• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The New World (IC)

Characters
Here
Amir Odeh

S5_Jidan_Guisu_Artwork.pngLayla2.png
Amir couldn’t help, but smirk at the Huldrean couple sharp ‘play’, if one could say it. What was curious was that some, who weren’t of noble birth, may have found themselves nervous or uncomfortable being thrown into such a grand and extravagant party. One could even go as far as to say that the place was the very picture of the empire’s decadency: a few with so much, while so many had absolutely nothing. But, curiously enough, that is where the stocky man had a clear advantage: he looked like he was born for such occasions.

His confidence, even though certainly misplaced, made him look like he was cut from the same cloth as any noble. His mannerism, and certain lack of class, were the only things that gave him away. Meanwhile, his shadow, Layla, didn’t share the same appreciation of such an event. She didn’t show any dislike of it, but it was clear she wasn’t enjoying herself.

Letting out a ‘hmph’, she placed her strong hand on Amir’s shoulder, giving it a nice squeeze, which felt like a vise. The force was placed in a squeezing motion, which made the Falstaffian man’s neck contract and its veins jump out into visibility from under his subcutaneous fat - “It takes a certain kind of man to ‘handle’ my ‘gripping’ beauty” - she said, after Thomas corrected his own tastes in the fairer sex. Such was the strength of the hulking giantess that it was a wonder that Amir hadn’t shattered the glass he held in his hand by sheer reflex.

With a pained expression, the merchant nodded as the host excused himself to command the clerk’s number one admirer towards the noble’s own kin and the honest city captain - “Ah yes… Captain Markus…” - escaped his lips in a really anemic tone. A thought crossed the man’s mind: why was such a prestigious girl such as Elora involved with those under her status? What sort of boon they provided? While what the captain could provide was clear, what did Faraine provide? Was she a bodyguard of sorts?

Suddenly, Amir snapped out of the thought lane and focused once again on the present. With his glass half full, he raised it and toasted with the most honorable host - “To family, to business and to money!” - his boisterousness was back at full force and, with a quick flick of his hand, he had drank the whole contents of his glass. He didn’t know exactly when it happened, but the crushing pressure on his shoulder was simply no more. Turning his head to look at Layla, without leaving Thomas speaking by himself, he noticed that the tanned woman’s stare was fixed on a guest.

It wasn’t too long until he noticed that the noble also had his eyes set upon the very same guest - “What is this all about?” - his eyebrow raised involuntarily - “Is there something the matter?” - the rotund man asked the baron, trying to fish for information and satiate his curiosity. Regardless of what it was all about, he knew ‘his’ lady had already picked it up - “Am I becoming too reliant on you?” - the idea crossed his mind for a split second.

≛ Markus Ebner
『 TAGGED 』Interactions: Britt-21 Britt-21 leviohsa leviohsa Maxxob Maxxob Mentions:

"Most people dream of being royalty, I'm sure somebody here would take you up on that offer." Markus said, giving her a small smile. He was content with the amount of money he had and how much he was earning. The greatest payment that one in his position could receive is the praise of those he is trying to protect. That's what kept him going, not something as trivial as wealth. "We are always accepting new positions in our ranks; you are always welcome to fill an application." Markus gave off a small laugh, taking a sip of wine from the glass in his hand. She probably couldn't even lift a sword, the mere thought of it giving Markus another series of small laughs.

His attention shifted from Elora to Faraine as she came into view, sporting a red dress. It seems that she was dragged into this just as he was, what a pity.
"I heard wealth tends to make you more susceptible to being an ass." Being an ass was an understatement, he knew all too well how much of a pompous asshole rich folk could be. He knew because his own father was one. "Trying to enjoy it, though I must say that I am out of my element, I should be swinging a sword right now." Markus said to Faraine, knowing that she could possibly sympathize with that sentiment.

Markus wasn't surprised at the invitation that he was given because that thought had already crossed his mind already. Sadly, he knew it wouldn't look good if he just left the ball, especially since he gave his word that he'd be here.
"While I would love to accept that invitation, I'm afraid I can't go. I have to fulfill my obligations here first." He gave off a sigh, taking a sip of wine. Balls weren't exactly the most thrilling events, especially with a bunch of old people, and speaking of old people....

He put on a fake smile as Amir approached, nodding as he was acknowledged by the merchant. He opened his mouth to reply to the merchant, but he forgot one important thing, his name. It wasn't usual that he forgot names, but those he tended to think as... untrustworthy usually ended up on that forgotten list. Luckily, it seemed Amir's attention was elsewhere as he gave a toast. The only part of that toast he could relate to was the family part. I can't wait till this thing is over.

code by @Nano

The Question
Thomas A. Edevane
Thomas watched as Sebastian formally introduced himself to miss Umbridge. He usually wouldn’t judge somebody if they wanted to have one or two sweets. Miss Umbridge was a different case. She's been involved with Thomas's family for a very long time ever since his eldest son was in diapers. Thomas highly respected the woman and knew she likes things in a very particular way. And that she was not set on changing anything, especially herself. Sebastian formally walked away from the old bag and continued as he was commanded by his master. Thomas's attention proceeded to target Miss Umbridge. Thomas was a man who love details and he knew when something was out of place; His suspicions grow even more.

At this point, the nosy merchant decided to ask him “Is there something the matter?” Thomas could tell that there was curiosity in Amir’s eyes. He looked down and closed his eyes and began to softly chuckle. “At the moment nothing is wrong, Amir” He took the last swig of his drink. “It’s just Madam Umbridge; she usually stays away from sweets. They usually make her stomach very upset. Which is why I am very curious why she is so desperately trying to smuggle some from the dessert table.” Thomas debated with himself if he should intervene in the situation. Sure it’s fine if she has one or two sweets but it looks like she’s trying to grab either she’s drunk and doesn’t know what she’s grabbing or Mr. Umbridge clearly did something wrong. Curiosity always kills the cat. And Thomas knew that messing with somebody of her stature would have consequences.

Thomas’s eyes danced across the room as his conversation with Amir continued on. His eyes stopped and locked on Markus. An RBF if you will. His unofficial staring contests were interrupted by one of the maids. “Sir Edevane, your wine.” “Thank you, dearest.” As Thomas looked back at the captain he saw that Markus was now looking in his direction. Well, this may be a perfect time. Thomas excused himself again. He walked toward the trio with not even a second of him losing eye contact with Markus. Thomas laid his hand on The Captain's shoulder. “How is everyone enjoying the ball?....” The noble set waiting To hear everyone's positive response. The only response he truly cared about was his perfect little daughters’. But what ‘good’ parent doesn't put on a show for their child's friends.

Thomas finally cut to the chase and asked Markus “Captain Markus, I need to speak with you privately.” He walked away from the group waiting for Markus to follow him. Once the two were alone, no one could hear what they were talking about, especially Elora. The noble explained to the captain why he pull him away from the group.”Captain, I want to ask you a question. And I would like for you to answer it correctly.” Thomas's tone turned serious. “Do you have any feelings for my daughter?” He sat there as the captain went quiet on him. He was probably stunned by how forward Thomas was being. “I asked you this because I have grown a liking to you and your sense of righteousness. Your adventurous spirit matches my daughter. I believe you two would be a perfect match.“ The noble stood swirling the wine around and around in his glass. “So captain, what is your answer?”
Code By Nano

Elora.png

1655526464126.png

Elora waved her hand toward Markus "Many dream of being royalty until they find out the headaches that come with it." she pointed out as her golden gaze shifted over the crowd for a moment as she spotted Fara walking toward them. Ears twitched as the blonde male beside her spoke up, "Oh I'd be much of a distraction to the group, I'd think that's a bad idea wouldn't you agree?" she asked. There was doubt in her mind that her delicate hands would even dare touch a sword. Did she have the strength? Maybe. Would she find out anytime soon? Probably not. Swords were weapons that are not her first choice, in fact, she preferred to launch things and maybe stab things with small knives. A sword may be a bit too large for her...Yeah...Definitely.

As her best friend whispered into her ear, she released a series of giggles. Fara was right, her father did come off that way to a lot of people. To her, she knew that she was his little princess. But there was more layers to him that the young elf tried to ignore and see the better in him. If anyone thought that she was oblivious to his antics, they'd be wrong. El would overhear, sneak around, listen where she shouldn't. Sometimes she'd get ballsy enough to try to nose her way in and get the deeper details. Though she was always pushed out by her father who wanted her out of the danger. But knowing anything shady that he did...Always put her in the eyes of people with no doubt in her mind. Those eyes shifted back to Markus as Fara addressed him, and instantly she picked up on the sarcasm coming from the fellow elf. I could understand why she may not be having fun... Same with Markus... He was forced by my father where as Fara was forced by me for my own selfish wants. a small frown tugged the corners of her lips.

While the two conversed, she remained in her own mind for a little while. Did she really drag her best friend to be at something she could not enjoy? That was just not fair at all... Suddenly, her voice filled her ears, causing them to perk up as she mentioned a pub being far livelier. Whipping her glance over to Fara with sparkles in her eyes, she grasped her hands "Wait really?!" she said in a whisper, but it was a little louder just so she could "I would love to go! But...Wouldn't I be overdressed for something like that?" she asked, though more on asking herself than asking Fara. As she turned over towards Markus, her lips parted to speak but then her father had approached, asking how they enjoyed the party "It's great father, thank you!" the blue-haired elf said with her usual smile. But then he went to depart and started to take Markus away.

She frowned a little and looked back at Fara "Do you think Markus heard us? I don't wanna ditch him too if he's stuck here with... Well..." she gestured around to the ball with dresses and suits.

leviohsa leviohsa Slav Slav StealthyShades StealthyShades

sorry guys I didnt realize it was my turn >.>​

Excitement bubbled up within Faraine for the first time tonight, only for it to be doused by Elora's good-natured comment. Faraine muttered to herself something nobody could quite place, her voice quiet and sounding a bit irritated.
"You heard the guy, he said no.. Not our fault that the Captain has his duties.."

Once she finished, she huffed, Faraine would be lying if she claimed that she didn't feel pity for the blonde, knowing that being the Captain in charge of such an... interesting town must take a toll. Pity quickly dissipated, however, knowing that it wouldn't be very difficult for Captain Markus to catch up to the pair of Huldrans.

Jade-colored eyes peered over at the tall men, conversing outside of earshot, before looking back over at her friend with a knowing grin. "C'mon, Elora. It's now or never." Allowing no protest, the Huldran swiftly grasped the blue-haired heir's hand, deftly weaving through the affluent crowd and reaching the coat clerk she met earlier that very evening.

"Hello, Madam, I am here to pick up my coat!" Keeping her one hand latched onto Elora's, Faraine shoved her other hand in her pocket, finding the crumpled paper from earlier and brashly handing it to the polite old woman.

Said woman couldn't hold back the look of surprise and intrigue. An arched brow, followed with a quiet chuckle, was all she could muster before handing Faraine her rather large cloak, and Elora one of her coats that hung in her own home. "In case you get cold, Miss Edevane."

Faraine carefully released Elora's hand, almost worried that her friend would run away the instant she wasn't being dragged. Thanks to this fear, Faraine buttoned up her cloak in record speed, standing beside her friend whilst she waited for her to put on the much more ornate, expensive coat. "C'mon, hurry! We've got drinks to smash!" Faraine whispered this loudly, as if this were some sort of secret.

rookie knight

faraine.

• filler tab!

♡coded by uxie♡

Tramp.png

#CC712B
Tags:
StealthyShades StealthyShades

unknown.png
"Okay, that's good...!"

About time. Tramp could feel the weird glares sticking daggers in him at this point. He overheard the arrival of the party hosts, the Edevanes, popping in. That meant they needed to hurry; the last person that someone impersonating a party guest would want to meet is the person who invited them. After discretely stuffing the last pastry in through her coat, Tramp motioned for Rowan to begin moving away. Any longer there and he feared someone approaching them to—

A man caught up to them, introducing himself as Sebastian. Some servant of the Edevanes. Because of course.

Tramp couldn't help the tense smile he gave off. If only Rowan felt the same caution as he! And if a servant of Thomas' was here, could that have possibly meant they caught one of the hosts' eyes already...? "Thank you Sebastian, but I'm afraid I'm in a bit of a hurry today," Tramp began, putting the bubbly mimicked voice to use. "I am a little stressed from personal matters, so I don't plan on staying too long." She laid the back of her palm over her forehead. Hopefully he got the idea that Umbridge wanted to be alone.

She quickly departed from Sebastian, not even giving him a chance to say anything back.

"Change of plan," Tramp whispered to Rowan. "You need to take us to a spot as soon as I'm done setting up the diversion. I got a feeling we're being watched." Though Tramp said that, his gut feeling didn't tell him who or where the watching came from. Rowan acknowledged the order with a slight nod. The sooner they rid of the uncomfortable disguise, the quicker they could move on to phase two.

"Into him," he sharply spoke. Suddenly, Lady Umbridge crashed into another partygoer! "Oh my goodness!" she cried out—using the split second of tumbling to stuff his hand and a little trinket into the other man's pocket. Umbridge ended up in the man's stunned arms, just barely saved from an embarrassing sight on the ground. "I'm terribly sorry—I wasn't paying attention to where I was going..."

The other invitee scowled and opened his mouth to speak, only to deflate rapidly after catching sight of Umbridge's pitiful face. Tramp grinned inwardly at the success of his trained expressions. With one last wave, she left the speechless man alone. With the diversion set, all they needed was a place to set up. It didn't take long for the intruding beastfolk to spot a place. "Now, I spy with my little eye an alcove which we can—oh my..." Tramp froze, his gaze snared by the familiar sight of a blue-haired beauty.

A rise in temperature and red color swept across Tramp's face as he ogled Elora, taking her entirety in. She was beautiful. Her dress was stunning. From the outside, anyone with an eye on Lady Umbridge would have noticed an odd brushing movement from inside the back of her attire. Without him even realizing, Tramp's tail wagged.

"Tramp, what's going on...?" No response. A cold sweat trickled across Rowan's face. "Tramp... Tramp...!"

≛ Markus Ebner
『 TAGGED 』Interactions: Britt-21 Britt-21 StealthyShades StealthyShadesMentions:

"I already have too many headaches." Markus said to Elora, his gaze shifting to Thomas as he approached. The captain put on the best smile that he could muster, "Everything is great." Markus said, lying in order to keep his good appearance. The last thing he would want to do is insult the man overseeing the event. Markus raised an eyebrow as Thomas had decided to lead him away from the group. He didn't know what the older man had in mind, but if he had to guess, it probably wasn't going to be good for him.

Markus stood there, stunned at what he had just heard. Was the captain going deaf? Thomas's explanation for doing so had confirmed that he hadn't misheard the older man. This ball had turned even more for the worst. Not only did he have to appear here, but he also has to talk about his feelings. "Do I like Elora?" Markus asked out loud, glancing over to elven girl. He hadn't really thought much about it. She was strikingly beautiful, there is no contesting that. Markus didn't really know the answer to the question, so the captain was going to try and give his best answer.

"I like her as a friend, there is no doubt about that, and I do find her attractive. I can't really say I like her more than a friend because I simply hadn't had enough time to learn more about her." The captain tried his best to answer the question, despite the suddenness of it. The only thing Markus was worried about a moment ago was when he had to wake up for guard duty in the morning. The more he thought about everything, the more he got flustered. Would a girl like Elora really be interested in him? He thought that people saw the guards as brutes, not marriageable material.

code by @Nano

Elora.png

1656657948515.png
leviohsa leviohsa Slav Slav

A small sound erupted from her lips as she was suddenly dragged away by her best friend through the crowd of people. She's definitely quick with what she wants. I guess she really did hate being here at the ball. Elora wasn't offended at all, in fact, it was understandable. If she were forced into something she wouldn't have liked, she'd feel the same way as Fara had. Her feet instinctively followed straight to the door where the pair gathered their coats "Thank you." the blue-haired elf said to the older woman as she put on her coat that had been given to her. It is dark out, so no doubt it's absolutely freezing out there. she thought while putting one arm through her sleeve, followed by the other. Something about this situation almost felt like that maybe she was breaking some rules, maybe even running away. For her, it felt exciting. Exhilarating. Snapping from her thoughts, Fara shouted about smashing some drinks and she couldn't help but laugh. "Oh Fara, please, we both know the tavern isn't going anywhere in the night life."

She grasped her best friend's hand and began to hurry away herself though the shoveled out paths. With Elora in heels, no doubt her toes were going to be fairly cold. The coat could only do so much for her, which was why she was moving quickly to their destination "No doubt my father is going to wonder where in the world I had gone. I love parties, but I don't love them when my best friend isn't enjoying herself." poor Markus though. He kinda got stuck with her father for the time being and no doubt he was gonna be stuck for a hot minute. While cold air brushed those pale cheeks of hers, she released cloud after cloud into the cold. "Fara don't let me drag you in heels, I think that'd be shameful to you, don't you think?" she joked, laughing into the night. If this was already fun in itself, the nightlife in the tavern would be even more enjoyable. Though, maybe more fights that she'd have to be around, but she had Fara to protect her through that.​

Enjoy Yourself
Thomas A. Edevane
The captain's response sat simmering in the boiling water that was Thomas his anger. Did he deem my daughter to be only a friend and not worthy of his hand? His smile masked his true feelings. He laughed at Markus “Ha ha, well if you want more time with my daughter then that can be arranged.” Talking to the mayor wouldn’t be a problem at all. With the power, Thomas had he could get a new mayor in office, within 72 hours if he wanted. He stood there examining the captain's body language. He knew that the captain would rather be on patrol at this point and not stuck in the monkey suit. The nobles stared stare behind Markus in the direction of where his daughter used to be. Where’d sh.. This girl is just like her mother.

Thomas glanced at the entrance of the house, his daughter being dragged out of his house by her trouble-making friend. He also saw old Miss Umbrage have a dress malfunction as she stared googly-eyed towards his daughter. Well, that just ain't cricket. “Markus I have a request for you. I believe I just saw my daughter walk out into the cold without anyone to protect her. Can you please be her escort tonight?” Thomas winked at the captain insinuating that this was his way out if he so takes it. before Thomas left the captain he stated one last thing “I want her home by midnight….. Have fun.”
Code By Nano

Tramp.png

#CC712B
Tags:
StealthyShades StealthyShades Britt-21 Britt-21 @EveryoneIGuessBecauseBigFireChaosStuffHappening

dbuefl6-79aced04-1c5b-40fc-ac7e-1adc623cdd8b.jpg
The Beastkind felt a strong jab into his stomach, almost making him lurch forward from the sudden pain. "Tramp...!" Rowan called from below, knuckles shaking. "Snap out of it...!"

Tramp's eyes shook back to its focused, confident state. "Sorry...!" he uttered. Upon looking back up, Elora and her friend were gone. Not that he could dwell much; his brief intoxication probably took a lout out of their time constraints. That cursed Huldran... nobody else could make Tramp freeze up just by standing there, what was it about her? Fearing another smack from Rowan, he continued and directed his partner in crime towards the distant alcove. "Right... we need to get moving before your distraction goes—"

"HOT! HOT, HOT, HOT!"
A man's distant voice rang louder than all of the festivities, effectively quieting the background chatter as most of everyone's eyes drew towards a man amid a dance. His hands darted all around his complex attire, trying to find the pocket in which Tramp expertly hid their little toy. Smoke could be seen rising out of his clothing as he danced around, trying his damnedest to find it. Evidently he was too slow, as shortly after, deafening crackles of gunpowder and denser puffs of smoke emanated from his sole person.

Tramp could hear Rowan's facepalm. "We were supposed to be sneaking inside by now!"

As much as the orphaned Beastkind hated to admit, their off timing was on him. If they continued with the plan, they'd surely get spotted and caught. If they were going to act, it had to be now. "Maybe we can—"

There was a flash of orange, making Tramp squint for a moment. The man had found their trinket: whipping it out to better inspect the object behind his pain. It was a ball bigger than a person's fist: a few coals wrapped in rags drenched in lamp oil, plus added secret ingredients courtesy of Rowan to empower the ball. Only, in seconds, a small flame on the corner of the man's coat burst into flames and ate away at the cotton material. The ball, reacting to the higher heat, burst into a blinding light of fire, rising taller than any person could stand. The man, quickly thinking, removed his coat and threw it up in the air—only for it to catch on a dangling tapestry and spread through the air like multiple fireballs being shot around... was it supposed to be this effective?

"How much juice did you stuff in that thing?!" Tramp did not bother keeping his voice low or in Umbridge's pitch; the echoing screams did a fine enough job already.

"You said you wanted a big distraction, so I went big! I drained a dozen lamps for this whole thieving job, y'know."

Tramp sighed... then smirked. So the distraction worked better than intended after all, he thought as several guards ran from their posts to handle the chaos. "Actually, Rowan... things might work out just fine after all..."

However, as the duo moved, Tramp's lingering gaze got the better of him. The valuables on at least four people disappeared amid their panic, immediately after brushing past a hasty Lady Umbridge. She'd head into the alcove Tramp spotted earlier: an empty passage leading away from the crowds and towards the building itself from the side. The guards Tramp had expected to stay in position had left the planned point of entry relatively easy. Umbridge's clothes would be left on the floor.

"...I love parties, but I don't love them when my best friend isn't enjoying herself."
Despite the cheery mood she and her best friend shared, the incessant feeling of guilt couldn't help but creep its way in. It wasn't until this moment that it occurred to the knight that she was being a bit.. selfish. But Elora seemed to be enjoying herself, right?

Her question was answered nearly immediately by Elora's teasing nature, her breathes of laughter visible in the crisp winter air.
"Fara don't let me drag you in heels, I think that'd be shameful to you, don't you think?"
Well, if Faraine would choose to be selfish for the night, she might as well make it a fun decision for not only herself, but Elora too.

"Hey! I'm walking just fine, thank you very mu-"
Faraine paused, the smile once lifting her features now lowering into a curious frown. Smoke? It was normal to smell some wood burning, since the chimneys in the buildings surrounding them were working tirelessly to provide warmth to the families inside. However, this much smoke was.. alarming. Faraine stopped in her tracks, spinning herself around in an attempt to find the source.

By now they were only a block or two away from the party they had narrowly escaped, but when she faced the cursed building, the young knight couldn't help but mutter a few curses,
"You've got to be kidding.."
Turning to face the blue-haired woman, she continued,
"Elora, sorry about this, but. We need to go back."
The Huldran insisted, figuring her friend would immediately spot the unnatural amounts of smoke rising from her large home, and agree with her.

Faraine moved as fast as she could, ignoring the unnatural feeling of trying to rush in heels. The closer the knight got, the louder the screams were. Curiosity quickly shifted to concern, green eyes spotting various guests nearly sprinting out into the streets. Was Elora's father alright? And what of the Captain?

Faraine knew Elora would want to go search for her father, but she simply couldn't allow it. Quickly, Faraine turned to her friend.
"Elora. I'm going to go inside, see if I can help diffuse the situation with the Captain and your father's guard. Stay out here, maybe help soothe the wounded? You've always had a knack for it, especially with the Light."
It was true, Elora was always able to comfort and cheer up any soul, even without her innate magical ability. Faraine, on the other hand, was much better at things that were more.. hands on.

So, with a quick hug, and a reassuring smile, Faraine rushed into the smoke-filled home, looking for the Captain. Needless to say, her smaller frame nearly collided with several panicked heirs and heiresses. Narrowly dodging them all, Faraine made a bee-line for the center of the chaos: the ballroom.

Her eyes widened, the smoke making them water. What met her gaze was a blaze that ran along the once glittering tapestries, burning pieces of expensive fabrics falling akin to snow. Amidst the chaos, it wasn't difficult to find the few calm, trained people. Captain Markus was helping a guest, across the hall from herself. So, Faraine bee-lined to him, hoping she could be of some assistance to him.

"Captain! Sorry for bailing on you. Elora is safe, outside. We came as soon as we saw the smoke. What can I do?"
Her demeanor was eager, the desire to help clear in the way she was nearly bouncing with anticipation. This was a stark contrast to her previously detached, bored nature from earlier in the evening.

rookie knight

faraine.

• filler tab!

♡coded by uxie♡

Users who are viewing this thread

Back