• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Closed

Jim frowned confused. Where did the blood come from? Him? Her?
He put his free hand on the back of her head and made her look into his eyes.
"Hey, calm down. Look into my eyes and concentrate on the black markings. Calm down."
Hearing some silent footsteps from behind, he immediately stepped in front of Rachel, the hand he had put on the back of her head now on his knife.
"Who's there?"
No answer. Yet, the footsteps kept getting louder.
His knife flew through the air - and a body fell to the floor, a knife in his chest just where his heart was.
"A Snake. Rachel, let's get out of here."
He turned to the girl, noticing how weak she was standing on her legs. The dead, bleeding body wouldn't help much either - so he just picked her up and carried her.

Evan smirked. "This ain't cold! This is New York warm!", he winked at Mina, smiling happily. "Ever been to NY before?"

Rachel weakly leaned her head against his chest...okay, admittedly- maybe she cuddled against it a bit. Just a bit!
"Thanks for...i don't know, not laughing or so", she sighed. "It's all...with that damn HSP it's just getting even worse..." she thought back to how Samantha had laughed at her because her HSP had made her panic in the middle of a disco.
"Do you think I could get a glass of water when we're at yours?", she asked silently. The half panic attack had weakened her, and now made it just harder to keep on playing strong.
'Just a little break from being tough...', she promised herself, before slightly burying her face at his neck.
"The world is so broken...", she mumbled silently. "What does dad think who I am?! 'You will fix this world, Rachel. That's why you're training'. Don't make me laugh!"

Mina just wrapped her arms around herself, grumbling silently. "It IS cold. And everyone's staring because we look like straight out of a war movie."
She pointed at her top, that was stained with Carden's blood. "Give me a second."
She disappeared into a nearby shop and came back a few minutes later, wearing a dark blue dress with silver applications. "They only have dresses there", she grumbled awkwardly, pushing the dark blue rose in her hair back in place. "And no, not that I remember at least."

Jim didn't mind that she cuddled against him. He... he actually kind of liked it.
"Hey, don't worry. I got you. And why should I laugh? HSP is something completely normal, just like SRS, for example.", he replied, frowning as she mentioned her father saying that to her. "Sure, we all add up to something in our lives. Some to something bigger, like you, and some to something nobody will notice, like me. Your dad probably has a lot of faith in you, however he shouldn't push you to do things you don't want to do. If you don't want to train, then don't do it. You just gotta grab your courage and stand up for yourself. I don't think you're currently doing that, am I right?" Crossing the street and walking down another narrow path, he quickly adjusted his arms so Rachel wouldn't fall off. Damn, she hardly weighed anything. As if he was just carrying a bag of potatoes.
"And sure, I'll get you some water when we're at the house." He never said 'my place' or 'home' - because to him, it was only a building he used to live in. There were only bad memories, no love at all, and that was no home to him. His car felt more like home than the house.

Evan gulped. >>Damn.<< "You look great.", he mumbled, smirking. "Maybe I should change too?" Looking around for a shop which sold mens' clothes, he finally nodded and walked away.
After a few minutes he came back, wearing some regular blue jeans, Nike trainers, a grey shirt and a jeans jacket. "Now we look like normal people.", he chuckled, winking.

Rachel Softly drew circles on Jim's chest as she listened to him.
"But neither do you", she said silently. "Though it's probably less dangerous to talk back to my father than to yours..."
After some time of silence she caught herself playing with his hair and smirked awkwardly, until her eyebrows furrowed.
"Nobody will notice? Jim..."
A silent, sad sigh escaped her mouth.
"I bet your time will come one day. Remember my promise. One day things will get better."
The way seemed to be relatively long, and the thing with the boy had drained the last bit of energy out of her, so she just cuddled against him a bit tighter and closed her eyes.
"Hey Jim? I'll take a little nap...wake me up when we're there okay...?"
With a last sigh, she played on with his hair while she slowly fell into a light slumber.

"Rawr, look who's coming over, Jensen ackles' long-lost brother!"
Mina smirked slightly as she fixed the collar of his jacket, since it was standing up on one side.
"Looking fab, Mr. Weller. So, what can we do in a city like this?"

Jim watched Rachel fall asleep, sighing. She was right. He didn't really talk back to his father. But how should he? Either James was threatening to hurt Jack, or to hurt Jim... so there was no other option than doing what he wanted.
After about another fifteen minutes of walking, they had arrived in front of the house.
Gently pushing the door open - it wasn't able to completely close anymore since the last tornado - he walked in and lay Rachel down on the couch.
Looking around, he sighed. Everything still looked the same. Organized. Cold. No pictures of the family anywhere. Well, excepting when Jim was given medals.
He shook his head and walked over to the kitchen, making some hot chocolate for Rachel.
As he cane back, he put a glass of water and a mug with the hot chocolate on the table next to the couch, whereas he took his beer outside into the jard.

Evan blushed slightly, just smirking it off. "Rawr to you, ma'am.", he replied, winking. "There's so much we could do here! Sightseeing, movies, shopping for the lady perhaps?"

Rachel woke up from the delicious scent of hot chocolate.
She downed at the first the water and then the hot chocolate, went into the kitchen, cleaned the glass and the mug and then followed Jim's scent to the yard. Ah, there he was sitting! "Thanks for the hot chocolate. That really made me feel a lot better.", she said with a soft smile, wrapping her arms around his neck from behind for a moment. Upon noticing his tensed up shoulder muscles, she softly started massaging them for a while. Apart from thanking him, She kept quiet. He seemed like he had quite a few things to think about.

"Oh please. Ma'am sounds so old", Mina laughed. "Your majesty by far is enough."
At the mention of shopping, She made a funny face. "I'm not really... into shopping ", she admitted.

At first, Jim flinched when Rachel wrapped her arms around his neck. No, she wasn't trying to strangle him.
As she started to massage him, he at first thought she was somehow trying to hurt him. Yet, upon feeling how good that felt to his shoulders, he relaxed and closed his eyes for a moment.
"Nothing to thank me for.", he mumbled, sighing. When they'd go back he'd have to deal with Dennis' death... so for now he'd just try to distract himself.
"You were three grades below me...so you must be 14 now, right?", he asked, slightly bending forwards to stretch his back. Even if Rachel had healed the fresh wounds, they would end up becoming new scars. And his back still hurt. The slightest touch felt as if someone was burning his skin.

Evan smirked. "Me neither.", he whispered, winking, followed by a chuckle. "So should we go sightseeing? You've never been to NYC before, it'd be a great opportunity."

"Physically or mentally?", Rachel chuckled. "No Really, mom always says 'my daughter probably was older than me when She was born. She was 25 at birth and didn't get a day younger since'." She chuckled softly. "Guess I got an oooold soul, but hey that's the result when you're leading a company at the age of 7." She bit her lip. That company actually was a big secret. "Y'know, the big concern that owns Gene Argentics, General Motors, Porsche and so on and so forth." She lifted her shoulders. "But yeah, fourteen...where the heck did my childhood go...?" Frowning, she crossed her arms, but then smirked and shook her head. "Hah. Sorry Jim. I'm ranting about having no childhood here. That's probably ridiculous from your point of view, after all you went through..."

"Okay, see my sights! ...wait that sounded weird."
Mina laughed silently, linked arms with him and smirked.
"Where will we go first? "

"I know what you mean. Never acted my age as well." >>Okay maybe with the alcohol and drugs but she don't need to know that.<< As Rachel mentioned his childhood, Jim lifted his shoulders. "There are people who went through more than I did.", he mumbled, lifting his shoulders. "And like my dad says, it's what I deserve." He looked up into the night sky, downing his beer. "So why did you start leading a company at the age of 7? Y'don't need to explain if y'don't want to."

Evan chuckled, slightly blushing as she linked arms. "Well we could go to the Top of Rock? It's like the Empire State Building but instead of being ON the Empire State Building, you can see it."

"No, that's not what you deserve, Jim!", Rachel said determined, her eyes gleaming. She took his hand and planted another small kiss on his cheek.
"That's what you deserve. Damn you deserve to be happy. You deserve to smile. You got a beautiful smile, you know?"
Leaning her head against his shoulder, she looked at the night sky.
"Well, when I was seven, my Little brother was born, but he's very sick. It's gotten better lately, but my parents still have to spend every hour of the day with him because they're scared he might have a fallback. Yeah well and the company belonged to dad. When my brother became so sick, he showed me everything I needed to know, trained me...the company is officially still his of course, because I'm not full age yet, but I'm keeping everything running there. And in four years, it'll officially become mine." She looked back at the ground and sighed, softly stroking a streak of hair behind her ear. "But honestly I don't even know if I'll still be alive then. They're hunting me for months already, and who knows how long I'll still manage to get away..."

"So like...looking at a huge building?", Mina asked slightly confused, Frowning, until she saw a good stand that sold fries and corn dogs. "Whoa! Evan, what's That?!", she gasped excitedly. "And what's that huge glowing yellow M there?! It is an M, isn't it? I'm not used to your letters, I mean, we all normally write Arabian."

Jim sighed silently, looking down to the floor. "I...I don't.", he whispered those words as silent as possible, not even sure if he even had said anything at all.
Looking up into the night sky as well, he softly touched his cheek where Rachel had kissed him.
"That sucks. It's normal for your parents to be willing to spend lots of time with your brother, but it's not ok to give you such responsibilities. You're not ready for something like that." Frowning angrily as she said she wouldn't make it, he turned towards her and put his fingers under he chin, lifting her head up so she would look him in his eyes. "Listen to me, Rachel. You'll make it. You're such a strong young woman. Don't you ever think again you won't make it, 'cuz you will."

Evan chuckled. Damn she was cute. "Well that stand there sells fries and corn dogs, and that M stands for McDonald's - I'm lovin' it.", he winked at her, though she probably wouldn't understand why. "Wanna grab a bite?"

Rachel smiled softly as she looked up into his eyes and stroked over his cheek for a moment.
He was so damn close...
Normally she hated it when someone was that close, but he somehow was the big exception.
"None of us is ready for the lifes we're living, but it seems impossible to escape. Maybe we just gotta hold on. We will get through this, and one day we'll look back and realize that we grew with the challenges."
Looking deep into his eyes, she smiled determined. "I believe in you."

"You're loving him?", Mina remarked, slightly confused. >>what the hell is a corn dog? <<
"This Mac Donalds has to be quite a popular here if he has his own... weird... memorial." She raised one eyebrow at him. "Is he your boyfriend? You said you love him. I have no problems with gay men, just so you know."

Jim turned away and sighed. "That's all we gotta do, hold on.", he mumbled. Smiling softly, he looked back at Rachel. "Remembering how you reacted to hearing that engine of the Impala - you like cars, hm?", he asked, raising an eyebrow, smirking.

Evan laughed. "No no no, I'm not gay. Straight as hell and got for sure no relationship.", he explained, still chuckling. "Mcdonald's is the name of.... a restaurant. A Fast Food restaurant. Their slogan is 'I'm lovin' it' - most people know it. It's famous for their hamburgers."

Rachel laughed slightly, bit her lip and stroked a streak of hair behind her ear- again. What was it with her hair all of a sudden? She normally never played around with it.
"I might have some trouble with the police for driving without license once twice...during the last week." Blushing slightly she added "and eh...going over the speed limit by... 200 mp/h. Eheh... And... Maybe... That illegal street race in California. Don't judge me, I just love cars!"

"Ooohh okay", Mina said nodding. Now that all made much more sense.
And for some reason a slight smirk crossed her face as Evan said he wasn't in a relationship. Though...
"You said that like your last relationship was quite a disappointment", she mentioned, while glancing at that fast food restaurant from the corner of her eye.
"Maybe i knew it once, but forgot it, along with everything else..." at that her eyes widened. "...i Just realized...i Really forgot everything. My family, friends... okay let's go, you lead the way."

Jim smirked. "Oh please, I'm wanted here 'cuz all I ever do is going over the speed limit by 100-300 mp/h and by participating - *cough cough* and winning - illegal street races.", he chuckled. >>And that's just the smallest reason why I'm wanted.<< "And I never even took a driving test, yet I got a driver's license. The only good thing my dad ever did." Standing up, holding his hand out to Rachel to help her up, he smirked. "Lemme show you my baby."

"Well my first girlfriend turned out to be gay and my second girlfriend cheated.", Evan explained, lifting his shoulders. "But I don't care. Wasn't like I would have wanted one of them to stick by my side forever." With a soft smile, he gave her his arm to hold onto. "I'm sorry to hear that...but hey, I'm your friend."

Rachel took his hand with a huge grin and stood up. As she followed him to the baby, she more or less danced instead of walking.
"I have no idea how you're doing that", she chuckled. "But somehow you're lifting my mood better than any wee....eh...forget it." She blushed slightly, before starting to smirk awkwardly. "That sure as hell was a mistake i won't make again."
Upon seeing what probably the baby was, her eyes widened.
"Ford Mustang...", she sighed dreamily. "That's an amazing car. What engine?"

"Yikes...", Mina muttered silently, taking his arm. That was quite unlucky.
Looking up at him, and she really had to look up since was only 5'4 tall, she smiled.
"Well, Mr Weller, that automatically made you my best friend too...because You're my only friend."

"Weed?", Jim asked, raising an eyebrow. "It's fine, don't feel akward 'cuz of that. You're talkin' to an -" No, he should probably not mention that. Immediately turning to his baby, he smirked. "Now she's got a V8 327 4 Barrel engine with 380bhp horsepower, but I'm looking where I can find a V12 which I can improve to a V16."

Evan smirked. "Yay! I'm your bestie.", he chuckled. "And please stop with the formalities here. Evan.", winking he pointed at the entrance of the McDonald's. "Ready for your first McDonald's?"

Rachel looked to the ground embarassedly. She hated talking about that part of her past, and he didn't really seem to like that topic too, so she didn't say anything about it anymore.
Instead, she just softly ran her fingers over the bonnet of the car, as careful as if she was stroking a child.
"Amazing", she said happily. "Hey, when everything gets better, we should open a garage together. Repairing and pimping some cars, maybe building a few. Bikes as Well! And..." She slightly bit her lip.
"I-i mean, only if you want to, of course. I bet we'd be a great team!"

Mina laughed softly as she wrapped her arm around his waist. "Doofie I'm just kidding around!", she chuckled. "Y'know, I'm...i'm not myself when I'm fighting back in Afghanistan. I mean, sure, I am a good fighter and everything, and one of the very few who dare to talk back to commander Davis, that creep, but that's just one half. The other half is...just a girl like everyone else, I guess? I'm not always as serious as on the battlefield!" Rubbing her hands, she looked at the restaurant. "Let's visit Mac then!"

Jim looked down at his car, nodding. "It sounds like a great idea.", he mumbled, turning around and sitting down on the bonnet of the car. "I built my baby on my own when I was 13. Had to rebuild her almost from scratch at the age of 15 when my dad had demolished her completely... yeah, she's my most prized possession." Chuckling, he added, "Technically my only possession." Softly stroking over the bonnet of his car, he sighed. "And one day we'll cross the finish line at NASCAR with the fastest time ever.", he somehow seemed to have said that to his car instead of Rachel. Snapping out of his car-dreams, he turned back to Rachel. "Where are you from? Germany?", he asked, slightly raising an eyebrow. "You have a really slight accent. It's cute.", he winked.

Evan laughed as Mina called the commander a creep. "I got the feeling he doesn't like me. I mean, does he even like anyone ?" Frowning, he continued, "He's only 18! Usually people start their training at that age. And he's commander. Just because his father is a major doesn't mean Davis can just do whatever he want." Rolling his eyes, he lifted his shoulders. "But what can we do about it? Nothing." He smiled softly at Mina. "It's good you're not always serious. Your laugh is cute, you should smile more.", he winked, holding open the door to the McDonald's. "Ladies first."

Rachel grinned proudly as she heard Jim talking about NASCAR.
"I'll be there and cheer you on- or cheer you up when you lost against me", she giggled, softly hitting his shoulder with her elbow.
"I have a Ferrari spider standing at home in germany, a Ford renegade in the garage of our house in Italy and my lovely Lamborghini Gallardo here in Montana... sadly its been destroyed when the hunters attacked us..."
Smiling up at him again, she nodded. "Mhm, but I lived in so many countries it actually turned into just another place where I used to live. Also I don't like the house. It's too big."

Mina frowned slightly.
As she walked past Evan through the door, she sighed.
"He might be a creep, Evan, but believe me when I say he has his reasons. I'm not saying it's okay how he's behaving sometimes, but I can understand why he does. I think there's a good boy hidden behind that brash outer layer."
As she looked around, her eyes narrowed upon noticing Ronald McDonald, the clown. That one was creepy!
Turning to Evan again, she smiled awkwardly.
"You eh...you might have to help me out reading what's written...everywhere. I only know a few of your letters."

"I never lose!", Jim protested, winking, softly hitting her shoulder with his elbow back. "Damn, where do you get all the money from to buy all that?", he asked, clearly surprised. "I mean...three houses, three cars..." Smiling softly, he ran his hand through his hair once, before standing up again. "So...tell me s'mthing more 'bout yourself. Y'told my brother you got a boyfriend. Why don'tcha tell me a bit 'bout him?"

Evan rolled his eyes. "Yeah right. I highly doubt that.", he growled, shaking his head. "He's got reasons? What reasons would a guy like him have to be that way other than him enjoying it?" He lifted his shoulders and walked in as well. "And sure, I'll help you. So first off, do you want a burger?"

Rachel made a funny face and moaned torturedly.
"Must I...?"
She rolled her eyes.
"Yea well eh...i had that boyfriend around half a year ago, had just turned 14, don't judge me, however...he eh....he seemed like a great guy at first. I mean, he was one of the most popular boys in school, he was self-confident...and i had no idea who he really was.i mean, urgh...
I had *cough cough* have some problems with exactly that. Believing in myself and so on, and when he told me he liked me...it Just was a great feeling to finally be seen. I'm quite a wallflower...
Eh so I kinda rushed in, but I soon had to realize that it wasn't me what he liked. It was the fact that I didn't dare to talk back and just....yeah. he was looking for a pretty bird to put in some restraint.
But i still didn't leave. But it got worse and worse. I guess you know what it feels like to get beaten up with a belt...
Yeah well and my now-boyfriend got me out of there. He's...he's a good guy, and he's very nice and everything, just...i don't know, while Marcus was the negative extreme, Cody is the positive extreme. So positive that he's driving me insane! I can't even discuss with him because he's so damn...soft. I don't know what other word to use. He's going on my nerves, helicoptering me like some freaky guardian angel! Sure, he's great and everything but...i mean, damn, I'm a leader of an unofficial, top secret company that's just between legal and illegal- keep that to yourself forever- don't you think after everything I'm able to look after myself, but noooo Mr.Evans wraps me up in cotton candy." She huffed silently. "Sorry. Don't know where that came from."
Smiling awkwardly, she scratched her neck.
"Eheheh...yeah well and the cars and houses and so on...we might eh...ear about 5 million a year...heh." she softly stroked a streak of hair behind her ear and looked up at the stars. "In case we manage to stay in touch despite the persecution- which I dearly hope- I could maybe get you a custom engine. Hybrid. It's actually been made for our jets but if I change a thing and there it should easily fit under that bonnet. Can't exactly tell you how much more horsepower you get from that, I'm more active in section four- biomechanic- but let's just say my car broke the sound barrier with it."

"Stop it, Evan!", Mina said surprising seriously. "Trust me, I saw what happens behind the scenes, and nobody would get through that without marks being left. And now we'll please drop the topic."
She turned to the counter.
"Would you mind telling me what that burger there is? The one with the spare ribs on it?", she asked, all of a sudden soft and smiling again. "Oh and is there any difference between those normal fries and the curly ones?"

Jim seemed to frown really deeply, concentrating hard to not have an outburst of rage again.
>>Calm.
No, don't calm.
Stop, I should calm down.
You can't calm yourself down.
I can.
Just do it.
No.
Yes.
Ok.<<
He got up from the bonnet and cracked the knuckles in his neck. "He hit you?", he asked, his voice deeper, rougher...scary.
"Y'want me to teach him a lesson?" His veins had already tensed up, just as his muscles. His breaths had slowed down and were now deeper as well. All in all, he had taken on a different appearance, somehow. He looked taller, bigger all in all, he looked terrifying. His eyes were gleaming angrily.

Evan frowned confused. Didn't she hate Davis too? Oh well.
Just ignoring it, he turned to the counter as well.
The woman behind it smiled softly. "The burger with the spare ribs is our new specialty. You can also order it with ranch sauce if you want. Personally my favorite.", she winked and continued explaining, "The curly fries are spiced and the normal ones are just salted. It's really up to you how you like them best. We can also offer you half-half so you can eat them both."

Rachel jumped off the bonnet.
Everyone else would have probably run away now, but despite the rage and anger and hate that was radiating from him so strongly it felt almost touchable, she wasn't scared.
Yes, he was a bit creepy, but she just knew he wouldn't hurt her. He was a good guy, deep down.
So she just softly wrapped her arms around him and calmingly ran her fingers through his hair. After a while, she cupped his face and looked up into his eyes with a soft smile.
"Hey, take a deep breath. It's okay. Marcus is far away in Germany, he won't come and hurt me again, and he doesn't deserve your attention. Okay? Look into my eyes and focus on them. It's fine..."
She gently cuddled against him, hoping to calm him down that way, while she softly hummed the melody of 'can't help falling in love' from Elvis and intertwined her fingers with his. "Let's just forget about all the bad things for tonight. No Marcus, no Major Davis, no Humanoid Anomaly Control Keepers, no war. Just you and me and the stars in the sky."

Mina smiled softly at the woman behind the counter.
"Alright. In that case I will try out your tip with the new burger and ranch sauce. Oh and the spicy fries, please. And a...wait I heard a soldier talking about it... Iced Frappé chocolate cappuccino or whatever it's called." Taking Evan's hand, she smiled at him. "Your turn!"

Jim's muscles were relaxing again, his heartbeat slowed down, and the gleaming rage in his eyes disappeared.
Now, he actually just felt really ashamed and weak.
"I'm sorry.", he whispered. "I didn't mean...I...I sometimes can't control my anger." He bit his lip. Never had he ever admitted one of his weaknesses.
Looking down at their interwined fingers and her cuddling against him, his heart had probably skipped a beat. Never had someone been so close without trying to hurt him.
"I...", he didn't know what to say anymore. He just felt extremely embarrassed and ashamed of himself. How could she hadn't been scared?

While the woman was typing Mina's order in the computer, Evan quickly took another look at the menu.
"For me...a medium McChicken Wrap, a Cheeseburger menu and Diet Coke."
"We only have Pepsi, is that alright too?"
"Sure."
"And with your menu, what fries would you like?"
"The normal ones."
"Ok." The woman gave them their receipt snd turned to other costumers.
"Should we find a table?", Evan asked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back