The New World - Rules

SirBlazeALot

Seven Thousand Club

RULES

OK! HELLO! This tab will explain how we're going to be fighting. I'm gonna try to make this as clear as possible, but if you have any questions or see any flaws in the system don't hesitate to tell me. Now I want you to read this before the Mechanics tab. Otherwise nothing in it will make sense.

When you're done here, head on over to Mechanics.

• That Sounds Really Fuckin' Mathy

Relative Systems are now far more important because it's how I calculate damage. Damage will be thoroughly described in Mechanics, however, you lot don't have to calculate damage unless you really want to. The concept remains the same. Relative Systems exist to demonstrate the strengths and weaknesses of each class. Certain skills and items can temporarily, or even permanently raise them.

Basically, your class will determine how offensive, or defensive you are, how much health you have, and all that jazz. Now, we call these systems relative because we won't be Leveling anything up, rather, the enemies and the players will just remain at a relatively equal level.

You get it? Okay, good. So there's four relative systems.

Attack

Physical offensive capability.

Defense

Physical defensive capability.

Magic

Magical offensive capability.

Resistance

Magical defensive capability.

Health is no longer a relative system. Though Health is determined by old Relative System values, much like movement, it has a concrete number now. If you want to raise the health of your character for their "one raised system" thing, then you raise it by 20 points. Whenever Health is being raised by "one level", it's being raised by 20 points.

Ya got em? Okay good. So you're wondering now, "Well Blaze, how're we going to do this without stats?"

We're going to use our noodles to create a scale and instead of thinking of these as qualities unique to each individual, they'll be traits unique to each class.

We're going to create a scale to describe how good each class is at all this shit. And in the Updates tab, I'll go ahead and list these ratings too so that you can get a better feel for who you can damage quite a bit and who you can't damage quite a bit. But I'll be using numbers to do this. It's pretty simple so... just check it out.

Very Low (1)

Low (2)

Average (3)

High (4)

Very High (5)

SUPER HIGH (6)

Relative Systems now have a 6th level, Super High, but you may only have one of these ratings inherently and only upon reaching your second class. Enemies (except for Bosses) will never have a Super High rating.

Pretty easy, right? This ain't nearly as hard to understand and use as the dice mechanics, it's just here to help describe the strengths and weaknesses of each class. On to more complex rules.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread