Story The Misery Of Death

CouthyNacarat - The Misery Of Death (Original)

AssNr2

The Prologue: Death's Bloodmoon

The darkest hour, when the sun falls down from the sky, and the moon rises in the sky.
Moon is red, it means that the blood moon has risen. What is a blood moon you may ask,
a moon of death of course. That is why most creatures hides at night, from the deadly predators.
The predators born from Death itself, the most feared creatures to exist on this world. They only
rise at night, but it doesn't mean that they are gone at day. The predators is descriped as ugly, evil
and cruel. Their eyes are more black than black, they are emotionless and only kills, that's their
purpose. No creature has seen Death, only felt it's presence. Creatures that has died, has become
soulless, a dead corpse without a soul. The souls is stolen by Death, and it uses the souls to make
predators. Death is a mystery that no one can solve or reason with. It was told a tale, about a human
that calls himself Zan Van. This man was the one that ripped appart a predators head with his bare hands.
The tale says that Zan Van has escaped Death after he died, and that his soul is traveling. Zan Van's soul
is either trying to find a body, or create one. Unfortunatly it is just a tale, a tale that is only told, not proved.

Last edited:
Chapter 1: The Beginning of the Survivors

The boy jumped across a small gap, between two rocks. "Daddy, did you see what I did!?"
the boy shouted. The dad nods, "Yes, I did" he answered while smilling.
"But we need to get inside now, it is getting late" the dad said worrying. The boy and the
dad walked inside an small cabin, locking and barricade all doors and windows. The windows
is barricaded with planks and nails, while the door is barricaded with a cabinet. The dad
goes to the kitchen, where he finds under the carpet, a hatch. He opens it, using his two
hands, it is heavy. After opening the hatch, the dad reach his hand to the boy, leading
him to it. The boy climbs down first while the dad is encouring him. While the dad has
time, he can't wait to get down, down to safety. He looked around the room before he slowly
climbs down, pulling the hatch down along his way
. When they are down, the dad takes a match
and lights the candles that are around the basement. There are eight candles, and the basement is
quite big, for an small cabin. There are wine cabins and other rooms, most of them empty.
"I just wondering, why is it a basement under the cabin?" the boy asked. "Well, let me explain. Your
grandfather and his brother made this basement, when they was young, before the cabin
upstairs was made. They dug a hole, like an tunnel, so they could hide from the monsters that
are outside at night, the predators. Your grandfather and his brother had a family, our family,
that got killed at that time. But your grandfather and his brother survived that night, without
the tunnel, you and I wouldn't be alive today. I will tell more stories later, when you get older"
the dad told. "It's bedtime, time to go to sleep" the dad said. The dad lead the boy to bed,
"Goodnight, son" the dad told. "Goodnight dad, love you" the boy answered back. The dad goes
to a table, and sit on a chair. He guards under the hatch, making sure that no predators are coming inn.

The next day...

"Well Joseph, you must wake up now" the dad said. The boy scratch his eyes and yawns,
"Are it safe yet?" the boy asked nervously. "Yeah, don't worry, it is safe to go outside" the dad answered.
"But you need to wake up, so that we can have more time to hunt food and cut some trees" the dad said.
The boy nodded and got out of bed. Dad climbs up the ladder, opening the hatch, before he goes through.
The dad had taken his spear with him, searching around the cabin. "It is clear, you can climb up now son"
the dad said. The boy climbs up, and inn the kitchen he is. The dad takes his bow and arrows with him.
He push the cabinet away from the door, ready to go outside. When they are outside, there are woods around
the cabin, no clear path. "So what do you want to do first son, hunting or chopping the trees?" the dad asks.
"I want to hunt!" the boy answered. The dad and the boy walks through the forrest, hardly any animals to find.
Then suddenly, they see a rabbit, jumping some meters in front of them. The dad gives the boy the bow and an
arrow. "It is important that you follow my instructions, okay?" the dad told calmly. The boy nods. The dad helps
his son, moving his arms. "Move the bow higher" the dad said. The boy follows his dad's instructions, and when
everything are ready, the dad whispers "shoot". The boy shoots the arrow and hits the rabbit. "I did it, I actually did it"
the boy said suprised. A black figure jumps on the rabbit, swallowing it. "Give me the bow, now!" the dad said.
The dad takes a arrow and shoots, but misses. The black figure runs back in to the woods. The dad holds his son's arm,
"We need to get back to the cabin, it is not safe out here" the dad said. "Are we gonna die?" the boy ask fearful.
"No, you are not gonna die, you will always be safe when I am around" the dad said. The black figure jumps in front
of them, while the dad takes out his spear. The figure jumps against the dad, but he move the spear in front, that goes
through the figure. While the black figure are down, the dad constantly stabs the figure, until it stops moving.
"Dad, is it dead?" asks the boy. "I don't know, but let's not wait" the dad answered.

Last edited:
Chapter 2: A Path Between Two Survivors

"Get the book, and also the necklace" the dad shouts from upstairs. The boy takes the book
from the cabinet inside the basement, and finds the necklace hidden inside the drawer. An
inhuman scream coming from behind the front door. The dad takes his spear with his sweating
hands, his eyes on the door. The door is blocked by a cabinet, making harder for the predators
to get inside. "Stay in the basement!" the dad screams to the boy, hoping that he hears.
The dad tries to look behind the window, but hard to see with the planks in the way.
He sees shadows, three of them. It sounds like it is a horde of predators outside, he can't take all
of them. The dad has an idea, he walks inside the kitchen, down to the basement. The hatch locked,
and the dad leads his boy to a room. In the room, the dad takes a painting down, that gives access
to a hole. The boy looks confused, not knowing that the hole was behind the painting. "Get in the hole
and follow the tunnel, it will lead you outside to a stream" the dad said. "You are going to be behind
me, right dad?" the boy asked. "No son, I can't risk letting the predators track us. Just listen, when you
are outside, follow the stream. Don't stop and don't look back, just move forward. I will find you
afterwards, but just do this one thing, ok son?" the dad said calmly. The boy started to cry, afraid.
"You can do it son, I know you do. Just do what I say, and I will promise to find you" the dad said.
With no other choices, the boy moves forward, further down the tunnel. The tunnel is long and
has a lot of turns. It is only one path, that makes it easy for the boy to follow. It takes minutes
after minutes, feeling like an hour. A light that shines in front of the boy, blinding him. The boy
take a hand in front of his eyes, continuing forward.

When he gets outside, he sees a stream some meters in front of him. The boy stops, and looks behind.
He sees the tunnel that he got out off, afraid of knowing what his dad is dealing with right now. But he
can't stop, not now, it is not what his dad wanted. The boy looks to the stream again, and moves forward, to
the stream. The boy follows it, he doesn't know how long it will take or where it will end. After fifteen
minutes, he sees smoke coming from the forest. The boy goes to direction of the smoke, too curious to
ignore. Along the way, he hears a stick break from the distance. The boy hides as fast he can behind a tree,
then he sees a woman that runs through the forest with four predators following. She is in danger, but the
boy froze, afraid to move. He sees from the distance, a predator jumping from the tree, it lands on the woman.
The woman screams, it doesn't stop. The haunting sound of a woman's scream, defenseless and afraid.
The scream stops, it was the last sound the boy heard from the woman. He can't stay, knowing that the
monsters is still around this area. Even if the boy is curious about the smoke and where the woman came from,
he is too afraid to even know. The boy attempt to sneak back to the lake, but a sound of a growl comes from
behind. The boy starts to run, running as fast as he can. The boy take quick look from behind, still running,
seeing a black figure. The black figure is following him, running fast. The boy takes some quick turns, trying
to lose the beast. after some time of running, the sound from behind starts to fade. The boy still runs, but hides
behind a tree. The boy pick up a rock from the ground, and then wait. He waits in some minutes, then a loud
growling comes back. It is in a distance, sound like it comes from the trees. The boy looks up, sees nothing.
The black figure jumps down from the trees, moving fast. The boy takes his rock, and throws it as far as he can.
The beast runs to the rock, and the boy sneaks away. After getting away from the monster, he gets confused. The
boy looks around, not knowing which way to go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back