Journal The Long road ahead

The Mad Queen

Memento Mori. Unus Anus
After a few months of thinking about it I decided to go private for the parts of my transition I can afford, with the NHS there as a safety net. I'm going with hormonal treatments as well as bottom surgery, for those wondering.
I could either cough up few hundred pounds for sessions at a clinic in London, or wait for 3-4 years on an NHS waiting list where I stood a higher chance of being told "no" or being made to wait another year than private. But, with the clinic I've applied to I only have to pay the the assessments and maybe the first few months of HRT treatments, with the rest of it being done via my GP if they approve (and my GP is nice, so she will).

So I applied last week, and on Wednesday I heard back. The date for my first session (there's a few before they start HRT) is in March. Four months rather than four years. It's finally happening and by this time next year I should at least be a few months into my transition.
Not sure what to end this post with so...

Fitting enough.

Small update.
Due to an admin error I have to be re-refereed through the NHS, so that's six months of a waiting list down the toilet on a 3-4 year waiting list. All the more reason to go private for the bits I can afford.
A setback no doubt, but if anything it's reassured me I'm doing the right thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back