• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom the new student. | private bnha thread w/ Iryxa1

kitpu

мooncнιld.
It had long since passed the day in which the other students had started class. Mika de Souza had transferred in late thanks to her school back in America taking a near unbearable amount of time to process her paperwork and send it to U.A.. Though she received plenty of strange looks as Aizawa introduced her to the class--as if she were an intruder--she steeled her composure and gave no signal that the stares made her anxious, instead looking out over the crowd with apathetic brown eyes. Once finished, she bowed, as was customary to do as a sign of respect here, and maneuvered her way to the open desk nearest the window. The curious gazes followed her as she went, glazing over her foreign features, darker complexion, and fiery red hair. She stood out, that was for certain. Thus far, she hadn't even seen another student that wasn't Japanese. She heard quiet murmurs from the other side of the class, some worried, taking into account that she hadn't spoken a word since coming in and wondering if she knew the language. She uttered a sigh and reached into her bag to pull out a sketchbook, well-worn and splattered with paint from her previous oil project.

The class seemed to pass by quickly, and before long, the teacher stood and said that it was time for their break, and that everyone should be back in the classroom and seated within twenty minutes. Not a moment after Aizawa left, Mika heard a blond-haired boy with an unkempt uniform scoff and then saw him launch from his seat, strutting over to someone with curly hair that sat towards the front. At first she thought that they might be friends; at least, until he began spewing various insults about God-knows-what, making the other boy shrink in his seat. The sight was enough to cause a bolt of anger to fly through her, and within a split second, she was closing in on the rowdy teenager, shoving his shoulder just as his hand began sparking with what she assumed was an explosion Quirk.

"Back off." Her voice was harsh and deep, the fact that she spoke Japanese alone enough to lift several heads. Those heads remained upright when seeing that she had not only spoken up to, but pushed Katsuki Bakugou without any sort of remorse. "I think that if even a new kid gets that you shouldn't be flaunting your fucking Quirk around in the classroom, that someone who's been here for a while should, too."

Bakugou gawked at her, at her fearless, deadpan eyes, and then at the fingers still wrenched in the sleeve of his uniform. "You're...gonna regret that," he articulated slowly, face contorting into a look of solemn fury. Before he could do a thing, though, Mika released him with a huff, shaking her head as she cast a glance at the boy he'd been bullying, entirely disregarding the fight she'd started.

"You okay?" she asked. If one were to look closely, they might be able to spot the ever-so-slight maternal air that had crossed her round face.

{ Iryxa1 Iryxa1 }

Last edited:
It's another day, and and another dawn as they say. Izuku managed to get into U.A to become a hero just like all might; the greatest hero in history, who never frowns in the face of a battle. At least that's what majority of population thought. But he knew the truth, he knew All Might's secret. He could only be a hero several hours a day until he 'deflates'. Of course no one knew about it but a very limited number of people. Him included. He never used his new quirk. He was barely even suitable enough to even hold one for all. Although he wouldn't give up because he wanted to be like him no matter the costs. He heard that there was going to be a new student in 1-A, izuku's class. He didn't know much about her except that she was a transfer female student. Will she be a neutral or be bullying and picking on weaker onces like Kacchan?

At the start of the day, nothing seemed to be unordinary and out of place. They finally met the transfer student with her statue like posture. Short red hair, she stood out with the hair color. But it's not like izuku had a normal hair color. Who had green hair these days? It was nice seeing someone who could relate to him by being an outcast in the class. He hoped the he wouldn't get picked on again on his break. By anyone. Izuku was the type of person who did not have very many friends and preferred to stay out of everything on his own. Although if people were nice enough to him, he would have someone to lean on. While llida was on his duties, uraraka was sick. So he currently did not have anyone to talk to.

On the break he for sure thought that he would be left alone for once and stares to feel relieved, but then out of no where, he heard a yell of his least favorite person who always picked on him. Even though he knew kacchan ever sense he was little. He was never his friend in the least. He changed dramatically one he got his quirk. While everyone else thought that 'Deku' was quirkless. Being called deku was now a regular thing to him even though it wasn't his name. His old friend didn't seem to be in s good mood so he picked on izuku. He really did shrink in his chair when he thought he was about to get pushed. He opened his eyes and looked up after nothing happened. What he saw made his jaw drop almost to the floor but he resisted. But kacchan being pushed by a new teamfered girl? Kacchans reputation wassbiut to get dropped to the rock bottom.
"Iam altight" he said with a shaky voice still trying to take in what he just saw. Although her Japanese was broken, it was understandable.
"You're the first person to ever do that to him. " he said as his shock turned into s grin. " I get pushed around alot sense I can't properly use my quirk" he confessed awkwardly. He also wondered what language she did speak besides broken Japanese.

"I'm glad that you're alright," she said, watching as Bakugou glared at her, returning to his seat. She muttered a few curses beneath her breath in Spanish, but eventually put the encounter out of her mind, instead resolving to focus on the boy that was before her. He didn't know how to use his Quirk properly, yet? She'd never heard of such an occurrence at their age, but she supposed she wasn't one to judge. "Regardless of why you're being bullied, it's not an excuse. It shouldn't happen to start with." She cast a brief glance back at Bakugou. "We're all pretty new with our powers. It's only to be expected that some would have a different pace than the rest."

Tucking some of her thick hair behind her ear and seeing that kids were talking around her desk, she slipped into the empty seat next to Izuku, trying and failing to not think about the countless eyes boring into the back of her head. Apparently what he'd said about no one having done that before was true. Seemed like most of the kids thought she had a death wish. "He already said it up front, but I'm Mika. Just call me that. Most people get confused by my surname, anyway," she said, giving a soft laugh. She was still guarded, but as always, she strategically tried to make herself simultaneously seem as aloof as possible while also keeping any personal details from being brought to the surface. "It sure isn't helping the fact that I look different than everyone, but hey. At least I'm training here, I guess. People will have to get used to me one way or another."

She stretched, kicking her boots out from underneath her desk. "But hey," she started, suddenly turning to the other freshman as if she'd forgotten something, "sorry that was your first impression of me, yeah? Hope you don't get scared of me, or some shit. If I'm being honest, I just hate seeing things like that happen." Out of the corner of her eye, she could see a girl with brown hair smiling at her in awe, looking at her as if she were the coolest person in the world. She couldn't help but smile a bit in pride. "So I'll make sure it doesn't happen again."

"It's just the aay it is." He admitted. He realized that he spoiled half the secret after he said it. Hopefully no one would catch on and it'll stay is it currently is. Death wish or no death wish, she saved and stood up for izuku. He had a lot to thank her about. He would start out by telling her his name. "My name is izuku. But majority who were in my class last year, call me Deku. Kacchan says it stands for 'useless' because I didn't have a quirk for longer than most kids in the generation." He explained. Everyone said that you can't get in the U A just by studying. So All might giving him his quirk; one for all, was an absolute miracle and a dream come true. Who j owe what would happen if the secret got out.
"But thank for saving me. I thought I was going to be a laughing stock again" it's not like it was that unusual for him to get bullied and all. But he was still really thankful for what she did back there.

"Speaking of which, what is your quirk? The guy that you saved me from had an explosion quirk, Tsuyu has all properties of a frog, Todoroki is probably the most powerful one in here though" he said trying to remember all the quirks from everyone. "Ururaka's quirk is zero gravity but she isn't here today." He tried to remember all the names he heard. "There's also kyoka, her quirk is something like ultra sound waves? Llida has something to do with speed. Although I don't remember all." He finished. He thought it would be good to tell her all the names to fit in better. It's not everyday you get transferred to U A academy. He didnt know if it was enough for a repay, but he hoped it was. Because he didn't have anything else. He was just a quirkless guy who gets bullied in the s

The question perturbed her, admittedly, and in response to her sudden spike of nerves, the water bottle on the desk beside her began bubbling from within, which she quickly blocked view of with her body before Izuku could see. At this point, regardless of the change in scenery and the fact that Quirks were obviously more accepted here, it had become a habit to hide hers. In her previous school, she'd been the only one in her grade to have one, and a powerful one, at that. Many children had feared her characteristic silence, believing that she'd use her powers for things other than good, while others would attempt to forge friendships for her possession of them alone. She'd simply rather not use it in public, or even so much as speak about it if not absolutely necessary. Just as her mouth began to open, she was spared from explanation by the brunette she saw earlier coming over to talk. She instantly turned to greet the other, almost breathing a sigh of relief before she caught herself.

"It's like, really cool that you stood up to him like that," she whispered, kneeling beside the desk that Mika sat at. Mika blinked, and then smiled slightly. As always, the smile was one that was calm and not particularly enthused, one that served the purpose of letting the other person know she wasn't annoyed or disinterested in the conversation. Ochako matched it with an open-mouthed one of her own. "Things can get kinda heated sometimes when Aizawa-sensei isn't here to help. So it's good you were able to step in." She cast a somewhat apprehensive look back at Bakugou, who was steaming at his desk with his cheek crammed into the dip of his palm. Mika could tell what she was thinking; it was the same thing everyone else was thinking. This new girl is gonna die for messing with him. Truth be told, the only pang of fear she felt towards the situation stemmed towards their collective aversion to Katsuki. Maybe what she said would doom her to a fight in the near future, but she was sure that she wouldn't allow herself to get backed into a corner while around him. If he managed to close in on her, it would be when she was amply supplied with water to use in her defense.

"It's fine," she said, leaning back so that Izuku could be included in the conversation. She didn't want him feeling left out. "I guess it's just kinda how I am, y'know? It wouldn't have mattered who it was." A finger reached up as she braced her chin on the knuckles of one hand to play with a few strands of her hair. "Maybe it'll screw me over at some point, but who really cares. At least someone's getting defended." She glanced at Izuku and remembered what he'd said suddenly.

"Okay," she began, thinning her lips as if thinking. "So you're Izuku, right? And you've gotta be Uraraka." She nodded in satisfaction at Ochako's grin widening, and then at Izuku's affirmative expression. "Alright. I shouldn't forget, but if I do, just remind me, okay?"

Izumi was a bit upset when he didn’t get to hear about the new girls quirk. But perhaps he was pushing it a bit too early, she just joined and she didn’t have to tell every little detail about herself. Of course he wasn’t the one to talk. He was tested like trash one he said he had no quirk of his own. Getting one from all night was pretty unusual, however it had to be kept a secret. Who knew what would happen. “Hello Uraraka” he greeted her with a friendly smile. She was one of the people who didn’t hate him for being different. And was really friendly. Everyone stares slowly disappeared. And it was a relief. He didn’t want anything to do with extra bullies. Although what could he do? Mika couldn’t be there to always protect him. He just met her too. The only thing he could do is learn how to control his quirk properly, so he won’t break any arms or legs.

He managed to pass the exam but only as last place. He was so worked up at first that he would get expelled, that he didn’t know what to think. But apparently it was just a joke the teach made to scare students off. Mika probably didn’t know, but All might was one of their teachers in U.A. Having just enough time to lead the class until he deflated again. Three hours a day as hero must suck. Is what he thought but he couldn’t do anything about it. Plus his power was slowly weakening now that he transferred his power into Deku. And when he finally runs out of power what would happen to him? He didn’t want to think any of the negative thoughts he had going on in his head. Surely enough, he would be able to learn how to control One For All. That goes without saying. He had to. Otherwise he would fail as his vessel. He also wondered from time to time, who were the other one for all users? But that was for him to ask all night himself.

Now he realized that there was one more person being nice to him. Which was Mika. Although he still didn’t know what her quirk was, he wasn’t rushing it. He would as somebody other time. It wait until she tells him on his own. That would be the best way though.

“Hope you don’t forget. It isn’t very hard to remember either. I mean ‘Deku’ means ‘useless’ and the spike hair explosion dude always calls me by that, so you’ll remember no problem.” He was confident that she would be calling him Deku form now on just like everyone else. Although he did get used to it and accepted it as his nickname. He didn’t mind.

Perhaps she often was made uncomfortable with too much of a crowd, but she couldn't help but be relieved at Ochako's sudden appearance. She didn't know the girl, of course, but at the very least she'd spared her an explanation. Mika couldn't quite understand herself why she avoided talking about her Quirk. Even when she tried to justify it to herself, the discomfort towards doing so seemed a little juvenile. Perhaps it was the for same reason that she often avoided showing off her drawings to people until she got to know them better. Sometimes people would try and befriend her solely so they could wrangle a drawing or portrait of themselves out of her. Izuku's soft voice drew her from her thoughts.

Mika made a face. "Why would I call you something like that?" she said, laughing at the ridiculousness of the concept. "Geez, relax. Just saved your ass there and you're already worrying that I'm gonna pick on you?" She leaned onto the edge of her desk, so she was closer to Izuku, and lowered her voice. "Do I look like the bleached sea urchin over there? You don't give me enough credit. I'm only ever mean to people that deserve it. And trust me, so long as you've got more sense than he does, you'll be juuuuust fine."

"Well," Ochako began, attempting to stifle a giggle at the jab towards Katsuki she'd overheard, "I always thought it kinda sounded like 'don't give up'! I think that fits a lot better, don't you?" She was glad to see that someone else was being kind to Izuku. Although he'd made a lot of friends, she hadn't seen anyone thus far willing to put themselves on the line for him when it came to Bakugou. But this new girl it seemed, even now that she had learned of how dangerous he was, didn't seem to regret her decision. Perhaps Izuku had become more confident in himself, but he always could use more support, especially with Katsuki. What sort of Quirk did she have that kept her from being afraid of an explosion variant? They were always prided on brute strength. So was she just braver than the majority of the human race, or was she packing secrets of her own? Either way, she was pretty cool.

"I suppose that makes sense," Mika considered, but then shrugged. "I'm still probably gonna call him by his first name." She glanced over at the boy, searching for signs of discomfort, evident or underlying, towards the nickname mentioned previously. It seemed that even with Ochako's encouragement, the name still carried some weight, and so she didn't for a second doubt her choice. "That cool with you? Or d'ya want me to call you by your surname? Guess the same goes for you, Uraraka."

"Ochako's fine!"

He looked at her with a head tilt. “You think so?” He asked. He didn’t really think it sounded that encouraging. But whatever she wanted to call him, would be fine by him. It’s not everyday a girl is nice to a quirkless guy. He was fine if he was called by his first name or second. Just as long as he wasn’t called a nickname to offensive or crazy, he was fine with it. “ I know kacchan goes out of his way to meek me feel bad often” he said as he toons glance over to the back. It seems he wasn’t staring them out anymore either and rather talking to his fellows. He really hated seeing such a dramatic change In him. “You know” he started as his time got a bit more serious.

“Kacchan wasn’t like this all the time. When we were little kids, I used to look up to him when we were little. He was a role model to most of the kids in kindergarten.” He looked out the window for a few seconds “until he got his quirk.” He said. It’s a bit of a long life story, but that was the main reason he started bullying people.

“It’s a long story” he said. He knew kacchan ever sense the two of them were little. Although he want always the best person to talk to. He always had this attitude of being so proud of himself and being at the top. “Well whats done is done.” He said as he turned his head back at the two of them. He decided to stay positive. After all, what would come out of being so depressed and sad all the time?

The break was slowly coming to an end. Now he slowly befriended Mika. She was wasn’t the meany she looked like. He guessed that’s where ‘don’t judge a book by its cover’ came in.

The break came to an end and Mika stood up from where she sat, returning to the desk she'd chosen at the beginning of the period now that the kids that had crowded around it had dispersed. Before she could reach it, however, the boy she'd intimidated into silence casually slid his leg out from under his own. Within moments, she was sent flying towards the floor. Empty desks on either side of her--given how tightly they were packed into neat rows throughout the small classroom--scraped noisily against the concrete when pushed aside; the pocket of her blazer had gotten hooked on the pointed edge of one as she fell, tearing the corresponding side so that the buttons attached to it had been ripped from their threads and the sleeve had been yanked harshly down her shoulder. And once the loud scene had ended, silence reigned. Uraraka had clasped her hands over her mouth in horror while Bakugou grinned triumphantly, the rest of the kids staring, horrified, at what had become of the new student.

Mika wanted to run. She wanted to leave without bothering to take any of her stuff with her, to abandon this looming stranger of a school with not so much as a fleeting glance behind her. But she didn't. She knew that if she did, Bakugou would feel as though he'd won; he'd believe that he'd beaten another kid into submission and terrified silence. To him, she was a threat. She had knocked his pride down a peg earlier, had gotten in his way. Now she was going to suffer for it, and he felt it was justified.

She slowly collected herself, taking a steep and shaking breath as tears burned in her eyes, threatening to spill. Her shoulder ached from where her coat had dug with bruising force into her flesh, but she pulled the tattered garment back into place, flattening the lapels and pulling the now-useless threads from the hem. Fighting against any emotion that would threaten to rear its ugly head, she got to her feet quietly. Her socks had runs in the knees, she realized, from skidding across the hard floor.

She started making her way back to her seat, only to hear a quiet hiss of, "Serves you right, you American bitch," from Bakugou. She responded at the same soft volume, but in English (which she knew he would have learned enough of in class to understand) with, "Eat shit and die."

Aizawa was at a loss for what to do, but simply resumed class with the intention of asking Mika once the hour had ended if she was alright. He didn't want to embarrass her further. Every once in a while, he would peek briefly over to her during his lectures, in which he would see her in the same position: her head bowed over her work, shoulders tense and rising with each silent but sharp breath inwards and outwards. The water bottle on the floor by her bag was bubbling, he noticed, and understood it was likely her Quirk's way of dealing with extreme emotion. He hadn't heard of water manipulation Quirks having that side effect before, but then again, each one varied at least a little bit.

Class ended, and without saying a word, Mika left the classroom at a brisk pace, not stopping to look at any of the students. She wanted nothing more than to retreat to her home back in America.

Izumi just stared in horror at what just happened to his new classmate. He wanted to help her, however was too shocked ‘that isn’t what a hero would do’ he thought furiously in his head during the lectures. He couldn’t believe he just stared and was one of those students. He wanted to ask if she was alright during other breaks, but she seemed to be unapproachable which made sense considering what happened. He was still angry at kacchan. He wanted to yell to his face, but that would make things even worse for him and for Mika too. He could see that Ochako was also worried. But he could only clinch his fists in anger. He was absolutely useless at the subject even though he wanted to help. But he made up his mind to catch her after school. He wasn’t just about to let someone who just got hurt, unattended. Especially if it was a new student. She didn’t deserve it.

Lecture and work and lecture and more work went by. But he could see that even teach; Aizawa was worried about her. And apparently, the three (Izuku, Ochako, And Aizawa) were the only onces who were worried about Mika. Another break, she still seemed broken like glass. Considering she was the first person to do something about him being bullied, he knew he had to do something about it. At least make her feel better. The day was slowly going by.

On the lunch break, all the kids were going to the lunch room except him. Althogh asked by Ochako, he refused and sat in the desk. At least a note would be good right? Is what he thought. Don’t worry about it! And iam really sorry and hope that you’re okay! Is what he wrote. It wasn’t much, but all he could do inthe current situation. Even though neither of it was his fault, he felt guilty about it like it was actually because of him. Hoping that it would do some effect, he threw a folded piece of paper into her desk, and ran off to lunch. After which it was finally the last subject of the day.

After a while all kids came back. To the classroom. Hoping that she would notice the note, he was as still as a statue with nervousness. She wouldn’t think it’s from kacchan and throw it away, now would she?

Mika returned from lunch. She'd removed her blazer and pulled a sweater over the white button-up shirt that came as part of the uniform, knowing that she had cold blood and would be freezing in the drafty room otherwise. She was still wearing her torn-up stockings, merely having pulled them further up her legs. She approached her desk with fleeting glares at Katsuki, who gladly returned them, then at the floor to assure herself that there wasn't a leg planted in her path. Her knees, through the nylon of her socks, could be seen, bruised and turning black and purple from her brutal descent to the floor earlier. Her shoulder ached perhaps more than it had initially. Still, she'd since steeled her resolve, face presenting to the outside world nothing but disinterest and irritation. It was a defense mechanism. This way, they wouldn't see the unease that she felt coming into the classroom. They wouldn't be able to tell that her stomach was playing the role of an acrobat within her, nor would be able to notice the icy fear that was spreading just beneath her skin like linen sheets dried outside on a cold day, slowly coming to rest over an unused bed. Her body demanded she turn back. But she didn't.

There was a note placed on her desk, kindly folded in half, the edges clearly matched perfectly and deliberately. But before she could look at it, just as her hand was mere inches away, one that belonged to another lunged in front of her. The care put into the presentation of the paper was squandered within an instant, the boy crumpling it within his palm. "This important to you?" he cooed, watching her eyes go round and her mouth fall slack.

First it was in his hand. Then, it was mere ashes in the midst of popping sparks and flames.

"What the fuck is your problem?" she said through steep, heaving breaths. Her hands were wrenched in the hem of her skirt. "Do you just live to make people feel awful? That get you off? Huh?"

"And what are you gonna do about it?" he retorted. He opened his fingers, and the black crisps of what once was meant for her fluttered to the floor, blown about the room with a mere gust from the air conditioner. "Aizawa ain't here to protect you. Whatever Quirk you've got? It's useless compared to mine. Maybe you got a big head earlier, but playing tough isn't gonna help you anymore."

Mika remained silent. All at once, her features relaxed, her chin raising ever-so-slightly so that her dark gaze was pinned to the red fury before her. "Fuck this," she breathed. The top of her untouched water bottle popped open, water bubbling to the surface. Then, a rippling but solid rope was plowing into Katsuki's face with enough force to knock him back and topple the desk behind him over with him on top of it.

"Now you listen to me, you piece of shit," she said, approaching him. The water clinging to the tips of her fingers, still held in the shape of a ribbon, dangled innocently before the boy's raw, pink cheek, and bleeding nose. "Maybe you've gotten away with flaunting your pretty little Quirk around and scaring kids into subservient, terrified little rats, but it isn't gonna fly with me. You think what you're doing is even comparable to the intentions of a hero? It's pathetic that you think you're entitled to behave like some feral animal the moment your pride is threatened." She leaned forward, so much so that Bakugou could catch a wind of her tangy peach perfume. "Keep this up, and it's gonna bite your sorry ass one day."

Then, she was backing away, into the open aisle between the desks, and striding out of the room with every intention to just go home.

Izuku got angry with that remark. Not only kacchan was crossing g the line on a transfer kid, but he was getting on his nerves. What exactly is he getting out of Messing with her? Satisfaction? Why did he even want to become a hero with a personality and attitude like that? He knew that kacchan wanted to surpass all might and all, but part of being a hero, would be to cooperating with other heroes. Izuku was beginning to think that he shouldn’t be going to U.A like that. It didn’t require all skill and muscles.

Izuku clenched his fists as he couldn’t really do anything at the moment until he got stronger. He glanced back to see what was going on. Looks like Mika was defending herself just fine though. Although her facial expression said the opposite. It was a bit grim in his eyes. But as long as Kacchan learned his lesson, everyone else should be fine. Now he understood that no one should mess with her. Now he wasn’t even sure if he himself should try to talk to her. But he first had to make through the last subject at the school. After that, he would have to catch her before she ran off. Because anyone would feel like dying under a rock after that.

He felt pity for Kacchan now. Although he still wasn’t going to be able to fight against him. If he did pick a fight, he would certainly get it. But what could be worse than death? Surely enough he wouldn’t go as far as killing anyone no matter how much he hated someone. If he did, he would not only be expelled from U.A, but also would get into some big big trouble with the pro heroes. He muttered something to himself. Even he didn’t understand what he said because he said it unconsciously, but whatever it is, it was probably not pleasant.

Finally the bell rang and all students took their seats. However he couldn’t stop feeling like it was his fault that Mika was having a bad first day of school in here. He didn’t even care about finding out about her quirk anymore as long as he could apologize to her at He end of the school. Hopefully he could. If Kacchan got in the way, he would just use his quirk to smash him, even though he would break his arm doing so.

The time seemed to go by more slower than usual but at the end he managed to survive the day. He quickly put all his. Things away and put the bag on his shoulders. While people where already leaving, he ran out to find Mika again. Hopefully she didn’t leave yet.

Mika had to wait by the gate regardless of how badly she wanted to leave. Though she knew it was closed for their own protection, prided on being impenetrable, she couldn't help but abhor it for standing in her way now. With a sigh, she sunk down the trunk of a nearby tree, pulling out her phone and resting it on the knees she'd pulled to her chest. She was able, at least, to pass the time quickly by texting friends back home and playing the repetitive games she had crammed in a folder on her homescreen. When the bell rang, the heavy metal bordering the school slammed back into the ground. Mika yelped at the sudden, horrendously loud noise, nearly falling onto her stomach and catching herself just in time.

Perhaps her heart might be slamming against her ribs now, but at least she was done. The school day had at last drawn to a close, and now she could relax in the safety of her home, away from prying eyes. She took a long breath inwards to calm herself, and stood, dusting her untidy uniform off. Slinging her bag over her shoulder, she passed through the front gate just prior to the rush of students clambering to do the same.

Her walk towards home was slow, the events of the day weighing heavy in her mind. She dreaded the idea of returning to class tomorrow, knowing she'd probably be avoided like she carried a deadly illness, or whispered about. It was likely that a war had been waged between her and Katsuki, one that was hardly finished by her attack last period. The boy was strong, both in terms of physical strength and mental fortitude. The idea dismayed her. She didn't know if she wanted to sob or break something. All she'd done was what she believed to be right, and now she was being punished for it; she didn't know how today could have been worse. Her appearance alone made her stand out, and despite her initial plan of blending into the background once the class had gotten used to her, there was no chance of that happening now. She'd practically made a front page article of herself.

She eventually came across the cafe that she'd frequented since arriving in Japan. Approaching the front wall, she took a moment to lean back, pulling the hair that hadn't fallen forward already from the braids it was in. She undid the top few buttons of her dress shirt that peeked out from the collar of her sweater, hoping it might allow her to even her breathing, rough with anxiety. She was relieved to feel less restricted, freer. She turned to the door, rejuvenated, but paused when she heard quick footsteps behind her.

Izuku?

After the bell has rang, he carried his feet as fast as he could to catch up with Mika. Hoping that she didn’t leave yet, he kept on bumping into students due to the crowd trying to get out. He constantly said “sorry” and “excuse me” as he ran. Izuku almost tripped on his feet trying to get by. He felt like his heart was about to burst from running. If he could, he could use his quirk to get by much faster, but then his leg would be broken in one go and he was going to be certain to drop on the floor.

As he ran, he got a bit delayed by a sudden encounter with Kacchan. He bumped into him carelessly because he wasn’t looking where he was going. “Whatcha were you’re going piece of shit”
He stared him out with a murderous intent in his eyes. “I uh sorry!” He said as he got up in his feet after the fall. Kacchan grabbed him by his face and said “don’t you see Iam walking here?!” He said as he kept delaying Izuku from finding Mika “that little red head won’t be here to save you ya know” he said as he punched him. Izuku only got punched like that when he annoyed Kacchan too much. Although the evil mastermind was never calm in the first place, there are times when he breaks through the wall. That’s the time when Izuku ends up getting bruises. Could the timing be any more worse?

Few minuets later, Izuku managed to escape without dealing with his bruises. He just put bandaids here and there and continued his search for Mika, thinking that she probably already left. He gasped for air as he ran towards the gate. Everyone else already left the school a while ago except him and Kacchan. And hopefully Mika. Somehow, he was thankful that he wasn’t the only person who got bruised by Kacchan over and over again. Although Mika gave him hell after he did that, and he deserved it, he still felt like he should apologize for everything that has happened. If she didn’t step up for him, she would’ve probably had a normal reputation as a student of U.A academy. She should’ve just let him be. It’s not the first time he got teased in the classroom.

He slowed down once he got to the gate. Gasping for more breaths and putting his hands on his knees. After gulping a breath, he turned around to look if he had fought up with her. His wounds hurt a bit more from running, but he could endure. It wasn’t nearly as bad as she had it. He even refused Uraraka’s invitation to go home to gather because he wanted to apologize to Mika for what happened.

He saw Mika walking back at the gate when he looked up. He gathered his breath and shouted her name. “Mika wait up!”

She turned just in time to see Izuku running after her, panting heavily. Had he sprinted all the way here? More importantly, why was he covered in bandages and bruises? Her eyes went wide as he approached, shaking her head in disbelief. "Jesus Christ! What happened to you?" Somehow, she had a feeling she knew. Still, she wanted to hear it from him before she assumed anything. Maybe Katsuki had given the two of them hell earlier, but he was still a human, and therefore in her mind deserving of being given the benefit of the doubt. "Your face is all swollen, dude." As he approached, maternal instinct overwhelmed her and she reached up to his face, trailing her fingertips over the welts left behind from his beating. She knew that there was no helping it; if she could help, she had to. There was nobody around to witness her Quirk aside from Izuku himself, anyway, and thus she reached into her bag, pulling out what was left of her water. She drew it from its container, watching idly as it enveloped her hand and chilled to a temperature that gave even her goosebumps. It needed to be cold, though not freezing, so as to alleviate the swelling. Once again, she touched his face, though now with water swirling about her deft fingers, and held him still with a firm hold on his shoulder, so that when he winced at the cold that he wouldn't halt her attempt to help.

"It's no healing Quirk," she began, her brow furrowing with focus, "but it'll help at least a little. You've gotta keep the swelling in check, or else risk it getting really bad. You got fucked up good." She looked up at his expression, saw the surprise and confusion residing there, and then sighed. "Look. I know it's a little uncomfortable and a little too close, but it's best to work on it while it's still fresh. Just bear with me."

After a while, however, the strain on her arms from reaching upwards for such an extensive amount of time was getting a bit much, particularly after the assault on her shoulder from earlier. She glanced around, looking for anything that might make the height difference a little more comfortable. A bench was nearby, although further down the sidewalk. With little effort, she split the water she was using to help Izuku in half, throwing a part towards the leg of the bench and pulling it to them with a loud scrape. "C'mon. Sit. It'll make it easier for me. Then you can tell me what exactly happened that you got this badly hurt."

She hoped this wasn't too much too soon. All she wanted to do was help. She tried to think solely about her good intentions, to disperse the worries that buzzed incessantly within her skull like flies. Before long, even the harsh exterior she worked hard to maintain while in public slowly melted away, leaving in its path only relaxed concentration.

After huffing and running, he took a few deep breaths and was about to talk, but then she spoke before he could say anything. Was she really that sensitive to someone being hurt? She was hurt way more so she should’ve done something about all her wounds first before caring about him. Izuku wasn’t used to getting treated. He always had to just deal with it when he got beat up by anyone. There wasn’t really a point in caring about a useless and quirkless guy anyway. Well he had a quirk, he just couldn’t control it well. But then again, who was he to judge a book by its cover. If she had a reason she had a reason so he shouldn’t butt in unless it was necessary.

He sssnt used to being treated, so he made all kinds of faces while so. Surprisingly though, it didn’t hurt as much. He felt way better once he got the treatment by Mika. She managed to control water as he saw her do. Was that her quirk? Water control? He could t really get it sense it was just one move, and everyone knows that cold water does well against any type of swelling. You didn’t have to have a medical quirk to know so. Should he ask? Or was that going to considered as going a bit overboard snese he only knew her for less than a day? Either way, she would tell him once time was right.

“Umm thanks” he said. He almost lost the thought of what he was going to tell her in the first place. But thankfully he remembered. He was going to apologize to her for what happened today and about Kacchan sense it seemed that he had left already through the back entrance and exit. Finally that he was free of swelling, he said “listen, I was going to say that iam really sorry about what happened today” he relaxed from his tension a bit. “I know it’s your first day, and you as a new kid shouldn’t have helped me back there” he said as he lowered his head a bit from the feeling of guilt. “This always happened to me so it wasn’t really that unusual. But now because of me, you had a bad first day and you got yourself seriously hurt.” He continued with his speech. Even if she did try to hide it, he knew that she already felt bad just by looking at her form previous classes. He wouldn’t even ask her about her quirk if that meant she could feel better. Hopefully she would feel better. “And that slip of palaver was from me. I wanted to write the same thing on it, but Kacchan didn’t seem to like it” he said with a deep and loud sigh. Now he just had to wait for her response.

"Nah," Mika said, lips parting with a soft chuckle. "Why would you think I'd just be okay with watching something like that happen to you? You didn't do anything to deserve it. I'd feel awful if I just stood off to the side." The unoccupied hand that had previously rested idly on her lap went about fiddling with the half of the water she'd used to pull the bench closer; it was formed into hearts and stars, a clearly rehearsed action being that her finger knew precisely what to do even without her attention on it. "Doesn't matter that I'm a new student. Sure, it's awkward the first few weeks, but who cares? The people worth keeping in your life will overlook stupid things like what happened today." She drew her hand away for a moment, relieved to see that the swelling was going down, but then placed the water back over his flesh once again; his cheek had warmed it with how long it had been pressed against his face, so she had to cool it down just as she had before. "Bruises heal quickly. Doesn't matter how many I end up getting, because I'll be fine within a couple days. Seems like a pretty good trade-off for Katsuki giving you at least some peace of mind. I'll chew him out for this," she gestured to his injuries, "tomorrow. Look. Maybe you're scared of him--makes sense given how long you've known him--but I'm not. Guys like him need to be put in their place once in a while. Otherwise they go traipsing around, thinking they own the world."

After a while, she was content with the results of her care, and drew the ribbon of water away, easing it back into her open bottle with a couple of showy twirls first. The water bottle was not for her to drink out of during the day, but rather a protective measure in case something were to happen--like today. "There," she said, snapping the lid shut. "Like I said, I can't do much. I don't have a healing Quirk, just water manipulation. Best I can do is cool the swelling down and let your body do what it's gotta do." She shoved the bottle back into her backpack and eased her hair behind her pierced ear. She glanced over with wide eyes then, as if she'd forgotten something. Her lips were thinned into a tight line. "I appreciate you worrying about me, but I can take care of myself, okay? I get what you're going through. Steeling yourself enough to keep people like that off your back is hard. I also know it's easy to blame yourself for things that are out of your control. I was the same way a couple years back, so I guess I just try to help people when I can until they get to the point where they can keep themselves safe. You have nothing to apologize for, Izuku. I'm not doing anything I don't want to do."

Gathering her things, she pushed out a soft sigh, glancing back at Izuku as she stood. "I'll see you later. Try not to worry too much, yeah?" She began to walk in the direction of home, considering her job done. "Hope your bruises feel better."

Deku was finally standing clearly on his two feet. Sure the bruises felt better. Why wouldn’t they after this? He was taken by a bit of a surprise there. Looks like he didn’t need to worry about her after all. His worrying about others usually only made things worse. He was always worried about Kacchan, and this didn’t turn out very pretty in any way. He was always either shouted and yelled on, or pushed out of the way. But being pushed around wasn’t that much of a problem. He always got pushed around when he was ‘quirkless’, so it didn’t bother him that much. The girl had a very nice quirk. It would really come in handy in so many ways. He shouldn’t be worried about her. She seemed powerful not only with a quirk, but mentally. But the quirk was the least of his worries. He was worried about what would happen the next day. He would try to prevent anything bad from happening. Although what can a guy like him do? Even his mom thought it was a miracle he got a quirk after the age of four when the quirks usually manifested.

Before he knew it, he started mumbling to himself again. It was a habit when he was strongly thinking about something. His thoughts just came tumbling down from his mouth and getting tangled in everyone’s ears so it was pretty annoying to everyone around him. Because if that he got scolded by Kacchan a lot. Well that wasn’t very surprising. He was always angry and shouting at everyone every single minute. He couldn’t keep quiet for a moment of his life. That was a fact that everyone knew, he was pretty sure even Mika knew that he wouldn’t shut his mouth for a second. Deku finally realized that he was mumbling over and over again to himself and quickly stopped. He looked up again and pretended like nothing happened. Picking his bag up from the ground, he smiled again. “You’ll fit in just fine eventually. Not everyone has bad intentions. Have fun and thanks for treating me!” He thanked her as he waved his hand with a grin on his face. Thankfully the first day was over and he was able to go home.

Turning his back around and slowly beggining the road back to his house, he tried to stay positive and think that the next day would be way better and what happened today wouldn’t be too huge of a rumor amongst everyone in the class. Hopefully he wouldn’t encounter Kacchan again on his way back home. But it wasn’t likely sense their houses aren’t in the same place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back