• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern π•‹π•™π•– π•Ÿπ•šπ•˜π•™π•₯ 𝕀π•₯𝕒𝕣𝕀 𝕗𝕖𝕝𝕝 -- roleplay

Characters
Here

Lex

MOOD: send help metallically
OUTFIT: clothes
TAGS: ditto ditto @thefan1
MENTIONS: Alex, Sam
Lex moved in closer to inspect the buried treasure, which Alex was unearthing at an impressive rate. His heart pounded due to the anticipation of what, if anything, the trio would find. A part of Lex knew that it very well could have been his electromagnetic properties that set off the metal detector, but unfortunately he wasn't nearly well-versed enough in physics to ascertain if that made any sense at all. In fact, they could have coincidentally stumbled upon the treasure right off the bat after all. The chances of that weren't so slim...right?

He bit his lip, squeezing his clammy palms as flecks of dirt flew into the air. The slim possibility that the three truly had come across buried treasure was enough to keep Lex from passing out; if this thing worked out in their favor, they'd be local legends!

The blonde boy smiled timidly at Sam, who once again proved himself as the more animated and expressive of the two. "I really hope so," he remarked casually, praying to whatever god would listen that there was at least something down that hole to save himself the awkwardness of playing stupid. At this rate, Lex was beginning to realize that playing stupid was already a natural gift of his. His eyes wandered down to Sam's hands, which seemed to be holding the metal detector in a rather awkward position. He didn't think much of it, given the fact that just about everything Sam did was awkward.

Then again, who was Lex to talk?

"I mean, I like gemstones..." Lex mumbled, suddenly self-conscious of his previous assertion about diamonds, failing to recognize that he should have been self-conscious of the fact that metal detectors can't pick up diamonds at all.

He felt a pit in his stomach as his two friends reacted to what was inside the hole. Something was off; those weren't the cries of two teenagers that had struck gold. His natural cowardice pressured him not to look at all, but his sick sense of curiosity got the better of him and he peered into the hole.

"Oh..." he muttered, feeling as though his spirit was deflating. He couldn't move his feet nor take his eyes off, as awful as the sight was. "That's really sad..." he stated softly, overcome with sorrow for the carcass they'd uncovered. He ran through just about fifty scenarios about a poor, lost dog or someone's cherished pet before he pulled himself out of it. He didn't really have an idea how to react to this discovery, instead stuck frozen in place as his friends gave much more heightened reactions.

Lex kicked some dirt back into the hole with his foot, hanging his head with shame over not only desecrating a grave and sloppily covering it back up, but also because he hadn't fallen on his butt or screamed or anything. Was that what the dog would have wanted? If Lex was a pile of dog bones, he wouldn't have wanted the people that found him to feel bad, but unfortunately that wasn't a likely case for all ghost doggies watching from above.

And then there was the question of the dog's religious affiliation and whether or not it was watching from above at all, but that's a quandary for another afternoon.

The solemn boy turned around to offer Sam a hand back up. "I don't know... but I wish that hadn't happened." He thought up an idea about how the dog perhaps had a gold tooth and that was what set off the metal detector, but perhaps making that comment would be in poor taste. "Alex, you're strong. Could you, like, pull it off of him or something?" he requested, hesitant to make contact with the erratic machine. He sent the jock a nervous look, uncomfortable with the whole situation.

Lex felt a jolt in his heart after Sam's own request, unsure if relinquishing his metal detector was the best idea. It would look undoubtedly peculiar to have one metal detector ringing like mad and one silent as Lex when called on in class. After all, his should have been the exact same as Sam's, with the exception of the sensitivity cranked all the way down. While that may have defeated the purpose of going metal detecting in the first place, Lex had planned to just pretend as Sam found the real treasure. How was he supposed to know the gung-ho nerd would mess with his settings so much? The frequency or sensitivity or whatever on Sam's must have been completely out of whack.

No, he wasn't to blame... it was stupid of Lex to take this risk at all, given the obvious interactions between his electric abilities and the mechanisms inside the metal detectors. What would Sam think if he noticed Lex's metal detector set specifically to pick up nothing? Thanks to the bones, Lex was 99% sure he'd set off the metal detector after all.

"Y-yeah, sure," he replied, practically forcing the words off of his lips. He held the metal detector out to Sam, praying he was just overreacting and that Sam wouldn't jump to the conclusion that he was a manipulator of electromagnetic waves. Who would care about some stupid sensitivity dial?

Sam. Sam would.

Probably.

Hopefully not.

He left a thin layer of sweat from his clammy hands on the handle. Luckily it wasn't adhesive, so... Sam wouldn't have to deal with weird sticky troubles on both of the tools. He looked his friend in the eye, working mental overtime to come off oblivious. "What do you think's wrong with them?"

code by low fidelity.

Lex moved in closer to inspect the buried treasure, which Alex was unearthing at an impressive rate. His heart pounded due to the anticipation of what, if anything, the trio would find. A part of Lex knew that it very well could have been his electromagnetic properties that set off the metal detector, but unfortunately he wasn't nearly well-versed enough in physics to ascertain if that made any sense at all. In fact, they could have coincidentally stumbled upon the treasure right off the bat after all. The chances of that weren't so slim...right?

He bit his lip, squeezing his clammy palms as flecks of dirt flew into the air. The slim possibility that the three truly had come across buried treasure was enough to keep Lex from passing out; if this thing worked out in their favor, they'd be local legends!

The blonde boy smiled timidly at Sam, who once again proved himself as the more animated and expressive of the two. "I really hope so," he remarked casually, praying to whatever god would listen that there was at least something down that hole to save himself the awkwardness of playing stupid. At this rate, Lex was beginning to realize that playing stupid was already a natural gift of his. His eyes wandered down to Sam's hands, which seemed to be holding the metal detector in a rather awkward position. He didn't think much of it, given the fact that just about everything Sam did was awkward.

Then again, who was Lex to talk?

"I mean, I like gemstones..." Lex mumbled, suddenly self-conscious of his previous assertion about diamonds, failing to recognize that he should have been self-conscious of the fact that metal detectors can't pick up diamonds at all.

He felt a pit in his stomach as his two friends reacted to what was inside the hole. Something was off; those weren't the cries of two teenagers that had struck gold. His natural cowardice pressured him not to look at all, but his sick sense of curiosity got the better of him and he peered into the hole.

"Oh..." he muttered, feeling as though his spirit was deflating. He couldn't move his feet nor take his eyes off, as awful as the sight was. "That's really sad..." he stated softly, overcome with sorrow for the carcass they'd uncovered. He ran through just about fifty scenarios about a poor, lost dog or someone's cherished pet before he pulled himself out of it. He didn't really have an idea how to react to this discovery, instead stuck frozen in place as his friends gave much more heightened reactions.

Lex kicked some dirt back into the hole with his foot, hanging his head with shame over not only desecrating a grave and sloppily covering it back up, but also because he hadn't fallen on his butt or screamed or anything. Was that what the dog would have wanted? If Lex was a pile of dog bones, he wouldn't have wanted the people that found him to feel bad, but unfortunately that wasn't a likely case for all ghost doggies watching from above.

And then there was the question of the dog's religious affiliation and whether or not it was watching from above at all, but that's a quandary for another afternoon.

The solemn boy turned around to offer Sam a hand back up. "I don't know... but I wish that hadn't happened." He thought up an idea about how the dog perhaps had a gold tooth and that was what set off the metal detector, but perhaps making that comment would be in poor taste. "Alex, you're strong. Could you, like, pull it off of him or something?" he requested, hesitant to make contact with the erratic machine. He sent the jock a nervous look, uncomfortable with the whole situation.

Lex felt a jolt in his heart after Sam's own request, unsure if relinquishing his metal detector was the best idea. It would look undoubtedly peculiar to have one metal detector ringing like mad and one silent as Lex when called on in class. After all, his should have been the exact same as Sam's, with the exception of the sensitivity cranked all the way down. While that may have defeated the purpose of going metal detecting in the first place, Lex had planned to just pretend as Sam found the real treasure. How was he supposed to know the gung-ho nerd would mess with his settings so much? The frequency or sensitivity or whatever on Sam's must have been completely out of whack.

No, he wasn't to blame... it was stupid of Lex to take this risk at all, given the obvious interactions between his electric abilities and the mechanisms inside the metal detectors. What would Sam think if he noticed Lex's metal detector set specifically to pick up nothing? Thanks to the bones, Lex was 99% sure he'd set off the metal detector after all.

"Y-yeah, sure," he replied, practically forcing the words off of his lips. He held the metal detector out to Sam, praying he was just overreacting and that Sam wouldn't jump to the conclusion that he was a manipulator of electromagnetic waves. Who would care about some stupid sensitivity dial?

Sam. Sam would.

Probably.

Hopefully not.

He left a thin layer of sweat from his clammy hands on the handle. Luckily it wasn't adhesive, so... Sam wouldn't have to deal with weird sticky troubles on both of the tools. He looked his friend in the eye, working mental overtime to come off oblivious. "What do you think's wrong with them?"

1d9ddc4dfa15f4f6652cd2d085e647fb3e59314c.gif
HELLO
MY NAME IS
LUCI0
The alleyway led Lucio into a neglected square courtyard, littered with crates, boxes and trash cans stacked piled against the walls, and patches of dark overgrown grass and weeds, some stretching out from cracks on the ground. He tried opening one door of the building, but it was locked. Then he went over to the tall chain link fence that led into another mouth of an alleyway, but the single door was locked with a thick padlock on the other side, and the top of the fence was covered with rusty barbed wires.

Shit...

Lucio shook the chain-link door twice, hoping to loosen the padlock, but it didn’t budge one bit. He silently wished his powers could make him change into some kind of smoky shadow and pass through the diamond-shaped spaces. Even if he could, the anxiety rising swelling in his chest was preventing him from doing so. He glanced over his shoulder and noticed Aria had caught up with him in the courtyard.

Shit, shit…

β€œAria, please. I... Look, just stay away from me,” Lucio insisted harshly, β€œI can’t be near you right now.”

He sidestepped around toward the alleyway opening that he first came to, keeping his back facing the walls, adding distance from her whenever she got closer. Distract her with words until he sees the chance to bolt out of here, that’s what he was trying to do.

away…

A sudden uncomfortable pulse like hot flashes washed under his skin as Aria approached him.

No! He mentally restrained his Shadow in its place (whatever that was), feeling cold sweat trickle down the back of his neck. He didn’t want another Gio and Tank incident. That previous thought couldn’t have been entirely his, he was sure of it. He would never think of Aria as any kind of threat to him.

But for some reason, the other guy did.

Mention: Aria Winona Winona

Aster

MOOD: well that's news to me
OUTFIT: clothes
TAGS: ditto ditto
MENTIONS: n/a
A pained look swept across Aster’s face. Just take the apology and let me move on with my life... If that wasn’t enough, nature’s way of apologizing took over as his cheeks burned red. β€œHeh heh, alright,” he answered halfheartedly. It would have been less humiliating had Brahm just nodded and accepted it. After all, he wasn’t all that sorry, but it would do neither or them any good if he couldn’t at least act a little sincere. And to be sincere, Aster wouldn’t apologize for attacking his new ally. He would never regret his wariness of Brahm’s fear-striking gaze in that tense moment.

When Brahm's hand met his shoulder, Aster became very tempted to retreat into himself and never return to this whatever's-the-opposite-of-rose-tinted reality. He hated when people did that. Patronize him. Because he used to be much more of a moody, unmotivated... and kind of an aloof asshole. That, and he was the short boy for years and years, so as an adult at 5'10 he was mortified to still feel like the 5'3 emo kid he was when he was thirteen years old.

And Brahm was doing that voice in his head no favors, standing all straight and talking like his dad used to when he was twelve. "Way to go, kiddo!" Ugh. "Chin up, champ!" Seriously? No, Dad, heating up lasagna isn't cause for a giant celebration and the fact that you're making a big deal over me leaving my room just makes it more obvious something's wrong.

God, Aster did not miss middle and high school.

"Thanks," he replied flatly, unable to fully meet Brahm's eyes. Upon realizing his mistake, he forced a smile after he was finished repeating the tired-out advice about confidence he'd been hearing for the past ten years of his life. "I'll do my best," he stated more confidently, jumping a tad when Brahm's hand landed on his shoulder again. Right. I won't be a crack and break your cliff, Abraham. The last thing any of us want is to be held back. Don't you know I get that?

He chuckled softly to himself as Brahm backed away towards the door. Fearmonger... not bad. He remained at a distance from the man until he motioned for him to come closer, once again letting allowing his face to showcase all of his concern clearly. He really had to work on hiding things from this guy.

"What!? You can what?" he hissed with disbelief, swiftly entering close quarters with Brahm again. No one was around, but it felt wrong to be discussing this in anything above a murmur.

β€œYa know what that means, don’t you?”

"No, I don't know."

"Ya drain the life from 'em."

Aster's keen curiosity twisted into apprehension as Brahm spoke. The color drained from his face as he stared back, unsure what he was supposed to say to that. Suddenly, he felt like the most fortunate man in the world to be on this guy's side. He was already a little spooked by the blonde man in front of him, but this subtle offering made him want to bolt out of that apartment and never look back. And Aster was sure that wasn't the last of horrifying facts Brahm was keeping from him.

He always knew he would have to sacrifice a part of himself to pursue this power, but it never really occurred to him just how far he would go for it. He wanted to get stronger... a lot. But resorting to that was enough to make him shit himself had he eaten that morning. It wasn't that Aster was particularly bound by any strict moral code, but to really go out and do... that? Would he have the strength of heart to follow through with it?

No. Would he have the strength of heart to take this on with Brahm? Who was really depending on who was questionable, but the bottom line was that Aster had suddenly been plunged so deep, he may never return to himself again. And here he was thinking the powers had already changed him for good a year ago.

"Th-that's... w-well, I don't doubt you," he stammered, composing himself enough to finally make eye contact, "It's just..." He pretended to be finding the right words, but he knew exactly what needed to be asked. "How bad do you want this?"

"Because... I said I would do whatever it takes. A-and I would, but..."
This time he really was at a loss for words, looking around and staring contemplatively at the ceiling before coming to a conclusion. "Well, if it I had to... I mean... I don't care if that makes me a terrible person. But, you know, easier said than done."

He lifted his head and straightened his posture, a desperate plea for help hiding behind his shaky voice. "I don't know about you, but I want this. A whole fucking lot."

code by low fidelity.

A pained look swept across Aster’s face. Just take the apology and let me move on with my life... If that wasn’t enough, nature’s way of apologizing took over as his cheeks burned red. β€œHeh heh, alright,” he answered halfheartedly. It would have been less humiliating had Brahm just nodded and accepted it. After all, he wasn’t all that sorry, but it would do neither or them any good if he couldn’t at least act a little sincere. And to be sincere, Aster wouldn’t apologize for attacking his new ally. He would never regret his wariness of Brahm’s fear-striking gaze in that tense moment.

When Brahm's hand met his shoulder, Aster became very tempted to retreat into himself and never return to this whatever's-the-opposite-of-rose-tinted reality. He hated when people did that. Patronize him. Because he used to be much more of a moody, unmotivated... and kind of an aloof asshole. That, and he was the short boy for years and years, so as an adult at 5'10 he was mortified to still feel like the 5'3 emo kid he was when he was thirteen years old.

And Brahm was doing that voice in his head no favors, standing all straight and talking like his dad used to when he was twelve. "Way to go, kiddo!" Ugh. "Chin up, champ!" Seriously? No, Dad, heating up lasagna isn't cause for a giant celebration and the fact that you're making a big deal over me leaving my room just makes it more obvious something's wrong.

God, Aster did not miss middle and high school.

"Thanks," he replied flatly, unable to fully meet Brahm's eyes. Upon realizing his mistake, he forced a smile after he was finished repeating the tired-out advice about confidence he'd been hearing for the past ten years of his life. "I'll do my best," he stated more confidently, jumping a tad when Brahm's hand landed on his shoulder again. Right. I won't be a crack and break your cliff, Abraham. The last thing any of us want is to be held back. Don't you know I get that?

He chuckled softly to himself as Brahm backed away towards the door. Fearmonger... not bad. He remained at a distance from the man until he motioned for him to come closer, once again letting allowing his face to showcase all of his concern clearly. He really had to work on hiding things from this guy.

"What!? You can what?" he hissed with disbelief, swiftly entering close quarters with Brahm again. No one was around, but it felt wrong to be discussing this in anything above a murmur.

β€œYa know what that means, don’t you?”

"No, I don't know."

"Ya drain the life from 'em."

Aster's keen curiosity twisted into apprehension as Brahm spoke. The color drained from his face as he stared back, unsure what he was supposed to say to that. Suddenly, he felt like the most fortunate man in the world to be on this guy's side. He was already a little spooked by the blonde man in front of him, but this subtle offering made him want to bolt out of that apartment and never look back. And Aster was sure that wasn't the last of horrifying facts Brahm was keeping from him.

He always knew he would have to sacrifice a part of himself to pursue this power, but it never really occurred to him just how far he would go for it. He wanted to get stronger... a lot. But resorting to that was enough to make him shit himself had he eaten that morning. It wasn't that Aster was particularly bound by any strict moral code, but to really go out and do... that? Would he have the strength of heart to follow through with it?

No. Would he have the strength of heart to take this on with Brahm? Who was really depending on who was questionable, but the bottom line was that Aster had suddenly been plunged so deep, he may never return to himself again. And here he was thinking the powers had already changed him for good a year ago.

"Th-that's... w-well, I don't doubt you," he stammered, composing himself enough to finally make eye contact, "It's just..." He pretended to be finding the right words, but he knew exactly what needed to be asked. "How bad do you want this?"

"Because... I said I would do whatever it takes. A-and I would, but..."
This time he really was at a loss for words, looking around and staring contemplatively at the ceiling before coming to a conclusion. "Well, if it I had to... I mean... I don't care if that makes me a terrible person. But, you know, easier said than done."

He lifted his head and straightened his posture, a desperate plea for help hiding behind his shaky voice. "I don't know about you, but I want this. A whole fucking lot."

there is not
always a good guy

nor is there
always a bad one

most people are
somewhere in between

BRAHM LOVELESS
Mood
β€’ Casually chattin' β€’

Mentions
β€’ N/A β€’

Interactions
β€’ Aster β€’

Tags
β€’ hery hery β€’

Aster’s answer seemed to be satisfactory to the tall, blonde man, and he took a step back, grinning and nodding. β€œWe seem ta be on tha same page, my friend,” Brahm said approvingly. β€œYain’t got nothin’ ta worry about from me.”

He leaned his back against the door, as if he wasn’t worried in the least about anyone walking in. β€œAh want this a hellovalot more than Ah’ve ever wanted anythin’ else.” He grinned, crossing his arms across his chest. β€œPower, power, power…,” he hummed, eyes scanning the room. β€œAin’t that all what we’re after, anyway?”

His eyes went back to Aster. Brahm studied the other man for a moment, though he didn’t seem to have any particular reason why he would be looking at him. β€œDifferent forms, different paths, but alla it leads to us wantin’ more ’n more ’n more…power, right?”

His question seemed to be rhetorical.

He stood straight from leaning on the door, walking into the bathroom to the left as if he owned the apartment. He walked to the counter, grasping the underside of it and placing his palms atop it as he turned his head to meet his gaze in the mirror. He peered into his blue eyes for a moment, turning his head slightly so that a lock of his blonde hair fell onto his forehead.

His voice echoed through the small room as he spoke. β€œβ€™n, besides…we’re told our whole laaves that bein’ selfish makes ya bad…that bein’ selfish makes ya morally wrong ’n that somethin’ ain’t right in yer head if all yer out for is yerself.” He reached his left hand up, grabbing onto the small handle on the off-white cabinet that the mirror was mounted on. β€œBut tell me...” He tugged the cabinet open, grinning as he saw that it was entirely empty. β€œWhat’s wrong with a little egoism?”

He slammed the cabinet suddenly, and the loud sound made him laugh softly.

He turned around, squatting slightly so as to be able to lean against the counter. β€œWhat’s wrong with deviatin’ from tha norm, with destroyin’ every notion that’s been placed in the minds of the mindless everywhere?” he said in his slow, heavily-accented, low-pitched voice. β€œWhat’s wrong with takin’ tha power that’s there and makin’ it yer own, huh?” He leaned his head back, looking up at the ceiling. He spotted another spider, and he chuckled softly. β€œAh say, ain’t nothin’.”

He pushed out from the counter, taking a few slow steps back toward the door. He gripped the top of the doorframe in both of his hands, leaning his weight forward and looking out at Aster. β€œAin’t nothin’ wrong with that,” he said determinately, grinning. β€œAin’t nothin’ wrong with takin’ yer opp’rtunities ’n runnin' with β€˜em, hightailin' it as they chase ya ’n never givin' up.” He dropped his arms, crossing them and leaning against the side of door frame. β€œAin’t nothin’ wrong self-servin’, as long as you know where yer goinβ€™β€”β€œ He met Aster’s eyes. β€œβ€™n you know where yer goin’, right?”

To answer his own question, he walked up to Aster again, grinning down at him. β€œUp,” he stated. β€œYer goin’ up, Ah’m goin’ up.” He put a hand to his chest. β€œWe’re a team now, you know…” He dropped his hand, chuckling slightly despite the seriousness of the words that he was saying. β€œβ€¦but that don’t mean nothin’.”

He took a step back towards the door. β€œWe’re a team now, but we’re both out fer ourselves.” He leaned his back against it, crossing his ankles casually. β€œWe’re goin’ ta be usin’ each otherβ€” we’re goin’ ta be steppin' on each other’s heels so we can climb to tha top.” He shrugged, chuckling. β€œBein’ tagether ’n workin’ tagether don’t mean succeedin’ tagether.”

He met Aster’s eyes again, grinning in his toothy way. β€œβ€™n yet, Ah’m lookin’ forward to tha future.” He sounded genuine. β€œTa workin’ with ya.” He uncrossed his arms. β€œTa seein' where we can take ourselves.”

He stood back up from the door once more. β€œBesides…,” he began, extending an arm to pat on Aster’s shoulder, β€œsharin’ this with ya is tha least Ah can do.” He gave his shoulder a pat, grinning and laughing. He gave Aster a wink. β€œAfter all, Ah do owe ya just a little.”

He let the air rest for a moment before stepping back toward the door, sure not to turn his back on Aster.

He put his hand on the handle. β€œMaybe we should get goin’,” he suggested. β€œOur laundry should be done purdy soon, huh?”

code by ditto (head empty go bonk)

fillerfillerfillfillerfillerfillerlerfilelifr 2:45 PM fillerfillerfillerfillerfillerfillerfillerfilr
Camila
INTERACTIONS

Val

MENTIONS

N/A

TAGS

@Soap

"Stop! Just fucking stop."

At Val's harsh words, Cam jumped in her seat. Her hand holding the coffee cup jerked and hot tea spilled out over the top, splattering across the countertop and onto Cam's hand. She recoiled instinctively, shaking the hot liquid from her hand and then holding it close to her chest as she looked towards Val, eyebrows drawn together.

How could she just-- she couldn't just know...

Her eyebrows were drawn together, her suspicions etched across her face as she turned in the stool and hopped down to go and retrieve a washcloth to clean up the spilled tea.

Cam's thoughts were churning a million miles a minute as she headed back into the kitchen. She was pulling open one of the drawers to fetch a dishtowel when Val spoke up again.

"... I-- When did all of this start? How long have you been searching for her?"

Her blood turned to ice and her skin turned cold. Her head was pounding and her lungs felt as if they were constricting -- because how did Val know that? How did Val know that she was searching for her?

The simple question could've meant any number of hers, but Cam knew which one Val was talking about -- the most illogical her that was out there.

Their mother.

Illogical because their mother was dead.

There was no finding her, because her corpse had been placed in a freaking coffin and buried six feet under. Val had seen it. Cam had seen it. There was no finding her, because she was dead. Dead, dead, dead. And they both knew where she was buried, so it wasn't even a matter of Cam trying to find where she was buried or something else like that.

The only kind of finding her that Cam could do was find her spirit, her ghost, which is what she was doing.

"Mom is dead," Cam snapped, her voice edged with ice as she snatched out a washcloth and slammed the drawer shut. She turned to face Val, her eyes narrowing as she did so. "But you know that -- obviously. So what do you mean 'how long have I been searching for her'?" Cam questioned as she started walking back towards her sister.

She stayed on the opposite edge of the counter as she used the washcloth to sop up the spilled tea.

"You can't find dead people, Val."

Her voice was tense. Testing.

Because you actually can. But Val doesn't know that, does she?

code by ditto (head empty go bonk)

• David DeVacui

interactions:
    N/A

mentions:
    N/A

tags:
    N/A

mood:
    Work Mode

outfit:
    EMT Uniform

David swore softly under his breath and popped the handle of the back of the ambulance. The doors swung outward and David was running before he could register that he jumped out the back of the vehicle before it could stop. Ignoring the calls of his partner from the back of the ambulance. The man's focus was locked on the small group gathered on the opposite end of the soccer field. He cursed his driver for refusing to off road it and started to run faster. Unconsciously, Dave's powers kicked in, reducing the weight of the heavy medical duffle slung across his back to just a few grams. He had to mentally restrain himself from just teleporting to the figure laying on the ground. Now that he was closer, He could see that there was a small group of teenagers in a semi circle around the teen on the ground. All eyes were watching him, pleading silently for him to help.

David slung the bag on the grass next to him as he dropped to his knees next to the boy on the ground. The bag bounced gently and hung in the air, only settling to the grass when David adjusted the density back to normal. He was only partially aware of the group talking to him all at once. He tuned them out and focused on the boy in front of him.
    He was wearing athletic clothing that was absolutely covered in blood. As Dave looked him over he grew more and more bewildered. This kid was mangled in a way that he had only ever seen in high speed car accidents. The kid was out cold, thankfully, but he was bleeding from a cut on his forehead. David knew not to move him, his partner was on his way with a gurney to keep him immobilized in case of a neck injury. With any luck, his injuries were gnarly but not life threatening.

A few minutes later the other two EMT's came huffing and puffing across the field. His partner got on the ground across from him and started to help while the driver started to finally listening to the group. Snippets of what they were saying would pierce in concentration.

"I don't know man, One minute we were playing soccer, the next he was screaming and bleeding all over the grass. He passed out right before you guys showed up"

"No no, it was Tom, he tripped him...has anyone seen Tom?"

"Dude, I was in front of him! I know what I saw. He vanished! I was blocking him one second, he got around me and when I turned he, blipped here!"

Guys! Really! Where is Tom?"

"No NO NO, he's right. Riley had the ball so I was watching him. It was like something smeared him across the ground!"

It wasn't long until the police finally showed up to take control of the crowd while Dave and his partner loaded the kid on the gurney. The driver had went back to drive the ambulance across the field to meet them. While Riley was loaded into the back, Dave finished gathering their supplies off the grass and stuffing it back in his duffle. When he rose to his feet, he briefly lost hi footing on something slick in the grass. With that, David was finally able to fully take in his surroundings. All around him, soaking into the ground, was blood. His brow furrowed as he ran his hand along the bottom of his duffle. The nylon had droplets beading on the bottom. David took one more glance around before his partner called for him to hurry up. David turned and jogged towards the ambulance, slamming the door behind him when he jumped inside.

❝

Go ask your questions like; What makes a man?

❞

β™‘design by yourlocal-eboyy, coded by uxieβ™‘

Users who are viewing this thread

Back