake by a rather rough voice, that he was finally reaching the point where he'd be removed from the ship due to being mostly useless.

"YES! SIR! I AM AWAKE!"

The repetition of this phrase as he ran across the deck in the direction of the person who summoned him most likely perturbed or shocked a few crew-members, who would possibly be more surprised by his conscious state than his frantic dash across the deck.

@Prizzy Kriyze

"YES! SIR! I AM AWAKE!"

Instinctively a hand flew up and cupped the ear that was facing the loud girl... err, boy. Mio raised an eyebrow and looked at Evelyn, then said "Yes, I can tell. Be a sweetheart and grab my swords from my cabin, and not the big ones. Or well, yeah, the big ones, just the ones that are slightly smaller than the biggest ones." Mio tapped a finger against his chin while having a mental argument with himself over how to describe the single-handed longswords in his cabin, but then gave up. "Ah, fuck it. That description will have to do. Go get them for me, then."

Finally, the chatter over by the captain started wearing on Mio's interest. Removing his attention from the little monkey-like girl who he'd just challenged, he wandered over and up to the captain again, stood next to her, and looked down at John. His raised eyebrow returned to him. He didn't know much about John, but he knew the man was tamer than a pup at it's mother's teat. Yet here he was sitting, drinking rum and getting drunk like a lightweight. "What's going on? Something something money? Something something ship? You're getting me interested, over here."

@Girouette

Scarlet the Anti-Hunter

"Hmm... Lemme see what I got for a schedule," Scarlet said to Mio, almost as though she actually had something to do. "Afraid, nah. I'll give ya the first few shots," She said with a smirk on her face. "Won't even need t' touch the ground," Scarlet said as she pulled her blade and jabbed it finely in the deck. One, two, and a hop up on top of the hilt, she balanced there only to find Mio having walked over to another group. She also noticed the "I am awake" person, though she'd missed the actual "I am awake," or so it seemed. She probably heard it but ignored it completely, something like that.

"'Ey Mio, where'r ya goin'? Sheesh, I'm gonna have yer head one a' these days..." Scarlet said, flipping back and off her sword, removing the blade from its post and returning it to its sheath. Walking over to where Mio'd gone, she just stood there in silence and listened. She was a bit without care at this point, assuming she was probably destined to have all her fun ruined today by something. Starting up at the sky once more, she went back to memories of previous times. It was like she was slowly going back in time today, revisiting every moment of her past from last to first.

@Queen Rai @Holo @Prizzy Kriyze

"Well captain I gave her all I earned over my time with you. Now she's saved all of it and wants to buy her own ship. Which really means she'll buy rum and bribe some thugs to help her steal one. She actually thinks I'll leave the ship with her and help I told her no and that if she so much as crosses you again I'll end her. She ran off to go hide. So that's what happen Cap'n. Heh that sounded funny."

Louie blinked at the man, staring blankly at him for a moment. The woman eventually let out a small sigh, and said, "John, you are by far the dumbest man I have ever met in my entire life. And I've met some pretty stupid people. Honestly, giving every penny you have to a, what, thirteen year old child? And why?"

"What's going on? Something something money? Something something ship? You're getting me interested, over here."

"Genius over here gave all of his money to the new girl." Louise grunted, gesturing to John. "And now, apparently, she wants to leave the Poison to captain her own ship. As if the money she has is enough to even bribe thugs to help her steal one...good grief."

The captain adjusted her hat, acknowledging Scarlet with a short nod before addressing John again.

"Of course, it's your money. Well, it was your money. Who am I to say what you can't do with it? But now you've gone and put some sort of...thought into that kid's head. If she's serious about leaving, and if she ends up getting killed, her blood is on your hands. If I were you, I'd try to go talk some sense into her."

@Prizzy Kriyze @Kiyoko Tomoe @Holo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back