The new girl in town.

0Ava0

The Final Witness
Hello peoples of RPNation.com...

God this is so embarrassing >///<. I'm Ava, that is my name yes. uhm.. i haven't been on a forum like ever.. so this is all new to me. I guess i should say something about me here..right. The things i enjoy most in movies and stories is emotions.. like events that show a character's raw emotions and where the character just breaks down... or whatever.

I'm not a depressed person or whatever... it just interests me.

I haven't done much Roleplaying in the past so my first couple times will probably be embarrassingly bad, but i hope i'll learn and come to write a lot better in the near future.

I watch movies, read manga and watch anime, sometimes a little too much if i'm honest.

sooooo yeah...

I'm not sure what else to put here so i'll just say goodbye for now and hello to a fun future in the RP Nation with all of you!

Hullo, Ava! Welcome to :RpN:!

Our community is generally very friendly, so don't be afraid to ask questions if you need to. All sections of the site are available on the forum page - I would recommend taking a look-through to see what we have to offer. Under your name and profile picture on the right-hand side of the forum page is a section titled 'my important links.' These are quick-links to things like the rules, a FAQ page, and roleplay support.

I'll also provide you with the link to Syrenrei's An Introduction to Forum Role-Playing | RpNation.com - Best Roleplay Forum and Cloudy's Roleplay - How to Roleplay! | RpNation.com - Best Roleplay Forum guide, if you haven't already seen them.

There are a variety of roleplayers here, ranging from beginner to (um... unarmed) veterans, and roleplays to match.

In my experience, it's usually best to join roleplays you are interested in to find a group you fit into before trying to start a roleplay of your own. Very few roleplayers join roleplays from GMs that haven't shown dedication to other projects.

Aaaaaaaaanyhow, I hope you'll enjoy your time here. And again - welcome to RpN!

0Ava0 said:
Hello peoples of RPNation.com...
God this is so embarrassing >///<. I'm Ava, that is my name yes. uhm.. i haven't been on a forum like ever.. so this is all new to me. I guess i should say something about me here..right. The things i enjoy most in movies and stories is emotions.. like events that show a character's raw emotions and where the character just breaks down... or whatever.

I'm not a depressed person or whatever... it just interests me.

I haven't done much Roleplaying in the past so my first couple times will probably be embarrassingly bad, but i hope i'll learn and come to write a lot better in the near future.

I watch movies, read manga and watch anime, sometimes a little too much if i'm honest.

sooooo yeah...

I'm not sure what else to put here so i'll just say goodbye for now and hello to a fun future in the RP Nation with all of you!
Welcome Ava, I'm new too! I hope we can become good friends in the future, and possible role-play buddies.

Patches said:
Welcome Ava, I'm new too! I hope we can become good friends in the future, and possible role-play buddies.

Welcome to you too :D RPN has done a great job with making me feel welcomed already and i love it here!

I hope we can be good role-play friends in the future (*U*)

Welcome to the site!

Here are some small quick tips about RPing I'm sure everyone at their beginnings has encountered some time in their life;

1. RPing is above everything else supposed to be fun. Just enjoy it!

2. Newbies have ALL THE EXCUSES. It's okay to be bad at something the first few times. Remember the first time you rode a bike? I still have scars from that and it was over 18 years ago!

3. Most people prefer RPing in the 3rd person. So write "She did X" as opposed to "I did X". There are exceptions, everyone has their own way of RPing, but that's usually the norm.

4. Spelling and grammar are important. But you seem to have the hang of that so you'll be fine ^^ I've seen veterans who can't write as well as you do.

5. Quality > Quantity. Always. Though there are sometimes minimum requirements to the length of a post, it depends on the RP you join.

6. NEVER be afraid to ask if you're unsure about something. Almost every single RPer I've ever met would be happy to teach a newcomer how to do things (if only so they don't have to yank out their own hair when RPing with them, haha!)

7. It is usually recommended to start RPing either in a small group or a 1x1 as those can be easier to follow, but everyone has their own pace, so do not dismiss an RP simply because there are many people in it (unless it goes against your personal preferences, of course.)

8. Never feel pressured to join an RP. People have comfort zones, it's okay to say "no thanks".

9. As a general convention, italicize thoughts and put speech in "quotation marks".

10. The 3 faux pas of RPing are:

---1. God-Modding: Taking control of someone else's character. Do not force another's character to act. You control your own characters, nothing more (unless you have permission, that's a different thing.)

---2. Power Playing: Invincible characters and characters with no weaknesses are generally boring and people dislike them. A character is only as good as its greatest weakness. So don't forget to take a hit once in a while (if in a fight) or to occasionally mess up (in your character's day to day life). It,s just more interesting that way.

---3. Auto-Actions: This is all-encompassing for auto-hitting, auto-killing, auto-grabbing, etc. Give people the chance to react to what you do. Everything should be an attempt (again, this applies more to fights than other types of RP.) There is a huge difference between : "She threw a knife into his neck." and "She threw a knife at him, aiming for the neck." A chance to react for the other person is always appreciated and expected.

There, those are all the basics. I hope I didn't shower you with too much information at once. I tried to keep it all to the basics so it wouldn't be a dreaded wall of text, but feel free to ask (in this thread) if you have any questions.

AlexSilverX said:
Welcome to the site!
Here are some small quick tips about RPing I'm sure everyone at their beginnings has encountered some time in their life;

1. RPing is above everything else supposed to be fun. Just enjoy it!

2. Newbies have ALL THE EXCUSES. It's okay to be bad at something the first few times. Remember the first time you rode a bike? I still have scars from that and it was over 18 years ago!

3. Most people prefer RPing in the 3rd person. So write "She did X" as opposed to "I did X". There are exceptions, everyone has their own way of RPing, but that's usually the norm.

4. Spelling and grammar are important. But you seem to have the hang of that so you'll be fine ^^ I've seen veterans who can't write as well as you do.

5. Quality > Quantity. Always. Though there are sometimes minimum requirements to the length of a post, it depends on the RP you join.

6. NEVER be afraid to ask if you're unsure about something. Almost every single RPer I've ever met would be happy to teach a newcomer how to do things (if only so they don't have to yank out their own hair when RPing with them, haha!)

7. It is usually recommended to start RPing either in a small group or a 1x1 as those can be easier to follow, but everyone has their own pace, so do not dismiss an RP simply because there are many people in it (unless it goes against your personal preferences, of course.)

8. Never feel pressured to join an RP. People have comfort zones, it's okay to say "no thanks".

9. As a general convention, italicize thoughts and put speech in "quotation marks".

10. The 3 faux pas of RPing are:

---1. God-Modding: Taking control of someone else's character. Do not force another's character to act. You control your own characters, nothing more (unless you have permission, that's a different thing.)

---2. Power Playing: Invincible characters and characters with no weaknesses are generally boring and people dislike them. A character is only as good as its greatest weakness. So don't forget to take a hit once in a while (if in a fight) or to occasionally mess up (in your character's day to day life). It,s just more interesting that way.

---3. Auto-Actions: This is all-encompassing for auto-hitting, auto-killing, auto-grabbing, etc. Give people the chance to react to what you do. Everything should be an attempt (again, this applies more to fights than other types of RP.) There is a huge difference between : "She threw a knife into his neck." and "She threw a knife at him, aiming for the neck." A chance to react for the other person is always appreciated and expected.

There, those are all the basics. I hope I didn't shower you with too much information at once. I tried to keep it all to the basics so it wouldn't be a dreaded wall of text, but feel free to ask (in this thread) if you have any questions.
*-* this is quite some usefull information! Thanks so much! ( :D )

erhmegerd my 10th post. now i can finally be set freeeeeeee!!!! *^*

hehehe

*rubs hands like an evil genius*

or not... :C

*sad face*

Okay so i don't know if this place is the right place but it's as good as any..

i wanna RP with someone but i haven't been able to find someone yet. I don't know what kind of RP i'm interested in yet but maybe something along the lines of a romance. I'm still not real sure but if someone is interested then please reply here or pm me so we can discuss a scenario or at least a setting and just go from there. Sometimes the best things happen when you don't plan for them right?

0Ava0 said:
Okay so i don't know if this place is the right place but it's as good as any..
i wanna RP with someone but i haven't been able to find someone yet. I don't know what kind of RP i'm interested in yet but maybe something along the lines of a romance. I'm still not real sure but if someone is interested then please reply here or pm me so we can discuss a scenario or at least a setting and just go from there. Sometimes the best things happen when you don't plan for them right?
Have you already found someone yet?

Yay! I now have a comrade: I'm new as well (but you're not really that new anymore but... that doesn't matter, you are still a comrade). Hope you're having fun RPing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back