• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Lost Book Lore Pages

Desert Rose

Adored Muse
This is a progression style roleplay. It will have chapters and specific moving points throughout the play. I will update notes as needed for all players so that you know where to go with your character for a chapter end as well as a chapter beginning.

All races may be allowed into this play but they must hold some type of magic. (More will be explained in the tabs below).

All characters will start with finding an antique book (how you find it is up to you). As your character examines it and begins to read they will be sucked inside the book itself bringing them into the kingdom of Ariael. (where you end up in the kingdom is entirely up to you). Your character will no nothing about this strange land they find themselves in. (More will be explained in the tabs below).

The Lost Book Spell: How this spell works- The book will inherently seek out its victims (mwahahahaha) Seek out all spellcasters. It was only suppose to go throughout the universe that Ariael is currently however due to unknown flaws it was sent through different dimensions. Only magic users can open the book. Although there isn't a physical lock on the book those who cannot wield magic will be unable to open the book. Your character will be able to open it no problem and read. Once the letters are read you will be sucked into the book and into Ariael's dimension.

You will then have a page of the book upon your person automatically whether you choose to make mention of it is up to you. However, you can do what you want with the page. Whether you choose to keep it or not is entirely up to your character.

• Ariael is just one of many dimensions the rules of magic are simple. All magic users can only perform magic with the use of a personal object of some sort. As a newcomer from another dimension you will be adhered to the same rules and must have an object on you or find one in this realm.

Ariael magic users do not have the power over the elements in both spell and natural elemental ability. If you create any Ariael npcs please keep this in mind. If you are using an element power the people would either hold you in high regard or fear you. I'll leave it in the writer's hand but if you are around the people it will be noticed and needs to be written as such. If you do not wish to write in npcs let me know and I will gladly do so.

You are coming from a completely different universe if you are an elementalist you will need to find an object to which you may draw your source from.

Last edited:
DISCLAIMER​

To assist Desert Rose Desert Rose I will be writing supplementary lore as the need arises to fill in information gaps and to expand on the overall story of The Lost Book. Any and all works that I add in will be reviewed by Desert Rose Desert Rose and will be canonized only upon her approval. Any works lacking her seal of approval will be considered conjecture and not found to be factual. I will add this information only with her express permission gained in person, verbally, and or through text on RpNation if needed by the moderation staff of RpN, should the need arise.

Also, Any lore that is submitted by a member of the play or another outside source will be credited in a credit section. If you notice anything missing, Please feel free to contact myself or Desert Rose Desert Rose at any time for further help.

END DISCLAIMER​

Factions

Calcifer
The former royal advisor to the king, and primary court wizard. Calcifer is a power hungry sadist with a great deal of misconceptions about magic and the power he has unleashed upon his world

The Royals
One of the oldest families in Ariael, The Mage-King Alfubrus Trindlehaven was the 19th monarch of the Trindlehaven line. Despite his grand linage, Alfubrus was far weaker than his predecessors, and as a result, lacked the power to resist Calcifer when he began his attack against the royal family. He fell rapidly and as a result, his family was enslaved, leaving the Royal family imprisoned.

The Peasantry
As is in any medieval settings, the Peasants are chatty, mostly poor, but good natured folks who are susceptible to outside influences but mostly suspicious of strangers and the unknown. They react poorly to mages as it brings the fear that Calcifers wrath will descend upon them.

The Barbarians and the Bandits
Random groups of bloodthirsty and greedy mercenaries who will take up the banner of anyone who steps up higher than their leaders. They tend to be violent, aggressive, and lacking real ambition, but are all battle hardened and wary of magic users, having fought them in the past under Calcifers command. The majority of the Barbarians and Bandits are mercenaries hired by Calcifer during his conquest against other magic users and were well versed in the arts of witch hunting. After his completion of his task, Calcifer threw the mercenaries out of his stolen kingdom and as a result, the mercenaries became groups of wandering bandits and barbarian tribes that now ravage the countryside without any real organization.

The Mages
All but abolished, the mages of Ariael were a grand force and one that was second to very few. Under Calcifers direction, the Magus Collective was dismantled systematically until it was too late for the remaining mages to resist and their powers were stripped from them and devoured by Calcifer and his lackeys.

The Elementals

All that is known of the Elementals, is that they have held the powers of their own elements ransom from mages for as long as magic has existed. Ariael is a world with magic yes, but it's elemental magic's are heavily controlled by The Elementals, a nearly unseen, almost entirely unknown species that is as of yet, a complete mystery to the very few that do know they exist.

The Gods
For the most part, the Gods of Ariael are almost entirely nonpresent. They rarely interfere with the lives of the beings beneath them.

Other Worlders
The cast of the play itself! Those summoned to Ariael by Calcifers Lost Book

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back