[The Official RPN Character Challenge 2015]Group B!

Star pulled Kallin up and the boy he saved, making a bit of a face as she hauled the two up onto the rising slope.

"I don't either.. lets just get to that door!" Her voice was a bit shakey as she spoke, she was worried not only for her life but for everyone else's with her as well.. She bit her lip and took off at a run for the door, right along side Kallin.

Once she made it she put her hands on it, looking to the others. A pleading look in her eye as she thought of the boulder squishing the rest of the life she had out of her and leaving her into a Star Moon pancake.. No.. A wolf cake at that and it didn't sound too appealing.

Last edited by a moderator:
After pulling the pale man up, Ax ran and climbed to top of the rising slope. Upon reaching the top, Ax slammed his palm against the door, not wanting to be crushed by the oncoming boulder. Of course, he thought to himself, at this angle the boulder would most likely fall back. However, he didn't want to take any changes. "Hurry up" He called to Alex. "Use your speed if you can." Ax glanced at Kallin. "If hes not in good enough shape to run, perhaps you could use one of those vines over there and drag him here?" Regardless if the pale man could run or not, Ax wasn't going to go back down there. He couldn't be that weak to be taken out by a spike landing on his foot right? Ax thought to himself. I mean, we were chosen by the gods so he must be somewhat strong.

"Five seconds."

Five seconds. That was plenty enough time. Kallin took off at breakneck speed, glazing the walls and flooring with ice and sliding down from the boulder towards the spike pit that the well-dressed boy had fallen into. He'd already stated it in his mind, but he was even more certain that the kid had gone through vampirification. His energies were similar to those of the vampire caste in his own world, but once again very different. He certainly wasn't as strong as they were. They could raze castles and wipe out armies in small groups, and this one was hindered by a hole with wooden spikes. Still, more powerful than those without energy, just not as powerful.

He'd started counting in his head, and it reached three. The rock pillars were crumbling, and Kallin was very accurate in his predicament. Still, Vex stood below the rock as calm as ever. He'd let go off his telekinetic support and was focused on gathering the energies in the air around him to replenish his strength. The incredible volume of ma'na, as his people had come to call it, almost overwhelmed him. As long as this was here backing him up, he was unafraid of what was coming up.

His counting reached five, and much like the Black Mage had predicted the boulder came down for him. Vex spend a split second looking down at what needed to be done below him to reduce casualties. Most of the contestants were up by the door already, but it seemed the Vampiric boy was lacking behind. Undoubtably due to the severity of his wounds. Vex leaned forward and dug his right leg into the slope, then pushed away with all of his might. The ground below him cracked as he sent himself flying through the air away from the boulder. In his world, Vex was known as a powerful warrior. Not because of his physical strength, not because of his achievements, not because of his Psychic masteries and not even because of his legendary gear. No, Vex was known for his speed.

With his first step he could've made it all the way down to the end of the slope thanks to the incline, but instead he stopped next to the spike trap, wrapped an arm around the waist of the pale kid(@SpectroVector) while quickly saying "You won't die from the pull, right?". His foot was already pressed down into the hard rock from the sprint, so he just kicked away again so he flew and landed next to the door everyone had stopped at. The floor splintered underneath his feet as he came to a halt against the stone, and he let the vampire fall from his grip. "Is everyone alright?"

@SkyGinge (Time to move on, methinks.)

Kallin watched Vex pull his charge to safety. This also caused him to look behind and see the boulder creeping up the slope after him, pushed by the momentum it carried. In his sudden hurry Kallin's hat blew off and landed in the boulder's path. He lurched back, hitting the ground to snatch it away from an impending reshape, grabbing it just as the boulder slowed. He slapped it back on his misty head, the boulder pressing its brim back as it came dangerously close to his face, but gravity took it over just then and it began to roll sullenly back, leaving all safe. Kallin released the breath he'd been holding and got to his feet.

"Not bad" He said to them all, placing his hand on the door as he had done with the other.

"Anyone tried 'Open Sesame'?"

As before, the door gently wobbled its way into the ceiling, oblivious to the life-death tension the group were feeling. Before it had even clicked into place, the group had entered in, so, as if greatly offended by their impatience, the door slammed shut behind them the moment they were in.

This next room was rather different than the previous. It was only about ten meters long in each direction, and almost entirely bare save for two things. The far side of the room was a raised stage, behind which a familiar door stood, and just in front of this stage, a cylindrical chamber, a little like a hi-tech coffin.

"Salutations, Homo Sapiens and Homo Others," came a new voice, perhaps even chirpier than the previous one. And as suddenly as it was bizarre, a man-shaped monkey descended from the darkness of the ceiling, his hairy brown legs crossed. His proportions were that of a man, but he was furry like an ape. He grinned like the Cheshire Cat and walked with the joviality of a Disney character.

"My name is the Mystical Monkey Man," he beamed, "but you fine chaps can call me Triple M. Swagalicious, right? Now, you must be wondering what a handsome fellow like myself is doing levitating his way into your challenges? Well, friends, in some ways, I am the next challenge. Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to Doki Doki No Death Quiz!"

"The premise is simple. I'm going to ask you questions about your group. Simple questions, the answer to which will be one of your group members, who will then enter the Confirmation Chamber. Answer correctly, and you will proceed to the next question. Fail, and you will die. Are you ready for an exciting quiz?"

Doki Doki No Death Quiz!In stark contrast to the previous challenges, this next challenge is a strange quiz hosted by an even stranger monkey-man.
@SkyGinge will ask you question, and you must deliberate amongst your group in order to pick the correct answer. Each question will ask about your characters' personalities; who is the most such-and-such, etc. The person who is chosen as the answer will then enter the Confirmation Chamber - the cylindrical mini-room - and @SkyGinge will proceed with the next question. There will be three questions in total; good luck, and do not die!

"First question, then: who out of your group is the most stubborn?"

The door opened suddenly but this time Kallin had the sense not to lean on it and thus stepped through with dignity intact. The next room was simple enough with a platform and another door on the far side…and seemingly little between them and it.

It can’t be that easy.” Kallin said into the silence, and sure enough the figure descended down before them, barring their way.

Perhaps it was something about the monkey’s voice, or perhaps it was the mention of yet another challenge, either way Kallin had had enough. The proverbial camel’s back was officially broken and it was all he could do to prevent himself from clubbing the smiling figure in his flat face.

Listen to me you furry maniac. Since you and your gods kidnapped me I’ve been insulted, slashed at, clubbed and nearly been crushed, set on fire, poisoned, suffocated, impaled and crushed again. I’ve got no more patience for your inane games and I won’t be playing in this one. Let us out of here NOW!

For emphasis the tip of his staff burst into blue flame, crackling angrily and sending off white sparks.

It was amazing how a tangible target made him realize just how much of a grudge he had developed against the divine beings of this world, and whoever else was involved in bringing him here. Coming from FableWood he knew each person in his realm had been created by one of the real world. If this whole mess was part of his story…well, he was going to want a veeery long chat with his writer when all was said and done.

Upon Kallin's words, the urge to laugh bubbled up in Ax's chest. He turned away quickly and turned it into a cough. Thinking back to the recent events, it appeared quite humorous to Ax. After all, it seemed just like a game, boulder dash for example. Ax let out a cough that suspiciously sounded like a chuckle. I mean, who would have thought I would be playing real life boulder dash he thought to himself. Calming down, Ax turned back to the group.

"While I believe your anger is justified, I feel that the fastest way to get through this would be to follow their demands. I for one, can safely say that I'm not the stubbornest. Unfortunately, I don't know who is, nor do I know a fast way to figure that. It seems that the best thing to do is to have a discussion and figure out who the stubbornest is via conversation. Why don't we talk about ourselves or talk about something we strongly believe in? Best case scenario, two people will be arguing over one of the things we believe in and the one that wins it, or doesn't give up, is the stubbornest."

Ax paused, appearing to be thinking about something before he quietly voiced, "I think that was the most I've spoke all day."

Am I quiet? He silently pondered. Or is it just being in this fascinating new world that keeps my mouth shut.

Ax eyed the people around him. A question zapped him like lighting.

Am I...am I short?!

The stone door opened as soon as he got to it, and Vex stumbled through it. The following room was immediately much different from both the previous ones. It was about the size of the first if he recalled correctly, but without any sand traps in the ceiling. The dim lighting threw shadows across the ceiling, but Vex was almost certain that he could smell life within these walls. They weren't alone, but he certainly couldn't sense where the other was. Disturbing, but he didn't have to wait too long to find the source of his suspicions.

The strange, hairy character that came out of the impenetrable darkness near the ceiling made Vex smile ever so slighty. His gleeful way almost made Vex drop his guard, but he was well aware that every moment was dangerous. He happily accepted the term "Homo other", but the monkey's following question was more than a little difficult to answer. He looked to the rest of the group just in time to witness Kallin's anger. With a raised eyebrow he asked "What did you go through to have all those things happen before you even reached the challenges?"

Vex shook his head. It did not matter. On the other hand, the ungifted human made a very good point. "I concur with this one. Unfortunately, I only stand for my family and a close friend of mine, and I doubt you know either. I don't think I'd be the most stubborn person here, however." Vex crossed his arm and added a lean to his posture. "My name is Vex Aquila, by the way. If you don't mind, I'd like to know all of yours as well."

Triple M looked blankly at Kallin."Look here, matey, I'm an overgrown primate. I'm such a confusion of species, my genus should be Homo Strangus. Or maybe Homo Swaggicious. Either way, I don't have any power here at all. You'll have to contact Gingericus for that, but I do believe he's on vacation. Anyhow, pipe down, yeah? I'm allergic to pointless complaints."

Star smiled a little as the door opened and they stepped through to find yet another challenge, she was just happy everyone had made it out in.. one piece. Star began to look around a bit with curiosity, seeing it was about the same size as the hall they just got out from. This fascinated her and it made her raise a brow when a - is that a monkey-human.. type of thing?!?!

Star sniffed a bit and her nose wrinkled a bit when she smelled the unfamiliar scent of the monkey~human. Listening to the challenge she raised a brow "Huh. I wonder -" Her sentence was cut off by an awfully pissed Kallin. "Kallin.. it's okay, no need to get fiesty. We just need to keep passing the challenges.." she placed a hand on his.. shoulder and tried to see his misty face though she couldn't see an expression. Looking to Ax she gave a small shrug "My motherly side can make me rather stubborn when it comes to helping or.. protecting someone." She shrugged and looked to the rest "What do you guys think?"

Kallin knew the monkey man was right. He didn't have a scrap of power to change the situation, other than to simply play along. Not being able to argue further Kallin contented himself with glaring venomously.

"I hope I give you hives."

He heard Vex's question and turned to him to answer it. "I was unlucky enough to stumble across an orc called Aldur and his 'training ground', and don't get me started on that 'qualifier' thing they had us do...I will say its never boring here, though I generally try and avoid having my life threatened more than once a day."

He nodded at the request for an introduction. "You know I'm Kallin." He pointed to Ax, "I said that at the beginning, so no more of this 'magic dude' stuff."

He relaxed a little as Star tried to calm him. "'Fiesty' isn't the half of it...but you're right." He held his hands up in surrender.

"I choose Star, she didn't flinch when the pretty one over there told her to run. She stayed by the pit and helped me out." Whether it was stubborn, brave or stupid Kallin did not know the werewolf well enough to gauge, but since the question had been about stubbornness, that's what he would pick. "What do the rest of you think?"

@LoveMyHate @Prizzy Kriyze

Ax studied the blonde werewolf girl and the misty man. Ship or no ship? He mentally asked himself. Wait this isn't the time for that.

"I choose Star too, for the reasons that you have just said." Turning to Vex, Ax gave him a small smile and answered his question.

"My name is Ethan, Ethan Rosa."

Although the chance was very slim, there was still a possibly that one of them could possibly belong to his world. Ax would rather not risk the chance of them interrupting his mission. There would be disastrous outcomes if one of them were to somehow inform the Rosa family of his real name. One, he would fail his mission. Two, he could die. If Spinal members hear his fake name, they would understand he was working undercover but Rosa members...there was a great chance that they would kill him. He was a spy from the opposing family after all, sent to scout their base first and to decrease their ranks later.

Thinking about his mission again, Ax wondered if he'll ever get back his world and finish the mission. What if time moved differently in this world? When he comes back, will everyone be old? Could it be like the man and the turtle? His mission would be over then, and he could- Ax shook his head slightly, clearing his mind of wandering thoughts unrelated to the task at hand.

"I also agree with what Star said. We just need to keep passing these challenges, it wouldn't do any good to waste our energy on anger."

Chastity barely managed to refrain from facepalming when Blondie shook off her hand and ran back down the slope. What now? Chastity was at a bit of a loss.

Fortunately, everything happened pretty fast after that. Pretty-boy managed to drag the sickly guy up, and Kallin and Blondie made it up, too. Everyone was finally safe, and just for an instant, something in Chastity relaxed, and she felt... okay, for the first time since this ordeal began.

Of course, that feeling was promptly crushed by feelings of guilt and uselessness, but it had been nice while it lasted. She had been so... self-serving. Worse, she'd tried to keep Blondie from helping the others the way that she herself could have. Stupid, stupid, selfish brat. Tears started to well up in her eyes, and she blinked furiously, ducking her head. And now, of course, she was going to be all dramatic when it was her own fault she was feeling this way. Stupid. She knew, somewhere in the back of her mind, that she was beating herself up a bit more than was truly warranted, but it was hard for her to stop, sometimes, once she got going.

It was lucky, then, that Triple M Swagalicious made his entrance. The odd primate distracted her, jolted her out of the rut, startled her into laughing a bit. Doki Doki No Death Quiz? That sounded pretty good to her, assuming that the name held up and it didn't involve death. And that the no-death did not involve some sort of horrifying forcible tormented immortality. That would be... bad.

Tucking her hair behind her ears, she decided to avoid thinking about that particular possibility. Honestly, sometimes she worried a little about the paths her brain seemed to take... she jumped back with a yelp at Kallin's outburst. She was very startled; both by his display and by his behavior. He'd seemed very calm, before, but then, listening to his list, she supposed she couldn't blame the guy. Privately, she thought he really didn't need to take it out on the monkey. She rather liked the guy, to be honest. She giggled at his rejoinder, though it gave her yet another reason to dislike Gingericus (Vacation? Really?! What kind of psycho did this kind of thing as a vacation?)

Still, it was good that the incident had happened- it had brought her attention back to the others. Feelings safely suppressed for the time being, she surveyed them with a critical eye. Everyone seemed to be in reasonable condition, given what they'd just been through. Pretty-boy introduced himself again, and since this was actually an appropriate time Chastity decided to forgive him and start calling him by his name. Blondie was apparently named Star, which to Chastity was only marginally less silly than "Blondie". She smiled ruefully to herself- it wasn't as if she had much room to judge, there.

She bit her lip hard when Kallin nominated Star, the reminder of her cowardice overpowering the spark of satisfaction she felt at being called "the pretty one". She folded her arms tightly across her stomach, shifting her weight awkwardly. Her head felt clouded, there was a sense of something bad enveloping her. Darkness and death and too much blood, pooling and seeping across the floor and into her being so slow she hadn't noticed till now, but now it was in her and she-

She came back to reality, guided by the short kid's- Ethan's- voice. She looked down- her arms were still crossed, pressed even tighter against herself, and her hands were balled into tight fists. Her breaths were coming harsh, panicky, and she was grinding her teeth again. The feeling still pooled around her, and looking back she realized that it was emanating from the as-yet-unnamed pale guy. She was too close to him. She needed to get away.

She walked, shakily but swiftly, a few paces away, until the sense was less oppressive. She didn't know what he was, but he sure as hell wasn't human, and he frightened her. She shivered at the too-fresh memory of the feel, and almost unconsciously positioned herself so that Vex was between her and... whatever he was. Vex was the only one in the group who was taller than her; it would've been hard to effectively hide behind anyone else.

Not that she was hiding or cowering or clinging, oh no. She was just... keeping a respectable distance and the fact that one of the more supernaturally capable and physically imposing of the group just so happened to be there- well, that was hardly her fault, now was it?

She flipped her hair out from behind her ears, replacing it right after. She frowned at that- she hadn't displayed that nervous tic in... years, really. She shook her head, deciding to speak up before she went all damselly and fainted, or something. "My name's Chastity, but y'all can keep on calling me the pretty one if you like." She said, feeling that the false cheer in her voice was painfully obvious. "I guess Star is a pretty good choice. I don't think I'm really all that stubborn- I mean, my mom used to say that I'm a mule and I don't always like to do as I'm told; but that's mostly just if something doesn't make sense or seems wrong, you know? I cave pretty quick when people can show me why I should." She paused, remembering childhood hours spent glaring sullenly at food she didn't want to eat or sitting on the porch in pouring rain because she'd wanted to play outside. "Well, when it's important, anyway." She paused, took a breath. Her next words were much more subdued; more strongly tinged with the Southern drawl that had eased its way into her voice over the years of growing up in North Carolina. "And I... I wanted to apologize. For how I acted, before. I know I kinda started barking orders at people so... it's just, we were under threat of imminent squishy doom, and I wanted everyone to get out okay, so I wanted to try and minimize the number of people in danger at any one time, and I... sorry, I'm being dramatic, sorry." Damn it. She looked down, scuffing one shoe on the floor. It had to be some kind of skill, to make yourself look like that much of a basketcase in so few sentences.

Star gave a slight shrug with a slightly worried expression to the group as if they'd made the wrong decision, though she tried to relax and began taking in what everyone says but furrowing her brows at Chastity.. 'Wow, this girl talks allot doesn't she? Or am I just a bit quiet?..' she began to think about what she's said through out the challenges from the beginning until this point but shook her head. That wasn't important right this second. As Star began to look at the hi-tech coffin she cocked her head, rather intrigued now than scared or nervous. "Alright then - me it is."

Star began to walk over to the coffin-looking and possibly death trap. She glanced over her shoulder at the group and gave a reassuring smile to them all. As she approaches she gently ran her hand across it and examined the inside before slowly slipping in and backing up to the very back. In all reality she was scared but she couldn't show that, she couldn't scare them or creep them out with the thought of her possibly dying in this thing. Taking a deep breath she closed her eyes and awaited what'd happen next.

@SkyGinge

"Ooh!" Triple M's face lit up like a maniacal sun, "so this is your first victim, erm, I mean, candidate! Exciting stuff! Well then, it's time to see if you answered correctly!"

Lights danced around the Confirmation Chamber. There was a deep buzzing sound, like the growl of a mechanical beast. An ominous blue light throbbed at the back of the chamber. But then, with a microwave ping, the sounds stopped and the door swung open.

"Ooh, very good! Wicked, mega, ace!" Triple M hopped around clapping his hands like the monkey he was. "It seems you answered correctly, so no death for you! Now for my second question: which of you is the most kindest?"

Kallin nodded a greeting at Ethan, glad to have names in the group now.

His attention turned to Chastity as he watched her face while she thought. It was extraordinary how many emotions crossed those elegant features within the span of a few moments. He recognized many of them: Uncertainty, fear, but then he caught sight of one he knew all too well. Self-criticism.

He crossed his arms and shook his head kindly, his glowing eyes mostly inexpressive, but still managing to convey a certain amount of understanding and sympathy.

"Hey, Chastity. You don't need to apologize for wanting to keep people safe." His voice was suddenly gentle, a far cry from the harsh, accusing tone he had used with the monkey. "In life people are going to stand in line to take a shot at you, don't be the first one...okay?"

He could see it, there was a lot of doubt behind that false smile. He felt compelled to comfort her. She did after all remind him of someone back in FableWood. Which was also why it was so easy to read her. He could tell she felt a little uneasy around the pale man they had rescued, who had since seemed quite reserved. He took a subtle step between them as well, giving her a reassuring wink.

"Tell me about growing up." He asked her, trying to get Chastity's mind off of beating herself up. "My memory was erased when I was cursed with this body, I can't remember what it was like."

When Star approached the chamber Kallin frowned, his eyes narrowing to slits. "Hey Fur-face. If anything happens to her I'm going to have you stuffed."

Play along. He told himself sternly. Who knows what could happen if he angered this creature any further. But I swear if I have to watch anyone here suffer I don't care if they have an army of gods...

As the door shut tightly Kallin unknowingly held his breath, watching the lights dance and listening to the alien hum. He waited for something to happen, and just when he was convinced things would go wrong there was a loud 'ping' and the chamber opened.

With the anti-climactic finish Kallin looked almost disappointed. "That's it? I don't know why, but for some reason I expected something a lot more extravagant."

When the new question was posed Kallin barely had to think. His arm swung out to point a gloved finger right at Chastity. "No brainer." He said with a confident smile. It was true he hadn't seen much from her, but if Chastity was anything like what he imagined, gleaning the little evidence off of what he had witnessed so far, then it was her. Beyond a doubt.

Star began to get a bit panicky inside of the coffin-like chamber, the door hadn't opened for several long moments and she was quiet scared. She began to whimper at the noises and looked around, putting her hands in certain places and pushing repeatedly, thoughts of her dying like this buzzed in and out of her mind.

As Star was about to lose all hope, the door swung open, with a hefty gasp She ran back to the group quickly and hid behind them, just as she reached them the monkey had spoken once more. Star prefered not to speak right at this moment since she had been half spooked to death. Raising a brow she went behind Kallin and peeked at the chamber, cringing a bit at the thought of going back in there though if she gets nominated again for any reason she'd have to.

Ax watched silently as Star entered the coffin, becoming worried as a buzzing sound filled the air. Did we send in the wrong person? Whats going on in there? He questioned himself. Ax's fears were dismissed when the door swung open and Star exited. Softly he let out a sigh of relief, but tensed up when he heard the next question. The kindest? Well that's not me for sure. Ax glanced at Star, she wasn't in any shape to go back in there.

When Kallin confidently pointed to Chasity, Ax had his doubts. Logically, it was right to doubt Kallin's choice. Chasity had not displayed kindness when she tried to hold Star back from saving the pit-fallers. However... Ax looked at Star again, his eyes assessing her condition. Star seemed to really not want to go back in there, but Ax felt that she would if they nominated her. Of course, that would probably be more proof of her kindness.

"I nominate Star. Although you (Kallin) might see something in Chasity, her track record isn't the best. It should be only logical for Star to be chosen and if she does agree to go, it will only be more proof of her kindness."

Detach your emotions Ax whispered mentally to himself. He didn't want to nominate Star again but her actions showed that she was a kind person, and Chasity's record did not. Plus, if Kallin was wrong, Chasity would die. On the other hand, if he was wrong, Star would die.

"Think about it logically, not on instinct. Plus, if she does go, what happens if you're wrong? She'll most likely die. However, there's also the possibility that I'm wrong and Star might die. Its a shame but I don't have a tool that measures kindness. Should they just choose for themselves?"

"You don't need to apologize for wanting to keep people safe."

Chastity blinked slowly at Kallin's words, mildly surprised that he was talking to her. She shifted, turning more towards him, as she listened to him. She nodded slowly. She managed a small smile when he moved between her and the pale guy. He was perceptive, subtle, and she knew pretty well what he was up to when he asked her about growing up. She appreciated it. "I really am sorry to hear that. I know how important memories can be. Growing up... well, it was mostly just me, my mom, and my little brother; plus some goats and sheep and poultry. It was sort of lonely, but... nice, you know? Peaceful-like." She wanted to ask about the curse- it sounded interesting- and she wanted to know how it worked, being made of mist, but it seemed... presumptuous, to ask such personal questions. On the other hand, she was really curious...

She was saved from her brief dilemma when Star entered the chamber. Silently, she agreed with Kallin's threat to the monkey man. Star seemed like a nice kid- she got on Chastity's nerves a little, but that was mostly because she was stressed, and Star was inexperienced and a bit rash. In the relative calm after the boulder, Chastity actually started to feel a little protective of the other girl- she clearly led with her heart instead of her head, and that could get her killed. Chastity would do her best to keep that from happening, and maybe guide her towards a less risky way of doing things.

The tension in the room was palpable as the little group waited for the blonde girl to emerge from the chamber. The sounds of the machine were only seemed to amplify the waiting. When Star finally came out, Chastity sighed in relief. Of course, that was right when Kallin nominated her as the kindest one in the group.

She stared at him for a moment, confused. She knew that she wasn't
unkind, but how would Kallin know just from what she'd already done? Ethan was right, as much as it made her stomach churn with guilt. Star was probably the best choice, but...

Chastity looked at the other girl. She was hiding behind Kallin, pretty much, and she looked spooked. Chastity's brow furrowed. There was no way in hell she was gonna let the poor kid go back in when she was already so freaked out. It wasn't fair, wasn't right; and Star had already shouldered more than her fair share of risk. But then... how to address Ethan's points? He'd been pretty logical, and that's what she needed to be. She needed to
think, and everything here was just too distracting.

She huffed, shutting her eyes and massaging her temples. It was all so
subjective, that was the problem here. It could be argued that Kallin had shown the most kindness, in being willing to put himself between the boulder and the rest of them; and in his willingness to comfort a girl he barely knew. Vex, too; for similar reasons. It could be argued that she had been kind, in trying to protect Star from endangering herself and attempting to set her mind at ease about it- and in trying to keep her from having to go back in the chamber. People were complicated, they changed from situation to situation and as time went on, not to mention the difficulty in defining what, exactly was meant by kindness...

Her fingers stilled, and she opened her eyes. There it was, there was her solution. A smile spread across her face, and her eyes gleamed triumphantly.
"It doesn't matter who goes in." Her voice was confident, finally, and just a little bit smug. "These questions, they're extraordinarily subjective; almost entirely based on perception. Stubbornness- yeah, Star was pretty stubborn, but you could argue that Vex and Kallin outdid her when they faced down that boulder; or that Ethan did when he didn't hurry as much as he could have- hell, I had to be pretty mulish to force myself to react rationally instead of emotionally. Any one of us could have been considered the most stubborn. Kindness is even more subjective- there are so many different interpretations of what it could mean. Mr. Swagalicious over there hasn't informed us of what ethical framework he's using to judge what's kind and what's not; and so we could argue that for each of us, there's a point of view from which we're the kindest among the group. So, no matter who we choose, it's the right choice." She smiled reassuringly at Star, gave Kallin a grateful look; and strode briskly towards the chamber, gritting her teeth against the chill she felt as she passed the pale boy. "I'll go in. It's not fair to expect Star to do it twice in a row." Her bravado faltered for a moment just outside the door, but she dismissed her worry with a shake of her head, giving the monkey man a wave before disappearing inside the contraption. No matter what other weaknesses she may have had, she knew that her analytical mind was the one thing that would never fail her. And besides, from her point of view- wasn't she kind? Wasn't she always there for her friends if they needed to talk or cry or just be there? Didn't she stay up all night in the barn when it was freezing out to make sure the newborn lambs were all right? Didn't she push herself to lengths she almost couldn't imagine when people really needed her to?

She nodded to herself decisively as the doors closed behind her. She was doing the right thing, and she'd be okay. She crossed her arms, leaned against the wall, and waited.

@SkyGinge @SilverFlight

"Ooh, is that the sound of intelligence I hear?" the monkey man cocked his head as if listening intently, "Click-clock, tick-tock, your mind is whirring and you're correctamundo, my good lady! That's the trick, it is! There is no right answer. The secret is, the machine would have worked either way. So unless you're particularly partial to claustrophobic coffins, you may remove yourself."

"Well, well, I was not expecting to be rumbled. I hope you enjoyed debating, eh? And now I must dash; I've been promised a special banana-ry treats in reward for my hosting duties. Ooh, bananas! They reduce me to a giggling ape." With an acrobatic somersault, Triple M launched off of his platform and landed midair in his meditation post, and offered his favourite cheeky wink. "Adios, amigos! Stay fresh and stay frosty!" Then, as bizarrely as he had entered, he ascended into oblivious in a cackle of monkey giggles.

The door opened up to reveal freedom incarnate. A white void free of the archaic trappings of the ancient temple; they had escaped!

Congratulations!You have beaten the Temple of Doom! As there's little point in introducing a new challenge with under 24 hours left to post, you have been released into a completely blank void, where you are free to celebrate your victory. Then you shall be warped away when the round has finished'

Kallin shook his head at Ethan's logic. "See, you're limited by your perception, which is biased based on what we've seen so far. Only trusting evidence in front of you leaves you closed to considering what else could be. The monkey asked for the kindest, not who we think is the kindest. This whole thing is one big gamble..." he placed a comforting hand on Star's shoulder as she hid behind him. "Besides, I'm not about to ask her to go back in there," but he fell silent as Chastity began to speak for herself.

He listened to her reasoning and found himself enlightened. "That's...brilliant." he said, but as she stepped toward the chamber he felt worry grip him with an icy hand.

"I really hope you're right." He said as she stepped into the box.

Suddenly their eccentric host spoke up, filling Kallin with relief as he explained the angle behind the game.

"So...there was no threat of death after all? Well! I feel better about that."

He walked up to the coffin and offered a hand to help Chastity down, watching with a sense of triumph as the door to their freedom opened.

"Pretty and smart?" He teased, grinning at her. He was beginning to understand this place finally, or at least it appeared that way, and these strangers had helped him in that.

"I have a feeling this isn't over. But...if we don't end up in the same place...it was good to meet you. All of you." He rubbed the brim of his hat between two fingers, an awkward gesture as he never really was one for goodbyes.

"I hope you all get through this."

Ax gave Chasity an admiring smile as she explained her reasoning and was further impressed when the ape confirmed her suspicions. She turned out to be pretty smart, he hadn't thought of that possibility, the possibility that it didn't matter who went in. That meant he could have went in both times and spared both of them. It wasn't like being in a coffin scared him, what scared him was- No, he wouldn't think about it now.

"Same here, I don't think its close to over. It was nice meeting all of you too, maybe one day we'll meet again under better circumstances?"

Ax turned nervously to Star and bowed to her as he apologized.

"I'm sorry for nominating you when you were clearly unwilling to go back in. However, I still think my choice at the time was correct. You are a kind person."

Then he turned to Chasity and addressed her.

"You're really smart aren't you? Sorry for the hurt my words had caused you." Ax smiled at her. "I would have never thought of that. Well done."

He looked at the group, his mind putting the names to the faces, Vex, Kallin, Star, Chasity....and the pale man who's name he didn't know, before surveying the room.

"This white void is pretty interesting..." It was full of...nothing. Of course. It was a void after all.

Star nodded at Chastity, she was clearly a logical thinker and in times like these they needed someone like that. The girl was.. confident and strong in many ways, she didn't know her very well but based on what she's shown she's wonderful.. though her thoughts were interrupted with a hand on her shoulder -- Kallin. She gave a small smile and turned to Ax in time to hear his apology.

Star smiled at the boy and nearly tackled him as she gave him a big hug "Don't apologize.. If it keeps everyone safe then I am willing." Keeping the hug for several long moments she then ran over and gave a small, gentle hug as if she didn't want to hurt him. "It was nice to meet you - nice to meet everyone.." She sighed softly to herself and went to Chastity "Nice thinking, you can do allot of amazing things. Goodluck to you." She hugged her gently before noticing the white void and slowly cocking her head slowly, reaching her hand out as if it was an allusion. "Well yes it is, is this apart of the God's doing?.."

Thunder strikes, and a great siren roars. Ear-shattering silences rushes after the noise. Once again you are enveloped by darkness. The round is over, and you have been warped back to the Lobby.

The Round Has Ended!Do not post in this thread as it will not be considered and will probably be deleted. You may continue to RP in the Out-Of-Arena-Interactions sub-forum. Thanks for your participation; the results will surface imminently!

@LoveMyHate @Prizzy Kriyze @The One Called X @SilverFlight @JadeWuvsCookies @SpectroVector

Users who are viewing this thread

Back