• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Monster Smash - Character Thread

myvalentina

A half forgotten song

/monthly_2016_10/580870883bcf7_ScreenShot2016-10-19at2_44_54PM.thumb.png.4faaf052cdb79687d819e45ce7761ca6.png

Character Sheet

Name:

High School: East Lago High or Hawthorne High

Age: [Highschool Age (14-19) or if older (20-24) character must have been an alumni of one of the two high schools. Anyone older than that will be decided on a case by case basis]

Realistic image or Description:

Sexual Orientation:

Extracurriculars: (no more than three) E.g. Dance, Chess Club, Football team, AV club

Clique: (If Applicable)

Bio:

B.Y.O. Misc: (just one) E.g. Beer keg, twister, bounce house, lights/decorations, stereo speakers, etc. 

Theme Song: (If Applicable)

Please Wait to be Accepted 

Last edited by a moderator:
tumblr_o9vqubDm7O1qa1ue2o7_500.jpg

FC- Julian Barratt

The only adult at the party. Don't worry he'll promptly be killed off.

Name: Mr. Darney

High School: Hawthorne High

Sexual Orientation: Straight

Extracurriculars: Runs the Writing Club

Clique: Teacher

Bio: Steven Darney grew up in Historia. While he'd always had dreams of moving away, he got a girl pregnant in college and moved back home with his new family after receiving his degree. He wrote in his spare time, but never found success with any of his books. He had a drinking problem causing his wife to leave him. After a couple of years he moved to Sunny Hill to avoid the judging glares from people he'd known since childhood. He began teaching at Hawthorne High and has been there ever since.

Growing up in Historia he did go to East Lago High and remembers the Halloween parties fondly. When he overheard one of his students talking about a Halloween party between both schools, he volunteered to bring a generator. He told himself he wanted to go to keep an eye on the teenagers so they wouldn't get in trouble. Mostly he wants to relive some of his glory days.

B.Y.O. Misc: A generator to power the lake house.

Theme Song: Turn on Me - The Shins

tumblr_nvcsuywuT91ugjrk3o6_250.png

FC- Jordan Fisher

Name: Victor Hyde  Beastly

Sexual Orientation: Gay

Extracurriculars: Football team (Quarterback), Writing Club 

Clique: Jocks

Bio: Victor grew up in Toronto. His father worked as a special effects artist on mostly horror movies, and being the horror fan that he was, he nick-named his son beastly. The name was ironic and a source of bullying for him as a child. He was small and effeminate and the kids in his school were quick to single him out. It made him work that much harder to try and fit in. He tried out for sports and fought to be taken seriously by the other kids. It wasn't until his father was hurt on the job that things changed for Beastly.

The family moved to Sunny Hill, his mother's home town. With a new start and a growth spurt he was quite popular. It helped that his father made him kick ass costumes every year on Halloween. Victor made it onto the football team where his teammates loved his nickname, since he showed such passion on the field. He still felt uneasy, like any day it could all be taken away, so he works hard to please everyone at his school. That's why when he heard about East Lago's request for help with the Senior Halloween party, he was first to sign up. His mother was a real estate agent and he'd overheard her talking about a house she'd sold over a year ago. The owners had disappeared; the house far enough away from the major towns and abandoned, it made a perfect place for a party.

B.Y.O. Misc: Candles to help light the house and add a spooky atmosphere/ They were left over from a horror movie his father had worked on.

Theme Song: Younger - Seinabo Sey

tumblr_nupy3cNhCX1tv75m3o1_500.png

Name: Anastasia Masters

High School: East Lago High

Face Claim: Absentia

Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual, heteroromantic

Extracurriculars: Dance

Clique: Prep - queen bee

Bio: Growing up in the upper class Anastasia fast learned that having stuff got her a better position in life, and she truly believed that. Her father travelling through work and her mother staying late at the office Anastasia often got her way, and she did what she wanted with it. She bought her friends young, but kept them due to her actually being a quite lovely person. She has a rather normal childhood, starting dancing young and loving it. When she was not out with her friends, having sleep over or being in school she danced. Anastasia loves doing extra curricular work, mostly because it looks good and her parents wants her to, and this is why she was first to volunteer.

B.Y.O. Misc: Effects, due to her love of smoke machines.

Theme Song: Christine and the Queens - Tilted

Character Sheet

Name: Kate Rose Remington 'Shorty' 

5'1" 115lbs FC: Anna Carlson

IMG_2549.JPGIMG_2547.JPG

Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual 

Extracurriculars: Cheerleading (Flyer-Captain) and Volleyball (Libero-Captain)

Clique: Jocks

Bio: Kate grew up in an all-American family. They were solidly middle-class, both her parents came from the same small town, and they attended church every Sunday. Kate was on the B-Honor Roll, active in sports, and the face of East Lagos Cheerleading. 

Kate's one of those popular, goody-two shoes, well loved by everyone in school but rarely invited to parties. Her father, the infamous Deputy Sheriff Jon Remington, had been the one to break up the Ipswich Cemetery party, so it was no wonder why. Being Captain of the Cheerleaders, however, guaranteed her an invite this year. She convinced her parents to let her go by explaining there'd be chaperones. She also made daddy promise not to drive by. 

Kate's known for being bubbly, spunky, and super outgoing. While she stays out of trouble, she does have a penchant for having fun. Kate considers most everyone a friend, though she distrusts the rich kids like Anastasia Masters. In Kate's opinion, popularity is earned and not bought. Sometimes, Kate speaks before she thinks though she tries her best to avoid drama. 

B.Y.O. Misc: 200 Cupcakes!!!! 

Theme Song: 

Name: Hanate Wakuso Shiseo Tadashite Teriyaki Suzuki Honda Civic

High School: East Lago High (Prev)

IMG_0427.jpg

Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual

Bio: Just beware, I suck at bios... *ahem* Hanate lived in Anastasia most of his life. A long time ago, in a little village named Fake Japan, Hanate's family believed that martial arts proficiency is power, meaning that Hanate soon got good at martial arts. At age six, not only did Hanate move to Anastasia, but he finally convinced his parents to let him take normal school. [time gap] When Hanate graduated from East Lago High, he immediately started teaching martial arts. Every year, Hanate goes to the party because he tsill has strong ocnnections to the highschool. [Sorry if the bio is jittery and confusing.]

B.Y.O. Misc: A book filled with awful Halloween puns

Name: Leo Barden

High School: East Lago High

Sexual Orientation: Lesbian

Extracurriculars: Middle Hitter on the volleyball team, 

Clique: Jock

Bio: Leo grew up in a supportive household with two younger brothers and an older sister. She quickly became the tallest of her siblings, growing even taller than her oldest sister. Her mother, playing volleyball in high school, enrolled her daughter in volleyball at a young age because of her height. So Leo continued with volleyball, it quickly becoming her passion.

Her high school life consists of many friends, as many people know her and enjoy her presence. She is taller than almost half of the football team. 

Shes got it in good with the guys, but they really are not her forte. Girl interest Leo more, and that's just what her heart tells her. Leo's parents are fully compliant with whatever she chooses.  

B.Y.O. Misc: Speakers

Theme Song: Can't Pin Me Down- Marina and the Diamonds

((She's 6'3"))

IMG_2671.JPG

I really don't mean to sound rude @myvalentina or to put down Verdana who I'm sure is an excellent roleplayer, but how can you accept his character sheet?

The name of his character is seven words long, of which four involve Japanese cars and a flavor of food. 

His character is 22 years old without a stated reason of why he'd be at a high school party. 

His character's stated 'bring your own party supply' is a weapon. 

The application isn't completed; there isn't a biography. 

I know you're the OP and you have the right to accept or deny applications as you wish. You also have the right to create the rules by which to judge these applications. I just feel that @Verdana should spend a little more time on his for the sake of the story, and that we'd all, him as well, be better off for it. 

Feel free to let me know if I'm wrong or misreading things. <3 

I really don't mean to sound rude @myvalentina or to put down Verdana who I'm sure is an excellent roleplayer, but how can you accept his character sheet?

The name of his character is seven words long, of which four involve Japanese cars and a flavor of food. 

His character is 22 years old without a stated reason of why he'd be at a high school party. 

His character's stated 'bring your own party supply' is a weapon. 

The application isn't completed; there isn't a biography. 

I know you're the OP and you have the right to accept or deny applications as you wish. You also have the right to create the rules by which to judge these applications. I just feel that @Verdana should spend a little more time on his for the sake of the story, and that we'd all, him as well, be better off for it. 

Feel free to let me know if I'm wrong or misreading things. <3 

You have a point. I took a pause when I saw it too, but I looked back at what I said in the introductory post about what I was looking for-- specifically 'casual to detailed rp-ers' and that it was horror-lite and with maybe some comedy-- so I made a decision that while there is no bio it doesn't mean that there can't be fun to be had in this type of role-play (a beat-em up style monster fighting rp) with a character that is a martial artist. That along with his enthusiasm, I assume the interest in the RP is genuine and it wasn't necessarily a joke character as much as a fun character for the type of RP that this is (if that makes sense). I could be wrong though.

Since it was brought up, and it did echo my first reservations, I want to ask @Verdana to elaborate on the bio if you could please before you begin to post.

@Tori_98 Your point is valid, it seems unfair to have an unfinished bio since everyone else has put so much thought into their characters. Thank you for your input, I appreciate it. 

If your character does not go around telling awful puns as an opening to every single new conversation you missed the opportunity, @Verdana. Just wanted to throw it out there

Juat gonna put down two NPC, they are Anastasias bffs. Feel free to both use and kill them (yes @Tori_98, your dreams are comming true). And I will be posting at my break, I start working in 15 min.

dd6e83c4-35ce-4305-8f66-249ada737913.gif

Name: Eveline Jacksen

Sexual Orientation: Questioning

Clique: Prep

Bio: Eveline comes out of a rich family, she developed a love for singing and dancing very young. Her dream ia to become a popstar and she never denies a opportunity to danceand sing.

B.Y.O. Misc: You can bet she takes her expensive kareokemachine with her.

Theme Song: N/A

Face Claim: Sabrina Carpenter

c5b724fb-eeed-4f61-bf0f-a5fd6f745775.gif

Name: Joanne Jacksson

Sexual Orientation: Bisexual, biromantic

Clique: Prep

Bio: Joanne has always been in the shadows of someone, always trying to get out of them. She and Anastasia became friends at a very young age. She is not as rich as her two best friend and was bought in by Anastasia, though they really became good friends at age 14. She loves and lives for dancing, dreaming of coming out of the background team.She has always been lovely and silent, being kind of an introvert but changing into a real party animal after two shots of vodka.

B.Y.O. Misc: 2 bottles of vodka

Theme Song: N/A

Face Claim: Chloe Lukasiak

I apologize for the inconvenience, Valentina. The character sheet has been refined.

Thank you! 

This is the first time I've made a group RP on RPnation so if I do things wrong I want to be called out. But like a fun callout cause I cry easily lol

//// ALSO! Let's try and keep the character thread as clean as possible with only Character bios and NPC bios. We can continue to talk puns in the OOC thread. 

kingsman-gazellegif.gif

Name: Christina Candera

Sexual Orientation: straight

Extracurriculars: yearbook club

Clique: Cheerleaders (Captain)

Bio: 

Chrissy is the middle child of a large family which meant a lot of trying to stand out to get even the little bit of attention from her parents. After they divorced it became even more difficult even though some of the siblings were split between father and mother. In a way it prepared her for high school, and of all the the Candera siblings that have gone through the halls of Hawthorne High she's been the most popular. It helped that she immediately joined the cheerleaders her freshman year and worked her butt off to become captain.

While popular she is ruthless and willing to cut other's down to get ahead. And she'll only apologize if it means showing people she's sympathetic. So very two-faced and manipulative. Her vulnerability comes in being ignored.

Her sister Lisa had gone to Lago High (she was one of the siblings that ended up in Historia with their mother), so Chrissy has heard of the Halloween parties. She also heard how lame they'd been in recent years, so she doesn't know exactly what to expect, but she's ready to fuck shit up. 

B.Y.O. Misc: Beer Keg (thanks to her college boyfriend Marcus who may or may not show up later)

Theme Song: Chaos Chaos - Do You Feel It?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back