[The Official RPN Character Challenge 2015]Bruce West

Afrobrony

Feel the rock!
Name: Bruce West (his name was actually Banner when I wrote up the character sheet for him but I completely messed up his name during the actual roleplay and referred to him as Bruce. I assume no one noticed so I didn't figure out until now that I messed up.)

Species: human

RP From:

https://www.rpnation.com/threads/excidium.96123/

https://www.rpnation.com/threads/dragons-roar-2-the-destruction-of-fate-open.121732/

Genre: supernatural

Combat?: yes, he considers himself the second greatest martial artist in the world after all.

Picture:
02_xin_fu_by_lady_voldything.jpg

This was as accurate to Bruce as I could find so there's definitely going to be some differences.

Appearance:
Bruce keeps a very fit and muscular build, especially intimidating to the average person when he stands at 6 foot 2 inches. His long, black hair goes down past his shoulders and never needs to be styled in anyway, if anything, he only needs a shower to keep it down. For his clothes he wears a long navy blue coat over a black v-neck and jeans. In a serious fight, his brown eyes make clear to his opponent that he's going to either win or die or even both.

Personality:

(What is your character like?) Bruce is the type of guy that will never back down from a fight, even if he expects that he'll lost. To him, any fight will make him stronger and more experienced. This determination can either get him killed or win him the fight, depending on the opponent. His determination can also be interpreted as arrogance, which leads him to sometimes make bad choices on and off the battlefield. While not being the moral beacon of society that people should follow, he exhibits good qualities such as loyalty to his friends and a non-serious attitude until it's really necessary, when that is depends as he likes to taunt his opponents even during a fight.

Backstory: Bruce has been taught his whole life that he must always look out for himself and further himself until he is the best. However, he eventually figured out that one man cannot become the best by himself, he must help others as well, whether their causes are good or not. This lead him to becoming a mercenary and running a sort of guild for a while. At some point or another he judged that his guild was not enough, since it was full of weaklings, people just coming along for the ride. They were all just dead weight to Bruce. Thus he set out to join the Excidium guild, a mercenary's paradise, full of people who he could rely on to actually be of some help to him. Surprisingly enough he really only got into one fight, granted it was against an extremely powerful being that honestly could've destroyed him in an instant and beat him by trapping him a huge block of cement. Skip forward a bit and members from both Excidium and the original Dragon's Roar guild have formed a new Dragon's Roar and have started fights against different enemies. He is currently in/being taken away from a fight with someone known as Harbinger.

Abilities: Bruce constantly trains himself to become stronger, not relying on magic or special gifts from god or demons to help him. He's a totally physical fighter, the only deviancy in his types of attacks are his ki blasts, which can still be considered physical, mostly, as they come from his physical energy within him. His ki blasts can technically be manipulated into various forms and strengths but he usually uses them in the form of balls that can easily blast away rocks and one shot golems. These blasts of ki aren't just able to be shot in a straight line, they can follow a sort of path, able to go to either side of an opponent or around certain defenses. Not completely maneuverable but enough to get by. While this attack has yet to have been debuted in either of the roleplays he also knows the ki ko ho, the attack that Tien uses in Dragon Ball and that can kill the user if used too much at a time. The ki ko ho is easily his most potentially powerful attack, varying in strength depending on how much of his ki he wants to. Its power ranges from wiping out a room to utterly destroying a large building. The ki ko ho can cause severe damage even to opponents much stronger than himself. I forgot to mention this as well, Bruce can focus his ki more sharply through his body, making it better able to block hits. Of course, this results in more use of his ki so he has to watch when he uses and of the previous techniques. He also has a short sword with him that he can imbue his ki into as long as it is in his hands, along with a revolver that is really just a break action pistol as it can only hold one shot at time. While he's never used the revolver in combat, it's definitely not useless and is only used as an absolute last resort. Basically, and I've had this thought out for a while, the revolver used for precision when he can't get close or doesn't want to completely destroy something, just pierce through it. As for puzzle solving skills, let's just say that the water temple was the bane of his existence for a while.

Other: Theme song, and this is mostly because I've been listening to it a lot lately: [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIXKJco85Pc[/media]

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back