• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Answered The notification is not working for me..

ZeeNathan

Shhh! I'm trying to sleep here!
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
I don't know if it's just a problem with my browser or this happened to other people too. For some reason, my notifications didn't work properly. Usually, whenever someone add a new post to the threads I followed, the browser I used would send me a notification and my email would also alert me on that. But now, if someone didn't tag me or mentioned me on their posts, or if someone didn't reacted to my posts, I didn't get any notification. It got me really frustrated when I saw the group rp I played in suddenly has tons of new posts I haven't read. None of them were notified to me. So I had to spend so much time and energy to read through all of them while thinking the best way to figure out how to post my reply afterwards. I planned to keep track on the posts in that rp while being busy with my real life. However, because the notification is not functioning properly, I can't even do that much. Please help me resolve this situation quickly. I don't think I can rest well if this continues, thinking that my rp partners would think that I'm ghosting at them when I clearly did not.

Note: I didn't change anything in my notification settings and I made sure I already followed the threads I wanted.

Unfortunately the alerts system does bug out sometimes. One thing I've noticed is that when you get an alert for a thread, view it in the alerts, and then don't click on it, the system assumes you don't want anymore alerts (unless you've set your preferences so that just viewing alerts doesn't mark them as read). The same thing can happen when you do click on it, read the new posts, but don't notice that the thread has gone to a new page and so you don't read those (this happens to me more than I'd like to admit). And then there are those times when it just borks and stops giving you alerts, and there's no identifiable reason why. By what I've been able to tell, tags always work, even if new posts don't, so there's that?

It can also help if, from time to time, you go to the "Forums" menu at the top and click on "Watched Threads," as that way you can see if there's new posts in the threads you watch. Not a perfect solution but it's what I do when I think of it. The borked alerts seem to be part of the forum software and not something we can adjust ourselves, unfortunately.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back