• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Lucky Ones

Energie

The crackling sound of sizzling food and the clank of dishes filled the air of the Blue Plate -- the home away from home for the Borlands. The place had been around since the Stone Age and it's walls were filled with all the memories from just about that far back -- pictures, newspaper headlines, and framed Vinyl records lined nearly every inch of free space on the walls.

Tory Borland rarely ever had a free hand from the second she stepped foot in her diner at the moment walking purposefully with her hands filled with three plates. Her apron was tied snug around her waist and her hair naturally framed fell around the contours of her face. She rarely wore a smile, instead maintaining a look of earnest that was just as authentic to the Blue Plate experience as the country fried steak.

"Lovely of you to finally join us, Roman." Tory stated, her voice dry and crisp as she approached the counter where a group of misfits had assembled every morning for as long as she could remember. The Borlands didn't have many traditions, but Tory would be cold in the casket before they missed a morning gathering at the diner for breakfast.

She slid the last three plates she had in her hand down the counter until they all came to a stop just before the person that were intended to fed. "Hope. Kian. Ole Sal can cover the rest of those tickets; hell, I'm paying him for something. Ya'll come eat." Tory called them from the kitchen, as she ran the roster of children through her head making sure that everyone was there.

She poured herself a mug of coffee, as she waited for the last of 'em to find their seat at the counter, before pressing her hand to her hip and muttered, "Well, the food ain't going to eat itself. Dig in."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Marcello sat at the head of the lengthy dining room table with a newspaper in hand and a warm mug of coffee within reach. It was a rare occasion when the family's dining table even saw use, but Marc figured there'd been a long enough break between uses and had organized a family brunch to cover some things with his children and spouse.

The kitchen was filled with the smells of food -- Belgian waffles, Roasted Tomato and Feta Souffle, Peppered Applewood Smoked Bacon. The Zocchis had high standards in everything they did and their taste in food was no exception. Their personal chef had been on-call since 6am that morning getting everything together.

This campaign season had been a turbulent one, his competitors for the seat of United States Senator proving more qualified adversaries than any other politic position he'd run for. The media had an ever-increasing radar on the Zocchi family with Marc's long-time reputation as a family man and Marc wanted to be sure that his family never did anything to shatter their image that they'd work several decades to construct -- successful, talented, and the epitome of the American Dream as nothing was out of reach for a Zocchi once they put their mind to it.

"Lucia, be a dear and make sure that everyone is up and getting ready." Marc stated to the maid without ever looking away from his newspaper. As she walked off to complete her task, Marc's eyes slid to his watch. Little meant more to the man than his time and he'd planned to make this brunch curt and purposeful.

Last edited by a moderator:
Talia had ignored the effectively supposedly compulsary breakfast at the diner. She'd only arrrived yesterday afternoon and didn't really feel like playing happy families or being around any of them. After unpacking she'd bolted out the door to look around the dump she was now stuck in and when she'd been made to some back she'd stayed in her room, deciding to skip dinner in favour of sleeping so she could get up and run this morning.

And run she had, it felt better. Atalia preferred to run and feel free than stay inside cooped up, it just felt wrong to do that. Now technically she was at the diner like she was supposed to be but then technically she wasn't, she was on it. Using the fire escape she'd gotten up onto the roof after her run and watched the sun rise, she just hadn't moved since leaving her headphones plugged in and her music blasting, something she just couldn't live without. Screw family.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Walking out of the bathroom, Jane padded softly back to her room and donned her clothes for the day. Just a simple white summer dress with a lace covering that floated gently around her form. She brushed her hair out and let it hang loosely over her shoulders and down her back, her movements delicate as always.

Finishing and with one final check in the mirror, she headed out and towards the stairs. As Jane passed Lucia she gave her a small nod of acknowledgement in return to the smile she was given in greeting, the lady was quite nice. After descending the stairs she headed into the dining room for brunch as was expected of her.

Upon entering she paused, "Morning Sir" Jane greeted Mr Zocchi as she tried to work out where she was supposed to sit having only used this table once... maybe twice?

Benjamin yawned as he approached the door to the diner, he shouldered his gym bag and grasped the door handle and opened it. The doorbell went off and echoed throughout the quiet diner, apparently the morning crowd hadn't gotten up yet.

"Hey, mom. I'm sorry for being a little late, I didn't get finished until a few minutes ago." Ben said.

He walked up the the counter and dropped his bag next to the stool, and sat down. The smell of pancakes, toast, eggs, and coffee was strong in the diner and Ben took a deep breath, he'd always enjoyed eating here, even though he'd done it for 5 years in a row.

Stef sits at the other end of the long table and fixes the dress she's wearing. 'As soon as this, whatever it is, is over I'm going to get a drink. Well.... More than one drink...' She silently thinks to herself. She looks up at Jane and rolls her eyes. 'I swear... These children don't know anything....' She thinks, bitterly. "Sit towards the middle, dear...." She says sternly. Stef reaches towards her coffee mug and takes a long sip. "So, Marc, what are we doing down here exactly? You didn't really keep me informed..." She states, glaring at him.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sam lets out a long sigh as she looks at herself in the mirror. She was wearing a crop top and some jean short shorts that had holes in them. The only reason she was wearing this was to make her parents mad. She chuckles silently to herself and throws her hair up into a messy bun and starts to head downstairs. When she gets down stairs she takes a seat near her father and smirks at her mothers reaction. "Something wrong mother?" She asks, feigning innocence.

Toni was currently fast asleep on his bed. He didn't care for the silk pajamas he had received for his birthday, so he usually wore a Panic! At The Disco t-shirt and just his boxers. He snorted, finally waking up. The boy groaned, obviously not wanting to get up. "Great, a family breakfast. This never happens, there must be something going one," He groaned, rubbing his face. The one thing he hated was talking to his parents. They didn't really speak in the first place, and being forced to speak is bad. Toni would have laid there, ignoring breakfast, but Lucia rapped her knuckles against his door.

"Toni, dear, your father wants you present at the breakfast table," with that, Lucia left.

"D%^*, I was so close to missing out....." He mumbled, getting up to get dressed. Forget wearing formal stuff, he was going to wear a t-shirt and jeans if he wanted to. Toni got up and grabbed a pair of worn out jeans. He pulled them on and trudged out the door. He needed to brush his teeth. Bad breath is not acceptable, not even to himself. Toni knocked on the door, hoping Leroy wasn't using it. Nope, nobody in there. He opened the door and grabbed his toothbrush, brushed his teeth, and then washed his face. The daily routine.

"Breakfast time," he said with a dreadful tone. This might've seem dramatic, but living in this family really pulled Toni down. He slid down the railing of the stairs, stairs were so five minutes ago. He laughed to himself and proceeded to the dining room. "Good morning, Mama, Father," he said, nodding slightly. He noticed Jane and said, "Good morning, Jane. Sleep well?" With that, Toni sat down near his father.

Evie Olivia Day

Evie looked at herself in the vanity mirror inside of her bedroom and tears begin to form in her eyes. Where do I belong? she thought to herself, for the 45th time that morning. It had been at least a month since the Zoochi household became her foster family but what happened when the campaign was finished? Would they just throw her back into the world wind that is finding a new foster home? She knew how cruel Mrs. Zoochi could be.

Suddenly, she heard a soft knock at the door, startling her. "Yes?" she called out, wiping her tears away. "Mr. Zoochi would like for all of the children to meet down for brunch," she heard the maid, Lucia, say. "I'll be down in a second," she told her then straightened herself up and brushing her hair into a high ponytail. She knew that if she was going to go downstairs and face Mr. and Mrs. Zoochi, she would have to be strong.

After about 3 minutes, she opened her bedroom door, closing it behind her and proceeded down the steps. She slightly smiled at Antonio and Samantha before taking a seat, close to Samantha. "Good morning," she greeted them all. She looked over at Mrs. Zoochi who looked as if she woke up on the wrong side of the bed and then at Mr. Zoochi who was indulged in his newspaper.
So much for a family brunch, she thought to herself, not saying another word.

~

Scarlett Penelope Mathers

"LEIGHTON! ADRIAN! AKIHIKO! RYAN!" Scarlett yelled out, as she walked down the hall way of her children's rooms and banged on each one of their doors. This was a daily routine for the Mathers household. Every day, Scarlett would wake the children up and they would come down to eat breakfast before going off to school. She walked downstairs and smiled at the buffet she had laid out on the table for all of them. She prided herself in how she cooked every day even with her busy schedule of being a principal at a high school. The high school her children goes to.

Unlike her brother, Marcello, Scarlett didn't want to be in the eye of the public. She preferred her family to be as normal as possible although sometimes, that was impossible. There were still times where the tabloids will come after her family, in search of a story, but it was very few times and Scarlett liked it that way. She went back into her bedroom that she shared with her husband, Nathaniel, and kissed him on the lips softly. "Breakfast is ready, dear," she whispered to him.

Anais had walked into the diner before Tory had finished making breakfast. She hoped she had enough time before opening up shop for the day. It was her turn and the manager obviously trusted her. That wasn't for another hour or so, though. She walked towards the counter and sat down on the stool she usually sat on. Anais yawned, it was morning so why not? She stretched, loosening her still-asleep muscles. She then adjusted her outfit. Geez, Tory was cooking up a storm. It smelled nice. "Sheesh, I'm hungrier than I thought," she obviously was very hungry.

While waiting Anais, admired the pictures and such that littered the walls. Most were very old and looked priceless. By priceless, she meant that they better never leave their places. It were these things spread around the diner that added to its charm. Her foster mom stepped out from the kitchen, holding three plates and wore an apron that suited her. "Morning," she said, smiling.

Anais watched as Tory began conversing to the other foster kids. She wasn't really paying attention, so she started holding her silverware. "Well, the food ain't going to eat itself. Dig in," Tory said, sipping coffee from a mug. Anais was a little startled, but obeyed. Besides, she was starving and the food smelled so great. She nodded and started eating the eggs, bacon, and hash before her. She sighed in contentment, clearly enjoying her food.

*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*

Aki was currently in the nude, wearing nothing but his boxers. It was far to early in his book to wake up. It was fricken summer. The Japanese didn't wake up until ten or twelve. Suddenly, a harsh banging and yelling of his name startled him. He fell out of the bed with thump and a groan. "Mooooooooooom!" He yelled, rubbing his now-sore back. Aki was clearly unhappy being woken up. He sat up, and rolled towards his drawer. Rolling was easy, so why the hell not? He got up and pulled out this outfit. He was a guy, sure, but he could be fashionable right? "Yep, looks right," he said to himself, pulling it on. He continued out the door, towards the bathroom.

He went in, not knocking. They were family so why the hell would you knock? "I'm coming in, whether you're decent or not," he said and didn't even close his eyes. He got his toothbrush and brushed his teeth. Nothing like a healthy, white smile to attract that special somebody, right? He spit the toothpaste out and rinsed. After, he started fixing his hair. He needed to. In the morning, it looked like something had babies in that thing he called his hair. Aki styled it like he always did. He walked right back out after.

To breakfast, was the only thing on his mind. He was starving. Aki hadn't eaten since last night, or was it early this morning. He had a weird tendency to ask himself these questions although he clearly hadn't eaten since dinner. He shrugged thumping down the stairs, it sounded like a couple elephants though. Aki was not quiet. "Mom! Do I just eat or should I wait for the other slowpokes to wake up?" He yelled, wanting to know. He could wait if she wanted to, or not. Aki was a confusing example of the human race.

*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*

Toni looked up as Evie entered the dining room. "Good morning," she greeted as she sat down near Sam.

"Ah, morning Evie. Did you sleep well?" He returned in response. Evie didn't look all that sure of herself, so he shot her a smile and winked. His family was tough, and he knew that the fosters would feel it too. After all, this was what he felt a lot. Then, Toni noticed her face. She looked normal, but Toni could spot the differences. Her eyes looked a little red. He frowned, thinking about this. He could perhaps just borrow her for a second. "Evie, can I talk to you real quick? In private?" He asked, ignoring his parents and sister. Toni jumped from his seat and was ready to grab Evie, and pulling her towards the family room.

She nodded once and barely noticably before making her way to a seat in the middle but slightly closer to Toni that Mrs Zocchi, she was not a woman to annoy and Jane feared that she did just that. Sitting down she answered Toni quietly, turning to face him slightly as she did so. "I slept well thank you" Jane was lying through her teeth but he didn't need to know that. None of them did because they didn't need to know her past. As everyone else filed in, she stayed quiet, waiting and wondering what this was all about.

Ryan's eyes shot open once he heard his name. The world seemed sideways to him at the moment probably because his head had been on his desk since the previous night. He allowed his eyes to scan around the room as he lifted his head slowly to look at the computer screen in front of him. The computer screen was black and showed the reflection of Adrian sleeping behind him on his bed. Ryan moved the mouse and the screen lit up. He had been researching colleges to attend. Aki's voice could be heard through the door as he declared his entrance into the bathroom. Ryan stood up and turned the computer off. While he waited for Aki to finish up, Ryan took out a red t shirt and black basketball shorts, and placed them over his left shoulder. He walked outside the room to see Aki exit the bathroom in deep thought. Ryan made his way to the bathroom in his gray pj pants and quickly did his usual morning routine. Leaving the bathroom, he walked down the stairs and moved one of his hands through his hair, "Good morning awesome people".

Aki eyes followed behind him. Ryan had woken up, Aki had completely missed him. Welp, he was so deep in that ridiculous thought. He laughed at himself, but shook it off when Ryan decided to talk. "Good morning awesome people," he greeted as he walked downstairs. Aki smiled and stretched a little.

"What up? Morning, Ryan!" He said, smiling like a goof. He was always like this every morning. You would have to be stuck with him, for the rest of your family life living here. "So, I'm hungry. I'm going to start eating without everyone, my stomach demands it. Come with me if you want," he said, walking to the table. Food sounded great at the moment. Food sounded spectacular actually. He slipped into his normal seat towards the middle and started picking at the food. "Let's see we have the usual. Eggs, bacon, hash, biscuits, and Imma take some Nutella just because it's Nutella," he said to no one in particular.

Ryan took a plate then placed some eggs and a biscuit on it, "So what's the plan today Aki? Going anywhere?" He just placed the food items on his plate to be ready for the moment the last person makes his or her way down the stairs. An apple caught the corner of his eye and he swiped it up while turning on the sink to rinse the fruit a bit. He turned the sink off and made a hand motion that allowed the remaining water drops on the apple to splash onto the sink. He sat down as he waited for the others to come downstairs before he ate.

Aki looked up from stuffing his mouth with eggs to see Ryan gathering some food. "So what's the plan today Aki? Going anywhere?" Ryan asked suddenly. Aki shrugged and then swallowed.

"I dunno, hang out with my friends, make a vine, take a selfie? I have no idea. Maybe visit our cousins? Do you have anything to do?" He asked, eating more. Aki was one of those guys who also asked a lot of questions or spout random thoughts of his. He didn't really think before talking. He stuffed his mouth with the Nutella covered biscuit. He gave a closed-mouth smile at Ryan. Chew and swallow was one of the number one things to live by in life. That was a weird thought, but Aki couldn't help himself.

Ryan responded, "Well I was planning to play some basketball, run some errands...that don't really need to be completed today, and just do whatever our parents have planned today for us to tag along with". He paused and thought for a moment, "Visiting our cousins sounds like a good idea though I'm not sure if we're allowed to". His gaze shifted to his own clothes. Ryan would have to change into something more "nice" if he was going to visit their cousins. Basketball shorts and a t shirt would not make him comfortable around his uncle's presence.

"Well I was planning to play some basketball, run some errands...that don't really need to be completed today, and just do whatever our parents have planned today for us," Ryan said in response. Aki nodded and ate more of his breakfast.

"Cool, cool," he responded after swallowing. Basketball sounded fun, but Aki was on the shorter side and was not very good a sports. Track maybe, he was good at running. That was something he didn't like to admit. Aki shook himself from his thoughts when Ryan added onto his statement.

"Visiting our cousins sounds like a good idea though I'm not sure if we're allowed to," Ryan said, and the. Looked down at his clothes. Aki knew exactly was he was thinking. Uncle Marc was a formal man. He wore mostly formal things. Suits and stuff.

"Ryan, don't worry about Uncle Marc. Let's just visit out cousins, heck who can care less what he thinks. As long as your comfortable, man. Besides, I went over to his house in a pair of sweatpants and a tank before. He doesn't really care," Aki reassured him, smiling goofily.

"Eh I'm still going to wear the nice stuff I guess. It's been a while since I've been there anyways...we can just ask mom and dad if we can go" Ryan said as he looked at the stairs. He was "patient-ish", but it felt as if the rest of the family had been taking too long to get downstairs. "So..." the apple shifted on his plate as he moved it to the left, "What is there to even do at their place again? Last time I went we just sat down and talked a bit with Marc the Great".

"Eh I'm still going to wear the nice stuff I guess. It's been a while since I've been there anyways...we can just ask mom and dad if we can go," Ryan responded. Aki shrugged and shook his head.

"Well, suit yourself. I'm going in what I'm wearing and only what I'm wearing. I do not care if Uncle Marc has a problem with it. Aki here doesn't care," he said smiling. Aki truly didn't care for others opinions, but something's go to to far. Meh, enough of this negative stuff. On an entirely different note, Aki wondered what had happened to everyone else. Sleeping still? He was surprised, he was usually the last person awake.

"So..." Ryan started as he moved his apple over, "What is there to even do at their place? Last time I went, we just sat down and talked a bit with Marc the Great."

Aki nearly spit up his food. He swallowed and laughed. "Hah, Uncle Marc always the modest one. Anyways, we can listen to Toni play music or talk with Sam and stuff. They're fun, plus their house is ginormous," Aki replied, smiling again.

Sam watches Toni lead Evie out of the room and shrugs her shoulders. She runs her fingers through her hair and sighs softly. "So, uhm, dad. What'd you wanna get us all together for?" She asks. "Because, I wanna go for a run, and I can't do that if I'm here..." She adds and rolls her eyes. Sam crosses her legs and reaches across th table, grabbing a piece of Peppered Applewood Smoked Bacon. She takes a bite, and moans in happiness. "So good..." She says simply and looks over at her dad, expecting an answer.

Leighton Garrison-Mathers

Leighton had already been up since three. She was sketching out a new idea. It was something along the lines of a car, yet somehow it looked like a bar of soap. "Fuck." she huffed under her breath as she crunched up the sketch and threw it in the tin trash can by her desk. In frustration, Leighton placed her head in her hands and just sat there for a moment. For the first time in forever, Leighton didn't have a clue on what to make. Finally, she gave in and spun her chair around to leave. She trudged over to her closet while rubbing her forehead a bit in confusion. Was she sick? Did she hit her head or something? She gave a deep breath before picking out something to wear.

It was just in time, too. Her mother was already yelling at the top of her lungs to make sure the kids knew the day was getting started. Granted, she loved Mrs. Mathers dearly, but this isn't boot camp, so the yelling seemed a bit overrated. Straightening her
outfit, Leighton stepped out with a tool belt slung around her shoulder. By 9:00 PM, Leighton would have to be at Ms. Borland's household in order to fix a leak in her car. It was typical. Most of the families didn't feel like spending money on a repairman and normally asked Leighton to do it. Well, all except Mr. Zocchi.

She made her way towards the table on which breakfast was laid into place. Leighton gave a soft smile and sat down at the end of the table. Setting the tool belt in an empty spot on the table, she waved at both Aki and Ryan in order to give a quick morning hello. She would have said something, but she was a bit groggy from her early start. Her brothers were discussing something about the Zocchi household. It seemed like the family was on everyone's tongues, either for publicity reasons or otherwise. Leighton gave a slight role of her eyes and started to pick at the hash browns that were flopped on her plate. First it was the sketch, and now it was her food. She wasn't hungry. It all seemed to add up to one solution, Leighton was beat. For the past two weeks she was working on a project that consisted of a molecular equivalent and something about pi. It was quite the blast for Leighton, but it was giving her god-awful side affects. Reluctantly, Leighton pulled out her laptop and started working on a new powerpoint that she was pulling together. If she wouldn't eat and couldn't sketch, than what better way to pass time than work.

Roman Dilans

Roman was intending to skip the family breakfast, bur considering he was dragged there by Tory, there was no way he could back out. He scoffed when he heard Tory's greeting that was intended towards him. "As if I had a goddamn choice." he said as he sat by the counter. If only he could get away. For the longest time he was staring out of the window until the rest of the group walked in. They all didn't seem bothered about coming to the crap diner. If he was going to have to do this more often, he would have to scream. There was a pretty friggin' obvious reason why Roman never attended these idiotic family breakfasts. This wasn't his family, or at least not yet, and he didn't have any desire to sit there and cooperate like one either.

"Well, thanks for the dog food, but I'll pass." Roman finally stated with a grimace as he hopped out of his seat and away from the counter. Tory wasn't his mother, not on his standards, and he wasn't about to go soft and be a well mannered douche. While he was on his way out, he ran into Benjamin who was just entering the diner for the family breakfast. Roman just simply shook his head and continued out the door. The farther away from the diner, the better.

He turned the corner into an alley. It was his usual place to hide out when he didn't feel like doing something, which in all honesty seemed to be 24/7. He was the stereotypical delinquent, and Roman was proud of it. If anything, he would rather be ignored than solely focused on. Being the center of attention wasn't his cup of tea. He was the type of guy who watched the drama happen on the sidelines with a coke and popcorn. It all was a game to Roman, and in his personal opinion, he was winning.

Roman foraged through his jacket pockets and found the plastic bag. It was his stash that he was sent from his groupies in Ireland. You know, you would think after getting caught he would know better, but honestly he considered it as a flesh wound as to what
could have happened. After opening the bag he pulled out the joint and lit it with the matches that were kept in his back pocket. Roman was addicted. He went through a rough patch after leaving Ireland and the rest of the gang. It was like taking away a baby's pacifier, sooner or later the baby would have to get it back, and that's exactly what Roman did. He got ahold of his buddies back home and asked them a huge favor. Each month Roman would get a package at the bar filled with a week's supply of, you know. Though it was only a matter of time until he got caught by the one and only, Tory Borland.

Nathan slowly opens his eyes and lets out a yawn. "Okay, honey." He states and sits up, smiling. "Give me a few minutes to at least look presentable." He gives a small chuckle and runs his fingers through his hair. Nathan ad worked late at the hospital. He got called in at midnight because some interns messed something up. When he got home it was 4 o'clock and he was almost dead on his feet. He stands up, kissing his wife one last time before walking over to a drawer and grabbing a t-shirt and jeans, knowing he didn't have to go in to work today. "He walks into the bathroom and brushes his teeth before changing into the clothes he picked out.

Benjamin ignored Roman and had sat down at the diner's counter. He'd never liked that kid, even since day 1. He always acted like he was tough stuff, and would treat Ms. Borland like garbage. He'd even been put in Ben's room, one he'd had the great fortune to have alone since all his adopted mom had were girls. The latter always made Ben more angrier, but he remembered he'd given Tory a run for her money too. He stared at his plate of breakfast and reached for the syrup to out onto his pancakes, thinking about Roman. He knew the kid smoked weed and he also knew where he hid it. Ben shook his head and thought about how Ms. Borland would react when she found out, which she would eventually. She would wonder where he went when he left the diner and catch him smoking or preparing to light up. Benjamin pushed the thought out of his head and began to chow down on the delicious food.

"Hm okay" Ryan replied as he saw Leighton take a seat at the end of the table. "Hello Leighton" He took a bite out of the apple and watched her take her laptop out. Leighton seemed too busy to have a conversation with. At the moment a greeting seemed just fine. She was truly a unique person tool belt, ideas, and all. Ryan shifted his gaze back to Aki, "Your Junior year is coming up soon. You ready for it?"

Aki was choosing down the rest of his breakfast. There wasn't much left, considering he already ate most of it. Leighton has just came down and proceeded to the dining table. His sister waved, an equivalent to a good morning according to Aki's observation. "G'morning Leighton, sleep well?" Aki greeted and asked. Leighton clearly looked like she hadn't though. It was like this all week, she was probably working on a project. Being the little brother though, he tried to help her, but didn't. It was strange really, but moving on. Leighton got out her laptop and didn't seem to want to say anything more.

Aki's thoughts were interrupted when Ryan asked, "Your Junior year is coming up soon. You ready for it?" Aki finished off his plate before answering.

"Ah, yeah I guess. I should probably start thinking about college, right? I might just go to art school. I want a job as a an illustrator, artist, or animator," He stated, smiling sheepishly. Aki knew it was about time he grew up. Yet, he didn't really want to. He couldn't stay with his parents forever, though. It was important he succeeded to make his parents proud. "Anyways, Senior year is coming up for you right? You are bound to get a scholarship or get accepted by an Ivy League school or something when you graduate," Aki said, smiling.

Ryan finished his apple and started the biscuit and eggs, "Yeah..." He knew that he had not yet told Aki or any other person about his dream to follow his father's footsteps. The previous night Ryan was able to narrow the choices down to his top five colleges. The foster child blinked a couple of times then continued eating. Ryan attempted to think of something other than school, "Mom, Dad, and Adrian...kind of slow this morning". He drank some water and looked around.

Aki finished off his plate and burped a little. "Excuse me," he said. He watched his foster brother give a slow, almost reluctant answer. Was it something he said? "Crap, did I say something wrong? Glob, I didn't mean to..." He thought, having a small panic attack. Aki did not want to upset anyone. Nothing upset himself more than upsetting someone else. Aki grabbed a hash brown to cover this up though. He bit into it, watching Ryan. Ryan recovered though, changing the subject.

"Mom, Dad, and Adrian...kind of slow this morning," Ryan said. He drank so e of his water and peered around.

Aki shrugged and said, "I guess, that had a rough night at the hospital yesterday. Mom's probably trying to wake him up. Adrian, I have no idea." Aki finished off the hash brown and stood up. He started washing his own stuff, not wanting to bother his mother. I was this sort of instinct. Aki never met his parents, and he sometimes wondered where he got his personality and stuff. He sighed, trying to recall more events from that day. He wracked his brain for an answer, but was met with the same flash. A woman with dark, long hair and a face like his, feminine of course. His father, with the eyes filled with happiness like his, except filled with sadness. Why had they left him? Aki sighed through his nose, enough of the negative.

Michiko Suzuki, better known as "Lindy" by anyone who wasn't biologically related to her, was up early; but not too early. She didn't venture down to breakfast until she was thoroughly presentable, and was almost startled by the gentle knocking at the door. Their maid, whom Lindy almost pitied for such a miserable sounding job, plainly inquired there was a 'family meeting' of sorts downstairs. Lindy was new here, she didn't know how things were run so she played her cards carefully. Thanking the maid through the door, even though she was certain Lucia just walked to the next room with ease. Putting on a bra underneath her large shirt, she knew that even a little presentable was better than just rolling out of bed and going downstairs in the manner she was certain her brother would. Lindy took the care to brush through her long straight hair, the color an easy-to-manage dark brown for the new house. She'd gone through an array of colors in her hair, from black to ashy brown, it was something she changed as frequently as the changing seasons. This color, however, was something she could settle for. It was rich and textured, bringing out her large doe eyes more.

Lindy was surprised that she was able to creep to the bathroom without any interruptions, quickly washing her face and brushing her teeth. On her way out, she saw her brother inching his way cautiously out of his bedroom. From what she figured, he didn't have to room with anyone. It wasn't that she minded rooming with people, but she couldn't help but feel concern for her sibling. Even by the way he warily eyed the hallways, she knew he was anxious and probably hadn't been taking his medicine again. She hated how, even though he was older than her by nearly two years, he didn't take care of himself. Ever since mom, he'd been a different person, and ever since dad? He'd been a walking grenade ready to burst and destroy everything in his wake. Clearing her throat, she approached him and spoke softly in Japanese. "Migurushikunai yō ni shite mite kudasai." (Translation: Please try to be presentable.)

He didn't respond to her directly, but instead nodded to her and walked into the bathroom set aside for male members of the household to brush his own teeth and comb through his elaborate bedhead. His efforts were all for naught, for his hair rebelled and stuck out obnoxiously as it had every morning. He fought the urge to get frustrated, and gave up; washing his face quickly and haphazardly before going downstairs. Kohaku, or better known by his English name his parents gave him (Leroy), walked downstairs behind his younger sister. While she was in a humorous, yet cute, oversized tye-dye shirt, he wore a baggy white t-shirt and plaid green night-pants. He hadn't seen anyone getting ready for the day come breakfast-time just yet, but wouldn't take a chance wearing pajamas for the entire day. He never did anyways, and recently he had been refraining from falling into old habits he'd picked up as coping mechanisms. Of these were pacing, lip biting, and isolating himself. Needless to say, while his sister could put on a guise and keep up with everything in the Zocchi family; he was too uncoordinated in social tactics and kindness to properly execute the manipulation she was using. Now, it wasn't even that he wasn't "good" enough for this family.

His talents were far and few, but he held a natural upkeep due to his disciplined childhood. His grades were never below 90s, his physical form was always conditioned (nothing could be said for his deteriorating mental state, though), and if he put his mind to something he could excel in it with enough trial and error runs. The difference between he and his sister is that taking orders and learning came easily to his sister, while he struggled with this constant inner-voice that could get in the way of just doing what path was set out for him. They came downstairs to see their new foster-parents, and while Lindy gave a curt "Goodmorning!", Lee just meekly raised a hand in 'hello' and gave the most pitiful attempt at a smile. As if things couldn't get any worse, when Lindy sat where she figured was acceptable, Lee went into the kitchen on his own and made himself a cup of Jasmine tea. In the brief two-weeks he'd been there, he kept up with his frequent cups of tea throughout the day; not minding that most of the kids didn't cook for themselves or go out of what was 'normal'. Bringing the steaming cup with him, Leroy settled beside his sister; avoiding the gaze of his foster parents. At least, he hadn't been disruptive in his habits like some foster children.

Lindy cleared her throat quietly, giving Lee that knowing expression that prompted him to sneak his medication. It was primarily an anti-anxiety medication prescribed by his therapists and doctors, which doubled as an anti-depressant. It was a rather high dosage, but its effect on him was remarkable. Sometimes he feared it was making him dependent, or that it was "weak" to take it. But with it, he was generally docile and easy to be around; even if it didn't ease his social awkward personality, it did make it easier for him to deal with life's everyday challenges. He was sure the Zocchis were aware of it, as it was in his adoption file. He didn't want to be exploited for any of his problems or past for public sympathy. Already he could imagine everyone falling to Marcello's feet, chattering how brave he was to take on a troubled teenager; or how special he was for keeping any number of "poor homeless kids" under his roof, even if he didn't care the least for him away from the public eye. He'd never admit it, but it was easier for the Zocchi family to not care about him; he didn't feel any attachment and he didn't have to face his attention difficulties. As much as he'd like to be praised for his accomplishments, he wouldn't know how to react since he never received much reassurance to begin with. Sipping at his tea, he faintly eyed the couple.

((Sorry, I didn't really know what to do since everyone already started))

Users who are viewing this thread

Back