• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Long Night

Jagson

One Thousand Club
It was a cold night in the romanian village of Salaka. On the shoreline of the black sea. The people gypsies mostly were celebrating the first night of fall dancing near a bond fire.

Two cloaked figures walk into the viliage one was tall and lean while the other was short and muscled. The taller of the two watched the people as the other one drew on the ground. The taller one walkes slowly towards the people. One of the villagers a young boy saw the cloaked figured he smiled and lead him to the others. The others welcomed the stranger in giving him a mug of beer. He drank it slowly as they asked questions he had no intention on answering. Swiging his beer he looked at the villagers with malice in his eyes.

Once the shorter cloaked figure nodded the taller man walked towards the fire and took his cloak off. His silver hair flowed down to his shoulders. His eyes were a dark red almost like the color of blood. There was an aura around him that made people scared. "If I may have everyone's attention." He said quietly yet with complete command.

"I am the ruler of these lands. I ask that you join me." He said. The people looked at each and shook their head. "We have no king. " One of them said proudly. "This is a free...." His voice was cut off as the cloaked man disappeared and reappeared near the man his hand coated in blood. The viligar touched his throat as blood sprayed from an open wound. He dropped to the ground dead.

"As I was saying. Who wishes to join us. As you can see denying me has... consequences." He licked the man's blood from his hand. "So who would like to join." He said with a fake smile.

The people looked at the fallen man. "We serve no one." One of them said scared yet proud. The cloaked man looked around. "Does anyone disagree with that?" A few nodded and stepped away while the others stood their ground.

The tall cloak figure saw the boy that lead him to the others. He moved close to the boy grabbing him before anyone realized he moved. He took the boy away from the others putting him with the short cloaked figure. He reappeared in the same position he was in without anyone the wiser.

"You are one man. We can take you." The villager said. The cloaked man looked at the smaller cloaked man. He nodded. The boy gasped realizing he moved. As he tried to return to the others the small cloak grabbed him. "You don't want to go there boy." He said

The smaller cloaked man whispered as green fire surrounded the villagers forming a pentagram. They ran scared but weren't able to pass the fire. Undead corpes of a bygone Era arose from the ground. Completly dkeletal with worms dripping from their eye sockets arose from the ground and attacked the defiant ones. Their screams peirced the hevans. Until the land became silent. One of the corpses now looking like he did when he died with yellow like veins. Looking at the cloaked figure he kneeled. "How long has it been? My prince." He asked his voice raspy like he hasn't used it in a long time.

"Over a thousand years." King Valius of Draqul said gently touching the man's shoulder. "Valaria will rise again old friend." He looked at the cowards who wanted to be spared. He snaped his finger as werekin jumped them tearing the cowards apart. "Spare the children." He commanded . A creature like human with no ears and large teeth walked up to him. "Lady Arachni has stated that the blood mark has been carved up north." He said. A dark smile formed and Valius lips. "Good. Rally my
generals it's time for the sun to set."

Alexander Helingard leaned on the Tavern stool. "I tell ya that's worth five pints and a night stay." He said pointing to the good looking hammer. He spent four days crafting it for the tavern owner " Three pints and a night's stay." The manager said." Helingard shook his head as he handed it to owner. "Three pints." He agreed.

Taking one of the pints he headed to a secluded table. "I tell ya there be creatures. Whole villages have disappeared ." A drunk man said. "Treir went silent." The man said taking a swig of his beer. "Monsters don't exist." His drunk companion said laughing at the audserdity of it

Helingard heard it and was intrigued and worried Treir was only a days ride east of here.

Shaking his head he drank his beer and watched the people.

Sitting in the corner, a downtrodden man balls his hands under the table. Treir? They've taken it? That's not far from here. Are they coming after you? Maybe. Do you still have your blackjack? Yes. Can you even believe that man?
Of course you can.
Every seemingly false rumor told in a bar is true. That's how this goes.

Octavian tries to stop his constant thinking by reaching for the drink on his table, before realizing he downed it ten minutes ago. He stares at the mug for a moment before putting his elbows on the table and resting his chin on his hands. He lets out a sigh.

"Alléluia, alléluia - alléluia, alléluia! Alléluia alléluia, alléluia - Alléluia..."
The chorus gently rescinded with the trumpets and the Jester stirred themselves awake.
"La la la la le lo la la la la le lo - La la la lo la la la lo..."
A crashing of waves that seemed to stream alongside both their ears like a running river. And then there was no sound for a moment - only the sulky expanse of a pulsing nothingness - until the static disintegrated and everything hazily mounted into a thrummming crescendo. The stamping of hooves, howling of warriors, and the frenetic stammering of shocked townsfolk as they made an attempt to flee the commotion. The Jester would compose themselves before administering their own getaway.

Somewhat discombobulated and suffering from a splittling head sore, dazed and confused, the Jester eventually managed to venture into the tavern and attain some brief respite. They took a flagon of milk from the innkeeper's gnarled hand and retired within some nearby booth. The Jester sat there in quietude, lost in thought, and refused to drink while mulling over recent events.

Alexander looked dumbfounded at the jester that walked in. Shaking his head he went back to drinking and listening to the drunks.

On the outskirts of the villiage a man stood wearing a dragon like mask, he had armor covering his chest and legs leaving his eight pack abs and stomach unprotected.

He sacrificed his standing for his beliefs and lost his humanity for those he loved. Now here he stands one of Valius's Generals to wage war on those he once protected. Turning he looked at a winged beast "Lyxar take your gargoyles and strike." He commanded. "Force them inside their homes." He said. "Once the Order responds Barakar Your men will lead a frontal assult." He said "I'll bring the rest up from the rear. We box them in and give them an offer they can't refuse." He said before picking up a great axe with one hand

"My cousin says he saw them." The first drunk said. "Beasts in the form of man. He say they drink from people."

"Your cousin is as dumb as a bag of rocks." The second man said.

Octavian clears his throat leans over a little bit so the drunks can see him.
"I'd just like you to know that your cousin is right. Personal experience. Heheh."
He gives a crooked smirk.

“Well I’ll be…” The innkeeper muttered in astonishment, taking another deep swig of the sample in front of him. “Who’d’ve thought you wildlings would know a thing or two about tuica?”

Anika let out a breath that she didn’t realize she’d been holding. With no town money between them, Anika and her newfound traveling companion had to look for alternative means to obtain a decent place to stay. It was a bit of a long shot for Anika to propose some slight improvements to the local tavern’s drink menu, but the innkeeper was visibly pleased with the result, and didn’t seem to mind having a Druid fiddling about with his establishment’s liquors.

”Alright girl; you’ve got yourself a deal.” The innkeeper said. “One shift per night ought to cover the cost.”

Anika politely thanked the man and went straight to the Jester’s booth, while the innkeeper returned to his own business.

”It’s done.” Anika said, looking down at the milk. “You want anything added to that?”

Helingard nearly choked as he heard the not so drunken man speak. He walked near the drunkards and ordered his second drink. He looked at the new waitress. It seemed odd usually it was the man's family working. And that strange jester was there

The first drunk man puts his arm around Octavian. "Good man. Order my friend another drink." He said to drunk to put together exactly what Octavian said.

"Monsters ... Horse Manure a large Wolf is not a monster." He said ordering himself another

A loud screech could be heard in the distance getting Alexander and the drunks attention.

Octavian shifts somewhat uncomfortably after the man wraps himself around him, but then shifts his focus to the door.
"Well. That sounded like a monster, didn't it?"
He chuckles a little, as a way to hide the sound of his fidgeting hands under the table. He's trying his best to hide his growing panic.

”It’s done.” Anika said, looking down at the milk. “You want anything added to that?”
The Jester quickly perked up and invited Anika's presence with a welcome gesture. "Nay thanks," they replied. Words were absent with the Jester. Always silent and tucked out the way. Communication with them seems to always just... happen to become realized. You could feel their manners and expressions. "It's just for decoration, but yet still!" the Jester raised their stein and proclaimed "To the Jester and the Druid - in jolly cooperation!"

They relaxed into their seat with an elbow dressed in a fine sleeve of silk that was cushioned firm into a gloved palm supporting their chin with an opposing fist; their head lulled inquisitively at the Druid. The Jester's masque featured the iconic cap and bells, with two lappets and a single gold bell attached to each one, and a simple mask representing the muse of comedy.

"Shall we get acquainted with here, the patrons, then? Inspire some festivity, perhaps."

A sudden screech pierced the atmosphere.

There was silence.

"Well. That sounded like a monster, didn't it?" piped up one of the patrons, quelling some of the anxiety. We all began listening. The Jester sat staring at the entrance.

@: DawnsEarlyLight DawnsEarlyLight Jagson Jagson clankyshonk clankyshonk

The owner goes outside to check what was going on. He looked from one side of the town to the other nothing seemed out of the ordinary. As he turned to head in he disappears only leaving a shoe behind. The patrons could hear his screaming as it got quieter.

Alex curious walked outside to see what was happening his beer was right in his hand. He didn't see anything on the ground. He took a sip of his beer before looking up and seeing a gargoyle flying towards him. He quickly got in dropping the beer onto the dirt outside. He looked in horror as the liquid left it's mug."May the gods have mercy on that beast. For I won't won't." He said as he headed to the counter.

He poured himself another beer and looked at everyone as he downed half of it. "So there are some winged creatures outside." He said to the others. "I suggest you all stay here."

With the owner's scream, Octavian's mouth drops open in pure shock, but he closes it before anybody sees. He gives a shaky laugh at Alex's statement.
"Heuheh. Uhh. No complaints here, boss."
He is currently wringing his hands and darting his eyes around. It's taking a lot of willpower to not curl up under a table and hyperventilate.

The Jester stood up from their seat and began their waltz, with a modicum of flair, and approached the tavern's entrance. They stood near the door while fiddling with a concealed armament stashed within their garb. Their eyes were keen with intent yonder the masque - which had also, somehow, changed expression to one of austerity.

Captain Lorenzo kicked at the imprisoned Nor druids. "Listen here you monster lovers the next one of you to speak will not make it to Rome." He said. He hated these kind of traitors to their race. They were almost as bad as that damn idealist Gregory.

Two of his men walked towards him. They slammed their fist on their chest. "Captain there is no sign of the druid girl or that thing that helped her escape." They said. The captain was about to speak until he heard the screams of the villagers. Turning he saw one person being picked up off the ground. "Gargoyles get the cross bows ready." The men of the Order started to fire at the Gargoyles hitting some while others dogged.

"There’s too many we need..." one of his men said before going silent. Lorenzo turned to see a giant were lizard eating the man. "Beast." He said taking out his sword to do combat with the creature.

It sounded to Alexander like all hell was breaking loose outside. He walked back to the Tavern entrance and started to head outside. His workshop was a few blocks away if he could hurry he could get a weapon and help defend the city. He turned to look at the owners widow. "I expect a free beer after this." He said before opening the door and running towards his workshop.

"I expect a free beer after this."

The Jester could not, by any stretch of virture, apprehend their hilarity at this phrase - given the context of what had just occurred. Oh, how woefully tragic! Their masque was then displaying the muse of comedy. The Jester glanced over to Anika and beckoned her awareness with an, "No frown, no worries!" they skipped, "come, let us vacate this humble establishment."

Interactions; DawnsEarlyLight DawnsEarlyLight

Users who are viewing this thread

Back