• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Closed

Jim walked into his tent and sat down on the wooden chair in front of the old desk inside.
He sighed.
Talking about his mother was hard. He had only known her for three years, but she'd been amazing... He could still remember how she started teaching him how to play the guitar.
His laptop lightened up.
Incoming call from Jack Davis.
"Hey there Jackie.", he greeted his half-brother.
A young boy, about 5-6 years old, black hair and blueish-green eyes, showed up on the screen, waving.
"Jim!", he shouted excitedly, his eyes sparkling.
"How are you, little bro?"
"I am good! And you?!"
Jim faked a soft smile. "I'm doing great."
"That is good! Do you miss me?"
"Of course I do, little man."
"I miss you too." Jack grinned softly. "Will you be home soon?"
"I do-"
"Will you be home for my birthday?"
Jim sighed. "I'm sorry, Jackie, but..." James didn't allow, not that he cared anyway, but Jim was only allowed to go back to the States once in a while for either another funeral or for important business in the Pentagon.
"You won't be there...right?", Jack pouted sadly.
"I'm sorry, kiddo."
"Next year?"
"Yeah."
"Okay..."

Evan frowned. "I think you meant to say 'years', not 'months'.", he corrected her, looking at the picture. "Isn't that the leaded of the rebels?"

"Commander?"
The young soldier from before was softly tapping against the tent, as there was no door to knock on.
He was unusually small and gracile, and his face seemed softer than of most. All in all, he looked somewhat feminine.
Despite his delicate appearance though, power and strength seemed to be radiating from him, and no one would have ever doubted his battle skills.
"I'm sorry if I'm disturbing. You seemed a bit down." He held up a cup with streaming hot chocolate, God knows how he had managed to get it heated like that, and smiled apologetically as he quickly slipped into the tent. He was on pretty good terms with the young commander, and probably closer to him than the others. Maybe even friends. "Hey Jack", he greeted the boy on the screen with a smile and put the cup down on the desk.
"Hey, wanna know what the big tomato says to the little tomato when it's too slow? ", he chuckled. "Ketch-up."

Mina raised one eyebrow. "Thank you sir but I'm very well able to distinguish between years and months. And in fact, I said weeks. " at his other question, she nodded. "Exactly. "

While Jack was laughing, Jim stood up from his chair and nodded into its direction, showing the soldier he could sit there.
The soldier was small, thin, gracile... not really military-material. He looked really feminine, and his voice was rather high-pitched. He could fight though.
Jim just assumed the guy was gay - not that he had any problems with gay people - as he had seen how the soldier looked at him the last time when they'd trained together. It'd been quite warm, and as Jim hadn't wanted to stop, he had just decided to take off his shirt. From the corner of his eye he'd seen the soldier staring at him for a second - but Jim had just ignored that - even though he kept wondering what there was to stare about him.
"You're not disturbing, Evans.", he mumbled, looking back at the screen where Jack was grinning. The boy seemed to like the young solider.
"Riley, you know what? My birthday is in a few days!", the commander's half-brother winked - closing both his eyes - with a proud expression on his face.

Evan's frown just deepened. "Weeks? Excuse me but that is very likely to be impossible.", he sped his walking tempo up a bit, in his eyes a hint of jealousy. Evan had been training for 6 years now and wasn't even nearly as good as Mina.

Riley smirked proudly at Jack. "Oh, that's so awesome, Jack! I'll have to get you a gift!"
Just as he was about to say something to the commander, his phone rang. It was turned on speaker, much to his dismay right now, cause as soon as he picked up...
"Rachel?!?"
Riley furrowed his eyebrows.
"This is Riley, not Rachel. But I'm sure I can handle my eh... my sisters stuff. What's up? "
"Oh, Riley, hi! It's all going wrong, the freaking G-force and... how am I supposed to fix that? "
"Change the angles by 7 degrees and go further up to 15. Whenever the g-force is the lowest, keep it that way. "
"... did you just tell me to start all over?!"
"Pretty much, yeah. Oh wait, there's another call. "
He pressed a key on his phone and a soft smile appeared on his face.
"Honey! How are you? Mission is taking a bit longer than intended but I'll surely be back for your birthday! "
A make voice answered.
"Hey my little star, did Ashley call you already? "
"Ehhh... hun, I'm not alone. " Riley blushed deeply, while the guy on the other side was silent for quite some time.
"Sorry I just laughed at you so hard. "
"You are an asshole and proud of it, eh? "
"Always hun! Gotta hang up now, breaks almost over. See you on my party then? "
"Definitely!"
"Perfect. Love you. "
"Love you more. " smirking, Riley hang up and turned to Jim. "You never heard that, especially the part with the g-force, Kay?"

Mina just lifted her shoulders. "Call me a liar, Weller, but that's how it is. Maybe I've been a fighter before or so, I don't know. I don't remember anything that happened before i woke up In the rubble. " She watched the clouds for a moment. "I don't even know how I do it. When training, I'm not better than anyone else, but as soon as it's me against somebody, it seems like I can't lose. I don't even have to do anything, It's weird. "

Jim just coughed akwardly. He was just going to ignore the fact he had just heard Evans talking to his boyfriend.
"So, building a plane?", he asked, raising an eyebrow - and just shrugged. "Oh yeah - didn't hear anything."
Jack sat behind his desk, silent for a moment, until he tilted his head and looked at his brother.
"Jim?"
"Mh?"
"Why do you have such a deep voice and Riley doesn't?"
"Well, some men have a deeper voice than others. And in my case I just have a real deep one.", he replied, a really soft smirk on his face. "Your voice will become deeper, too."
"It will? When?"
"I'd say when you're about 14-15."
"But then I will be old! Just like you!"
"Did you just call me old?", Jim asked, playfully raising an eyebrow. "You don't even know how old I am."
"Yes I do! You're...you're 18!"
"Do you know hold old Rose is?"
"Ehm...wait! I'll ask her!", Jack quickly got up and ran out of the room.
Jim sighed. He was always trying to keep James away from coming back home - as he didn't want Jack to get hurt or seeing him get hurt. Sadly, because of that, Jim wasn't able to come home as well. As long as he saw Jack smiling and laughing, it was fine.

Evan raised an eyebrow at the woman. "So you really don't remember anything from before Al Ashad found you?", he asked, his frown slowly disappearing. Trying to imagine what it'd feel like to not knowing anything anymore... no, he would not sympathize with her now. She was still better than him.

"J-just a remote-controlled model! ", Riley clarified, before laughing softly as Jack asked about his voice.
"He's a cute little guy", he said with a soft smile at the screen.
He really enjoyed hanging around with the commander. Not because he was undeniably good-looking or so... which he was, but he just was a good guy.
He squirmed slightly. The binder around his (her) upper body was making it hard to breathe, and after wearing it all day long...
"Excuse me", he said. "I heard about that new girl in town. I believe she wanted to come over and say hi. You know, a question of politeness and so on."
He headed out of the tent, and just a few minutes later, a girl with wild blonde locks, the same amber eyes as Riley and a military uniform came in. Nobody had ever seen her before, nobody knew her name. She looked like fifteen, maybe sixeen years old and as she softly stroked a streak of hair behind her ear.
"Hello, commander. I eh... I'm from another squad that's stationed further in the South."

"Well,I remember two things...",Mina said hesitantly. "But those can only be dreams, because I both...i eh...i die. " She frowned slightly.
"I remember how a huge metal bar fell down on me as a bomb hit the building I was hiding in... And I remember a lot of people around me... I'm not sure, but I believe we were trapped and basically had the choice between a quick and a slow death. We took poison, I believe... And then I woke up In the rubble. Weird enough, the building I woke up In looked just like the one in that first dream."

Slightly confused by Riley's quick disappearance, Jim just gave a nod at the girl which had just walked in. She looked really young, about 16 perhaps. Too young to be in the military.
"Navy SEAL and Special OPs Commander Jim Davis.", he introduced himself, giving a quick informal salut (with two fingers instead of the entire hand). Staring at the woman for a moment, he straightened his back and frowned slightly. "Stationed further in the South? Lima Company?", he asked, turning back to the Laptop as he saw the little boy entering the room again.
"Rose is- who is that?", Jack looked at the woman with big eyes. "Is she your girlfriend?"
"What? No. No, Jack.", Jim rolled his eyes. "I ain't got no girlfriend."
"Oh..."
"What now?"
"But she's pretty. Like a princess. A war princess."
"Yes, she is, but that doesn't make her my girlfriend, ok?" Turning to the woman, an akward expression on Jim's face, he put his hand on the back of his neck, looking at her. "Apologies for the inconvenience, ma'am. It's my 5-year-old brother, Jack."
"Hi there princess!"

Weller raised an eyebrow. "That can only be dreams. You can't just die and still be alive.", he chuckled. "That only happens in either dreams, books or movies."

The young soldier walked up to the table and smirked as she saw the little boy.
"Hi there! You're so sweet, young man." She chuckled softly.
"But I can't be his girlfriend, I already have a boyfriend. His name is Cody."
She winked and then turned to the Commander again.
"No need to apologize, sir. You really have a cute brother there. Oh eh, I'm..." She hesitated. She wanted to make sure that nobody would be able to identify her If they found out she didn't belong to the military.
"I'm Alex. Not Lima. Delta. Sir, you..." She pointed at his cheek. "You're getting a bruise there. Wait..."
She shed a tear, caught it up with her thumb and carefully stroked over the bruise with it. It healed immediately, while she smiled slightly. "You should really keep this a secret."

"Then tell me why I have a scar right where the metal bar hit me...", Mina grumbled. All of a sudden, within a split second, she stood behind Evan, grabbed his shoulder and pushed him away with enough force to make him fly a couple of feet away. A second later, a grenade exploded right in front of her, where Weller had just stood.
As the smoke slowly faded, she coughed. "Dusty! You okay, Weller?" She walked up to him as if nothing had happened and held out get hand to help him stand up.

Jim frowned confused. "How did you-?" And then Ashad's words flashed into his mind. >>Shapeshifter?<<
Giving a nod, he started thinking. There currently was no Delta Company in the South. Only Lima and Foxtrot... what if this girl didn't want to be recognized?
"Delta Company, you said? A-", just as he wanted to continue, Jack interrupted.
"Jim! JIIIIIM!"
"Yeah?"
"You know what I did today?"
"No, tell me."
"I washed the baby!"
Jim's pupils widened and he gulped. "You washed... you washed the baby?"
Jack nodded, a proud grin on his face.
"Please tell me you were supervised and didn't hurt her."
"She's fine."
Taking a deep breath, he smirked softly. "Good."
>>What if there's a scratch?
There won't be.
I hope so.<<

Evan looked around him, baffled. "There- there was just a grenade and- you..." Taking short, deep breathes, he grabbed Mina's hand but kept sitting. "It exploded in front of you and you- you're fine. And I'm fine. And you..."

The girl raised one eyebrow.
The baby?
She knew the commander was about to turn 19 (and she'd make sure he'd have at least a small birthday cake) but she had never heard of him being a father.
"Did... Her mother leave you?", She asked silently. "Apologies if this question is too personal.
For some reason, and she wasn't sure what, She had a feeling as if... something had been fixed when she had touched him. As if all the scars her heart was wearing had disappeared for a second...
She caught herself staring into his eyes.
Man those eyes!
She had never seen such a bright blue before.
And she just couldn't stop...!

Mina shrugged one shoulder.
"Yeah well I though you might want to live for a couple more years."
As Evan didn't really seem able to stand up right now, She softly rolled her eyes and sat down beside him.
"Told you I'm a bad loser ", She chuckled jokingly, but then turned more serious. "I don't know how that's possible. I just know that I seem to be resistant against physical damage or so..."

Jim let out an akward chuckle, turning away.
"My baby...is my car.", he explained, akwardly scratching the back of his head. "She's- eh, I mean, the car, is really important to me. So...I don't know. Just got used to calling her 'baby'."
He turned to the laptop, raising an eyebrow as he noticed his brother laughing out loud, and just shook his head.
"You did that on purpose, didn't you?"
"When I catch you off guard, I need to!"
"I'm never off guard, y'know that."
Taking off his jacket, he threw it onto the bed, and quickly took a look at the scar on his right shoulder. It'd been made 2 months ago, when a piece of a grenade flew into his arm, yet it still looked as if it had been made yesterday.
Looking at the girl again, he smirked softly.
He hadn't smiled non-purposely in...in years. But the girl... she was somehow different.
Catching her staring into his eyes, he slightly tilted his head, raising an eyebrow. "Everything okay... what was your name again? Alex, right?"

Evan took a deep breath, trying to calm himself down. "But...I don't get it. How on earth is that possible? It isn't..." Shaking his head, he turned to Mina with a confused expression on his face. "Thanks for saving me though. I didn't see the grenade coming..."

'Alex' smiled awkwardly and looked away.
She wasn't used to someone looking at her like that. Cody usually just looked at her as if she would break apart whenever he wouldn't agree with her,so this was really...refreshing.
"Um, yeah", she said with a slight blush. "I just ehhh...oh wait."
That wound was a very welcome change of topic.
But that didn't make it better...at all.
She was tiny. He tall as heck.
So she had to stand up on her tiptoes, pulling herself up on his shoulders a bit, and lean her forehead against his shoulder to even reach that dark cut.
As it was healed, and her face red, she immediately took a few steps back. Why on earth did he smell so good?!
"You really gotta look out, or i'll have to come over every evening to fix you up again...Jim.", she said with a smile and winked.

Mina shrugged. "No problem. Just eh...keep it to yourself, okay? The others are already scared enough of me." She sighed silently, looking at the setting sun. "You're from America...would you mind telling me about it? Your hometown or so? Just to get away from all this for a few minutes."

Jim looked at her with a soft expression in his eyes.
"Thanks for that.", he mumbled, staring at his healed scar for a moment before back at Alex. Just as he wanted to say something, he suddenly darted forwards and stepped in front of her, pushing her behind him by gently touching her belly - as a man had stepped into the tent.
He was about 6'2' ft tall, had dark brown hair, greyish-blue eyes - and a black eye. His forehead had a massive scar, hold together with stitches. Looked as if someone had beaten the shit out of him.
"Jeffreys.", Jim hissed, frowning angrily.
"Davis. Am I interrupting?", the man asked, a pleased grin on his face.
>>You interrupt me by being alive.<<
"What do you want?"
"You, the major and me need to talk."
Gulping, Jim nodded, grabbed his jacket and hat and put them on.
"I'll be right back, Jackie.", he said to his brother, faking a smile before turning to the girl. "Would you please stay here with my brother until I'm back?", he asked her, his eyes now filled with fear. With pain. "Thank you." - and he and the man left the tent.

Evan nodded, still taking deep breathes to calm down. "I won't tell the others.", he whispered, watching the sunset as well. "Eh well... I was born in New York, lived there until I was... 8. 8 or 9, I believe, and then me, my parents and my four sisters moved to Alamogordo, New Mexico. Yeah and after I graduated high school, I went into the military. There's isn't that much to tell about me."

Alex looked after him with deep sorrow I her gaze. She had never seen Jim looking at someone like that... that soft expression, but also the fear and pain in his eyes.
She immediately felt the need to protect him, but still stayed here as he told her, mainly because she was worried she'd only make it worse if she stepped in.
Nervously playing around with a fireball that had just appeared in her hands, she looked at Jack.
She just couldn't help the feeling...waiting for Jim here... it felt like waiting for her a part of herself to return. It was stupid, she knew that, but...
On a piece of paper, she quickly wrote down little pieces of a song she was currently writing.
'It's like one step forward and two steps back'
'Maybe we're not meant to be'
Okay, admittedly... She was planning to leave her boyfriend. It just... being with him felt like watching a boring movie. It was predictable, boring...
Silently humming the melody, she wrote on, hoping Jim wouldn't mind that she had borrowed his pen.

"Hey that's more than I can tell about me at least ", Mina said shrugging.
She didn't know this soldier beside her, but it was all just getting too much by now.
"Can you keep a secret? ", she mumbled sadly. "I don't even...i Don't even fell like a human..."

Jack was watching the woman with big eyes.
"You can play with fire.", he whispered, holding up one of his hands - until a blueish like flame appeared on it. "Me too."
Making the fire disappear again, he tilted his head. "What are you writing there?", he asked, his eyes slowly starting to look like puppy eyes. "And what are you humming there?"

Evan looked at her, slightly frowning. "What...do you mean? How do you mean that?", he asked, raising an eyebrow. "And sure...I'll keep it a secret."

Alex looked up from her paper and faked a soft smile.
"There are more people like us", she said silently. "My whole family, excepting my parents. But we should keep it to ourselves for now."
Looking at the paper again, she lifted her shoulders. "I'm just writing a song eh... to tell my boyfriend I don't want to be his girlfriend anymore."
Just then, her phone beeped.
While she read the message, her eyes got bigger and bigger and slowly filled with tears. She looked away so Jack wouldn't see her crying. What she had just read there... oh god no...

"I don't know..." Mina lifted her shoulders. "It just feels wrong to call myself human. I mean, you have seen what happened. Do you... Do you think there's more in this world than we know?"

Jack's eyes suddenly widened and he made a sad, howling sound. "Alex? Alex why are you crying? Is everything ok?", he asked, his voice shaking because he was so worried. "Alex?"

Evan lifted his shoulders. "There are so many fairytails and stories about fairies and people able to shift into things, people with abilities like controlling fire... there has never actually been found proof for that, but you never know. What if you are a descendant of one of those famous legends?"

"I-I just got some bad news...", Alex mumbled silently.
"My best friend's big brother died...but...but that surely was just a mistake or so. Maybe someone's trying to fool me." She forced a soft smile, but actually just craved for a hug.

"Then I'd be a danger for everyone around and should leave before..."
For a second, she saw Evan turn into one of the monsters she usually saw her enemies as.
The red curtain appeared again, and as she could see and control herself again, she had dug her fingers into his neck and pushed him face-first into the dirt.
She immediately let go of him, her fingers digging into her hair now, and jumped up and away from him. "I-I... you... i'm sorry!", she stuttered with big, terrified eyes.

Just as Jack wanted to answer, Jim stumbled back into the tent. A cigarette in his mouth, a bruised lip, slightly limping. Walking past the girl, he headed for his bed where he stopped in front of it. Taking off his jacket, one was now able to see some fresh blood stains on the back of his t-shirt.
Turning around to the girl, he closed his eyes for a moment before speaking up. "Thanks for staying here.", talking was hard. His jaw had been hit pretty hard, and every slight movement hurt.
Just then he noticed the tears in the girl's eyes.
"Everything alright?"

Evan sat up, spitting out some of the dirt, and pushed his hand against his bleeding neck. "What the- Mina! What was that good for?!"

Alex quickly took of her jacket, leaving her in a black tank top and revealing a few scars and fresher cuts on her lower arms.
She used the sleeve to wipe away her tears, then walked over to the commander and carefully pushed the soaked fabric against his lip, which of course healed immediately. Even softer, she traced his bruised jawline.
Somehow it felt so natural to be there for him, close to him, and still every touch seemed almost electric.
"I just..." She sighed deeply. "My best friend's brother has died on the front today, in his arms... They were more than just brothers... like you and Jack. May I?"
She softly helped him to take off his t-shirt, really having to contain herself as her fingers touched his muscular sides as she turned him around. It hurt to see him like this, as if she was the one who had just been beaten up. While she carefully healed the wounds on his back, she rested her forehead against his shoulder and hummed a melody. A different one than before; comptine d' un autre été.
"If you go on like this I'll really have to come over every evening to fix you", she said with a slight smile. "Not that I'd mind. You're... You're a good guy." As his back was fixed, she turned him around again and looked up into his eyes.
Those lightnings...!
>>he's one of us!<<
She softly stroked a streak of hair out of his face and smiled calmingly. "You were limping. What happened to you leg? I'm sure I can fix it", she chuckled winking.

Mina staggered a few steps backwards.
"I-I don't know! I...i suddenly switched into fight-mode... you looked like one of them for a second! I'm so sorry...!"

Jim smirked painfully. "Thank you." Talking was ok now again. How on earth was she able to do something like that?
Looking down to his leg, he shook his head. "I don't want you to waste another tear on me. I'm not worth it. And besides, I don't want you to see anything like that."
Sighing, he looked at his in-blood-covered shirt. Yes, he could throw that one away. Yet another t-shirt gone.
"I'm sorry to hear about your best friend's brother. That's something nobody should go through...losing family."
Thinking back of his uncle John, who had died about two years ago, he looked down at her arms. Cuts. Changing gazes between his lower arms and hers, both identically scarred, he sadly looked back into her eyes.
"You shouldn't hurt yourself."

"I looked like Taliban to you?!", Evan hissed silently, frowning. "Man you could've killed me had you pushed me longer into the sand!"

>>not worth it? <<
Alex frowned slightly, but then managed to smile sadly. "Whatever gives you the idea you aren't worth tears to be shed, You should forget about it. I think you're worth a lot more than you think. And psh! I've already seen people inside-out after a plane crash, I'm sure I can handle your leg."
She put on her jacket again, so the cuts were covered.
"I know...", she mumbled. "But neither should you. Seems like we both have things to work on."
She then sighed sadly. "Oh god what am I supposed to do now? Poor Paul..."

"I already apologized!", Mina growled angrily, but her eyes were filled with fear.
"Do you think I'm a monster on purpose? Do you think I enjoy that?!"
Steaming, she walked back towards her tent, growling silent curses.

Jim grabbed his lower right arm, slightly squeezing it, and sighed. "Yeah, think you're right." Only today he had already been thinking about ending it all again. Hadn't Alex been here, he would've probably already taken his gun...
"I wish I could help your friend cope with his loss."
>>If only I knew how to cope with losses...<<
Looking at his laptop, he smirked sadly. Jack had fallen asleep. Quickly disconnecting so they wouldn't wake him up, he turned back to the girl.
"I-" - just in that moment another soldier burst into the tent.
"Commander!"
"What, Jacksson?"
"It's your cousin, Sir!"
"Danno? What's with him?"
"I'm sorry, Sir...", the soldier took off his hat, sadly looking to the floor. "His plane crashed. He survived the crash, but...an enemy shot him. Dennis is dead, Sir."

Evan watched Mina storm away and sighed. He hadn't meant to upset her that much. He'd just been scared...
Getting up, he brushed the dust off his uniform and made his way towards her tent.
"David?"

Alex felt as if her stomach had just turned into a giant chunk of ice.
She looked at Jim from the corner of her eyes, then at the soldier.
She walked over to him and smiled sadly.
"Thank you for telling us. It must have been hard for you to bring such news. That was really courageous of you."
She softly pushed him out of the tent and then turned to Jim, her eyes filled with pity and sorrow.
"I'm so sorry for your loss, Jim", she whispered, softly petting his back. "If there's anything I can do for you..."
She gently wrapped her arms around him, as if he could protect him from falling apart that way.
"I know you barely know me...but I'm here, okay? I'm here for you."

Mina sighed soundlessly.
A few broken chairs lay on the ground, in her hands she was holding a tissue.
"What?", she shouted, half angry, half sobbing.

Jim could only blankly stare in front of him. His eyes were empty. Not the tiniest sign of tears or feelings.
Dennis was dead. His cousin was dead.
He had a wife. A daughter.
He was the only family Jim had left besides his brother, who he would never see again...
>>He's gone.
It's my fault.
Of course it is, but why?
He went to the military because of me.
It's all my fault...<<

Evan sighed sadly. "May I come in?", he asked, his voice soft and silent. "I didn't mean to upset you like that..." He gulped. "I was... I was just scared for a moment there...okay?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back