• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Oath - 1940s Gangster Drama - IC (Ended)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
Vincenzo Romano
josh-brolin-jpg.325047

The driver pulled up outside the old pub, but Vinnie didn't make an effort to step out of the car immediately. Although the pub was neutral, Vinnie had sent a couple of men to check out the pub in advance to make sure there was nothing untoward. He'd also hoped Monte would arrive on time, considering he hadn't seen him since the previous day. When one of the men tapped on the back window of the car, it was the cue the coast was clear and for Vinnie, Fortuna and Michael to step out of the vehicle.

Once inside the pub, Vinnie led the others into the private room that had been kept free for the meeting. They'd arrived before the Duilios, which both pleased and concerned Vinnie, though he wouldn't show it. Vinnie, Fortuna and Monte would take a seat together at one side of the table, with Michael standing nearby should he need to intervene. "If they don't give us the assurance we need, then the deal is off. Even if I have to put a bullet in Mr Duilio himself." Romano fell silent as he heard the distant footsteps approaching. When Duilio and three of his men entered the room, Vinnie stood up and shook the man's hand, before Duilio and one of his men sat at the opposite side of the table.

"Whilst it's always a pleasure to speak with you all, I'm not quite sure what the problem is," Duilio began. "And I know you received part of the payment yesterday."

"Yes, I got the money..." Vinnie began. He fell silent as he lit up a cigar and offered everyone else in the room one. He was patient and could handle prolonged silence, even if anyone around him didn't. After paying a little too much attention to how much he enjoyed the cigar, he decided to continue. "I've looked at what you're offering us and the cash payment is not an issue - in fact it's quite generous. However, you're asking for us to get rid of Sergeant Hunter. If something happens to a cop, we'll all have the CPD working overtime, breathing down our necks, and how do I know one of you won't squeal under that pressure?" Vinnie looked to his right-hand woman. "Fortuna, have you seen or heard any guarantee that won't happen? What have we been offered that ensures silence from the Duilios?" he asked her.

Ineptitude Ineptitude Thatoneflawedhero Thatoneflawedhero
Foxy Foxy (if Monte joined them)

"As far as I am aware, sir, absolutely nothing." Fortuna replied with a shake of her head, the corners of her lips raising into a pleasant smile. The hitwoman sat at the right of her boss, one leg crossed over the other while her hands rested above her lap, as she stared directly into the eyes of Duilio. She couldn't help but feel a burst of sadistic pleasure when the older man flinched under her intimidating gaze. After all, if there was one thing she disliked the most, it was human scum. And this man was worth less than the dirt underneath her heels. She wouldn't admit it out loud, but she hoped that this meeting would turn out badly. If only so she could plant a bullet between the man's legs.

Mentioned: Misty Gray Misty Gray

Vincenzo Romano

josh-brolin-jpg.325047

Vinnie let out an exaggerated groan as Fortuna confirmed she too wasn't aware of any guarantees of silence from the Duilios. He glanced ahead to where two of Duilio's men were standing - it was bugging him how on edge they appeared.

"Mr. Romano, your lack of trust offends me. You are being paid more than enough and it's unfortunate that my word still means nothing to you. I have been more than generous," Duilio confidently assured him. "There is no need for further renegotiation. I have paid you and now Sergeant Hunter must be removed. There really isn't anything more complicated to this."

Vinnie displayed the thinnest of smiles as he looked Duilio in the eyes for a time. "I'm just going to have some water brought in. I'm thirsty," he announced and got up from his seat so he could enter the main bar and request a drink. There were no customers in the pub as the owner had kept the main doors locked during the meeting. The pub was a neutral business, but that didn't mean the owner was neutral. Fortuna, Michael and Monte had already been briefed by Vinnie: if Vinnie was requesting water, that meant they need to be prepared for trouble. When he returned to the private room, Vinnie remained standing, watching the pub owner as he carried in a jug of water and some glasses. After dismissing the man, Vinnie calmly poured himself a glass of water. "Anyone else care for a drink?" he offered. Regardless of the response, he continued to pour a drink for Duilio, then Fortuna, Monte, the man sat beside Duilio. He took his sweet time about it too, all whilst silently observing Duilio and his three men. The two men standing clearly thought nobody could see them nervously keeping their hands over their guns - they were a clear shot for Michael to take. The man beside Duilio had barely brought both hands into view during the meeting but Vinnie was still certain the man wouldn't have time to react. Duilio himself, well, Fortuna had been eyeing him throughout, so there was no doubt she could easily deal with him. "Mr. Duilio, you say there is nothing complicated going on, but your friends' body language alone tells me otherwise." Fortuna would feel Vinnie's foot nudge her own, giving her advance warning. At the same time, he lifted his glass so he could take a sip from the water, whilst discreetly using his other hand to retrieve the gun from his inside pocket. "The deal is off," he announced. In a split second, he brought his gun into view and fired a bullet between the eyes of the man seated next to Duilio.

This would be a cue for the others to act fast...

Ineptitude Ineptitude Thatoneflawedhero Thatoneflawedhero Foxy Foxy

robeson-paul.jpg

Michael Johnson
When Vinnie came offering the people a glass of water he knew it meant trouble, not for him of course but for the people sitting across from him. He would sigh before taking a glass of water and gulping it down. Once he finished his drink he stared up at the men and lifted his suitcase up on the table opening it to examine what weapon would be the best to quickly take out these two men. Examining them he grabbed the thompson from out of the case though anyone sitting across from him couldn't see it but it could be assumed what he was pulling out. He quickly took it near his body and aimed it up at the two men who were holding their guns and once Vinnie shot he would take his finger back and pull on the trigger quickly putting a end to the two men's lives aswell as kicking the table down sideways so it could be use for cover. After the two men were shot he would be quick to hide behind his makeshift cover and would take the clip out of his gun reloading it by putting a new one in.

"Well, something told me it was gonna be trash day." The man said with a comedic tone.

Misty Gray Misty Gray Ineptitude Ineptitude Foxy Foxy

Sinead Sullivan
23238119004_748af6041e_b-jpg.325389

When the waitress brought out the bill, which Angel settled, Sinead reached for her purse and would offer to pay him her share for breakfast. He had said the previous night that he would pay but she always thought it polite to still offer at the time. "Well, Giovanni. Thank you for the talk and for breakfast," she pleasantly told him. She stood up and adjusted her fitted dress to make sure she was appropriately covered. "I'm going to see if I can find myself some work. You keep out of trouble," she playfully warned him.

As she walked to the exit, Sinead stopped on the spot and closed her eyes for a short time. Angel was a Romano and he'd simply been trying to help her, yet she now found herself drawn to him. Despite knowing he was an enemy of her family and that she was supposed to keep her distance, she turned back to face Angel. "I hope we can talk again sometime," she said, looking him in the eyes before blushing. She then turned away and rushed out of the cafe. She needed to save some embarrassment for what was likely to be a morning of being turned away from jobs. That sweet Italian was so distracting and it frustrated her!

Enzyme Enzyme

Leo Davide

capture-png.326868

Leo had been on a call at the reception desk for a few minutes before ending it and returning to Alena, Alex and Lloyd in the large hall where Vinnie's party was being set up. He glanced to the grand piano in the corner of the room and frowned. "Would you believe the pianist chose this week to be ill?!" he grumbled. "But not to worry. Leo is onto it and one of our events organisers is on the job to find a replacement. How is everything going in here now?" he asked. "Seriously, if Vinnie hates this or something goes wrong, is there any chance you guys can make sure I keep both legs and this job?" he half-joked. He then scanned the room and sighed. "What's missing? What else does your father like? Other than guns and alcohol..."

sprouhtt sprouhtt neverbackdown neverbackdown Foxy Foxy

Monte Romano
As bodies dropped, Monte expertly sidestepped, avoiding the flecks of blood that flew through the air and avoiding a man's falling body, watching it fall with a bemused look upon his face.
"What a waste." He mused, kicking the man's corpse over so it faced up. He had, of course, expected this outcome, though he was a bit irked again he didn't get to be on the right side of the trigger. These days he was feeling more like an accessory to his family than anything. Crouching, Monte's fingers expertly weaved through the dead man's pockets, procuring his wallet, which he pocketed. Standing, he sighed.
"I need a drink."
Without waiting for anyone to respond he turned away.
Misty Gray Misty Gray Ineptitude Ineptitude Thatoneflawedhero Thatoneflawedhero

Emmet Sullivan

"Well then, I suppose we should have some breakfast then." Emmet gave a devilish grin. "I hope Mr. Masciarelli is there."
Putting the car in drive, the duo drove the streets of Chicago, which were slowly rumbling to life. Emmet was lost in his own thoughts, considering all the ways he might dismember Giovanni. Spotting the restaurant, Emmet pulled over, killing the engine and getting out, hurrying over to Shannon's side and opening the door for her with a flourish.
"You ready, m’fhíorghrá?" Emmet extended a hand with a sweet smile, though mischief danced in his eyes.
Misty Gray Misty Gray

Lloyd Castellano
Lloyd hadn't attended the party planning for fun, but was merely there because he was so bored. While Vinnie's daughters wove their way around the place, Lloyd leaned up against a wall in the corner, itching for a cigarette. At the mention of music his mind wandered to his guitar collecting dust at home. He hadn't played in quite some time, he realized.
"I can't help ya." He called from the corner to Leo, an amused smile playing on his lips. Pushing himself away from the wall, he walked over to Leo, a lazy look on his face.
"Get some Sullivan's. I'm sure he'd love to systematically slaughter some for his birthday." He joked, clapping the other man on the back.
As he withdrew back to his corner, Lloyd called back over his shoulder with a smile on his face.
"And hey, if he doesn't like it, I have a couple broken guitar necks we can use for legs and arms."
neverbackdown neverbackdown Misty Gray Misty Gray sprouhtt sprouhtt

Last edited:
Shannon Sullivan

"Breakfast sounds wonderful," Shannon agreed, a playful smile playing on her lips. She would be glad to see any Romano suffer, but it would be a bonus for it to be Angel. Then Emmet parked up and rushed to her side of the car to take her hand. "Of course I'm ready," she softly told him. She gracefully accepted his hand and stepped out of the car. "My husband, always the gentleman," she appreciated him.

Upon approaching the restaurant, there were a couple of Romano men standing by around the entrance. However, it would soon become apparent that Angel wasn't present and neither of them appeared to know where he was...

Foxy Foxy

Leo Davide

"Hmm. I'm not sure wooden legs would suit me," Leo replied, making it almost look like he was genuinely considering the prospect. "And I'm not sure if I can get my hands on any Sullivans, even if I wanted to. I'm an upstanding member of this community, so there'll be no slaughtering in this hotel. Not on my watch!" he noted. He then observed Lloyd who was lazily smoking and generally being... lazy? "Perhaps you can't help me with ideas of how to bring a smile to little Vinnie's face, but how about you help set up? Pin up some banners, help move some chairs around. Anything?" he asked. His friend was known for being quite idle, but it was still worth a try.

Foxy Foxy neverbackdown neverbackdown sprouhtt sprouhtt

Last edited:
Fortuna wiped away the flecks of blood that happened to splatter onto her cheeks with a handkerchief, her expression nonchalant as this was a common occurrence in her line of work. "That certainly went better than expected." The hitwoman mused to herself, smirking as she pocketed the now bloodied cloth. "Now, if you'll excuse me, sir."

Humming a happy little tune under her breath after adressing her boss, she stood up from her seat and approached the telephone that rested at the corner of the room, swiftly dialing a certain number. Though, not before slipping out a small handgun from her trench coat and placing a round between the dead Duilio's legs, if only so she could experience the satisfaction in doing so. A few rings resounded within the air before the other line picked up.

"Paulo, good to hear from you as well." Fortuna greeted upon hearing the man's voice, an even smile upon her lips. "I have a dinner reservation for four." She said not moments later, eyes glancing briefly over to the four corpses in the room with them.

Mentioned: Misty Gray Misty Gray

Last edited:
Vincenzo Romano
josh-brolin-jpg.325047

Vinnie watched on as Michael and Fortuna took care of the remaining three men. It hadn't escaped his attention that Monte would resent not being able to finish off one of the men, but this was part of his "learning" and his time would come very soon. As Fortuna made the telephone call, Vinnie casually approach one of the dead men and crouched down so he could reach into the Duilio's pocket and retrieve the set of car keys. "Monte," he called his son, before tossing the keys into his hands. "When we're done in here I need you to take this car into the garage. It needs a new colour and some new plates, then it's yours." Monte should know by now exactly which garage would do this for them.

"Duilios' businesses belong to us now. I have already got some of his men onto our side - some of whom warned me Duilio's was going to try something today, hence why I fired first. Anyone not yet on side has the choice to join us or join these four idiots," he said, pointing to the dead bodies. "Any businesses that refuse to give us a cut will end up the same as the bakery did two nights ago." Vinnie lifted his glass of water and looked closely to make sure no blood had touched it before drinking. "As for the pain in the ass that is Sergeant Hunter... I'd already intended on reserving him a spot at the bottom of the lake before Duilio approached me. The hit is still on. Can I trust any of you three to oversee it?" he asked.

Foxy Foxy Thatoneflawedhero Thatoneflawedhero Ineptitude Ineptitude

Interaction: Misty Gray Misty Gray
Mentioned: neverbackdown neverbackdown
Actions: Running her hand through her hair

Alena had gone to the bathroom as soon as she had gotten to the hotel. She forgot to tell Leo that when she dissappeared on the spot like that. Alena just couldn't hold it in that long. Besides that Leo had it down, she had already sent out a list to the hotel telling them what she needs, when she needs it done by and who to put on the job for that because this party had to be perfect. Alena unleashed her hair from the hair tie that was holding it back and she felt her hair cascade past her shoulders.

When she was done using the bathroom, she walked back to the grand room. It was a huge ball room and this hotel was well known for their extravagant parties that were held in this ball room. Alena ran her hand through her hair as she walked towards Leo. "Have the caterers come yet?" She asked him, "...because we need everything to be perfect for tomorrow evening." Alena added.

Luca had stopped at one of the Parks in the city, watching kids play with their parents. He just stare at the kids with a frown as he saw them happy, sure he should be happy that they where having fun, but he knew that sooner or later, the whole city was gonna become a war zone. Romano's and Sullivan's where gonna be fighting, innocents scare for their life, the police trying to stop them and most of all, bodies littering the ground, cars exploding and some burnings coming down. He had been happy when the calmness was happening but now that he though about, the Romano's three the first and second message toward them and now him, he was gonna send the Romies a third message, a message that will cause the peace to scatter in pieces as if it never happened. Luca sighed before finally walking out of the park, walking the street that led to where he though that Kate was at. The more he walked the more he had time to think about different plans to use against the Romano's, but at the same time, he realized that he would had to get an acceptance on his plan from Emmett or else he wouldn't be able to execute it, unless he did it under cover. He rubbed his chin as he tried to think about, that the more he though about, he more he couldn't see where he was going until finally, he found himself in front of a door. "Huh?" He said to himself as he looked at the door.

robeson-paul.jpg

Michael Johnson

Removing himself from cover the man would chuckle before taking his suitcase and opening it to place his gun back inside. Did he over react a little to that? Probably, though he thought the others would put up a fight, but he was glad they were smart enough to not mess with his boss. As he closed his suitcase and dusted the blood off of his trenchcoat he would look at Mr. Romanao with a smile. A hit? Well although he didn't agree with it he wouldn't refuse it as such hits allowed him to aquire a sizeable amount of income, besides this 'seargent' hunter was a police and from most experiences he had with the police he would be willing to end ones life even if it was a unwise idea.

"Is there any specific way you wish for me to kill him?"

Misty Gray Misty Gray (and anyone else in the room)

Newspaper Article
"Destroyed Property"
coney-island-remains-of-the-alahmbra-restaurant-destroyed-by-fire-cwb8f4.jpg

Last Night at 12 AM one of the many restraunts that Mister Vinnie Romano owned was burned down by a unknown individual although no one was hurt in this incident several men were tied to a lamp post and it still remains unclear for what reason this happened and what made this unknown individual do such a thing. The Police have refused to say a word about the situation and have assured the populace that this is just an everyday arson, although they have not released the witnesses details to the public, which has caused some to question the PD and wonder if there's more to this incident then what the Police are telling them.

If anyone has information about the incident call the number below
555-555-5550

Last edited:
Vincenzo Romano
Vinnie looked to Michael and smirked when he was asked about how he would like Sergeant Hunter to be killed. "The Sergeant is a delicate matter," he began, glancing to Fortuna. "I don't care how you do it as long as it's clean. No redecorating, like this," he said, waving his hand around to point out the bloodstains around the room they were standing in. "No evidence, no body. His disappearance is to remain a mystery. Are we clear?" he asked. "Fortuna will assist you in arranging it," he advised. "It isn't to be rushed. Give the dust around these idiots time to settle. It won't go unnoticed that Duilio is missing," he noted.

Thatoneflawedhero Thatoneflawedhero Ineptitude Ineptitude

Leo Davide

Leo smiled as Alena joined them. "No, Lena. They haven't arrived yet, but they will be here soon. Don't you worry about that," he assured her. He the pointed to the piano and the stage. "The pianist will play until 9pm, some nice little numbers to get everyone relaxed. Vinnie loves that boring classical shit," he noted. "Then, we've got a band booked to get you lot on the dance floor," he told her. He then looked all around, taking note of the spotlights which hung from the balcony above the stage. "I'll get the lights checked soon to make sure they're all in working order," he mused aloud.

Realising he was drifting off into his work mode and about to start reeling off all of the thoughts in his head, he snapped out of it. "It's going to be perfect, Lena. Vinnie will be so proud of you," he reassured her. "Just save your friend Leo a dance, won't you?" he asked, playfully nudging her. Realising he was on the verge of flirting, he looked to Alex. "What do you think, Alex? Is there anything missing that your old man would appreciate?" he asked her.

sprouhtt sprouhtt neverbackdown neverbackdown
Foxy Foxy

selena-gomez-surprises-fans-at-hillsong-concert.jpg
Alex got out of the car and walked into the hotel lobby with Lloyd by her side. Once in the lobby Alex stopped for a second to fix her sling properly as it was sitting wrong and annoying her. When she looked up she realized Llyod wasn't in-front of her anymore and looked around, unable to see him or Alena, Alex decided to walk to the ball room knowing the party was taking place in there. Alex walked into the ballroom just after Alena and listened to her sister jump straight into asking questions,Alex noted that she looked stressed and smirked to herself "Hey Leo!" She greeted "Relax Laney, with you behind the reins this party is going to be amazing" She comforted her sister. Alex watched Leo's interaction with Alena and smiled to herself, was that flirting she sensed? She liked Leo and had no issue if they had feelings for each other, he was a nice guy and he seemed like he did care about her sister. Alex jumped from her thoughts when she heard her name being mentioned and looked up to Leo as he spoke. She bit her lip for a second as she thought while looking around the room at the set up that already been put into place. Alex shrugged and grimaced at the pain the movement caused "the blood of his enemies" She laughed "ehh no nothing I can think off, it looks perfect, just make sure there's loads of strong alcohol" She suggested a bit more seriously.

Misty Gray Misty Gray sprouhtt sprouhtt Foxy Foxy

Kitty lifted her head to look at you had spoken. Her brows furrowed at his question.

"Succulents? I'm very sorry, but I can't answer that - I don't really know my self, to be perfectly honest," she replied. She eyed the man again, waiting a second before his exact identity clicked into place.

"Ah, you're Lieutenant Xin!" she exclaimed. She opened her mouth to ask him more about the underground situation, but decided to refrain in the interest of time. Instead, she rifled around in her bag until she found a business card.

"Lieutenant, we've met before, but I'm Kitty Avera. I write for the Sun-Times. Anyway, I have to publish an article before the evening edition goes out, but whenever you get the chance, I would appreciate it if you could call me or call on me to talk about some of the recent events involving the city's gang activity. Here's my card; it has my office's address and phone number. Ah- let me write my personal number as well. That way you'll be able to find me easier." She quickly scratched the phone number onto the back of the card as coherently as she could before handing it to him.

"Now, if you'll excuse me," she said and hurried off to her office, already writing her article in her head.

Trignome Trignome

Last edited:
Conor Sullivan and James Porter

capture-png.317788
Untitled.png
When James returned to the Sullivan house, he was surprised to find Emmet, Shannon and Luca still weren't around. Also, Sinead hadn't returned home yet and he really wanted to keep his word by making her wash his car! Feeling positive about what he'd been learning that morning, he couldn't wait to at least tell Lucy and Conor. He joined the siblings in the lounge and sat on the opposite couch to the one they were on.

"I was hoping your parents would be home by now," he began, looking Lucy in the eyes and making it clear he was up to something. "The Romanos are going to pay for what they did to both of you," he said, acknowledging Lucy's and Conor's injuries from the previous night. "It's Vinnie's birthday tomorrow and I've just found out there's going to be a surprise party held for him at the Grand Hotel. So... I'm proposing we give him a nice big surprise," he deviously suggested. Whilst he'd already put a few plans into motion and gathered some details of the hotel's layout, he knew he'd have to speak to Emmet first. Then again, he was still dead set on going ahead with his plan for revenge with or without the boss' help. "Obviously I need to discuss this with your parents, but what do you think?" he asked Lucy and Conor.

"Okay..." Conor apprehensively began. Of course he wanted revenge. He wanted Vinnie to suffer and he wouldn't feel bad to cause most of Romano's men suffering. They deserved it for Sinead, Lucy, Luca, and everything else! But this was a family party and that obviously meant all of Vinnie's family would be present, including Alex. He couldn't think of a valid reason to refuse, because in the eyes of the Sullivan family there wasn't one and he could hardly tell them he was smitten with a Romano. "If you do this, I'm in. I'll be right there with you guys," he agreed, firmly nodding. He knew he would just have to make sure Alex was kept out of harm's way. James alone was indiscriminate with his hatred for all Romanos, so Conor was fully aware not even Vinnie's daughters would be exempt from James' punishment.

Bellz Bellz
Mentioned: Foxy Foxy Lazy Taco Lazy Taco neverbackdown neverbackdown

“It’s a pleasure to meet you...from the Sun-Times. Yes, I see.” Jon struggled to regain a professional composure. “About the current influx of criminal…ah, okay.” He took the card Miss Avera hurriedly handed to him. The young woman seemed in a rush so Jon refrained from trying to speak with her again.

He stood outside the police station and watched the reporter walking away until he was sure she wasn’t coming back to catch him unawares with questions, or to tell him his succulent was dead. Then, with a sigh, Jon carefully adjusted the cuffs of his shirt before opening the door and walking back to his office. Rather than worrying about how the papers might skew the public opinion, he really should figure out how to deal with the targeted gang activities between the Romanos and Sullivans.

The past few incidents, including the shoot-out from the night before, were ample opportunity for gathering evidence against both groups…but against the Romano family especially. There were several accounts from civilians of members of the Romanos being present and involved in the violence. But everything was still too circumstantial to carry out an effective warrant of arrest against the head of the family. And Vincent Romano was the only man that Jon wanted to see behind bars. Or killed.

The lieutenant stared down at his hand, which was reached out to grasp the handle of his office door. No, it wasn’t his place to punish the man for his crimes. There was no room in his position for personal vendettas. Lieutenant Xin opened the door and took a step into his office. He heard a polite cough behind him.
“Sir?”
“Yes.”
“Lieutenant Garths would like to speak with you.”
“Ah, yes. Yes, of course.” Lieutenant Xin smiled widely, his eyes glittered darkly behind his glasses. “Tell Garths I’ll be with him…soon.”
“Of course.” The secretary nodded and left.​
She pretended not to hear the door slamming shut as she turned the corner at the end of the hall.

Sinead Sullivan
23238119004_748af6041e_b-jpg.325389
Sinead was feeling a little more optimistic as she decided to have a long walk home. She'd managed to get some potential leads on places looking for singers or pianists and she'd managed to secure a couple of one-off gigs, including one tomorrow. Her breakfast with Angel had perhaps also added to her feeling a little more upbeat. As she walked, she had her spirits temporarily dampened when Detective Edwards approached her. It was bad enough that Sergeant Hunter was often on her back trying to squeeze information out of her, but the Detective's calmer yet colder nature seemed more intimidating to her. No matter how much she brushed off his questions, he persisted.

"Come on, Miss Sullivan. I've heard from others that you're a morally upstanding citizen and I believe if you are truly innocent then you would help protect this city. But, the club you sing in has now been attacked twice and your own apartment destroyed. Dead bodies seem to surround you these days. If I didn't know better, I'd say you were the cause," he noted. Seeing she was going to remain silent, he shrugged his shoulders. He knew she was innocent in this, but if he could get her to say anything that would implicate the Romanos or the Sullivans, it was worth a shot. "I'll be watching you," he said, likely an empty threat.

"Unless you're watching me sing, I believe that can be considered harassment, Detective. I will report you, if that's the case," she remarked, then brushed past him to continue on her way.

When Sinead arrived home, she saw Conor, Lucy and James all sat talking. It was clearly about the previous night and no doubt they were planning something, but she really didn't want to hear it. Not that they would have included her in the conversation anyway. She was about to head to the back study and dust off the piano to get some practice in. Before she had chance, James called her over and told her where she could find the bucket so she could wash his car. With a groan, she went out to clean James' precious car. She didn't really mind as it got her away from their conversation and outside where she could daydream in peace.

Emmet Sullivan
At the lack of answers, Emmet grew frustrated, standing in front of the Garden of Eden with a thoughtful look on his face. Earlier in the morning like this, he watched as people entered and exited, eyes trailing reoccurring figures. Finally he sighed, turning to Shannon.
"Get in the car." He asked, though in his voice was a hint of a command. Leaning over, he kissed her on the cheek, retreating into the back alley alone, mind swirling.
Moments later, he returned to the car wordlessly, starting it and driving off.
Moments later came screams, and dozens of people fled from Giovanni's restaurant, flames bursting from the windows, lapping at the walls of the building. Around them was screaming, but Emmet just smiled, pulling his lighter from his pocket and lighting a cigarette, arm out the window letting the smoke dance towards the chaos he left behind him.

Emmet was careful to take the way around the house when he and Shannon returned home, parking the car back in the old shed and hanging the keys where they'd been before. He extended a hand to Shannon.
"We're home, love." He made no mention of the deed he'd done, though he knew Shannon was well aware of what had happened. Emmet cared not this time if he killed anyone in that building, though he'd been careful to cover his tracks setting the fire. Walking hand in hand with his wife, Emmet opened the door to their home, ready to face his family and let go of the paint that had been clouding his mind lately.
I need a drink, he thought.
Spotting Conor and James, Emmet turned away, figuring whatever came next would most definitely require a strong drink in his right hand. Returning to a liquor cabinet with failing resources, he drained yet another bottle of whiskey, watching the last drops of amber liquid fall into his glass before sighing and setting the empty bottle on the table nearby.
Shedding his suit jacket, he stood in front of James and Conor, a crooked frown on his face.
"I'm sure you both know I'm very unhappy with the recent occurrences. I've.... ahem... caused a small disturbance on the Romano side of town. But I'm sure you both are well aware that won't be sufficient."
Misty Gray Misty Gray

The Sullivans
Shannon had returned to the car when Emmet had told her to. She knew he wasn't done with the restaurant, but his tone told her to just do as he said on this occasion. She remained patiently waiting in the passenger seat of the car until her husband returned. She glanced into the rear view mirror to see Giovanni's business on fire and then looked to Emmet as he lit a cigarette. It was clear what he'd done and she didn't feel the need to mention it during the drive home. It was something, but Vinnie, Giovanni and the rest of the Romanos were still unharmed, unlike her family.

When they entered the house, Shannon let Emmet walk off to get himself a drink. She wished she could make him feel better, but right now she knew only revenge on Vinnie would do that. She looked to the three who were sat in the lounge. She gave James and Lucy a warm smile before looking to Conor who she hadn't seen since before the previous night's troubles. "Glad to see you out of jail...again," she told him, softly running her hand along his bruised jaw. She knew her kids were tough, but it still didn't stop her from worrying about them. She then sat down on an empty seat and lit herself a cigarette, so she could listen to the conversation she could see coming.

When Emmet returned to address Conor and James, the latter got up from his seat and placed both hands in his back trouser pockets. A twisted smile appeared on his lips as the boss made clear he wanted a greater retaliation to be inflicted on the Romanos. "Well, Mr. Sullivan... It just so happens I've got a plan which could prove sufficient." He paused, glancing to Conor to see if he was going to speak up. When he didn't, James continued. "It's Vinnie's birthday tomorrow and a surprise party has been arranged for him at the Grand Hotel. I was planning on surprising him with a few gifts," he said, glancing down to the gun he'd left on the coffee table. "I know how and when to do it. They won't even see us coming, because we'll already be there and we'll be firing from a distance. I've already had a couple of friends check in to two rooms at the hotel for the next two nights and they'll be handing the keys over to us. They've already taken firearms to the rooms in a suitcase. My plan is to go up to the rooms earlier in the day, before security is beefed up around the hotel entrances." He removed a folded up piece of paper from his back pocket and tossed it onto the coffee table. "I've been given some hotel floor plans and know the fastest escape route without being seen." James then shrugged his shoulders as he tried to gauge his boss' thoughts. "I'm willing to take a risk for this. The minute they involved Sinead and Lucy, they invited this onto themselves."

Foxy Foxy Bellz Bellz
Enzyme Enzyme

Chapter 4: Happy Birthday, Mr. Romano
Tuesday 4th September 1948
Evening – Chilly, dry, clear skies
********************************​

The Grand Hotel

Leo Davide
actor-chace-crawford.png

Leo had been rushing around the hotel since the morning, trying to balance his own duties with the voluntary duties of ensuring Vinnie’s party was going to run smoothly. He’d given his staff the instructions for them to stick to the evening’s timetable. Dinner would commence at 7.30pm, with the pianist playing throughout. Then 9pm there would be a dance before the band played on stage until the end. The pianist had arrived early, with one of the team showing her to the piano and ensuring she had everything she needed. The guests were expected to start arriving by 7pm.

When a group of Romano heavies arrived to guard the entrance of the hotel, Leo had at first been reluctant to allow it, but this was Romano’s hotel and he would want to know it was secure. With the boss’ family, friends and associates all attending, it was sensible to ensure those attending the party were actually welcome there. After coming to terms with the fact the group of armed men were staying in the hotel lobby, Leo returned into the party hall to ensure everything looked good. The pianist was warming up and had been given sets of music sheets to play in a specific order. She was a replacement for the usual lady they had, but it sounded good so he didn’t need to pester her.

Sinead Sullivan

15001443764726.jpg Capture.PNG
When Sinead had been looking for work the previous day, it had come about that there was a one-off gig filling in for a pianist who was due to play at some birthday party. It wasn’t until after she’d jumped at the chance to accept the offer that she had been handed the address to what she knew was a hotel belonging to Vinnie. It was a risk, but she still decided to take it, figuring it would just be some routine party which the hotel always ran.

Earlier in the afternoon, she had one of her father’s drivers take her to her friend’s house where she spent some time catching up and getting dressed up for her job at the hotel. Although she wasn’t as worried as she should have been, she made sure to pin her hair up and wear a hat to ensure she wasn’t recognised by anyone at the hotel.

Once she’d walked to the hotel, Sinead was shown by one of the female staff to the piano that was tucked away nicely in the corner of the hall, by the stage. It wasn’t until she was sat at the piano and handed the song sheets that she was told she was playing for Vincenzo Romano’s birthday party. Once she was alone to practice, Sinead felt tense, her hands shaking as she realised what she was doing. Against her better judgement, she decided against fleeing and would instead play in the corner of the room. Vinnie had ruined her chance at the Jazz Club, so she’d be damned if she ran away from doing what made her happy. Even if she was about to be sitting so close to the largest congregation of the enemy she thought possible. She’d always had a dangerous streak in her, but the shock of the last few days had taken it all out of her. Somehow, if she could get through this night, it would prove to her that she wasn’t as weak as she often felt.

Chicago Police Department

Detective Edwards
Capture.PNG
Steven entered the building, the speed and power of his steps making it clear he was unhappy. It didn’t matter how many businesses were burned or how many men murdered, the public still refused to speak up. It angered him that they were calling for the CPD to stop the gangster problem whilst refusing to give evidence against the scum responsible. If he weren’t a God-fearing man, he’d gladly arrange for both gangs to be in a room together and let them all kill each other.

After taking a deep breath and holding back his irritation, he approached Lieutenant Xin. “Good evening, Lieutenant,” he pleasantly greeted him. “How are you doing? Is Romano behind bars yet?” he sarcastically asked.

Trignome Trignome

The Romanos House

eye-candy-josh-brolin-4.jpg
As it was his birthday, Vinnie had decided to forget about business for the day and had spent all day relaxing at home with his family. Gianna had told him they were going to the hotel for a quiet family mean in the evening, suggesting it would just be his wife and kids. On this one day, he decided not to overthink things and just leave it to his family to have sorted it out.

Once Vinnie was dressed and ready, he waited by the door for Gianna and his four kids to leave for the hotel. Despite this being advertised as a quiet family meal, Vinnie still made sure to have two guns on him at all times.

Fortuna, Angel, Lloyd, Michael and Kate had all already received invites to the party, obviously asked to keep it secret from Vinnie. It would be likely they arrived at the hotel before Vinnie and family...

sprouhtt sprouhtt Foxy Foxy Mooriot Mooriot neverbackdown neverbackdown Ineptitude Ineptitude Enzyme Enzyme Thatoneflawedhero Thatoneflawedhero

Last edited:
wpid-selena-gomez-red-carpet-dresses-tumblr-2016-2017-18.jpg
Alex had spent most of that morning helping out at the hotel to prepare the ball room for her fathers birthday. She was excited for tonight, it wasnt very often that her and her siblings were all out together and she knew most of the family friends would be there tonight as well. Her fathers birthdays were usually good fun and she suspected that tonight would be no different. Alex returned home at about 4pm and went straight to her room to have a shower, once out she dried and curled her hair before going to her wardrobe to find something to wear. While Alex rarely wore dresses or skirts, her mother insisted that a Lady should have some nice clothes for special occasions and Alex was glad that she had said that. Deciding that tonight was a good enough occasion, she picked out her red short dress and a pair of black heels to go with it. She felt a little odd without her black boots but she brushed of that feeling as she applied her makeup. Once Alex was ready she grabbed her bag , it was her usual day to day bag but she didnt mind that it wasnt dressy as it had all her relevant items in it such as her cigarettes, lighter, some makeup and her knive just incase something happened. Alex walked downstairs to find her dad waiting beside the front door, she presumed her siblings were still getting ready "Happy birthday Daddy" she said as she walked over to him and gave him a hug, she was careful not to press her wounded arm into him.

Misty Gray Misty Gray sprouhtt sprouhtt Foxy Foxy Mooriot Mooriot

Vincenzo Romano

eye-candy-josh-brolin-4-jpg.332446

Vinnie watched as Alex approached him and faintly smiled as he noticed how much effort she'd put into getting dressed up. His daughter always looked nice, but he was so used to seeing her dressed more casually and in trousers. The dress could have done to be a little longer, but he decided to let it go given that he knew where she was going this evening so would be in safe company. Maybe she would even find a nice young man at the meal - he even knew of an Italian waiter at his hotel who would be perfect. He returned her hug, mindful of her injured arm, and placed a kiss on her forehead. "Thank you, dear. You look lovely, Alexandra," he told her. "How is your arm feeling, this evening?"

neverbackdown neverbackdown

wpid-selena-gomez-red-carpet-dresses-tumblr-2016-2017-18.jpg
Alex smiled at her father "Thank you, I decided to dress up for a change and shock everyone" Alex laughed, the last time she wore heels and a dress would have been nearly two years ago for her eighteenth birthday. Alex gave a slight smile when he asked about her arm "it's still a bit sore, but nothing I can't manage". Wanting to change the subject she looked around towards the staircase "Is everyone still getting ready?" She asked

Misty Gray Misty Gray
Mentioned: sprouhtt sprouhtt Mooriot Mooriot Foxy Foxy

robeson-paul.jpg

Michael Johnson

At the hotel Michael was sitting down and enjoying wine and reading the newspaper, and it would seem that he would be laughing about something in the newspaper. As he finished laughing he would set the newspaper down and would grab the glass with his wine in it and would drink the rest of it finishing it. As he finished he would take his suitcase up on the table he was sitting near and would open it cleaning the weaponry that was inside. He wouldn't speak much to the others at the party unless someone wanted to talk with him.​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back