• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom The Moon Stood Still [Characters]

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Other
Here

FancyKiddo

Your Alien Friend!
Character Sheet:

Name
Pokemon What Pokemon have you turned into?
Age How old are you?

Appearance --Note any differences from an average member of the species, including height, weight, accessories, and any odd markings or coloration.--

Personality --Give a quick elevator-pitch of the biggest parts of your character’s personality. Two sentences should suffice.--

Skills --Are you skilled with computers? Is poetry your thing? Are you trained in the maintenance of cars? Anything related to your vocation and any hobbies you’re good at should go here.--

1024px-Placeholder_no_text.svg.png
History --Give a quick overview of your character’s past. Did they amount to anything as a trainer? Do they come from a rich, or poor family? What are the main beats in their life story so far?—

Relationships --Enumerate your character’s meaningful relationships. Are their parents alive? Have they had a run-in with Team Rocket? Is Professor Oak their Gramps? Think broad here, as this helps me build cool stuff for your character.--

RP Sample

--This is the most important part, as far as I am concerned. Describe your character’s week leading up to the transformation, in RP form. Give us some insight into how your character thinks, their previous circumstances, and how they handle the immediate stress of waking up in their new form.—

Character Completion

Code:
[Fieldset=

Name
][nobr][Row][Column=span6]

[Fieldset=Pokemon]

What Pokemon have you turned into?

[/fieldset][/Column][Column=span1]

[Fieldset=Age]

How old are you?

[/Fieldset][/Column][/Row][br][/br][Row][Column=span6]

[Fieldset=Appearance]

--Note any differences from an average member of the species, including height, weight, accessories, and any odd markings or coloration.--

[/fieldset][br][/br]

[Fieldset=Personality]

--Give a quick elevator-pitch of the biggest parts of your character’s personality.  Two sentences should suffice.--

[/fieldset][br][/br]

[fieldset=Skills]

--Are you skilled with computers?  Is poetry your thing?  Are you trained in the maintenance of cars?  Anything related to your vocation and any hobbies you’re good at should go here.--

[/fieldset][br][/br][/Column][column=span2]

[img]

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/a/ad/Placeholder_no_text.svg/1024px-Placeholder_no_text.svg.png

[/img][/column][/row]

[fieldset=History]

--Give a quick overview of your character’s past.  Did they amount to anything as a trainer?  Do they come from a rich, or poor family?  What are the main beats in their life story so far?—

[/fieldset][br][/br]

[fieldset=Relationships]

--Enumerate your character’s meaningful relationships.  Are their parents alive?  Have they had a run-in with Team Rocket?  Is Professor Oak their Gramps?  Think broad here, as this helps me build cool stuff for your character.--

[/fieldset]
[/nobr]
[accordion=100%]{slide=RP Sample}

--This is the most important part, as far as I am concerned.  Describe your character’s week leading up to the transformation, in RP form.  Give us some insight into how your character thinks, their previous circumstances, and how they handle the immediate stress of waking up in their new form.—

{/slide}[/accordion][/Fieldset]
[thinprogress=
]Character Completion[/thinprogress]

Withdrawn from RP

Paris Field
Pokemon Abra
Age 19

Appearance 0.75 meters in height and 17 kg in weight, he is slightly smaller than usual Abra. The brown band on its tail is faded, making its tail looks less distinctive. When using his psychic power, the brown region of his body turns purple.

Personality Putting it simply, Paris is a quitter. When struggling, he will only put the bar at a level he is sure he can reach.

Skills Paris is training to be a Pokemon Doctor under the guidance of Doctor White. He’s capable of cooking quite well as well as owning proficient survival skill.

1357765607.falvie_abra.png
History Paris was the son of the owner of Celadon Hotel in Celadon City, Kanto Region. He spent most of his time around in the hotel’s lobby as a child. It was during one evening he met Doctor White, a guest at the hotel. When one of the guest’s Aipom fell sick, the doctor swiftly treated it. Paris, curious of his work, ended up chatting with the doctor for half of the night.

Being a trainer was never in Paris’ mind, despite his father’s urging, but after a night talking with Doctor White, he was captivated by the job. When the Doctor left Celadon, he took Paris as an apprentice, as a human doctor, but more as a Pokemon doctor. It was not the journey his parents wanted, but they were content Paris found his way.

Doctor White and Paris travelled over various region over the course of several years, healing Pokemon in secluded residence and cities. With his skill as a Pokemon Doctor increasing, Paris also increased the Pokemon at his roster. Doctor White had given him a Happiny Egg, which had evolved into a Blissey long ago. A Wigglytuff, Clefairy, Lapras, Ditto, and Staraptor entered his roster during the span of several years.

Paris had turned 19 that year. Nine years he had spent with Doctor White. One more year before he was ready to travel alone. If only everything happened as planned.

Relationships Ryan Field: Father. The owner of Celadon Hotel and frequent visitor of Celadon Game Corner. While he rarely contact Paris, he regularly bought him medicine and other items and store it in his PC. Owns an Arcanine and a Miltank.

Ellen Field: Mother. Previously an employee of Celadon Department Store before retiring after Paris was born. After Paris left on his journey, Ellen frequently bikes to Funchsia City to visit Safari Zone. She often sent message to Paris through her Pidgeot. Owned a Staraptor, Snorlax, Raticate, Haunter, and Pidgeot.

Doctor White: Mentor. Paris followed him as an intern as he travelled the world. Before the Apocalypse, he and Paris was visiting Professor Rowan in Sandgem City, Sinnoh Region. Owned a Blissey, Clefable, Wigglytuff, Audino, Magneton, and Lapras.

Archie: Ex-Aqua Leader. During a voyage to Lilycove City on S.S. Tidal, a Mass Breakout of Pelippers and Wingull assaulted the passengers. Archie and his teams had a major role at protecting the ship from sinking. Doctor White and Paris cured their Pokemon after the battle. Paris and Archie exchanged phone number afterward. Owned a Sharpedo, Mightyena, Crobat, Muk, and Wailord.

Steven Stone: Ex-Champion of Hoenn Region. When passing by Meteor Falls, Paris and Doctor White met him. They chatted about fossil stone for a moment before discovering mutual acquaintances. Steven invited them to his house if they came by the area (and they did!). Owned a Metagross, Aggron, Claydol, Cradily, Armaldo,and Skarmory.
RP Sample

“Fairy, use Wish.”

Immediately, a glimmer of light enveloped the Shinx as the Clefairy casted a wish to the sky. Paris took out his canteen and ran water over the child’s grazed elbow. The boy flinched, but Paris held his hand firmly before dabbing it with alcohol and put a bandage over it. The Shinx, revived by Wish, had regained the strength to walk to its trainer, and rubbed its cheek against the boy’s leg.

“All patched up. Now, don't go running away alone anymore, alright?”

“T-thank you, Doctor. Come on, Spark. Let's go home.”

Paris gave the boy a pat and a word of warning before seeing him off toward Sandgem City. After the boy went out of sight, all trace of smile on his face vanished.

Lake Verity was supposed to be a tranquil tourist spot. He, inflicted by a bad case on insomnia, had took a night walk there in hope to find peace. His hope was futile, however. Even the normally docile and cowardly Starly went berserk whenever he moved near. He had planned to use Lapras to reach the cave in the middle. Finding solace and peace in the lone island. When he was at the middle of the lake, however, he heard the boy walking into a flock of Starly.

“Hah… Fairy, Nurse Tuff, let's go back,” he turned toward the lake, where Arctic, his Lapras, was paddling contently. Normally, he would praise Fairy for a good work, but he didn't have the energy.

His eyes were red. Bags formed beneath his eyes. His steps were unstable Had it already been a week since he last sleep? His condition was abnormal, since the sleeping medication he took had no effect. His Nurse Tuff sing, Snorlax Yawn, even Oddish Sleep Powder had no effect. He wanted to sleep. But he couldn't. Staggering to climb Arctic, he hugged the Lapras’ neck before ordering it to take him to the cave. Arctic swam gently. Paris laid his head on his back. The constant ripples of water relaxed his heart. If only he could sleep…

“Whoa!”

He fell to the water. Forcing his eyes open, Paris quickly swam to the surface, coughing and struggling to breath.

“Arctic, what are you-” he halted in the middle of his sentence.

Arctic was growling. His eyes showing hostility and spite. What startled him, Arctic’s glare was directed at him. What happened? The Lapras splashed its flipper. This movement, albeit looked harmless, raised a siren in his head. From his long time with Arctic, the movement was one so familiar to him. One used so often on battle where water is aplenty.

Arctic was preparing to use Surf.

Paris dived underwater. Before long, he felt the water pulled him upward, turning and roaring violently before casting him ashore. Water entered his mouth and nose. What had happened? Why did Arctic went mad? Drenched, Paris tried to crawled to a nearby tree. He had to move away from water. Arctic was going berserk. A rampaging Lapras at a lake was enough of a threat to-

“Huh?”

Paris blinked his eyes in disbelief. In front of him, Nurse Tuff, his Wigglytuff was standing. The problem was, her eyes were red. Just like Arctic. And unlike Arctic, Nurse Tuff was fast. This time, he had no time to respond.

Before he could react, his body had received a Megaton Punch.

As he felt his consciousness fading away, one thought crossed Paris’ mind. Ah, I finally can sleep.

Then everything went black.

When he woke up, Paris felt refreshed. It was the best sleep he had over a long time, even if he had to sleep by a lake. After stretching his body, Paris gave his surrounding a look around… and he faltered.

He wasn't in Lake Verity.

There was no lake in sight. In fact, not even a body of water was visible.

“Abra…” he sighed involuntary.

...eh?

“Abra?” A new feeling registered in his brain: dread.

“A-abra! Abra!”

Something had happened to his vocal cord. He could think of the words, but he couldn't vibrate the organ on his neck to produce the sound he wanted. The dread only jumped by leap and bound when he noticed something even worse: His hands and legs were not his own. And he had a tail!

He felt his breathing went rougher. Not good. He could hyperventilate if he didn't calm down. Paris took slow, deep breath to calm himself.

“Abra…”

Let’s think of this carefully. Three fingers and toes, yellow limbs, brown pauldron shaped shoulders, Abra screech, stature of about 80 cm…

“Abra…”

I have turned into an Abra.

Character Completion

Last edited by a moderator:
Emilia Emory
Pokemon Dewpider
Age 13

Appearance Emilia looks like any other derpy Dewpider.

Personality Emilia was your typical stuck-up rich girl, always spoiled and used to getting what she wanted and using money to solve problems. Even though she was sheltered and naive about the world, her wish was to go on a pokemon journey to become the strongest trainer to be like her idol Clair.

Skills Emilia is an excellent singer, can play the piano, flute, violin, ...and guitar, and she has an eye for fashion.

1481213679306.png
History Emilia's mother is a famous singer, her father a successful businessman. Needless to say, she hasn't had to deal with failure very often in her life so far. Her mother left six months ago to tour around the world, one of her longer trips but nothing particularly new. She left on those kinds of trips every so often. Sometimes Emilia got to go see her when she was in far-off places, which was always fun. Whens he was really little her father and her had gone with her mother on the entire tour. It's still one of her more precious memories. Speaking of her father, he's truly a wonderful man and a loving father. No matter how busy he may be with work he always takes time out to spend with his daughter. He buys her whatever she wants and spoils her of course, but he also just spends time with her, takes walks around the city with her, shows her all kinds of Pokemon, reads stories to her. Those stories of mythical Pokemon just waiting somewhere out there, for someone strong enough and worthy of their power to appear stuck with Emilia through the years.

But what really set her mind on becoming a great Pokemon trainer was seeing the Johto Dragon Pokemon gym leader battling on television. At first she just watched her battles because she thought they kind of looked similar, a little bit, but Emilia fell in love with watching Clair's battles. Her Pokemon were incredible, and she was so confident, and she was always so dignified whether she stomped her challenger or even if she lost. The Blackthorn City gym leader became young Emilia's idol. Her parents had always told her that she could do anything she wanted with her life, and they weren't too surprised when she said she wanted to leave on an adventure to become a Pokemon trainer. What did surprise them was the ambitious words that followed. "But not just another weakling, I'm going to be the champion, one so strong that even champions from around the world can't beat me." Her father laughed loud and hard. "That's my girl! Nothing less than the world is enough for her!"

Relationships Emilia is incredibly close with her father, who is responsible for most of the spoiling on her. She loves her mother dearly as well, despite her being away frequently. Emilia's mother taught her how to sing and play various instruments, which Emilia continues to practice whenever she can. The exception to that is the guitar, which her father eventually convinced her to practice after weeks of calling her violin a "shrieking guitar". Emilia will never let him know that she actually enjoys guitar now. Towards people who work for her family she is polite enough, if a bit cold. In fact, she comes off as rather cold towards most people. Her warm side was mostly reserved for when it was just her and pokemon. She's never been good with people around her own age, and tends to make enemies on accident and friends... never.

RP Sample

A Lie
"Emi are you sure you're okay? You're allowed to take breaks. I can have you on a plane home today if you want to get a good night's rest in your own bed."

"Daddy, I'm fine. I just haven't been sleeping well." Emilia Emory was sitting in the Pewter City pokemon center, having a video call with her father. She hadn't realized just how clearly her nights of restless sleep were visible on her face until her father had brought it up as soon as the call had connected.

"Is it nerves? You've set a big goal for yourself, it's okay to feel daunted by the road ahead of you. There's no need to rush. The top will always be there waiting for you to take your place there."

"No... it's... " Maybe it was just nerves. She'd idolized strong trainers like Clair for so long, maybe she was just losing her composure a bit now that she was actually trying to emulate them. That and it was her first real time being away from home and her parents. On this journey she couldn't be the Emory daughter, someone who'd always had everything she wanted without working for any of it. She was just Emilia, an unimportant girl who would soon be the number one trainer in the world. Maybe she really was just nervous about everything that was happening. "I suppose... I might be a little nervous," she let the admission mumble between her lips.

"What's that? Was that my little Emi being bashful? I don't believe it!" He leaned in and whispered, "You sure you're not a Ditto? How much do I have to send to get my daughter back from the Ditto mafia?"

"Quit it, I am not a Ditto!" Emilia was blushing, annoyed that her father had almost gotten her to laugh.

"But Emi," her father was more serious. "You stay safe. I'm serious, if you need it, or just want to come home, I will find where you are and bring you home. I'm always just one phone call away."

"I know, but... I can't just quit, not this early. I've just started, and I have already caught a pokemon! And I beat the gym here! That's what I wanted to tell you. He was a really strong trainer, but not stronger than Clair, and Lapis was able to beat most of his pokemon. Keo only had to battle once. I'm doing so well, I can't stop now!"

Emilia's father smiled as his daughter's usual cold composure fell away as she talked about her journey. "Fine fine, I won't force you to come home. But in return, don't force yourself either. If anything is wrong, call me. I worry about you, and your mother does too."

"I know," Emilia turned to look at something then turned back to her father. "Lapis and Keo are all patched up, so I'm going to go now."

"Love you."

"Love you too," she waved before getting up and hitting the button to end the call.

A Truth
"Yes sir, she was located on Route 3, by the base of Mt. Moon. She had fallen quite a ways, she is lucky to have only a sprained ankle and bruising. It's thanks to her pokemon that she was discovered and brought in quickly. The hikers that brought her in said they could see the little Vulpix shooting off ice beams from all the way down the mountain."

"I know he is," a man's voice spoke.

"How could this happen?" it was a woman's voice this time.

The nurse was quiet as she looked over the notes on Emilia's condition. "I would say her foot slipped and she simply fell... but ma'am, your daughter shows all of the signs of physical and mental exhaustion. I honestly doubt she's slept in days. I'd say she was barely aware of where she was stepping when she fell."

"What? That makes no sense at all. Could she not bear to sleep away from her bed?"

There was a sound of someone hitting the wall. "This is my fault," the man said. "When I spoke to her just yesterday she looks tired, but she said it was nothing. If I'd pushed harder..."

"She'd have just pushed back even harder too. You know how she is, darling."

"I know, but... Bah, I don't know!"

The man opened the door and walked into the private room. A girl was sitting up in the bed, with a book open in front of her that she hadn't actually read a word of. Keo, her white Vulpix, was curled up in her lap. Her other pokemon, a Vaporeon she'd named Lapis, was sitting attentively on the end of the bed staring out the window, only looking to see who was entering the room before returning to its vigil.

"Hi daddy," Emilia said sheepishly. "I'm- " He hugged her tightly, and she stopped talking, at least until it began to hurt her bruises. "Ow, too hard."

He let go. "You are coming home." The look in his eyes was unwavering. This was the serious face he put on for business, rarely something he used on his daughter.

"I... " Emilia bit her lip to keep from crying. "Yes father."

A beautiful woman had walked into the room, and she laid one hand on Emilia's arm. "Hey M&M, how are you?"

Emilia opened her mouth to say something stupid like how she was fine and that everyone was overreacting, that she'd just tripped. But the words caught in her throat. She clenched and unclenched her hands, leaving red marks on the skin of her palm. She closed her eyes, took a deep, shaky breath, then another that was steadier, and then she opened her eyes, and when she did there was a bit of her usual fire present in them. "Nurse, please come in," she called out to the nurse that had been standing in the doorway to give the family their space. "You are right, I haven't been sleeping. I try to sleep, and then as soon as I do manage to fall asleep I wake back up. It's like I've woken from some terrible nightmare, it feels as if I have, but even right after I wake up I can't remember what it was about, or if I actually did have any dream at all."

The nurse quickly scribbled down notes on everything Emilia said, then lifted her pen. "Nightmares... Could you tell me when this first began?"

"A week ago," Emilia answered truthfully, focusing on the nurse and avoiding looking at her parents. "It started as just a bad night's sleep where I felt more tired when I woke up. Then... it got worse. Each night I had a harder time falling asleep, and I'd wake up sooner and feel worse. The last few days I wasn't able to sleep for more than a few minutes at a time without waking up sweating and shaking." Keo had sensed his owner's discomfort and jumped up to lick Emilia's face with its cold tongue. She wrapped her arms around him and continued staring almost desperately at the nurse.

The nurse wrote something more and then tapped the pen against the clipboard. "Inability to sleep and nightmares that you can't remember... This is just speculation, but to me it sounds like you have a malicious ghost pokemon following you around. Gastly aren't usually found near where you've been recently, but it isn't impossible. They learn the moves..."

"Nightmare and Dream Eater," Emilia said what the nurse was about to. "I know that much. I had that idea a few days ago, so I had Keo start a snowstorm and keep it up all night. I even had him Roar to scare away any pokemon that might be hiding nearby. Surely that would have gotten a Gastly to give up, but that night was exactly the same!" She'd yelled at the nurse. Emilia wiped the beginnings of tears from the corner of her eyes and apologized. "I'm sorry, I just don't know what's wrong with me."

The nurse looked to her father. "Mr. Emory, you plan to return to Kalos with your daughter, is that correct?"

"Yes, we will be taking her home to recover as soon as the doctor says she can go."

"In that case, could I have a word in the hall?"

The two of them left Emilia and her mother to speak just outside the door. "As I said, aside from the injuries she suffered during her fall, there is nothing physically wrong with your daughter."

"Clearly there is!" He spoke loud enough that the two inside the room heard.

The nurse frowned, but emotions running high was something she was used to dealing with. "Nothing we were able to see," she continued. "You are free to seek additional opinions. But from what your daughter said, I believe a pokemon is the most likely cause of her condition. There is a person in Saffron City just to the south of here that may be able to help. Sabrina, the gym leader there, specializes in psychic pokemon, but is also a psychic herself. I believe if anyone would be able to figure out what's going on with your daughter, it would be her."

"Sabrina," he repeated. He'd heard of her of course, but never had any dealings with her directly. He certainly hoped she would be willing to help, if not for money then begging. "Thank you, I will visit her before leaving the region."

"Oh, and one more thing. Even if she can't help you, it may be worth it to ask her to teleport you and your family close to your plane right before you take off. I'm not convinced this isn't the work of an angry ghost pokemon, and it shouldn't be able to follow if you're teleported away."

Emilia's father leaned back against the wall. "Thank you. How- how on earth did you think of all of this?"

The nurse smiled and spun her pen around atop her finger. "I worked in the gym under Sabrina before leaving to finish medical school. If anyone can help you, it's her. I wish I could do more to help your daughter." The nurse walked away, leaving her pen spinning in the air where she'd been, until it shot off chasing after the odd nurse.

An Ending
Emilia lay atop her bed, limbs and hair spread out in all directions. She was doing what she'd been doing the past few hours, staring with empty eyes up at the ceiling. If not for the shallow movement of her chest and the infrequent blinks as she closed one eye and opened it before closing the other - never both at the same time, then the fear came rushing in - she could have appeared completely inanimate, like a doll or a... "Is this what it's like to be dead?" Emilia spoke to Keo, who was curled up and probably peacefully, blissfully, asleep beside her.

He didn't answer her, so she talked to Lapis instead. "Lapis, what are you looking for out there? Can I look with you? I've gotten really good at looking at things recently, let me help." The Vaporeon didn't acknowledge her at all, she just kept staring out the large window in Emilia's room. She had been doing that more and more often since they'd been here. It was getting difficult to pull the Vaporeon away long enough to get her to eat. "Lapis, you have to eat. You have to keep up your strength, otherwise you won't be able to battle against Misty's pokemon to earn the Cascade Badge... " Emilia covered her face with her arm, but the tears could be seen running down her face, following the same tracks as the previous times she'd broken down when thinking about her condition.

Sabrina hadn't been able to help. There was no ghost pokemon haunting her. The medicine the doctors had given her had put her to sleep for a while, but she'd just woken up again, and then the medicine stopped working completely. A Drowzee was brought to put her to sleep with Hypnosis, but that stopped working too. They'd even tried a combination of Hypnosis and the medicine, but a scare with her taking too many of the pills at once led to her parents not bringing in any more medicines. Not that any of them even worked. It had been days since Emilia had even closed both of her eyes, dozing off wasn't something she thought her body capable of at this point.

Even the Lunar Wing that her father had paid an unreasonable sum to ensure authenticity of had proved entirely worthless. It was now hanging from the head of her bed, for all the good it did. Old Emilia would have considered it a treasure and constantly pointed out its luminous beauty, but present Emilia had barely even glanced at it when her father had brought it. She'd known that it wouldn't work. Nothing worked. Nothing worked! Nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing worked! It wasn't her body, it wasn't some pokemon. Her head was broken and no one knew why! No matter how much money her parents threw at people, no one could fix her.

Emilia turned her head away from the window and stared at the far wall for some variety, slipping into that fuzzy not-quite-unconscious-but-not-really-aware state that was the closest she dared let herself get to rest. The room darkened as the sun dipped behind the mountains. She heard something, but it wasn't important enough to be worth pulling herself out of her torpor. Keo moved from his place beside her. The sounds got louder, but it was the sudden drop in the room's temperature that finally got her to turn her head. She couldn't see much. Keo was in front of her, blocking her view, but as her awareness slowly, painfully, caught up to what was happening, she could hear him growling. Keo was cheerful and kind of stupid and stupidly friendly. He never growled unless he was being playful, and this was not a playful growl. As she stared, she noticed his hair was sticking up all over, and his legs were shaking.

"Keo, what is-" Her mind finally figured out what the other sound she was hearing was. It was a kind of feral hissing. Emilia slowly pushed herself up to raise her head, which felt like the most strenuous action her body had ever undertaken in its present exhausted and atrophied state. It was like all of the muscles she needed to use had been replaced with rock and she needed to force that to bend. But something compelled her to keep going until she'd managed to sit up.

In her spot by the window, Lapis was arched over and hissing like she'd been possessed. "Lapis..." Emilia made the mistake of speaking up, and the Vaporeon locked darkened eyes on its trainer. Emilia's blood froze. She knew this fear. She'd woken up every single night, multiple times each night, feeling this fear, until she'd stopped sleeping entirely. Now here it was when she was awake. "Nothing... there was nothing I could do to get away from it..." Emilia just stared at her beloved first catch, the wild Vaporeon she'd been so proud of catching. Lapis. But the thing staring at her wasn't Lapis, it was the fear she'd spent weeks running away from. Tears ran down her face, going from warm to cold as their heat was sapped away.

The Vaporeon that had been Lapis cried out and shot a Water Pulse at Emilia sitting on her bed. The temperature in the room plummeted even lower as Keo froze the attack and smashed through it with his head. He didn't understand what was going on, but he would protect Emi, even from friends. Vaporeon pounced at Emilia, but Keo got in the way and the two pokemon rolled around on the floor. Vaporeon used Acid Armor to melt into a puddle that moved across the floor towards the bed. Vaporeon shifted back just to jump out of the way as Keo blasted an Ice Beam across the room, and continued to flee the path of freezing energy as it froze more and more of the space. The beam touched the windows, instantly causing them to shatter. Vaporeon stood there hissing, still entirely focused on Emilia. It came again, launching a barrage of Water Pulses, each frozen and shattered before doing any damage. Vaporeon jumped at Keo and blasted a stream of water at the Vulpix. He went to freeze this with Freeze-Dry just like he had the previous water attacks, but the hot water of Scald was slower to freeze, and the barely-frozen attack slammed into Keo. The Vaporeon instantly was on top of him, biting and scratching and dousing the ice pokemon with scalding water. Keo shot off an Ice Beam, but the Vaporeon used Acid Armor to avoid the beam and spun around to slam a hard Iron Tail into the smaller fox pokemon. The blow knocked Keo into the air and cut off his Ice Beam, and without hesitation Vaporeon fired off a powerful Hydro Pump, sending Keo flying away through the shattered windows.

The Vaporeon jumped up onto the bed, where Emilia was sitting frozen with tears streaming down her face, her eyes locked on that broken window her partner had disappeared out of. "... keo... keo... keo..." Something had broken, and she was just repeating his name over and over. There was a resounding crack and Emilia fell back onto the bed, Vaporeon's Iron Tail was super effective on its trainer's head. Vaporeon fired a Water Pulse at the bed just to be sure, and then another, and another. The entire Emory estate was awoken by the steady rhythmic blasts of one Water Pulse after another, at least those that hadn't already been woken by the sounds of breaking glass. There in that room they would find the destroyed remains of the Emory daughter's bed, and sitting in front of the broken window staring out at the moon, its tail and paws stained by what it had done: the Vaporeon that the girl had been so proud of catching.

A Beginning
Emilia rolled over in her sleep. She could feel the warmth of the sun on her skin, so it had to be past noon already. She should really get up. It wasn't good to sleep all day, it made a person lazy and unproductive. 'The early Pidgey gets the Caterpie' is what her father always said. Emilia wasn't too fond of that one, she hated big pokemon, but she agreed that it was good to get an early start to the day. So that was why, even though she was so incredibly comfortable and could have probably slept away the rest of the day, Emilia forced her body up off of the bed and her eyes open. Her vision was blurry, she must have gunk in them. Gross. She rubbed her eyes, but it didn't really change anything.

Why are my hands wet?
"Dew dewdew dew dew?"

She sighed, and even that felt strange. Everything felt a bit off right now. Maybe she hadn't slept quite as well as she thought. Her vision was still swimming... She raised her hands to rub her face... and they felt wet. She looked at her hands... but they weren't there! What was going on? She began to breath quicker, but her mind had begin to race to figure out what was going on, and the first thing it managed to piece together was that her head was underwater. She struggled, flailing her arms and legs, all six of them, and the bubble of water surrounding her head popped. Oh thank Arceus, she could... not breathe!

Air! Air! Need air! Help!
"Dew! Dew! Dewdew! Dewpider!"

She ran around frantically, having no idea what to actually do about suddenly not being able to breathe. Finally she collapsed, wheezing for air. She choked and it felt like she'd puked on herself, and then she could breathe again! Emilia sat up, thoroughly confused. She felt around her mouth with her not-hands. There was water there. A bubble of water... just like the one she'd popped. So she could breathe water? What in Arceus' name was going on here? She did that strange puking thing some more until her entire head was covered in a water bubble. That actually felt better for some reason. It all felt so strange.

Emilia took a few steps forward and looked around. She was in a grassy field, and there were a bunch of really big pokemon all around. Like really big. What were they feeding these pokemon?

Maybe daddy would buy a giant pokemon if I find a really cute one. Oh, but it'd need to be strong too. I will not have a big weakling on my team!
"Dewdew dewpider dew dew dew dewdewpider dew dew dew dewdew dew. Dew dew dew dew dewpider dew. Dew dew dew dew dewpider dew dewpider!"

Emilia looked down at herself to make sure her clothes weren't too messy from sleeping in them - why had she been sleeping in her clothes? - only to see three spindly legs moving to propel her forward. They moved in a mesmerizing rhythmic motion, until she thought that they might belong to her, when they promptly tripped over each other and sent her falling face-first into the ground. Thankfully her head was protected by the water bubble, which turned out to be an incredibly good helmet, and she barely felt a thing. Emilia used two of her three arms - she was not going to think of how to even use the extra, it could just stay where it was thank you very much - to pick herself up, and by avoiding looking at or thinking of what her legs were doing managed to take a few more unsteady steps.

I have no clue what is going on, but this is going to take some getting used to.
"Dew dewdew dew dewdew dew, dew dewdew dew dew dewpider dew."

Character Completion

Last edited:
William Turingson
Pokemon Ralts
Age 20

Appearance As a human, William was much shorter and thinner than the average population, and this still holds true even in his new form as Ralts. Short even for the stature of a Ralts, instead of the average just over a foot height, William clocks in at a perfect foot in height. There is a patch on his arm that is much redder, reflecting the burn scar he wore on his person as a human. Instead of the normally pinkish-red eyes of a normal Ralts, William’s eyes are a dark blue in color, much like the sky moments before the sun comes over the horizon in the morning.

Personality William’s weak physical body is more than made up for in sheer force of personality. A charismatic and intelligent individual, he is able to quickly defuse most tense social situations. Although he comes off as extremely charming and trustworthy, he is anything but: a cunning and very deceiving individual. He isn’t against working with others, but he does prefer a party that will do their best to get the job done swiftly and efficiently.

Skills William’s experience as a thief has made him incredibly sneaky and coordinated. He’s good at getting information on a target, be it through surveillance or his disarming personality, and like many people in his trade, he became proficient in lockpicking. He’s competent with computer hardware and software.

250px-280Ralts.png
History Born and raised in Castelia City, Unova, William lived a cushioned life mostly devoid of danger and injury, crime and unlawfulness. Of course, like most children who live a sheltered life due to overprotective parents, he began seeking risk from other sources. He started with computer games, optimizing his computer trying to get the best sense of immersion, but that wasn’t good enough. So he started extracurricular sporting activities and partying. But even that wasn’t thrilling enough. He moved from regular sports to parkour, and then to illegal activities: petty shoplifting and other small crimes at first, but by the age of 18, he was straight up breaking and entering. And he was good at it: he never got caught, partly due to careful target selection and partly to the nature of the small, easy-to-miss items he would steal. But on one night, his luck caught up with him, and he was the accidental victim of an arsonist’s attempt on the house that he was burgling. He escaped with his life, but the burns he sustained raised suspicion and he had perhaps had a bit too much thrill for one night. He decided to do the smart thing and quit his nightly habits while he was still ahead. For a few months, he managed to stay clean. The burns eventually healed, leaving just one scar on his arm. He got into college and started dating. But he caved and returned to his criminal ways. He decided that it would be easier to commit these crimes with a partner, so he procured a Gastly, a Pokémon most suited for the job.
But just as he started to really get back into the swing of things, he started to have extreme troubles falling and staying asleep.

Relationships Mother – His mother doesn’t know of his criminal habits, but the two have a very strong and loving relationship and will hang out with his father as friends would.
Father – Has a very similar relationship with his father as he has with his mother.
Alfred Fluttery – His best friend from school, William’s even closer to Alfred that he is with his parents, even letting him know a bit about his criminal habits. Alfred has tried to sway him to not do anything super criminal and illegal. He attends college with William, but the only parties he’ll attend are small gatherings of his tight-knit group of friends, which includes William.
Mary Floren – William’s crush since middle school, she wasn’t someone people would expect Will to have a crush on. She was nerdy, unpopular, and honestly just an all-around sweetheart. She has a heavy interest in musical theater, which she hopes will be her future career, and William wants to impress her while they attended college together so that he might segway them into a deeper relationship.
Ellie Jarbell - William's current “girlfriend,” William doesn't see her as any more than a friend that he likes to go out and have fun with him. She sees their relationship as something a bit more intimate.

RP Sample

Exhausted, that was the only thought that William could bring to his mind.

For the past week, his mental and physical energy had been on an extremely steep decline. He hadn’t been able to sleep in any sort of capacity, not even any of those micro-sleeps that people have when they are extremely sleep deprived. He couldn’t pass out or fall unconscious from physical bashes to his skull. He’d been sent home from his college classes for the week and told to get some sleep, which William would have submitted to if he were physically capable. He had tried every remedy he could think of: tea, melatonin, even seclusion in pitch darkness, but still hadn’t gotten even a wink of sleep.

“Ughhhhhhhhhh, I swear I’m going to kill someone…” William said into his pillow, face down, still trying fruitlessly to get even a millisecond of shut-eye.

He wished so badly that he could get back to his regular daily routine. Or even a part of it! Most particularly the biweekly thievery trips, but he would be willing to give up the only thrill in his life if it just meant he’d get some sleep! But eventually, he gave up on sleep and walked into the well-decorated flat that his parents owned. They were both away on a business trip but would be back by the end of the week. William trudged into the kitchen and started another afternoon brew of coffee. He hoped that a dose of caffeine and starch would help him feel slightly less exhausted. He whipped up some hash browns; they were a little worse for wear, but lack of sleep does make one a bit neglectful.

The meal didn’t help. A hot shower didn’t help. He tried to prepare for an outing in the city, but after walking a few steps out the front door, a new wave of exhaustion turned him right around to go back to bed. “I’m never getting out of this house, am I?”

Soon he felt an extremely cold and familiar presence float above at his shoulder. “Hey bud, what are you doing?”

But Gastly didn’t respond with a normal snuggle or one of his loving cries but remained silent.

“What’s the mat-” he managed to get out before his own Gastly smothered him with its poisonous, gaseous body, forcing William into unconsciousness.

The most well-rested William had felt in days, he soon found himself waking to a feeling of warmth and a bright light. He slowly blinked the sleep away from his eyes in confusion; hadn’t he fallen asleep in his bed, at night? He sat up and observed his surroundings, finding himself in a large empty field with a few other stray things here and there. But then he noticed something; his hands didn’t feel quite right, and everything seemed much bigger than it should’ve been, and the grass seemed much closer. He looked at his hands only to find white arms that ended in stumps for appendages. He shouted, only to realize what he was, due to the “Ralts!” sound that came from his mouth. Strangely he could understand what he was saying, but it wasn’t what he was used to his voice sounds like. After a few moments of looking himself over, he had only one conclusion.

He had become a Pokémon, a Ralts to be specific.

He had a moment of panic as the realization set in: he wasn’t home, he didn’t know where he was, he had never heard of people becoming Pokémon in their sleep. But after this moment of fear and panic, he slowly calmed himself. Panic wasn’t going to get him out of this situation. Until he got his bearing’s, he thought that he should go find shelter. Only, he didn’t know where that was. So, for the time being, he was going to stay where he was, and hope that he didn’t get attacked.

Character Completion

Arthur "Arty" Ricci
Pokemon Magnemite
Age 21

Appearance Arthur is slightly larger than the average magnetite and always has many scuff marks due to him knocking into things.

Personality Arthur could be described as an outgoing introvert. While he has no problem with basic human interaction or anxiety when it comes to meshing with others, too many high energy situations can leave him burned out, and sometimes stumbling into a more precarious situation. If he's thrown into an unplanned or spontaneous social function he will be extremely nervous but will eventually adjust.

Skills Due to growing up in an auto-shop next to a junkyard, Arthur has an extensive knowledge and plenty of experience working on vehicles and tinkering with random bits and bobs. Arthur is rather adept at finding patterns and quick solutions to problems (even if they are only temporary ones).

081___magnemite_by_narsilion-d48q3tk.png
ATTACH]
History Arthur grew up above the Ricci and Sons' auto-shop on the outskirts of Saffron City. Being the youngest of 4 boys meant that he was constantly harassed despite being much bigger than his brothers. To avoid their ire, Arthur spent most of his time in the shop with his dad or at the junkyard, learning all he could about vehicles and general repairs. At the celebrated age of ten, Arthur, like most other kids in the region, set out on his own Pokemon adventure with the Voltorb his father had given him. He only lasted about 2 weeks. Practically crawling home in defeat, Arthur decided to follow in his father’s footsteps and devote his time to the shop. After a few years of this, Arthurs' naturally curious mind grew bored of the monotony of the shop, and he expanded his efforts to electrical engineering and electricity-based fuel sources. After spending a few years on hands-on training and self-study, Arthur submitted his application to a top school in the Unova Region at the age of 21.

Relationships Angelo Ricci (Father)- Despite his best efforts, Angelo wasn't as present in his sons' childhoods as he wanted to be. After the death of his wife, Angelo was forced to put as many hours as he could into his auto-shop in order to provide for his sons. Due to this isolation, the only son he really bonded with was Arty, who spent many hours in the shop with him. This left his other sons to their own devices, for better or worse.
Mike (Eldest Brother)- Because their father spent many hours working, it was up to the eldest son, Mike, to raise the others. For the most part, he did a good job. Unfortunately he had to sacrifice his own childhood to make sure his brothers had a decent one, and while this didn't leave him resentful, it definitely left him wanting. This want caused Mike to leave home rather suddenly, only leaving a note saying that he would be back eventually. Over the years he has sent multiple postcards from all over the world, and he calls the family every now and then.
Tony (2nd Eldest)- Being the second oldest, Tony didn't really have a supervising eye over him. He used that lack of authority to get into all kinds of trouble; his deeds ranged from shoplifting to burglary, and his criminal streak landed him in a spot of trouble when he got caught. Fortunately for him, the person that caught him was a recruiter for Team Rocket, and liked to gall of this kid. Tony is currently a popular up-and-comer for Team Rocket.
Vinny (Middle Brother)- Unlike Arty, Vinny took to the adventuring life style like a magikarp-to-water, and had a rather successful Pokemon career. This success allowed him to compete in multiple Pokemon leagues, and he came close to winning a couple of them. After years of failing to become a champion, Vinny decided to set his sights on becoming a gym leader instead. He is currently traveling the world, studying under Steel Gym Leaders and Fighting Dojo Masters.

Professor Larch- Professor Larch, a specializist in alternative fuel sources and Pokemon-related engineering, set up shop in Saffron City five years ago. Shortly after her arrival, Arthur heard about the new professor in town and was delighted to find that they were interested in similar fields. He practically begged to be her assistant. Arthur studied under her for a few years before family issues forced her to leave Saffron. After receiving formal education from a university, Arthur plans to rejoin Professor Larch and continue their work.

RP Sample

It was early morning, and Arthur lay staring at the ceiling of his bedroom. Even by most people's standards, this was waking up early; in fact, Arthur hadn't gotten much sleep these past couple of weeks. The couple of hours of fitful rest that he could get every night were thanks to some meds he bought. "It's alright, Arty; you're just stressed. The letter from Unova is supposed to come in a couple of days, and once you get it you're gonna sleep like the fattest snorlax." A few seconds of silence allowed those words to sink in before he realized with a groan, "Aww man, what if I don't get in?!"

Arthur sat, staring at the envelope resting in the middle of the kitchen table. It was stamped with the seal of a prestigious Unovan engineering university, and it was addressed to him. A mix of anxiety and sleep deprivation gave his face a gaunt look as he considered it."Come on, Arty; there's nothing to be scared of. You spent nearly a year on your application project; of course they loved it!" With shaking hands, Arthur reached for the envelope and tore it open, slowly reading the opening line, prepared for his rejection. "Arthur Ricci: We, the board of education, were thoroughly impressed with your submission, and would like to offer you a full scholarship." The paper fell to the floor. Arthur's body didn't know whether to pass out from the lack of sleep or to drop due to the excitement. The great news gave him a burst of energy, and, momentarily forgetting how tired he was, Arthur stumbled through the door to the auto-shop where his father was waiting. "They gave me a full-ride!" The next few minutes were a series of hugs and congratulations as the Ricci family celebrated his acceptance. The noise attracted the attention of Arthur's Electrode, Kilo, who rolled into the garage with a big smile on its face. "Did you hear that Kilo? We're going to Unova!" Even more hugs followed, as well as phone calls to the rest of the Ricci family and their myriad cousins.
A couple of hours later, Arthur lay on his bed, dozing but unable to sleep. Kilo sat resting next to him, but Arthur’s mind was still a-buzz with the prospect of his acceptance. Looking up at the moon, Arthur contemplated his future with a yawn. "After school, we're going to do all kinds of stuff, Kilo: travel the world, reconnect with Professor Larch, and maybe if there’s still time we could try going on an adventure again. How does that sound?" Looking down he noticed that his electrode wasn't next to him anymore. "Kilo?"

Arthur could hear a distorted, mechanical sound coming from the nearby junkyard. Leaving the house and hopping the fence with great difficulty, he entered the junkyard to find his friend. "Kilo, buddy, what are doing in here?" The distorted sound led Arthur to his Electrode, who was rolling around erratically. "Kilo, what’s wrong?" He put his hand on the electrode only to find that it was hot to the touch. "Ouch! Did you store up too much electricity again? Come on, buddy; we need to burn off that energy." The Electrode began to take on a red-hot hue, and its mechanical cries became even more distorted. The accumulated torpor of the past week overridden by concern for his friend, Arthur turned it around to face him. He could see a mix of pain and rage on Kilo's face. "Come on, Kilo; you need to burn this off now! Please use something." Arthur took a few steps back. "See? I'm out of the way; go all out." Burning with a pure-white energy, Kilo screamed and charged Arthur, releasing the built-up energy and taking out the junkyard with it.

Arthur groggily opened his eye, his body wracked with the weird exhaustion of a good sleep. He almost turned right back over to continue his rest, but then realized he wasn't in his room. "What the?" Sitting up and searching his surroundings, he found himself in a mostly empty field that had the odd scattering of rocks and figures in the grass. "Where am I?" He reached to wipe his eye but found that he couldn't. In fact, he couldn't see either of his arms. "What's wrong with me!?" He tried to look down at himself to see the problem but freaked out when he couldn't see his body. When his entire head rotated with him, he freaked even more. He tried to scream, but what came out was a terrifying mix of mechanical and electrical sounds. The whole situation was too much to handle, and he began to rotate wildly, erratic sparks of electricity lancing out from him. Thankfully for him and anyone nearby, his panic was ended abruptly when he flew straight into a boulder and fell to the ground. After a few minutes of staring at the sky, Arthur tried to piece together what had happened and the body he was in. "Okay, so, something was wrong with Kilo and I'm pretty sure he killed me?" As he talked out loud he noticed that his voice sounded different "I sound like a robot, I'm floating and sparking… definitely sounds like a Magnemite.... What!?" With more composure, Arthur slowly rose to examine himself. In his peripheral, he could see the magnets on the side of his head, and using the boulder he bumped into, was able to get the general feel of his new body. "So I'm a Magnetite now. How am I a Magnemite?" He remembered the other figures around him. "Maybe they know" Arthur wobbly floated towards the others near him in an attempt to learn more.

Character Completion

Last edited:
Piper O'Leary
Pokemon Swablu
Age 14

Appearance Piper is smaller than the average Swablu with a height of .90m and weight of 2 lb. She is a darker shade of blue and the two feathers at the top of her head curl inwards.

Personality Piper is bookish and fairly naive. To an outsider she gives off the impression of being trapped in her own little world.

Skills Piper is an adept reader and uses time to read up on skills that could aid her when she eventually goes on her own Pokémon journey. As a result she is knowledgeable on Pokémon, battle strategy, and basic survival skills.

IMG_0179.jpg
History Piper was born in Nacrene City, Unova and has lived there her entire life. She lives with her mother in a fairly average house. They're by no means rich, but they're pretty well off. Not being the most social person, combined with the fact she was tutored rather than schooled, left Piper with few friends her age. This never bothered Piper as she was always a bit of a loner. When she was younger she'd sneak away from her mother and go play make-believe down by the abandoned railroad. Her favorite place in the world is the Nacrene City gym. Whenever she got the chance, Piper would always run down to the museum to leaf through one of the many books or watch someone challenge Lenora. More than anything in the world, Piper wanted to become a Pokémon trainer and go on a grand journey, winning badges and seeing the world. However, her mother knew she was not the most responsible girl in the world and told she could go when she felt Piper was ready. When Piper turned 13, her mother decided to give her a chance to start proving herself worthy to be a trainer and gifted her with a Pokémon. The Pokémon was a Lillipup whom Piper named Rosie. Piper works hard studying and training Rosie everyday in hopes that one day she may finally leave on her own Journey.

Relationships Piper's mother, Opal O'Leary, and father, Ashton McKinley, have been divorced ever since she was three. Her father hadn't been ready for her, still had his own dreams of traveling and didn't want to be tied down. As a result of his absence, Piper never really saw Ashton as a father. Rather as more of a fun uncle. He doesn't visit often, but he always has new stories from where ever he's been traveling and new Pokémon. While she has grown to idolize her father, Piper will always see her mother as her only parent. Opal serves as a police officer for the Nacrene City Police Department and while she's very busy, she can always make time for her daughter. Opal is a very hands-on mother and the fact that she has to leave her daughter alone for long hours everyday stresses her out. She can be strict and controlling, but she has never done anything to throw the fact that she loves her daughter into question.
Outside of her family, Piper doesn't hace many close personal relationships. One of the few she does have is the friendship between her and her teacher and idol, gym leader Lenora. Lenora is a wise and warm individual who was always looking to advise any young trainer she came across, including her own challengers. Since Piper spent so much time in her library, she and Lenora talked often. Over the years Lenora grew fond of Piper and Piper grew to become Lenora's biggest fan. When Piper got Rosie, Lenora's interest in her changed. She knew Piper wanted to become a trainer and offered to help her train her lillipup, normal types are her specialty after all. Piper accepted and ever since Lenora would see her once a week to advise her on how to best raise a normal type pokemon.

RP Sample

In the middle of the night, Piper flipped her bedside light on, grabbed a book from her shelf, curled up in her bed, and tried to take her mind off of how miserable she was. Piper had experienced insomnia before, but never like this. Her head ached with fatigue and her eyelids were heavy with sleep, but try as she might she just couldn't do it. After tossing and turning in her bed all night, she had finally given up on sleeping and chose instead to read her book. "Mom's working late and isn't here to catch me, so I may feel exhausted later but at least I won't be bored." she figured.

To her dismay, even reading didn't provide an escape from her unpleasant evening. Whenever she tried to read her bleary eyes seemed to blend the letters together and after she finally finished a page, she suddenly realized she couldn't remember what she had just read. Frustrated, she threw down the book. "So reading is out of the question too," she thought. Out of ideas, Piper got up and shambled down the stairs. Rosie, who had been lying at the foot of the bed, got up and followed her down. It was comforting to know that the lillipup was joining her in her sleepless trouble tonight.

Piper grabbed a glass from the cupboard and filled it with water from the faucet. She had heard somewhere that dehydration can cause difficulty sleeping, regardless of whether or not it was actually true it couldn't hurt to try. As she drank her cup of water she noted that Claude, her mother's liepard, was sitting on the window sill staring outside. Yet another member of the growing no-sleep club. Suddenly, Rosie nipped at Piper's ankle. Thinking nothing of it, Piper pushed Rosie back. However, Rosie came back again, and this time she didn't nip, she chomped. Not thinking, Piper shrieked and kicked Rosie off of her.

Realizing what she had done, Piper panicked, saying, "Oh Rosie! I'm so sorry are you okay-" Rosie cut her off with a low growl. Rosie's eyes were sharp and beady, and her mouth pulled back in a hideous snarl. Piper had never seen her like this before. Rosie charged her attempting to pull off a tackle, but Piper narrowly evaded her. Not knowing what to do, Piper made a wild dash to the door, but before she could reach it Claude lept to block her path. Claude's eyes were narrowed and as hard as flint, baring no sign he recognized the girl he had known since she was a baby. Claude's hair stood on end as he hunched back in a pouncing position. All too late, Piper realized what he was doing. She tried in vain to flee, but she felt her claws at her back as he slammed into her, knocking her down. Piper couldn't remember hitting the floor.

----

Piper woke with a start. Realizing that it must have just been a dream, Piper slowly calmed down. "Rosie wasn't evil, Claude wasn't about to tear out my throat," she thought, "It was all just a dream, you are safe, and you are surrounded by clouds." Even to her newly awakened brain, something about that last part didn't sound right. But sure enough, she seemed to be surrounded by white, fluffy clouds. Stranger still, she wasn't in her bed. She wasn't even indoors. She shifted about nervously and suddenly realized that the clouds weren't clouds. They were her arms. She tried to cry out in shock, but the sound she released from her mouth wasn't words. Instead, it was a cry of, "Swabluuuuu!"

Character Completion

Charlotte (Charlie)
Pokemon Ledian
Age 25

Appearance Charlie is about as stock-standard as a Ledian can get.

Personality Charlie is the people person to Bill's obsessive introversion. Capable in what she does and very willing to quickly learn if faced with a new challenge, she takes oddities and misadventures in stride with a smile and a healthy sense of discovery.

Skills As Bill's research assistant, Charlie is intimately knowledgeable of cutting-edge Pokemon technology. She can explain how most of the common tech works.

Charlie is also well-trained in the maternal arts, both taking care of Pokemon and other humans' basic needs, even though she's not exactly an official nurse in either field.

ledian.jpg
History Charlie's life has, so far, gone just about as well as she could have asked. Her parents loved her and supported her through the accelerated school path she decided to take when she chose further schooling over going on a Pokemon adventure.

Her life took a turn for the interesting when she managed to land the coveted position of the PokeManiac's assistant. Her good grades and caring, excitable personality made her get along just fine with Bill, and they've happily worked in quiet seclusion for the past two years. One day, Charlie says she'll finished her degrees and get a research position of her own, but currently she's too absorbed in what she's working on and with whom she's working to really think too much about the future.

Relationships Mother and Father: Though Charlotte now lives on an entirely different continent from her parents, they've never stopped supporting her 100%. If they're bothered that their only child remains cooped up alone with a slightly-crazy older man in a remote area, they don't let it show in their daily video calls.

Bill: Charlie has been Bill's research assistant for two years now, a feat considering how quickly he normally goes through them. There's more personal care in the relationship than one might think there would be with the title "research assistant," but someone has to make sure he eats, sleeps, and gets turned backed into a human when his experiments go terribly wrong.

Various other Pokemon Professors: Working with Bill, and often playing the unenviable position of his secretary/public face for events he doesn't want to go to, has placed Charlie into the high society of Pokemon Research. She's on a first-name basis with pretty much all the main professors, but has had few extra-curricular interactions with them.

RP Sample

"Bill... we need sleep." Charlotte rubbed her eyes as she held her head between her hands, resting her elbows on the counter. "We'll figure out the computer problem tomorrow."

"Charlie, there are millions of Pokemon stuck in storage right now! How could we sleep when that's the case?" Bill wheeled out from underneath one of the strange tubes that held one instance of the quantum computer that made the whole storage system work.

"We're too tired to find anything we didn't yet. You've checked that connection... 17 times?" After all, keeping the storage system running was their most important job: there were protocols in place in case of this sort of unidentifiable bug, and they'd run through all of them many, many times over the past 53 hours.

"Well it's... the problem has to be somewhere! Something we didn't check!" Bill made some sort of odd strangling noise of frustration as he leaned back again and wheeled under the tube.

"Lemme see," Charlie said, quickly scanning the printed list in front of her. It had check marks, many hundreds of them, beside various troubleshooting items. So many check marks, in fact, that there was barely room for her to place another beside "check the power to the QCs." "Yeah, no, we've checked everything." She used her foot to pull Bill back out, and looked down at him sternly. "Bill, you're getting sleep whether you think you need it or not. C'mon, let's get you to bed." She was using a tone of voice that had become quite customary when demanding the PokeManiac take proper care of himself, one that he had come to learn meant that she was going to get her way whether or not he liked it. "We can get back to this in the morning."

- Four days later -

"Charlie..."

"I KNOW." She was getting another cup of coffee, bundled tightly in a bathrobe, making an obscene racket as she fumbled about, barely conscious what she was doing. She somehow managed to push the magical "dispense coffee" button and get her cup under the spigot at the same time, eyes half closed and her forehead automatically finding something to rest against. It wasn't a comfortable something to rest her head against, and when the coffee machine made a soft chirp and she turned around with her oversized mug between her hands, there was a new red dent standing out against the pockmarked skin above her glasses.

It had been a long week. Long enough that Charlotte wondered if she'd died without realizing, and had been transported to Hell, where her punishment was to grow ever more-and-more tired, to the point where she thought it was impossible to grow more so, only to find out that hey, it was possible to feel worse! Yay! In short, she'd been unable to sleep. Bill would be happily snoring away, getting that precious REM, and she would be lying there, eyes defiantly scrunched tightly to force herself to rest, failing to catch that elusive unconscious state. And she'd always been so good at sleeping: she didn't even know that Bill snored!

Bill was looking at her weird again, which meant... yep, a quick check of the time verified that she'd just stood there unmoving for eight minutes. Her brain worked so slowly now, she felt; no, she knew she was barely functional. "I'M GOING BACK TO BED," she declared, noticing to her own chagrin that she was still putting too much effort into speaking. Bill nodded like that really was the only reasonable thing to do, and she slowly made her way toward the living quarters.

"Don't worry, I'll bring you some soup, or something! Just get some sleep!"

Of course, she didn't. She spent her day staring at the walls, at the ceiling, at her empty coffee cup, at this random scribbled note which said something in Bill's handwriting, which even after all this time she hadn't yet been able to decode. And, also of course, Bill did not remember to bring any soup, or something. He probably didn't remember to feed himself. She'd have to fix that.

It was later than she'd expected, or at least she thought that was what the clock said. Her eyes were so blurry she could only vaguely make out what the clock said. Well it was darker than she felt it should have been. And when she pushed open the bedroom door, there were no lights on, and that annoyingly-persistent sound of Bill's snoring came loud and clear from one of the couches. Had he stayed out of their chambers so he didn't wake her? Hah, there really was no need. She didn't feel like she'd gotten even a wink.

She turned on the oven's overhead light, carefully moving to the side as she watched the couch, hoping Bill was faced the other direction. But then, Bill wasn't on the couch at all... instead, a familiar Persian sat there, purring loudly, red eyes glowing as the light hit them. It took her a moment to realize that she hadn't heard any snoring at all... Bill wasn't there. In a sudden panic, she dashed to the wall, and flicked on the light switch. "Where's Bill!" she cried, but the cat obviously wasn't going to answer her. With great hustle, given her tired condition, she started tearing up the place, looking for him. All she could find were a startling number of Pokemon. Who had let them all out of their balls? Which one was Bill, having suffered a terrible accident yet again?

Her frustrating search finally brought her to the laundry hallway, and of course Bill wasn't there. He was nowhere. What had happened? She turned back, her tiredness catching up to her again, to go to the window, but right behind her were all of the Pokemon. Had they followed her? Well, obviously they had, but... were they also worried about Bill? "Excuse me, guys," she muttered, trying push past, but they didn't make way at all. And then she heard the telltale sign of a Hyperbeam, and the windup of Payday, and a pinch in her ankle as something bit her. Darkness encroached her vision as she momentarily felt pain, and then nothing.

A shrill sound filled her ears, growing ever-louder until she could feel it in her bones. In the distance, growing ever further away, she could see the end of a tunnel... no, the opening of a well. She was falling, falling in the darkness, in the loud, reverberating descent to the earth's core.

And she shot up, sweat pouring down her face, the sun blinking smilingly into view, refracting in hundreds of small pictures in her compound eyes. "Oh, you're awake!" she heard someone say, and turned slightly to stare at dozens of Munchlaxes. "You were so out! I was starting to get worried. Now, how many fingers am I holding up?"

"Uhhhhhh..." Charlotte continued staring, her brows coming down in a squint as she tried to make sense of this new information. A talking Munchlax? Okay, not the first time with that. And he was really big? So either he was a really big Munchlax who could speak a human language, or... she was really small and could understand Pokemon. Again.

"Biiiiiiiiiiiiiill!" she yelled, shaking her fists at the sky. The Munchlax was startled, almost getting up to run until she brought her arms back down and apologized. "I'm sorry, this isn't the first time that dummy's transformed me into a Pokemon. Let's... see the damage this time." Her brain was already making sense of her new eyes, and she stared at her hands, waiting for the myriad arms she saw to coalesce into two. When she finally realized that they weren't going to, since she apparently had four arms now, she managed something she'd somewhat always wanted to do: a four-handed facepalm. "A Ledian," she sighed.

Character Completion

Leovold Russo
Pokemon Eevee
Age 22

Appearance Without years of shedding and maintenance to his fur, it lacks the shine and luster of a normal Eevee, the brown and silver are matted and less vibrant, mottling at the sections where they intertwine. Leovold was an almost full grown adult, and his heavier Eevee frame represents that.

Personality Leovold is an invested learner, he deeply values spending time with the subject he wants to understand and fully exploring where there are things to be discovered. In his later teen years he spent months abroad, travelling with Pokemon and collecting field data to better connect with Pokemon first hand rather than with a Pokedex. Although experienced and comfortable with a wide range of Pokemon from his field work, Leovold is still weary and scared of Water type Pokemon and the ocean.

Skills Leovold possess a great deal of knowledge surrounding Pokemon and their behaviors due to his extensive time in the field. Always wanting to fully understand the scenario makes Leovold a critical planner and competent leader for large and small tasks.

1542491212185.png
History Leovold grew up with parents that fostered orphaned children. He was one of two actual children from his mother and father, but saw many more come and go throughout his childhood and visits back home. There was an immense amount of love to be felt in the Russo home, even if finances were spread thin among the household. This may have garnered Leovold's compassion for Pokemon and other people as he set out on his own path. Being a trainer never was the focus of Leovold's journey, but along the way to becoming an intern at a Pokemon Laboratory he assuredly made friends and lifelong bonds. Leovold failed to achieve victory in the Gym Challenge, but solidified himself into a lifetime of loving Pokemon.

Relationships Tanner Russo (BROTHER): The other biological child of Jen and Morty Russo and Leovold 's older brother. Unlike Leovold, Tanner felt he was infringed upon as the first born child when his parents began to bring more and more children home. He developed a selfish and conceited attitude towards the world and became bitter in the families eyes. Occasionally along his path to the Gym Challenge, Leovold would be challenged suddenly by his brother and be forced to run to a Pokecenter to heal after a brutal battle. Tanner failed at the Gym Challenge in the Sinnoh Region, but traveled to the Hoenn Region wear he became Champion for two years concurrently. Professor Rowan : Leovold's internship landed him at the Pokemon Laboratory in his own region of Sinnoh. As an intern to Professor Rowan, Leovold found great pleasure in spending his time aiding the research of Pokemon. Professor Rowan has always been exceptionally kind towards Leovold, though maybe brief in his words. The two have yet to exchange much as of conversation, as Leovold mainly operates under Dawn's supervision. Dawn : Dawn is the main assistant to Professor Rowan and the general boss of Leovold during his work hours. The two of them have cultivated a relationship during their time working together as they are both young aspiring researchers of Pokemon. At times, Dawn has shown her experience and led Leovold to break outside his comfort zone to explore and learn about new Pokemon.

RP Sample

The sampling machine whirred into action as the vials it held spun faster and faster. Leovold watched as the image of the machine blurred and he blinked rapidly to clear the debris from his eyelids and refocus his gaze.

"You've got bags under your eyes Leo" a warm voice said while moving behind him.

Professor Rowan walked past Leovold and another scientist as he made his way to the head of the Laboratory. The smell of pressed clothes and honey tea gathered behind him in a quick burst of air. There was obvious energy in Professor Rowan's step and Leovold erected his posture and shook himself fully awake to give attention to the Professor. Dawn's hat appeared first and then her face as she poked her head up from a side desk to look at Professor Rowan as well.

"I am excited to say we may be close to a breakthrough today. There is something changing in the world of Pokemon. Time is not to be wasted my friends. Some of us may be tired from our work, but we must press on to gather all the information we can about what is happening to the world we live in. Even today, there are new things to be discovered and learned. I want everyone working their hardest in the coming weeks. That is all."

Leovold felt the desire to learn burn brightly inside of him, regardless of his lack of energy. The machine he had been operating beeped a note of completion and slowly turned to a halt. Leovold glanced back down and collected the vials before bringing them to a tray where he stored them carefully. Dawn's voice approached from behind as he placed the last one down and turned to face her.

"Hey Leovold! Do you want some honey tea to help get rid of those bags? Professor Rowan always has some extra brewing by his desk."

Leovold shook his hand out in front of him as he spoke.

"I really am fine no need too-"

A warm glass suddenly found itself in Leovold's hand as Dawn smiled and pushed it towards him.

"Too bad!"

"-worry about it."

Dawn turned and walked back to her side desk as Leovold lifted the glass to his lips. He let out a sigh of relief which turned into steam over the tea as he took a sip.

"Seems like everybody is noticing that I haven't been sleeping well. Maybe I need to turn the overhead fan back on tonight, to slightly reduce the temperature in my room. Or maybe drink a glass of cool water before lying down."

Leovold's thoughts slowly drifted away as he thought of ways to fix his sleeping schedule. Leovold had spent the last weeks trying to determine what was causing him to have such restless nights. He had attributed it to overthinking or excitement, but recently it had become more fearful for him. He dreaded lying down for any reason at the moment and his work kept him occupied enough to not notice the physical exhaustion.

Professor Rowan broke Leovold's train of thought by asking him loudly, "Leovold! How are the notes on the Water Pokemon coming along? Planning on going looking for some today?"

"Uhh, y-yes, in fact Professor Rowan I was hoping I could borrow one of the fishing rods to use just south of here." Leovold answered shyly.

"Perfect. Take the great rod. You shouldn't encounter anything too large with that. Remember to plant your feet and not to fall in!" Professor Rowan chuckled as he motioned a giant fishing rod in the air.

Leovold's stomach turned as he grabbed the rod from the rack and headed to the south of Sandgem Town. The air was cool and breezy and lulled Leovold into a calmness that almost melted away his fear of the water. He removed his shoes and cast the rod into the water as he watched the line carefully. There was nothing for a while, only the sand and the sound of the wind whipping across it. Leovold's eyes began to flutter as he stood in anticipation. His head would jerk forward just as he approached slumber, the same feeling of fear seeming to rise inside of him.

As he jerked his head forward again, the line suddenly yanked as well. Leovold pulled hard in the opposite direction, but he was caught off guard and stumbling towards the water. He gathered his strength and dug his heels into the moist sand just shy of the water as he wrenched on the rod in revolt against his fears and the Pokemon on the other end. Leovold refused to let go. The beast on the other end gave another heave that sent Leovold plummeting into knee-deep water now. He clutched the rod even tighter as his pants began to soak.

The rod gave one final tug that dragged Leovold fully into the water, seeming to pull faster and faster as it distanced itself from the shore. As Leovold held the rod and tumbled through the depths his mind raced as he screamed out all of his air. As the water turned from deep blue to black, Leovold's eyes met with the beast that he had hooked. The menacing eyes of a Gyrados, glowing red with rage and intent peered back at Leovold as he lost consciousness at the bottom of the sea.

The wind is what Leovold awoke to. It was one that felt familiar. However, the air was heavier. The bird Pokemon were not singing and the ground felt barren. Leovold smelled the air as the wind rushed over him. He shuddered at the experience. He had felt the wind on every inch of his body, his neck and back stiffened at the uncomfortable amount of stimuli. Leovold looked down as he caught his breath to see paws, deep brown and furry.

"Wh-where are my hands?"

A light sounds came from his throat instead. The cry of an Eevee.

Leovold spun his head around to see an unmistakable tip of light brown on a bushy tail behind him. Another "Eevee" erupted as he exclaimed in fear.

"What is happening to me? Am I an Eevee?" Leovold looked up in shock at his surroundings again, his fur catching the wind again. There were no signs of the place he was just before he woke up. There were barely memories of anything but the town at best.

"Where is everyone? Where is Sandgem Town? What are all these Pokemon doing here?"

Leovold hopped forward a step towards a group of Pokemon that were gathering.

"Eevee!" he exlcaimed.

Leovold wondered if they would be able to understand him and if they could help him fix what had happened. Leovold understood Pokemon from afar, but being this close he couldn't help but anticipate the interaction.

Character Completion

Users who are viewing this thread

Back