• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

The Killer Mimics - Arfy, Barfy, and Snarfy

Purr

Kaerri's Man. =)
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
The idea of having Mimics in the game is always a sneaky one, but how can one make them fun, too? Especially when they're not really your enemy? Well, folks get along best with what they can relate with. And "man's best friend" has been relating with our kind for quite a long time, so I gave each of them canine personalities. It worked wonderfully!

They first appeared in Chapter Three: Vardadraug and the Cosmic Ore when Luna and Wolf are searching around the as-yet unknown Grand Wagon (later re-named Adventurers' Wagon by ol' Wolf Rawrrr). When those three chests sprout teeth and start barking, it sure got their attention! Like many characters I create, the longer they were "onstage," the more vibrant their personalities became.

5th-edition-mimic.jpg
(Image credit: Bell of Lost Souls)

Affectionately known as Arfy, Barfy, and Snarfy, these three chests were pets of Bilal the Rich. They served him well. Now that Bilal is gone, they seem to think Stewart is in charge. And why not? He polishes them, after all! To them, that is like feeding them treats - they love it and will battle each other to see who gets polished first. =)

Normally, I would not include creatures like these in a gathering of NPCs, but I figure, hey, they're part of the incredible Adventurers' Wagon which now belongs to the wonderful Wanderers (something I had not imagined in the slightest when I first made it). So if they're part of the wagon, why not?

Maybe someone in the Wanderers will take them outside for a game of fetch or something someday... =) There is also a very funny scene when the three of them think up a way to fool the Wanderers. =)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back