• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The New Earth

Spotine

Life is Just One Big Improv Performance

The New Earth

Let me set the scene for you: It's thousands of years in the future. The Earth is much different from what it was when your ancestors lived there. The government corrupted and new life began to sprout everywhere. Now the Earth is covered in lush forests, swamps, and beautiful mountains; a lot like it was when the dinosaurs were alive.

Many people (mostly the rich) were able to escape the Earth when it was falling apart. They launched a shuttle into space and have been living in space for thousands of years. Some people are still living on the Earth and have learned to live with the new creatures that roam there.

You are either a settler or a survivor. The survivors have been living on the Earth, even after the settlers left. The settlers are the people who have been living a luxurious life in space.

Now the settlers have taken interest in coming back to Earth. However, they are oblivious to how much the Earth has changed. All of the survivors have adopted magical powers, such as being able to control elements, communicating with animals, etc. The settlers have also adopted some magical elements. However, the survivors are much more skilled in these practices.

If you are settler you objective is to come to Earth and learn as much as you can, then take a report back to the space shuttle. If you're a survivor, you must keep living your life on Earth and try to teach the settlers how live on this new planet as well.

Rose woke up to Willow's nose nudging her cheek. Rose groaned and sat up sleepily. "What is it Willow?" She asked in a tired voice. Willow pointed towards the empty water bucket she drank from. Rose sighed. "Okay I'll get you water." She said before getting out of bed. Rose picked up the empty water bucket and slung it over her shoulder. She then proceeded down the ladder that was used to get in and out of Rose's little tree house. The ladder was not that tall, so Willow could jump down to the ground. Rose and her pet deer walked the short distance to the river, where they refilled the water. Willow took a drink and then laid down next to the riverbed. Rose sat next to her and started stroking her head. They looked up at the sky where the sun was starting to rise. "I wonder if it's true... If they really are coming to Earth...." Rose muttered thoughtfully.

Jack was up early. He always was. With a bag slung over his shoulder, he made his way to the river. He was gonna fish out his breakfast today. Tatchi and Mitcha followed closely behind him, nipping at each other playfully. "You two can go play but don't make too much noise or you'll scare the fish," he said. Jack watched the two wolves run off as he approached the river banks. The water was pretty chilly but Jack didn't mind it. As he stepped in, he feasted his eyes on the multitude of fish swimming upstream. Then, Jack vanished. Now camoflauged, he sunk into the water. He waited for an unknowing fish to swim right into him. Swiftly, Jack lunged at one that did just that. Grabbing the large fish with both arms, he wrestled it, trying to keep it from slipping out his hands and falling back into the knee deep water. Suddenly, the fish slid out of his grip and whacked him on the face, breaking Jack's concentration on the camoflauge. Reappearing, he fell backwards. That fish was strong! Rubbing his cheek he muttered, "Ow..."

Rose looked up suddenly. She had heard something. Willow perked up too, having heard the same thing. Rose got up slowly. She had experience in hunting, so she knew how to be quiet and sneak up on something. Rose snuck around the river bend and saw someone. She had never seen him around this area before. "Is it someone from space?" Rose wondered silently. "Couldn't be... He looks too rough to be from space." She thought. Willow quietly kept at Rose's heels, watching the man.

Jack got up, ready to try again, until he heard growling. It was Tatchi and Mitcha. Jack camouflaged again, walking to where the wolves were without whoever they found knowing where he was. "Is someone there?" He called out

Rose blinked and a moment later the man was gone. She heard growling and Willow pressed up against her leg, looking around fearfully. "It's okay Willow." Rose muttered to the scared deer. "Who are you?" She called out, standing in a ready position to defend herself.

Jack reappeared in front of the girl. The two wolves closed in on them. Tatchi, being the much roudier one, barked loudly. "Aye, stand down," he told the wolves in a calm but authorities tone. The two wolves looked back at him for a moment before lying down, panting as they were out of breath from playing. "My name is Jack, I live around here and I happened to be in the mood for some fish today. Now... I guess it's my turn to ask who you are," he said.

Rose jumped back, surprised as Jack appeared in front of her. She continued to stand her ground, her face determined. "I'm Rose. I live here. But, if you live around here how come I've never seen you?" She asked, her face skeptical. "Are you one of those people from space and you're just lying to me?" Rose asked, eyeing the wolves. Willow was now flat out shaking in fear as there were wolves close to her. Willow wasn't a big fan of wolves.

Eventually the wolves got bored and began wrestling nearby. "Space people? Nah, I ain't fancy," he said, looking down at his rather dirty looking clothes. He looked down at the fearful dear. "Don't worry, Tatchi and Mitcha only eat what I give them. They're very obedient," he said, with a smile. "And well... I started living around here about a year ago. Before then I was just moving around, no permanent stay."

Rose nodded and put her hands on her hips. She was still unsure about Jack. Willow looked up at Jack fearfully. Rose patted her head gently. "We've lived here for a good 5 years." She explained.

Jack nodded. He sat down on the grass. "Where by? Downstream?" Jack asked, Tatchi came back and slipped his head under Jack's hand. He began petting the wolf while Mitcha just laid down on the opposite side of him.

Rose nodded. "Not too far from here. We come here to the river to get fish and water." She explained. Willow went over to the river to get a drink, also not wanting to be beside the wolves. Rose looked over the river. "Hey that fish says he's not glad that you tried to catch him." She said randomly.

April looked out the window of her helicopter with a BudLight in her hand. "Wow. Earth looks better than before we left it." She said taking a sip smiling. 'Only a few minutes Anna. I'll see you again.' She thought tightening her backpack strap. The helicopter started to land on a landing pad by the forest area. April walked out looking around. "Amazing." She said putting the now empty BudLight can in her backpack and pulling out a camera. April started walking into the forest despite the other people yelling at her to not go.

Anna was watering some flowers around her house. Anna sighed happily feeling the wind blow in her hair, watching the petals fly all around. She stopped watering remembering today was the day people were coming back from space. "April." She said pushing a piece of her hair behind her ear. "Well if she is coming I better get some supplies for an extra special lunch! Or dinner! Meh, depends on when she gets here." Anna said and snapped her fingers growing some dove wings. She put her watering can away replacing it with a basket and flew off into the air. She landed in the forest, folding her wings. Anna looked around picking acrons putting them in her basket. She was getting close to a river and overheard some people talking. She looked over to see a man with two wolves and a very pretty woman with a deer. "That must be Rose." She mumbled hoping the two didn't hear her. Anna heard Rose's name from other survivors in the forest. Anna watched the two talk tilting her head to get a better view.

"Wait.. wha- you can," Jack started saying before both the wolves became suddenly alert, ears perked up. The they both got up and stalked away from Jack. Sniffing the air, they continued prowling forward a few more feet until a woman appeared. A very well dressed woman indeed. Mitcha sneezed. The scent she was giving off was certainly an unfamiliar one. Jack looked back at the girl. He had been talking to earlier for a moment, then back at the new girl. The wolves stayed where they were, however, in a very defensive stance. Jack had no idea who this individual was other than knowing that she was probably from space

Rose turned to look at the wolves. She followed their gaze to the girl standing there. "Who's this?" Rose asked, moving forward carefully. Willow followed behind, doing her best to look intimidating.

Amaya woke up late in the day from her tree, her fox kit sunny was missing so she jumped down from the tree an watched frantically for her. When s couldn't find her she started to run toward the forest to look for sunny, after she couldn't find her in the grassland.

Last edited by a moderator:
April blinked looking at the two people and the animals. "Woah." She said and looked down at her camera then back at the group. 'Taking a picture would be a bad idea.' She thought looking at the two wolves staring at her. "Um hi. My name is April Lapis." She said bowing polietly. "You can probably guess I'm from space but I come in peace." April smilied giving them a peace sign.

Anna hearing what sounded like her sister's voice stepped closer toward Rose and the mysterious boy with the wolves. 'Can it really be April?' She thought to herself taking a peek from behind a tree.

Rose tilted her head to the side as she looked at April. "Hello April. Welcome to Earth." She said, her face expressionless. Her tone seemed unintentionally creepy. Willow nudged Rose's hand, as if telling her to be nice. Rose patted Willow's head and then looked at a tree that seemed random. "Show yourself!" She shouted to the tree where Anna was hiding.

The wolves became more and defensive as new scents of new people came from multiple directions. Tatchi and Mitcha ran back to Jack's side as one watched one way and the other the other way. "Whoa whoa... let's all just introduce each other before you all come jumping in out of nowhere. Not counting April... she's already on top of the game."

Amaya hears voices in the distance and runs by but when the come onho view sh makes a tree grow around her with a whole so we could observe them from within....

Black thunder clouds began forming over the forest as the group were speaking. lightning began arcing from cloud to cloud interfering with any communication devices.The thunder echoed as the first bolt was unleashed splitting a tree beside the river in two.

Rose looked up at the sky as the clouds rolled in. Her eyes narrowed. "I knew these people were trouble." She thought. Willow sensed what Rose was thinking and looked around worriedly. Rose turned back to April. "I suggest you don't mess with any of the animals or plants here. You don't know what you could get yourself into." She suggested.

Anna walked out from behind her hiding spot looking at everyone. April gasped tears forming into her eyes. "Anna!" She shouted, completely forgetting about the wolves and everyone looking she ran up to her little sister hugging her. Anna started crying hugging back. "April I missed you so much!" She said laughing a bit. When they parted Anna wiped her tears away and looked at Rose. "I apologize Rose for sneaking around like that, I didn't want to intrude while you and um this guy were talking." Anna said giving a small smile. April wiped her tears away and looked at Rose and nodded. "I'm sorry, I will try my best not to touch anything." She said with a nod.

Rose watched the sisters reunite and couldn't help but smile. "Thanks. And how do you know my name?" She asked Anna, tilting her head to the side. Willow went over to Anna and nudged the girl's hand playfully. "Willow trusts her, I guess I should too." Rose thought.

Anubis was at the edge of the swamp in a tree and saw the Lightning flash. Sol, who acted as a headband, tightened on her head, out of fear. She pet his side and whispered comforting things. Severusé was hanging on her shoulders and arms, and hissed at the weather. Anubis calmed him the same way and looked closer to wear the Lightning had struck. She saw a small group of people near it and hissed in distaste. She hopped down to the swamp water below and swam to the surface. She climbed aboard Trent and he swam back to her hut, in a tree with another hit for him below it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back