• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Modern Day John and Yoko Everyone! [Private]

DamnCatsMeow

Classified: Lost
tumblr_noqfwqGD791tvuzndo1_500.jpg

Lucy sat at the end of the dock, her feet tucked up underneath her. She had been out there meditating for hours, searching for answers she knew she already had. It had been two years since she left New York. The gods and the Alexanders had disappeared, she was losing touch with her magic and Tony had his own problems to deal with. She needed to get out, she needed to breathe. So with the money she saved from selling elixirs (and a little borrowed from the Stark fund) she bought a cabin in Washington and took a hiatus from the world. It was wonderful for the first year and a half but the last six months were rough. Her only company had been her ancestors and Charlie, not necessarily good conversationalists. Nights were cold and lonely.

So this morning she walked out onto the dock with her favorite flannel blanket and truly took the time to be honest with herself. When she finally opened her eyes, she let out a frustrated scream that echoed across the water. "SON OF A BIIIIIITCCCH!"
With a deep breath and determination she pulled her phone from her pocket and created a new text.

[Text]: Hey Jude its Lucy. You there?

And thus the anxious pacing began.

Buzz Buzz.

"I want you to take your responsibilities here seriously. Don't end up like your father. Child on every continent. A new lover every five minutes."

Buzz Buzz.

"Jude, are you listening to me?"

"Of course I am, don't be dramatic. Look, I have to take this. Can we schedule this scolding for another time?"

"Just go."

Time was different. Life was different. Dionysus knew that he had another set of children with a mortal, but he treated them like any other- And Amelia had sworn them both to secrecy. Asking for the chance to see if life would take her into a different direction, if she could experience different things instead of having what she wanted with a flick of a finger. Grace had gone off to travel, wanting to experience life and the best it had to offer. Last he heard she was somewhere in London, studying to be a dancer or something. Jude was stuck doing all the hard work, taking care of the issues in Olympus. The businesses on earth Dion lost interest in- handed off to any of the spawns who would take it- He snatched up. Earning his place in the 'family', in the world.

Of course this meant that he had to leave his own life behind, the one he had started building- with her.
He wanted a clean break. He needed to... for her. It started off as him never being home, visiting every other day or so.
Then it went by weeks. Months. Until he couldn't make the time to come back. She deserved better. So much better.

Down in to the water he crashed, the force of his arrival causing choppy waves for miles. After a few minutes he resurfaced, coughing, swimming his way over to the steps. "I got your text."

Slackjawed, she stood there without a single clue of what to say. Had he just— fallen from Olympus to answer her text? Sure, she could have handled a text, maybe a phone call, but this? This was crazy right?

“Jude? What—how?” She made her way down to the steps, holding out an arm to assist him out of the water. As he stood there in front her, clothes soaked and clinging to him, she could feel her stomach twist into nervous knots. Apprehension fused with longing.

“You didn’t have to perform the worlds most painful cannonball just to answer me, a text would have sufficed...”

She had thought about this moment over a hundred times, written a million angry letters. She had even rehearsed with Charlie a time or two. Now that she was face to face with reality she began to wonder if she had the nerve to face it.

"I feel like, maybe, just maybe I might've knocked the earth out of orbit." He managed to spill out, wobbling slightly as he took the first step up. "Oh a text, huh? Does that mean you want me to go?"

She snaked an arm around him, helping to keep him vertical. "No, don't be ridiculous, come inside I'll make you some tea. I'll even add a splash of Whisky for you." Walking into the cabin, she left him at the island to fill her favorite kettle. Hearing the activity, Charlie barreled down the stairs until finding his way to Jude, hopping around excitedly at this ankles.

Last edited:
"Whiskey, huh?" He replied with a huff, shivering. It was April wasn't it? Why was everything so cold. "What're you doing all the way out here- This isn't New York, right? Or did things change while I was gone..." He rambled on for as long as he could until Charlie arrived. "Look at you, old man! What're you doing, hm? Ow- hey, no biting, stop it."

"We're pretty deep into the woods in Washington. I forget what park this is though...I don't head into the more populated-touristy areas." With her mortar and pestle, she began to crush up the herbs needed for the tea. Once thoroughly combined, she placed them into her rubber ducky steeper and handed it to him along with an over-sized mug. "I'm not really one for socialization lately." With a shrug she grabbed a biscuit from the counter, tossing it to Charlie to occupy him.

"You? Not one for socializing?" Jude raised an eyebrow but made no further comment, treading lightly around the subject. Had he done this to her? "Why- I mean, if I'm allowed to ask. You've just always been so bright and bubbly." He'd almost did it- asked the question. One of the stupidest ideas that had ever entered his mind. 'What changed?' You. YOU.

"I just felt lost," she shrugged, "..I was losing touch with myself. So I treated myself to a luxury private mental, spiritual retreat." She flashed him a quick grin. "And I haven't become a crazy mountain lady, I promise, I see Tanya at the Stop 'n' Shop once a month." I am so pathetic.

"Luxury?" He laughed, glancing around the cabin. Leaning his chair to lift the curtain covering the panes of the window, glancing out at the woods. "This is anything but. This might actually be the exact opposite of luxury if you want my honest opinion.."

Lucy rolled her eyes, leaning against the counter with her arms folded defiantly across her chest. "Luxury can be defined as a state of great comfort and extravagant living. For one, i'm outrageously comfortable here...despite the mosquitoes. And it may not be god-like extravagance but it's a step up from the first cabin I was considering purchasing." Remembering that first cabin she couldn't help but cringe. They had wanted over two-hundred thousand for it and the living room shared square footage with the bathroom. It wasn't as if she needed the extra space, but after living in New York and becoming accustomed to a certain lifestyle, she had standards.

"Regardless, I didn't ask for your opinion."
Sticking her tongue out at Jude, she pushed off the counter and made her way past him, through the open glass door, and out onto the porch. The sounds of cicadas and frogs echoed on the still water which had become a murky brown thanks to the disruption Jude had caused the clay sediment. No, it wasn't perfect but it was exactly what she needed when she left New York. The question was, did she still belong here? After all, she had managed to connect back to her magical roots in a way that she never had before. She was stronger, more level-headed, and less tempted by the darker aspects of the craft--a personal journey she would have nightmares about for years to come.

Leaning against the railing she looked out into the dark thicket of the woods, extremely attuned to Jude's presence behind her. Instinctively, she wanted to turn and crawl into his lap, nestle her head in the crook of his neck and relish in the physical contact--but she couldn't tell if that was the mere loneliness or something greater. Though deep down she knew the truth. She had missed him, missed the hum and buzz of life, she missed living.

"If you want to call it a luxury, then by all means, I'm just saying- The mosquitoes , the chill, couldn't you have called me down to Venice perhaps? Santorini? You know I hear Greece is beautiful this time of year." He slid his hands in to his pockets and followed her out, keeping quiet. He listened to her tired breaths, the wind blow, the rustles of newly budding leaves and branches- rubbing together. Charlie barking. "What did you ask me here for then?"

That was the big question, wasn’t it? Why did she call him here? It had been so clear after her meditation and now the question hung in the air between them rotting with every passing second. “I need—...”

Turning quickly on her heels, Lucy pressed her face into his chest, arms lacing around him tightly as if to convince herself he was actually there. She could the feel a buildup of emotion as the corners of her eyes pricked and her vison blurred.

As if on cue, thunderous clouds rolled in—winds picked up—a storm brewed.

"Hey- Hey..." His tone was softer, gentle. It took a moment for him to realize what had actually happened, what she had done. This was the last thing he had expected her to do. "It's okay...It's going to be okay."

The gray clouds lingered but the threat of a devastating storm subsided. Lucy clung to him for a few beats, memorizing his scent--the way he felt in her arms. Pulling back, she looked up at him, eyes red and brows furrowed, "I thought I could do it. I thought i'd be able to separate myself from everyone, from everything, but I can't...." She hung her head, taking a step back to lean against the rickety wood railing.

"I'm losing my mind here and I don't think I can go back home. I don't know what to do...."

"First of all..." He started, brows pulled together in thought once she pulled away to look at him. "Why? Why would you be trying to isolate yourself like this? I mean I could see wanting to drop off on an island for a week or something but this might just be a little much. What were you looking to gain from this?"

Running a hand over her face, Lucy shook her head, "I thought....I thought'd it be easier. I was losing touch with my magic and my heart was broken. I needed to get out, to get away, to find out who I was without Tony, without my friends, without you."

"Did it work? Did this big mysterious light open from the sky and was everything just revealed to you like you had hoped-- Because I have to say, alienating your friends and family, that's a pretty big step."

She winced, finding a scolding hidden in his words she knew she deserved, yet she found herself growing defensive. "They alienated me." Her cheeks puffed out with frustration as she turned to look away from him, her eyes now scanning the lake for something , anything.

"They alienated you, huh?" He raised an eyebrow, crossing his arms. "Sure looks like it. Who forced you to come out here and take up in a little shack miles and miles away from home?"

"What do you want me to say Jude? That I was wrong? That I shouldn't have done this in the first place? What good will that do?" Quickly, she ported back into the house, then back to the deck--appearing now with a cup of spiked coffee nestled in her hands. Taking a seat on the steps, she continued to gaze out at the still water. "I fucked up."

"You know just as well as I do, Tony Stark LIVES for the 'I told you so' ." He explained, settling on the steps the moment she ported out. When she came back, he gently put his hand against her back. "We all fuck up sometimes. It's part of life."

"Tony doesn't care about me. Not really. Plus, i'm twenty-seven now, i'm most certainly not his problem at this point and I don't want to be." Lucy rolled her eyes, a twinge of guilt radiating through her. She brought the mug to her lips, blowing softly before taking a sip. Almost instantly she felt her body relax and the guilt dissipate. "Why'd you come? You could have ignored me, like all the other texts I've sent." With the flick of her wrist there came a commotion from the house as suitcases began to pack themselves.

"Tony doesn't care about you? Are we really doing this? Tony cares. He's a difficult man, I agree with you there, but he cares. I can't believe you would even let that come out of your mouth. You have someone there. Do you want my dad? And the fifty brothers and sisters that come with him?" He sighed, shrugging lightly, staring off in to the lake. "I was getting yelled at."

"I can't just walk back into Tony's life after all this time and honestly? I don't want to. That part of my life is over. But I do need to move on and get out of these woods...." She ran a hand through her hair and downed the rest of her coffee before standing and chucking the mug to the center of the lake. "You were getting yelled at?! Nice. Well, i'm okay now, you can leave." Turning on her heels, she stormed back into the house to continue packing, objects whizzing in the air around her as they bubble-wrapped themselves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back