• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Next Alice [Main Thread]

Characters
Here

calypso

fairest
e171752592cbd9848516550fe072a6aa.jpg

Welcome, models! You've finally made it to New York, but your journey is just starting. You'll be settling into your new room at our luxurious penthouse with the other models, and getting ready to become the face of primetime for the next few weeks.

Are you the Next Alice?

Arrival
[class=picture] position: relative; display: inline-block; [/class] [class=text] position: absolute; width: 100%; height: 100%; top: 0; left: 0; opacity: 0; background-color: rgba(0,0,0,0.2); color: white; z-index: 2; [/class] [class name=text state=hover] opacity: 1; [/class] [div class=picture] [div class=text]
"Welcome to Wonderland!"​

with:
tags: erzulie erzulie horrorshow horrorshow Kipsy Kipsy apolla apolla Stardust Galaxy Stardust Galaxy zippy zippy OSWonder OSWonder JustJazzy JustJazzy Bhlow Bhlow
Welcome to the penthouse, models!

The many contestants have been long since selected for the competition, but are just now arriving at the famous 'Penthouse' for filming and the actual challenges. All cellular devices have been confiscated beforehand, and replaced with much simpler and more restricted devices. Can't have the secrets of the contest broadcasted out before the episode airs the next day!

The models all arrive at different intervals, and are lead to a confessional-like booth. In there, they're instructed to introduce themselves, and give any information they deem vital for the audience to know. After all, getting the approval of the people always means you'll do better in the competition. If you're smart, you'll know the dangerous and sassy type tends to pull ahead in the polls!

After filming their short introduction, models will be allowed to roam about the house to discover others and prepare for the first challenge. After the first night, then the real fun will begin.

[/div][/div]
codedbycrucialstar | hidden scroll

Ana Oprea
[class=picture] position: relative; display: inline-block; [/class] [class=text] position: absolute; width: 100%; height: 100%; top: 0; left: 0; opacity: 0; background-color: rgba(0,0,0,0.2); color: white; z-index: 2; [/class] [class name=text state=hover] opacity: 1; [/class] [div class=picture] [div class=text]
"Are we live?"​

with: N/A
tags:

"Oh, is this thing on?"

"Yes ma'am, whenever you're ready, just start talking. All the basic information, you know the drill."

---------

"
Hello, my name is Ana Oprea. I am from Bucharest, Romania, and I have come to win the competition. Growing up, my mother constantly encouraged me to do my best in life, and together we have left poverty behind. Back in Romania, me and the other children at school would gather around the one T.V we had after the classes had ended, and watch the competition. The program encouraged me to become a model, and I have been working on that dream ever since. Obviously, I have been successful, but I have not reached the top yet. Becoming the next Alice is the ultimate goal, and I will not be letting anyone get in my way."

---------

Reaching up, Ana pinched the small microphone that was clipped to her shirt away from herself. A hustling crew member bustled over, removing the wire completely so the young model could stand up. They didn't have all day, and more contestants were soon to arrive. Stepping out from the filming booth, loud heels clicked as Ana stepped across the foyer of the penthouse. The booth was set up right at the front entrance, as the contestants surely wouldn't miss it. A good introduction was necessary to grow a fanbase.

Even if Ana lied in hers. Who was going to know? Surely no one important.

Letting out a loud huff, the young model turned on her heels and marched onward towards the kitchen. All the while, her quick and brief introduction replayed in her head. She was cold, but not cold enough to come off as a total bitch. No, she hopefully sounded determined and focused. Those types of girls got the most attention from the audience, for some reason. She didn't care much for the explanation behind why people enjoyed certain personalities on T.V more, but she surely didn't mind benefiting from it.

Pausing, she stood in front of the fridge now. No doubt it'd be stocked full of just about every expensive food and liquor item one could think of, but she couldn't exactly afford to eat much at the moment. The producers knew it too. That the models here would rather starve themselves than take part in a little more indulgence than normal. It was a temptation for the weaker contestants, and she wasn't one of them.

So instead, she snatched out a bottle of water and turned to peer around the room. The kitchen was open and connected to the main living room, the large glass walls showing off the pool and hot tub outside. A frown slipped over her lips, but she didn't let it linger. Those pools were known for catching any contestants who thought romance would boost their ratings. Make out sessions often occurred in the bubbling water, and Ana wasn't too fond of possibly catching anything that lingered in the water.

No, she'd simply wait for more models to arrive. She needed to size up her competition, anyway.
[/div][/div]

Kiara Zabielski

"Hey, guys! Welcome to my world-- ha ha, just kidding. There will, of course, be others here. But it's no secret that you love me, so why try to hide it? And for those few of you who don't know me, I go by Kiki, and trust me-- you'll know my name and face soon. Ciao!"

Kiara blew a kiss into the camera, then shot a look at the man behind the camera. He hustled over to remove the microphone from Kiara's chest, and she stood. Once it was gone, she left the greeting area and headed into the main home, glad her fake ass introduction was over. Years of modeling had taken its toll on the blonde, and though she could still take an amazing picture, she grew tired of the life at times.

Her heels made an obvious clicking noise as she stepped onto the hardwood floors, announcing her presence to anyone else who may be there. Her things should have already been delivered, though she'd have to check on that in a few minutes. Being in a strange place wasn't new to her, nor was being surrounded by other models.

She was completely in her comfort zone. And that's why she would win.

Stepping into the doorway to the kitchen, Kiki noticed another person in her peripheral vision. Turning her head, she sized up the woman immediately, her lips pursing slightly. She noticed the bottle of water, along with the outfit complete with a gorgeous set of heels. Beyond her, the house itself was gorgeous.

"Love the shoes." Kiki commented, turning her body the rest of the way and clicking her way into the kitchen. "Been here long?"

Dove-Cameron-Floral-Dress.jpg

©SociallyAwkward™

hi
hi
hi
hi

"Hey, guys! Welcome to my world-- ha ha, just kidding. There will, of course, be others here. But it's no secret that you love me, so why try to hide it? And for those few of you who don't know me, I go by Kiki, and trust me-- you'll know my name and face soon. Ciao!"

Kiara blew a kiss into the camera, then shot a look at the man behind the camera. He hustled over to remove the microphone from Kiara's chest, and she stood. Once it was gone, she left the greeting area and headed into the main home, glad her fake ass introduction was over. Years of modeling had taken its toll on the blonde, and though she could still take an amazing picture, she grew tired of the life at times.

Her heels made an obvious clicking noise as she stepped onto the hardwood floors, announcing her presence to anyone else who may be there. Her things should have already been delivered, though she'd have to check on that in a few minutes. Being in a strange place wasn't new to her, nor was being surrounded by other models.

She was completely in her comfort zone. And that's why she would win.

Stepping into the doorway to the kitchen, Kiki noticed another person in her peripheral vision. Turning her head, she sized up the woman immediately, her lips pursing slightly. She noticed the bottle of water, along with the outfit complete with a gorgeous set of heels. Beyond her, the house itself was gorgeous.

"Love the shoes." Kiki commented, turning her body the rest of the way and clicking her way into the kitchen. "Been here long?"

Christian gave a loud (and slightly too drawn out) greeting for the camera, "Helloooo!" He remembered what he and mother had gone over. Engaging gaze, don't look too excited. You're supposed to be sitting there. Just make sure everyone else is aware of that. "I'm Christian Boucher, professional model and future superstar. I started from a place of nothing but talent and after years of hard work I've achieved a dream come true. I'm here because I'm your Next Alice!" Chris ended his sentence with a smug smile, keeping the eye contact with the lens of the camera. Was he allowed to say that? No one stopped him. He reached for the mic on his shirt but a look from the camera crew stopped him. They stepped in and removed it for him. Even after all this time, Chris was used to doing a lot of his own work, a crew at his disposal might prove the kind of luxury the young man would be tempted to take advantage of.

He stepped out of the booth, feeling suddenly exposed. Inside the booth was the camera, the vessel of each models upcoming fame, their last huge connection to the world at large, for now. However on the outside, there were people. Some of them producers, some of them crew, some of them models, all of them people. Chris knew how difficult it was going to become to hide his lack of people skills, lack of friendliness. People were not familiar to Chris, the spoiled brat who grew up, Mommy catering to his every whim. Mommy wasn't here. She was back home. No, that was not true either. Home was Louisiana, home was Baton Rouge. Mom was not home, she was moving into her new home her husband and son's success had afforded her. When Chris won this competition, and he always said when not if, he wouldn't be returning home, he would be going to his mother's new house in Dallas, Texas. How long after that would he stay? No time at all. With all the fame and money this would bring him, no doubt his mother would fulfill her dream of using that money to move to the west coast. Los Angeles was in her future, and Chris supposed in his own as well.

He wondered if his mother had even seen his instagram post, broadcasted to the world just before his personal cell phone was confiscated by the producers. I've got big, massive things in store for you guys. I'm not going to be posting anything for a while, but I'll be back and you'll be seeing a lot more of me. Sweet dreams xoxo He had captioned his selfie in his hotel mirror before posting it, and deleting all of his social media apps from his phone.

Chris had been giving his path some thought, but was still surprised to find himself walking into a kitchen with two young women. He needed to train his mind, like his mother had told him, not to get so lost in thought. The frequency of his daydreams needed to decrease significantly if he was going to take in this experience and learn anything of value to expedite his inevitable success.

Hearing that one had just said something to the other, Chris chose to make his visit to the kitchen look purposeful (and in some way, he supposed it was), and he slowly opened the refrigerator. As loaded as he expected it to be and equally tempting. His mother had warned him that his... affinity, as she put it, for wine in the days that had followed his twenty-first birthday could be the source of much tribulation for him if he didn't learn how to handle it. Thankfully, he only initially noticed white wine, and he didn't look any harder for red before taking a bottle of water and closing the refrigerator door. He wanted to reach for his phone to browse social media and look unassuming while he perhaps listened to the two girls talk, and quickly realized that was a habit that would not soon lose its temptation. Since there was nothing to mask the fact that Chris was just nosy, he tried to not look directly at either girl so as not to be pulled into a conversation and he walked right by them and into the living room where he pretended to take great interest in what lay beyond the glass. He was familiar with the setting, of course, having seen it on television more than a few times in his life. Still, the seeing it in person, the pool, the hot tub, the sheer magic of it all began to set in. He was here. He wanted to pretend it was as easy as mother had said, don't be surprised, you've earned this. Still, it couldn't be real. He got lost there, watching the water, totally lost in thought.

rzoGJT9.jpg
Minji

It had been a long past few hours for Minji. First the flight to New York, then the drive to the famous penthouse where the filming would begin. She was tired, obviously, but there was a certain giddiness inside her that lifted her spirits. She could do this. It was her right, her destiny, to be the next Alice.

Already, the crew fussed over her, taking her phone and asking her what she needed before making her introduction. She asked if they had any makeup artists on hand, her basic layering of cosmetics not enough for her liking. They led her past the booth another model was in, down the hall, and to a room in which they'd set up with mirrors, chairs, makeup, and clothing options. Alongside a few other models, she began to get her makeup and hair done, feeling like an absolute queen.

It all boiled down to one simple fact: Minji was excited. Her stomach turned, full of butterflies, and her fingers fumbled together nervously. The guy painting her face was starting to get annoyed with how often she fidgetted. She found this funny and scrunched her face up every once in a while to mess with him. The sharp movement would cause him to slip up and he'd have to go back through and fix his own mistake. Eventually, though, it seemed like she'd pushed too hard. He took a few steps back and folded his arms.

"Eun Minji, right?" he asked. Minji stared up at him blankly before nodding once, then twice.
"Look, a few of the others have already finished this and made their introductions. You don't want to be the last one there, do you?" She shook her head, a little dumbstruck. The makeup artist caught her sour expression and smiled. "You can either keep holding me up--and keep yourself from your introduction longer--or let me do my job. What do you want to do?"

That was all it took. Minji froze up and relaxed her face, remaining completely still up until he started to do her eye makeup. Then she hummed. "What's your name?" she asked, her eyes closed so the makeup artist could still work. "If you're going to be one of the stylists throughout the competition, I should befriend you. Or, at least be friendly with you." She didn't want him to purposefully mess up her look or something evil like that.

The guy laughed.
"You're a blunt one, aren't you?" he said. "I'm Chael. It's nice to meet you, I suppose." Minji felt him pull away. "You're good to go." Her eyes fluttered open and she stared at herself in the mirror, tilting her head this way and that.

"Wow, you're good," she stated, and she meant it. Chael gave her a thumbs up. Rising to her feet, Minji adjusted her dress, a wide smile on her face. Two cast members gestured for her to follow and she did, shuffling away with a skip in her steps. They led her out of the room and back the way she came.

Minji was left in the foyer, one filled with people bustling about. Uncertain of what to do, she waited until she was tended to. One cast member hooked up a microphone to her and told her what to do. Minji barely listened to him. The moment she stepped into the booth and stared into the camera, she felt alive. This was a piece of cake.

"Heyo! My name is Minji. Eun Minji. Maybe you've heard of me. Maybe you've seen me." She made a dismissive gesture with her hand, remembering to breathe in and out. "It doesn't matter, for you're going to learn a lot more about me as time goes on!" A giggle left her feeling all too lightheaded. This was fun for her. She loved it. "I'm a professional model from Connecticut. My parents are from Korea, but they're not always around. And hm, let's see... I started as a photographer but the second I took photos of myself, I knew where I belonged: in front of a camera!" What else was there to say? Oh, right. "I hope to be the next Alice! Please wish me good luck." Cheesy, but it suited her. Besides, it wasn't like she could outright state that she would be the next Alice. That would make her come off as way too cocky.

Minji waited for the crew to come and remove her microphone before she left the booth. Her grin never left her face. She radiated bubbly confidence. Now, left to her own devices, Minji wandered about the penthouse. It was bigger than she expected, which was nice considering she'd be here with several others. Speaking of others, she wondered where they were. Voices directed her to the kitchen but she swerved and headed to the living room, not wanting to rile up drama this early. Besides, she wanted a few moments to herself to take in this feeling of utter bliss.

Her plans were futile, however, when she ran into another person. A male (taller than her, she noted unhappily) was looking through the glass, a bottle of water in hand.
"Oh. I didn't think there was going to be anyone in here yet..." she mumbled, more to herself than to the guy. She should've just bitten the bullet and headed to the kitchen if she was going to socialize anyway. "My name's Minji; what's yours?" she tried, clasping her hands together. Taking in a deep breath, she tried to regain the sensation she'd felt in the booth. Nothing was coming back to her. Great. She was off to a good start.

mentions: horrorshow horrorshow || with: Chris || location: Penthouse Living Room

Last edited:
2237e8fca0ced592c60c73df4da6b2c5.jpg

MAKOTO "MIKI" ISHII

i know it's hard
but darling, you see, losing is the loser's fault.

“My name’s Makoto Ishii,” he began with a soft chuckle, as though he couldn’t believe he was sitting where he was, “well, that’s my full name but people usually call me Miki. I just turned twenty-one this year, which is great and I am here to be the next Alice.”

A pause. His amiable demeanor offset the arrogance of his statement just enough to make it seem natural. Determination flickers in his smiling eyes, alerting the observant viewer to something tougher, icier even, behind his warm laughter.

“Notable things about me... well, I’m Japanese, so there’s that. My parents, uhm, they passed away when I was really young and I was adopted, though. So, I actually grew up in Washington. Modelling was a recent development, actually. I always loved fashion but I didn’t think of it as, I guess, my future job or anything when I was younger, because I was quite in invested in school.” He pauses again, this time to snort at his own choice of words.

“By which I mean I was a total nerd but, well. Yale Law isn't easy to get into, you know? A talent scout approached me right when I graduated High School, actually, but it took me awhile to really start modelling. When I finally started getting into it though, I loved it. It gave me so much confidence to let loose and be whoever I want to be. That’s why I really want to do this as, like, a full-on career, you know? So, here I am, taking my first step to becoming a supermodel."

The boy flashes a bright-eyed, boyish grin. The cameras cut.

Miki kept his smile on until he was safely out of the booth, bowing his head and thanking each staff member that crossed his path. The professional yet sweet and charming persona was one his agency had insisted upon, a “soft” sort of character. A safe play, one could argue ⁠— always one of the audience favorites but less often the audience favorite. For a model who was just starting out, his management had told him, he was already going places and there was no need to be too greedy on this front.

Miki thought differently. He was a play-to-win kind of guy and, thus far in his life, he’d been on a pretty solid winning streak that he hardly wanted to break now. Still, he didn’t care to argue with his manager. It didn’t matter, in the end; whatever role he was playing, he would play it to his very best. He would come out on top, no matter the circumstances. Or, at least, he rewired his brain to think that way so he wouldn’t have to waste time comforting himself, of all people.

The house that greeted him as he left the area was gorgeous and practically a mansion, leaving him to wonder just how many participants would be taking part this time. While he’d heard a few names here and there, he only knew one other model in the programme well; Rika Moore, with whom he had become fast friends through one of his first photoshoots. The others were mostly a mystery to him. As he entered the brightly lit foyer, the sound of a conversation, one that he imagined had just begun, reached him from the main living room. He toyed with the idea of getting to know the other competitors before they officially started filming.

No, don’t forget, they’ve already started, he reminded himself. The cameras were always rolling in this place. One careless moment captured in recording and your entire reputation could be done for.

He walked into the large living room, noting how it was connected to the kitchen as well as the pool outside. Though he wouldn’t admit it, Miki found the presence of a pool to be exciting. Having one had been among his primary considerations when choosing the residence that he currently occupied in New York, and he especially loved the feeling of being surrounded by water alone in the quiet night. He immediately felt a little happier and a fair bit more relaxed. His gaze flickered between the duo in the kitchen and in the living room, before deciding to settle in the latter.

“Hello,” he greeted the two rather stunning women lounging in the room, sounding just a touch shyer than he was usually inclined to be, “nice to meet you. I’m Miki.”

mentions : calypso calypso apolla apolla | location : penthouse main living room

“My name’s Makoto Ishii,” he began with a soft chuckle, as though he couldn’t believe he was sitting where he was, “well, that’s my full name but people usually call me Miki. I just turned twenty-one this year, which is great and I am here to be the next Alice.”

A pause. His amiable demeanor offset the arrogance of his statement just enough to make it seem natural. Determination flickers in his smiling eyes, alerting the observant viewer to something tougher, icier even, behind his warm laughter.

“Notable things about me... well, I’m Japanese, so there’s that. My parents, uhm, they passed away when I was really young and I was adopted, though. So, I actually grew up in Washington. Modelling was a recent development, actually. I always loved fashion but I didn’t think of it as, I guess, my future job or anything when I was younger, because I was quite in invested in school.” He pauses again, this time to snort at his own choice of words.

“By which I mean I was a total nerd but, well. Yale Law isn't easy to get into, you know? A talent scout approached me right when I graduated High School, actually, but it took me awhile to really start modelling. When I finally started getting into it though, I loved it. It gave me so much confidence to let loose and be whoever I want to be. That’s why I really want to do this as, like, a full-on career, you know? So, here I am, taking my first step to becoming a supermodel."

The boy flashes a bright-eyed, boyish grin. The cameras cut.

Miki kept his smile on until he was safely out of the booth, bowing his head and thanking each staff member that crossed his path. The professional yet sweet and charming persona was one his agency had insisted upon, a “soft” sort of character. A safe play, one could argue ⁠— always one of the audience favorites but less often the audience favorite. For a model who was just starting out, his management had told him, he was already going places and there was no need to be too greedy on this front.

Miki thought differently. He was a play-to-win kind of guy and, thus far in his life, he’d been on a pretty solid winning streak that he hardly wanted to break now. Still, he didn’t care to argue with his manager. It didn’t matter, in the end; whatever role he was playing, he would play it to his very best. He would come out on top, no matter the circumstances. Or, at least, he rewired his brain to think that way so he wouldn’t have to waste time comforting himself, of all people.

The house that greeted him as he left the area was gorgeous and practically a mansion, leaving him to wonder just how many participants would be taking part this time. While he’d heard a few names here and there, he only knew one other model in the programme well; Rika Moore, with whom he had become fast friends through one of his first photoshoots. The others were mostly a mystery to him. As he entered the brightly lit foyer, the sound of a conversation, one that he imagined had just begun, reached him from the main living room. He toyed with the idea of getting to know the other competitors before they officially started filming.

No, don’t forget, they’ve already started, he reminded himself. The cameras were always rolling in this place. One careless moment captured in recording and your entire reputation could be done for.

He walked into the large living room, noting how it was connected to the kitchen as well as the pool outside. Though he wouldn’t admit it, Miki found the presence of a pool to be exciting. Having one had been among his primary considerations when choosing the residence that he currently occupied in New York, and he especially loved the feeling of being surrounded by water alone in the quiet night. He immediately felt a little happier and a fair bit more relaxed. His gaze flickered between the duo in the kitchen and in the living room, before deciding to settle in the latter.

“Hello,” he greeted the two rather stunning women lounging in the room, sounding just a touch shyer than he was usually inclined to be, “nice to meet you. I’m Miki.”

Last edited:
Winter Laurent
"I know I can do it, I just have to believe in myself"​

with: Christian & Minji
outfit:X
tags: Kipsy Kipsy horrorshow horrorshow
Winter thought everything was surreal the moment she made it to the penthouse, she knew the basis on the show due to watching it and because her sister appeared in that show too and was the talk of the family for months even if she didn't become the next Alice the show skyrocket her career as a model, but Winter didn't want to just try and be like her sister, she wanted to win the show and prove to everyone that she was good too and she wasn't anymore the shadow of her sister.

Before she made it inside the penthouse she was told to record an introduction video, she took a deep breath before she went to record herself, she wanted to seem confident but not cocky but at the same time true to herself. When she was told the sign that the camera was recording she put a smile on her face and started talking "Hi! I'm Winter Laurent, maybe the last name sounds familiar to you since my sister Summer also participated to be the next Alice. I'm here to show you what I'm capable of and to win this competition and become the next Alice, I can't wait for you to see me go through this journey and I hope you can support me along the way"

After Winter was done with the video, the staff removed the mic and told her she was done and could go inside with the other participants, she walk inside not knowing who she was going to encounter from the beggining and what kind of first impression they would have with each other. Once Winter meet up with the other contestants she could match some faces not because she know them personally or was close to them, but mostly because her Summer talk about them but the things she said weren't the friendliest, but Winter wouldn't judge a book by its cover based on how Summer saw other people.

Winter walked towards the kitchen and saw a girl and guy there, she walked towards the refrigerator and grabbed a bottle of water and then show her attention to the pair that was also there "I'm Winter, is nice to meet both of you" she said with a smile.
[/div][/div]

Ruben Leahy

mood: excited
mentions: calypso calypso | apolla apolla | OSWonder OSWonder
Ruben lifted a brow casually, eyeing the cameraman and waiting for the cue to go ahead and start speaking. Honestly, there were no nerves radiating from the young man. Talking head interviews were something that he'd gotten used to in his days as an athlete, and this one was no different. He was relaxed and poised comfortably in his chair, the slightest hint of a smile dancing on his lips. First impressions were his forte. At least, he felt that they were his forte. Some would find him a bit too forward and abrasive, but at least it would help him stand out amongst the others. Finally, the cameraman gave him the signifying nod to begin and Ruben launched into his opening.

"Wassup, bros," Ruben started enthusiastically, straightening a bit his chair and running a rake of fingers through his soft hair. "My name is Ruben Leahy. Before you ask, yes. The Ruben Leahy. Soccer extraordinaire and fitness expert."

Ruben flexed his muscles playfully, giving his biceps a kiss before smirking back at the camera. Perhaps he was playing it up a bit for the camera, but there was nothing fake or inorganic about his performance. Ruben was never one to care so much about what others thought of him. He'd made an entire career out of being the boyish, loveable boy from Florida. If the people didn't like him, and the ratings showed his favorability was dwindling he would be saddened but he wouldn't change himself. Manipulation wasn't in his toolbelt, whether that was from his integrity or his lack of intelligence was up for debate.

"I'm from Key West, Florida, 25 years young, and ready to show you, bros, what it means to be a model outside of facial beauty. Although, I'm pretty cute too so I guess it's a win-win." Ruben blew a kiss at the camera and finished the interview with a sly wink. Once the cameras were finished rolling it was only a minute or so of fidgetting before he was free to go. Now, it was time to mingle with his fellow contestants.

-----------

Ruben noticed the two different group forming as he peeked into each room of the penthouse. Seems the young man was a bit tardy with his appearance, maybe even the last to get his interview in. The group in the kitchen seemed interesting enough and Ruben's stomach rumbled threateningly to signify his increasing hunger. Food was no threat to him. He didn't have a thin physique to keep up that would shatter with 2 pounds gained. His caloric intake would probably make the other contestants blush, but he was more concerned about keeping his muscles defined than slimming up. A gym would be nice. He wondered if the penthouse had one.

In the end, it was the group in the lounge area that caught his attention most. A dainty looking boy of Asian descent who gave of the classic, effortless model beauty. A girl with white-blonde hair who looked like she strolled in straight off the Hollywood walk of fame. And a slender but solid woman who looked more fierce than he would have thought possible any kind of model. A ragtag bunch in the best possible connotation of the word. He'd fit right in. He wondered if they all had modeling backgrounds, though perhaps at this level of competition that was a silly question. Ruben was likely to be the outcast on that front.

Moving into the room officially, Ruben kept his head on a swivel taking in the beauty of the place and the sheer elegance it exuded. The pool/hot tub was an interesting touch. Given Ruben's presupposition to relentless flirting, that area would most certainly get him into a fair bit of trouble. Or not trouble, depending on how the viewers interpreted it. With all these attractive people under one roof, romance and hookups could only be expected out of them. At least for Ruben that was true. The young man should probably work on his self-control when it came to other people.

Ruben approached the group just in time to catch the backend of the other male's introduction. Miki. Ruben filed it away in his mind, though knowing his own shit memory he wouldn't put it above himself to completely forget it by the end of the night.

"Ladies," he interjected, before focusing his attention on Miki and giving him a thorough glance. His eyes washed over Miki completely, but not in a way that was sizing him up. His gaze reflected... Interest. Miki wasn't the type of guy Ruben would normally approach in his normal life, but he was willing to make acquaintances with his fellow males in the competition. Ruben always felt that the audience of Alice unfairly favored the women. Perhaps a bromance of sorts would help to boost their ratings.

"And Gentleman," Ruben finally finished, offering his large hand out to Miki's slender one. "Ruben Leahy."
[/div][/div]

Zahira Amadi

Tags: Stardust Galaxy Stardust Galaxy zippy zippy OSWonder OSWonder Kipsy Kipsy horrorshow horrorshow
Outfit:
X

While waiting patiently for the crew members to fix her microphone and let her know that the cameras were rolling, she busied herself with her new phone. When they’d taken her beloved XR and replaced it with something so simple and old, she had been annoyed. Though she knew that their reasons for doing made a lot of sense. Still she missed her old phone already. Zahira toyed with the device until it was time for her to start with her introduction.

“Miss Amadi, we’re ready when you are.”

And that was her cue. Zahira handed her phone to the same crew member who was currently holding her purse for her. She slipped into a casual pose on the chair beneath her, with one long leg placed over the other and slightly leaned back, Zahira was a picture of casual elegance. “Hello everyone, my name is Zahira Amadi, I’m 25 five years old, and I’m from Adelaide, Australia, as you can probably tell by my accent. My parents are from Kenya and I have no siblings. I joined this competition in hopes of inspiring future models, especially those who look like myself or come from humble beginnings. I’m also doing this for my parents, who have always encouraged me to follow my dreams, and have been there with me every step of the way. Becoming the next Alice would bring me one step closing to achieve both of these goals of mine, so I don’t plan on failing.”

With that Zahira gave the camera a confident little smile. Once they were no longer rolling she reached a hand out for her purse. Zahira stood up from her seat after her mic was taken off and left the booth. Now it was time for her to meet her competition.

-----------

The penthouse was as beautiful as she’d thought it would be and maybe then some. Zahira couldn’t say that she was surprised though. Where else would they keep a group of beautiful models? She didn’t know about the others but it was nothing less of what was best suited for her. Zahira’s steps were silent as she made her way through the house, surprisingly she had decided to forgo the usual high heels that she seemed to love so much. As she walked in further she could hear the sound of her roommates talking amongst one another.

Upon entering the living room Zahira immediately began eyeing the others. Obviously they were all attractive, but that was not all that she was paying attention to. Currently she was looking for any signs of imperfection, anything that could be used against them. “So it seems like I’m one of the last to arrive? Sorry for the wait. I am Zahira Amadi, it’s a pleasure.” She spoke loud enough them to hear her.
[/div][/div]

She wasn’t exactly nervous.

She’d participated in stuff similar to this in the past, she was prepared for this.

Even so, there was a strange, though not entirely unfamiliar mix of feelings rumbling in her belly (though that could just as easily be the byproducts of her having missed breakfast that morning).

Rika could easily pick out the most assertive sentiments in the mix; there was the usual mix of self-assuredness, a fine dose of excitement, and of course as always exhaustion.

But underneath it all was something she couldn’t quite put her finger on, no matter how much she tried.

A thumbs up pulled her from her thoughts, Rika nodding a distracted ok as she was given the 'go-ahead' to enter the filming booth. She slipped her headphones down from her ears and into the pocket of her dark pants, vaguely wished for a mirror to pat down any stray hairs. But now wasn't really the time for such thoughts.

“Hi,” Rika mimed a little wave into the camera, lips curling up into a genuine smile of all teeth. “so, my name is Rika, Rika Moore. And I’m here for - well you know the reason.

Rika pushed the teasing smile from her lips, all seriousness now though a hint of mirth danced behind her brown eyes as she leaned forward a bit, ‘engage the audience,’ her manager had said, ‘make them love you, but also take you seriously’.

“Modeling, this world, the industry - it’s something I love that’s basically a part of me now, I’ve been doing it since I was a kid after all. And everyone has to have new challenges, right? Hurdles or goals to keep them growing and - ” a little chuckle as she lowered her voice conspiratorially as if telling a friend a particularly salacious secret, “to keep them relevant. So expect growth, okay? And know this.

“I don’t lose.” she finished it with a slight smirk to downplay the seriousness of that last statement, just a bit. She didn’t want to be too cocky after all, not this early on.

Once she’d been cleared to exit the booth and all technology had been removed from her person, Rika stood, passing the crew gracious little smiles as she headed out and into the larger area of the penthouse. She cast an admiring gaze about herself, from the pool to the living room to the kitchen. Only two of the areas were alight with the beginnings of social activity though one was noticeably quieter than the other - it was really her choice where she started.

Her stomach grumbled, not for the first time that day and Rika groaned a low and amused sound, sliding a slender hand into the pocket of her belt bag to retrieve a small bag of almonds. She slipped a couple from the bag, nonchalantly popped them into her mouth as she headed into the living room, catching the tail end of a russet-eyed girl’s introductory sentence.

Her name was Zahira, Rika thought, committing the name to memory.

There were no familiar faces here, Rika acutely registered, pushing aside the bits of disappointment. She’d seen Miki’s and Winter’s names on the list ahead of time though she still hadn’t worked out if their presence was an advantage or a disadvantage for her (could the others use them against her in some way?) but it was always nice to have friends, right?

A quick shake of her head dispelled that initial paranoia. She didn’t have the time to over-think this, not to mention this was hardly the place.

Instead of worrying further, she pushed her attention to the closest girl, nodding a greeting as she peered up at her. This girl was tall, did she have a runaway background as well?

“Zahira, nice to meet you. Call me Rika,” she turned her attention to the rooms three other occupants, fixing a playful smile to her lips as she addressed them. “same goes for you guys, what are your names?”

She kept her voice light, her conversation even lighter as she took in their faces, committing them to memory. There was a girl with distinctly Asian features, beside her a slightly more androgynous looking guy with longish hair. And at the edge of the group, a distinctly familiar blonde somewhere near the edge of the living room and the beginning of the kitchen - was that Winter, at the edge of the group?

Barely suppressing a giddy little giggle at the girl’s presence, Rika tilted her head in Winter’s direction in a brief acknowledgement, raising her voice ever so slightly so as to allow the sound to meet all ears present in the room.

“I do hope we’ll all get along.”

Last edited:
Ana Oprea

"I need a drink."
with: Ruben, Miki, Kiara
tags: OSWonder OSWonder zippy zippy apolla apolla [ JustJazzy JustJazzy erzulie erzulie Stardust Galaxy Stardust Galaxy Kipsy Kipsy horrorshow horrorshow ]

Resting her fingers on the cap of the water bottle, Ana slowly shifted her gaze over to the woman who had approached her. At first, she said nothing to the fellow model. She didn't try to hide the fact that she was giving her a very firm glance-over, her brown eyes looking as cynical as always. Her lips puckered, the gloss that coated them building up a moment before she released the pose with a satisfying 'pop.'

"No, I have not been here long. We are all on schedule to arrive on time, no?" She questioned, before casually sliding the water back into the fridge. Her heels clicked with authority as she moved over to the small bar stationed right next door, grabbing a bottle of rather expensive vodka. A shot glass was placed down on the table along with a wine glass. The top was popped off the bottle, and she took a sniff before she began to speak and fill up the shot glass at the same time.

"It seems I was the first to arrive, though my time alone was short-lived," she muttered out, before picking up the shot-glass and shooting the vodka back easily. It wasn't terribly exciting, but it certainly did the trick. Placing the empty shot down and switching it for the wine glass, her other hand still held the vodka. She then began to graciously pour the vodka right into as she spoke. "You must be Kiara. I do not recall many blondes joining the competition, though the other one seemed to be...young," she said distastefully, finally finishing her long pour. The bottle was nearly half-empty at this point, and she returned to its original location on the shelf. Taking a long sip, her amber eyes dragged themselves across the room.

"Looks like there are more coming now," she said, silencing herself as the two men approached the group. The first was willowy and lean, the ideal kind of beauty many young girls these days found themselves fawning over. She said nothing to him at first, only sipping her vodka. Though it appeared to be water, Kiara knew better. One sniff of the drink would be a good indication, too. (Plus, Ana was on a fast path to get drunk.) After sizing him up, her hand was firmly offered to the shyer sounding model.

"Ana Oprea, I recall reading about you. Rather young, no?" She said, raising an eyebrow up as she took another long sip from her glass. Whether he answered or not, it didn't matter. Her eyes were already shifting to Ruben, and her gaze narrowed to slits.

Now Ruben was the type of model she worried about. To the females watching the shows, the male models were everything. She had no doubt Miki and Ruben would become fan-favorites quickly, for different reasons. His boyish looks were a harsh contrast to the poetic grace of Miki, leaving the fanbase divided. Her lips pressed together, and she took a rather long chug of her drink. In fact, she finished the glass and placed it down firmly on the table. A confused look passed over her features as the weight of the booze hit her like a truck, but she didn't stagger just yet.

"I will be heading to the more properly equipped bar, I am afraid they were lacking in what I need here," she said rather firmly, casting one last glance around at the group. Whether or not anyone wanted to follow her was up to them, though the look she gave suggested one should be prepared if they decided to trail along. When Ana got to drinking, there was no turning back. And she absolutely did not want lightweights around her.

With that, her heels clicked and the woman began to walk away to find more booze.

----
current outfit: x
[/div][/div]

2237e8fca0ced592c60c73df4da6b2c5.jpg

MAKOTO "MIKI" ISHII

i know it's hard
but darling, you see, losing is the loser's fault.

Ruben Leahy. Taking note of the other man’s introduction, Miki grasped the offered hand with a smile as his eyes ran over the . A sporty type, clearly. Not quite the kind of guy he would expect to show more interest in the only other male in the room when there were two beautiful women with them. In conclusion, Ruben was either aiming at a strategic something by targeting him. Or, well, he was gay. They’d find out soon enough.

Ana Oprea. His gaze turned to the delicate-looking woman who gave off an oddly strong aura. He shook her hand as well, noticing a second late that she was holding alcohol and not water, as he’d initially thought, from the sharp but faint scent that wafted in the air; Miki had a rather sensitive nose. Mirth crept into him at the thought of her trying to get drunk from the get-go. He arched a slim brow at her drink as he gave a vaguely affirmative hum in reply to her comment about his age. He was probably younger than most of the other contestants, even if only by a couple years or so. More than that, he was also likely quite a bit newer to the industry.

He found that both Ana and the other woman lounging beside her were more familiar faces than he’d previously thought. People he’d seen around in the backstages of runways or in magazine spreads. Of course. That was to be expected considering where they were. No matter how he reviewed his memory, however, he couldn’t recall a trace of Ruben. Yet, the look that Ana shot the other man said she saw him as a threat.

Better keep an eye out for him, then, Miki thought to himself, or rather...all of them. Having satisfactorily introduced himself and learned about the others in the room, Miki fell into a relaxed silence as he observed the room, waiting for the staff to inevitably come in and guide them to do something more than just aimlessly and somewhat awkwardly hang around.

mentions : calypso calypso zippy zippy | location : penthouse main living room

Reuben Leahy. Taking note of his introduction, Miki grasped the offered hand with a smile as his eyes ran over the man. A sporty type, clearly. Not quite the kind of guy he would expect to show more interest in the only other male in the room when there were two beautiful women with them. In conclusion, Reuben was either aiming at a strategic something by targeting him. Or, well, he was gay. They’d find out soon enough.

Ana Oprea.His gaze turned to the delicate-looking woman who gave off an oddly strong aura. He shook her hand as well, noticing a second late that she was holding alcohol and not water, as he’d initially thought, from the sharp but faint scent that wafted in the air; Miki had a rather sensitive nose. Mirth crept into him at the thought of her trying to get drunk from the get-go. He arched a slim brow at her drink as he gave a vaguely affirmative hum in reply to her comment about his age. He was probably younger than most of the other contestants, even if only by a couple years or so. More than that, he was also likely quite a bit newer to the industry.

He found that both Ana and the other woman lounging beside her were more familiar faces than he’d previously thought. People he’d seen around in the backstages of runways or in magazine spreads and interviews. Of course. That was to be expected considering where they were. No matter how he reviewed his memory, however, he couldn’t recall a trace of Reuben. Yet, the look that Ana shot the other man said she saw him as a threat.

Better keep an eye out for him, then, Miki thought to himself, or rather...all of them. Having satisfactorily introduced himself and learned about the others in the room, Miki fell into a relaxed silence as he observed the room, waiting for the staff to inevitably come in and guide them to do something more than just aimlessly and somewhat awkwardly hang around.

Last edited:
Arrival

"Welcome to Wonderland!"
with:
tags: erzulie erzulie horrorshow horrorshow Kipsy Kipsy apolla apolla Stardust Galaxy Stardust Galaxy zippy zippy OSWonder OSWonder JustJazzy JustJazzy

No matter where the models were in the house, a loudspeaker blared through the rooms with the chipper voice of a female announcer. Lori Hamilton, well-known for working on nearly every season of the show. Also well-known for managing to make out with at least one model per season too. Some past contestants suggest smooching up to her, just because of the information she spills when drunk. Just need to put up with her valley girl-tang.

"Hellllo, my new babiees! Welcome to the pent-house," she chimed out, purposefully drawing out the 'se' in house. "You all look so cute, even though we already got ourselves a drinkerrrrr!" She chortled, and an annoyed curse sounded from the bar as Ana slammed her martini down.

"Now, just get your little butts accli-" She paused, struggling with the word. "Accli...Adjusted to the house, and find your rooms! And be ready to get up bright and early tomorrow morning to start out first challenge. I'm sure you've all been to New Yorrrrk before, but have you really scouted out the land and historical model sites? If you have, too bad! It's time for a scavengerrrrr hunt! Teams will be announced tomorrow morning as well, have fun!" She hummed out, before the announcements went silent.

Although the buzz of the overactive host was gone, the cameras were still rolling.

[/div][/div]

Kiara Zabielski

Kiara generally wasn't one for small talk, though if she had to choose, she would take it over awkward silence. The blonde needed noise in her daily life; hence one reason she modeled. There was constant noise, constant movement, people talking in both of your ears. It might not make sense to someone not in her line of work, but it was during that time she felt she could truly focus. And take a bomb ass picture, of course.

"No, I have not been here long. We are all on schedule to arrive on time, no?"

Shrugging one shoulder, Kiara turned back to the woman just in time to see her going for the vodka. A smirk tugged at her lips as she leaned against the counter, watching her shoot the clear liquor easily. The other model didn't seem happy to have company, but that didn't bother Kiara in the slightest. After all, this wasn't a friend-making competition, was it?

"I am." Kiki confirmed Ana's guess as to who she was, deciding not to take offense to the young comment. What was the point? She didn't have long to think on it, either, as others started arriving. The first introduced himself as Miki, to which Kiki responded with a smile and a quick "Kiara". She didn't want to assume softness from anybody, nor did she want anyone assuming she was soft.

Ruben entered next, a loud and boisterous greeting followed by him extending his hand to Miki. Kiara repeated her name, not moving from her spot by the counter, though flashing Ana a quick glance. Though she didn't fool herself into thinking they'd become best friends, perhaps being on the same side was enough.

Until it came to winning, of course.

"Hellllo, my new babiees! Welcome to the pent-house,"

The voice over some sort of loudspeaker system caused Kiara to look up, thankful she hadn't jumped out of her skin. At the mention of a drinker, and the annoyed curse uttered by Ana, Kiki smirked though said nothing. "Acclimated?" Kiara finished the tough word for the voice, shaking her head as she kept talking and finally fizzled out.

Silence fell over the house for a moment, and Kiara finally pushed herself off the counter. "So that means we have tonight to have some fun?" Grinning, she looked around at the others in the kitchen, then cast a glance towards the others in the other room. "What should we do first?"

---
Tags:
Ana ( calypso calypso )
Miki ( OSWonder OSWonder )
Ruben ( zippy zippy )

©SociallyAwkward™

hi
hi
hi
hi

Kiara generally wasn't one for small talk, though if she had to choose, she would take it over awkward silence. The blonde needed noise in her daily life; hence one reason she modeled. There was constant noise, constant movement, people talking in both of your ears. It might not make sense to someone not in her line of work, but it was during that time she felt she could truly focus. And take a bomb ass picture, of course.

"No, I have not been here long. We are all on schedule to arrive on time, no?"

Shrugging one shoulder, Kiara turned back to the woman just in time to see her going for the vodka. A smirk tugged at her lips as she leaned against the counter, watching her shoot the clear liquor easily. The other model didn't seem happy to have company, but that didn't bother Kiara in the slightest. After all, this wasn't a friend-making competition, was it?

"I am." Kiki confirmed Ana's guess as to who she was, deciding not to take offense to the young comment. What was the point? She didn't have long to think on it, either, as others started arriving. The first introduced himself as Miki, to which Kiki responded with a smile and a quick "Kiara". She didn't want to assume softness from anybody, nor did she want anyone assuming she was soft.

Ruben entered next, a loud and boisterous greeting followed by him extending his hand to Miki. Kiara repeated her name, not moving from her spot by the counter, though flashing Ana a quick glance. Though she didn't fool herself into thinking they'd become best friends, perhaps being on the same side was enough.

Until it came to winning, of course.

"Hellllo, my new babiees! Welcome to the pent-house,"

The voice over some sort of loudspeaker system caused Kiara to look up, thankful she hadn't jumped out of her skin. At the mention of a drinker, and the annoyed curse uttered by Ana, Kiki smirked though said nothing. "Acclimated?" Kiara finished the tough word for the voice, shaking her head as she kept talking and finally fizzled out.

Silence fell over the house for a moment, and Kiara finally pushed herself off the counter. "So that means we have tonight to have some fun?" Grinning, she looked around at the others in the kitchen, then cast a glance towards the others in the other room. "What should we do first?"

Winter Laurent
"I know I can do it, I just have to believe in myself"​

with: Christian & Minji
outfit:X
tags: JustJazzy JustJazzy
After seeing everyone arriving at the penthouse Winter knew that it was going to be a tough competition and that she needed to prove herself even more than she anticipated, she wouldn't let this chance to slip out of her hands this was the opportunity she has been waiting since she started modeling to have her own journey without Summer taking all the attention.

But one of the members caught the attention of Winter and not because of knowing her face, but because she knew her and she was one of the few people she considered her true friend and was glad someone that she could trust was also here that would make things easier for Winter to feel comfortable, but she wasn't really a big fan of competing against her friend to become the Next Alice.

Winter smiled at Rika after he tilted her head notice her, I guess it was better to not show how excited she was to see her friend knowing that their relationship could be used against them, everyone would do anything to become the next Alice and she was sure one would try to put Rika and Winter against each other.

She was going to join the other group when a voice was heard greeting them it was a voice that Winter was familiar thanks to seeing the show and also because Summer mock the sound of her voice a lot, but she would rather not say those opinions out loud, she told them to get comfortable since the first challenge was going to be the next day, WInter felt anxious but at the same time excited to see what would they be doing.

Winter walked towards them as she heard the girl who she had a vague memory her name was Kiara talk about what they should do that night, it was sure she wanted to do more than getting to know each other and what they like to do in their free time, but everything was possible for the sake of drama so instead she went towards Rika "I wasn't expecting to see you here" she said to her friend.

[/div][/div]

Jade Rae

“Hurry up! I’ll give you a 100 dollar bill if you can get me there in...let’s see...5 minutes,” Jade knew this was an absurd amount of money to give away to a limo driver but all she cared about was getting to the penthouse. Thanks to the traffic jam, she was already late and who knew what she had already missed. Now, first impressions were even more important because she was late. The driver weaved toward another less clogged lane. Jade adjusted her sleek high ponytail that was already perfectly gelled back, squeezed on one more layer of lip gloss, and slid on her oversized, pink Gucci sunglasses. She examined herself in the mirror and smoothed out a wrinkle in her black jumpsuit. Finally, the limo arrived at the penthouse; she took a deep breath, grabbed her Louis Vuitton handbag, and stepped out of the limo. Her chauffeur handed her her suitcase. If I don’t play this right, my chances of winning are screwed as soon as I step inside, Jade thought to herself. She could feel the pressure riding on her shoulders to make a good impression; she fought down her uncertainty and schooled her expression into one of cool nonchalance and elegance. Jade strutted into the penthouse with her head held high. A small throng of staff members gathered around her to prepare her for her introduction. She made sure to say thank you to each one of them and give them warm smiles, she needed the staff to be on her side too if she was to win. Then, before she made her introduction, she took out a box of chocolate dipped strawberries and handed them out to the group of makeup staff and filming crew. If she was nice and generous to a degree without being over the top, she would win their favor and she would get more filming time and better treatment. After the crew was finished with their snacks, the cameras turned toward Jade.
“Hi, I’m Jade. I grew up in unfortunate conditions in the foster care system. I have fought for respect, fought to be where I am now, and I’m ready to fight and win for the title of the next Alice,” Jade flashed the camera her best smile. She wasn’t sure what character she needed to play yet in order to win yet but if she could get her audience’s sympathy by playing the unfortunate childhood card, she would. She carefully removed the mike and made her way toward the group of models. For now, she would observe but when she got a good gauge of everyone, she would make her move and take the lead.
/coded by allure/

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back