• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Library Enactment

Joe awoke from the darkness, his vision blurred, him lying on the floor. He looked around, vaguely seeing several other characters. He didn't know who they were but they all looked odd. They were like small people. He frowned, he swore that that one looked familiar, the colours anyway. he tried to speak but he could't get a word out. Hi throat felt clogged like he was ill. he sneezed hard and moved to find the handkerchiefs in his pocket. It was then that he realised he wasn't wearing his usual clothes.

Hayley looked up at him and stared wide eyes. She scrunched up her nose and felt her ear twitch. 'This is going to be irritating' she thought to herself before letting out a sigh. "Bless you," she called up, hoping that in her dream she could talk. Because why not? "You wouldn't happen to know where I am would you?"

Rowan opened his eyes and clutched his head. He had fallen on his head and in turn now had a horrible headache.

As he looked around he saw green and brown everywhere, brightly lit by the setting sun. "Where am I?" he thought to himself, groaning as he stood up, stretching his stiff muscles.

When he looked down to see if what he was standing on really could be the library floor, he almost jumped back in alarm. He was clad in hunter's clothes, and wore thick boots. On the forest floor next to where he had been lying was a bow, matching the quiver of arrows of Rowan's back.

"What the heck is going on?"

Last edited by a moderator:
Zoey slowly open her eyes as she frowned. Her back was hurting really bad, her mood seems to be unusual. She look around, it was all bright and lively, but somehow she felt grumpy. She slowly stood up and noticed that she was closer to the floor than before.

"What is this place?!" She asked. It came out grumpier than she actually intended. What is wrong with me?! She thought to herself.

Jake awoke to a massive headache appearing to originate from all ends of his cranium. He sat up abruptly causing his silken sheets to fall down around his waste. The surroundings weren't familiar at all. In fact, everything was of much better quality then he was use to. The bed was smooth and plush cotton, and the slick sheets were softer then any material he had ever encountered. Concealing his naked body was a set of clothes that seemed to match perfectly. They were sleepwear definitely, this much he could tell, and they too were fine silk. The room itself smelled of fresh fruits and the smell of nature coming from outside. Light was peaking through the red curtains adjacent to the bed he lay in now. A few confusing moments later, a ginger, soft, and graceful voice began calling out to someone in the house.

"Eric?" The voice repeated several times. "Eric, come down, I have an Errand I need ran."

Jake couldn't wrap his head around what happened or what he was doing in this place. He slowly and hesitantly picked his body up out of the bed and walked over to where the light shone into the stone room. Placing both hands up to the curtains in an attempt to open them, Jake secretly hoped he would be home and that that voice was some strange relative that possibly forgot his name. But alas, this was furthest from the truth. Outside, there appeared to be a small village beneath them. Commoners dressed in poor clothing gallivanting through the streets, most on foot, yet some on horseback and mules. It was truly a sight. Each man, women, and child apparently oblivious to anything ranging out from themselves. There wasn't a single frown or angry look among the faces he saw.

"You...you can talk?" He looked at the rabbit, his eyes were wide from shock "it's like some sort....of....story" it had dawned on him where he remembered the other figures from. That book from the library. He looked down at himself. He was one of the dwarves. He picked the rabbit up cautiously "you're coming with me" he held it carefully in his arms and walked over to the others.

"Hey!" Hayley complained. "You could have asked first! Damn Dwarf, who are you supposed to be anyway! You can't just manhandle people!" Her voice was angry, as she wiggled in his grasp. "Put me down!"

Zoey then realized that she's also a dwarf. What?! I'm a dwarf?! You got to be kidding me! Now she was even more grumpy that she was a dwarf and she don't even know where she is.

She noticed another dwarf carrying a rabbit in his arms walked over. "What's this? A stupid rabbit?" She asked as she crossed her arms.

"Watch who you're calling stupid!" Hayley said angrily. "And I'm not a rabbit. Well I'm not supposed to be a rabbit. I'm a girl!" She scrunched up her nose and twitched her ears, still trying to figure out everything that she could do.

Rowan heard voices and turned toward them. His eyes were still just growing used to the light and he squinted. In the distance he could see two small figures, children most likely. One carried something moving in its arms.

"Hello!" he called. "Do you need any help!"

Since he had no where else to go, he decided to walk over to them. Perhaps they knew where he was and why he was wearing such odd clothing.

"T-the rabbit can talk?" Zoey mumbled. How on earth can it talk? She thought, wait it did say that she's a girl.

A tall guy walked up to them. Zoey looked up at him, "yes! I need help! I need you to get me out of here!" She have no idea where that just came from and how moody she'd become side she arrive at this place.

Joe thought for a second "I think I know what's happened" he sighed "we've each been transported into a book as a character from that book. He looked down at the rabbit "so you must be someone from the library. What's your name, little rabbit?"

Rowan frowned at the little figure. It was as small as a child yet it had a big nose and a beard. The odd thing was he spoke in a very grumpy tone. It dampened Rowan's mood a bit.

"Get you out of where?" he asked, looking around. "This forest?"

For a flash moment as Rowan looked around he felt like he knew these woods. He had the faintest memory of hunting here before, even though he had never killed a living thing in his life. He clutched his head and looked back at the little people. The one who hadn't spoken was carrying a white rabbit. It surprised Rowan that such a small man could hold on to such a wild animal.

"I'm sorry," he said apologetically. "I'm not sure exactly where I am, so I cannot 'get you out'."

"Y-" before she could say a word she stop herself. I better not say anything, or else it won't turn out good, she thought to herself and stood besides the dwarf that was carrying the rabbit and stay silent, but her face remain grumpy.

Arizona woke with a splitting headache and absolutely no recollection of where she was, nor how she had gotten there. That was the first sign that something was terribly, terribly wrong. The second sign was the sensation of the cold, naked floor beneath her, an expensive marble she was all too aware was found neither in her home, at the hospital, or in the library. The third was the pair of dark, bead-like eyes staring at her, when her own peeked open, a look of forced concern etched into the face of the man standing above her.

"Mistress!" The man hissed through yellow teeth, "Are you ill?"

Frowning, Ari sat up, her hand moving to her head with a soft groan. She felt heavier than usual and discovered she had been clad in a dress that looked like it was purchased from a very pricy Renaissance Fair.

"What... what's going on?" She asked, and her voice sounded so startlingly different in her ears she put her hands to her throat, "I...Where am I?"

"My Lady... You... Have you hit your head? You are in your chamber. You seem pale... Shall I prepare some spirits, perhaps? Or something... else?"

Shaking her head firmly, Ari tried to rise to her feet but stumbled back on the mass of skirts around her ankles. When the short man with the poor dental hygiene moved to help her up she pulled her arm away.

"I'm fine!" She yelped, and the man snapped his hands back against his sides.

"My mistake, Mistress... Truly, foolish of me. Shall I abase myself?"

"What? ...N..no, no! It's alright. I.... I'm sorry, it's just my head. I don't understand what's happening..." Taking her time, Ari managed to rise fully upright and as she looked around her she was dumbstruck by what she saw. The room was enormous, with a massive four-poster bed, swathed in luxurious fabric she was more than certain didn't come from Pier 1. To her left, a fireplace was kept, flames swelling high in the arched mouth, a thick iron cauldron perched before the hearth. A table and chairs, and what she could only assume was a wardrobe were to the right, as well as a deep, round claw foot tub. Huge arched windows were clothed in thick velvet drapes and through the cracks she could see light, pouring in. Lastly, between the windows, hung high on the wall was a long, wide mirror, ensconced in a golden frame, upon which were horrible images of gargoyle faces, gaped and toothless, but still so frightening.

"...Where am I..." She repeated, pinching the bridge of her nose.

"Does Her Majesty require anything else?" The little man asked, and Ari turned to face him, getting a good, full look at him. He was shorter than average and waif-like, with long, stringy dark hair and big, protruding eyes the color of coal. His hands were large, with long, pointed fingers, which came to an end with entirely too sharp, yellowed finger nails. She could only imagine what his feet might look like.

Shivering, only too anxious to be rid of him, she shook her head, "You may... Hang on..."

The man quirked and brow, "Mistress?"

"...Did... What did you call me, just now?"

"Mistress..."

"No... Before that. You... you called me... her majesty?"

Frowning, the little man bowed at the waist, "...I have upset you. I shall surely abase myself."

"No, no! Stop that! I just... Am I... I... I'm the queen?"

"...Indeed. And a good queen. Wise and powerful and above all beautiful. So beautiful."

Staring at the mirror across the room, Ari caught sight of her reflection and could feel her insides turning to ice. She was taller, certainly, and older. Her fiery red curls were now ink black, pulled tightly into a bun at the back of her head and her eyes were an eerie blue, like the sky before a storm, her map of freckles wiped out, leaving a pale ivory canvas. The black and silver gown she wore was exquisite, with lace at the bust line and along the hem and sleeves, her thin waist made thinner yet by a tight corset of deep purple, and beyond her, hanging from her strong, broad shoulders was a cape of the same color, trailing down to the floor. She was beautiful... yes, but also frightening... terribly so.

"Mistress?"

"You may go..." She whispered, and though she wasn't sure he had heard her, a moment later she could hear his boot-shod feet shuffling away. When he was gone and the heavy oak door closed behind him, Ari slowly approached the mirror, unable to tear her gaze away...

"...Oh help..."

~~

He woke in a cave. A cave... an actual, honest to God cave. His head splitting, his heart still pounding, Alexander opened his eyes to the strange world around him, and prayed, silently, that he was dreaming. Near him, a fire lay dying in a ring of stones, and all around him slept several tiny men, dressed something like the garden gnomes his grandmother kept in her yard to scare the neighbors.

Rubbing his forehead, he tried desperately to remember what had happened, but the harder he tried to recall the worse his head hurt, until the pounding became too much and he had to take a seat on a nearby rock.

It was then that he saw himself, the parts he could see, anyway and with a yelp, he toppled backwards off the rock, landing on his back with a heavy thud. He was short... no... shorter than short, he was shrimpy, his hands and feet and legs and arms stunted, chubby stumps, dressed in the same bizarre wardrobe the others around him wore.

Reaching up, he felt his face and groaned at the feel of the bulbous nose and round, pudgy cheeks, gasped at the feel of the rough, curly hair crowing most of his face and head... grey hair, thick and wiry, and not at all what he had had when he'd woken earlier that day. Try as he might to squelch it, he could feel panic rising in his chest, could feel his stomach turning over. He felt sick and dizzy and his skull was screaming...

When rather suddenly, two other figures appeared in the cave entrance, Alex righted himself and, without thinking, darted towards one of the little men, a grouchy looking fellow with a surly expression. When Alex reached him, he thrust out his arms, grasping the dwarf by the collar with unnecessary force, "What did you do to me!?! How did I get here!? And why in the hell am I dressed like my grandmother's garden decorations"

Daisy felt the blinding sunlight and blinked until everything was focused again. The library..that was the last thing she could remember. Did they...what..she couldn't comprehend what was happening. She looked around and saw that she had been transported to a big meadow, a clearing with beautiful flowers and trees. She saw three small humanoid creatures near her, with beards and such. They looked like gnomes, though much bigger. Wait..everything looked...taller. She looked down at herself. She had small, almost childlike features with chubby cheeks and a cap. Her clothes were easily medieval, though of itchy material. She winced knowing that she looked like a garden gnome. Even though her thoughts were her own, she felt a little lightheaded, almost a feeling of bliss and happiness. She shook her head slightly, as if she had gone mad. One of the gnome-like creatures was holding a rabbit, and another was lifting one up screaming for an explanation about..why he was here...She had a strange feeling in her stomach at the encounter. It seemed like they were all clueless about where they were. Perhaps the other gnomes were the other people in the library with her. However, she did not want to take that chance and act like a complete fool. Instead, she watched observantly and intelligently what was going on before questioning.

"Hayley," she said, looking around at each of them. "I'm Hayley." She looked around, her ears turning and twitching at every little noise.

He put her down "I'm so sorry" he blushed a deep red "erm...this is Joe"

"Joe from the library?" she said as her rabbit eyes widened. Her ears were still twitching uncontrollably. "Dammit," she muttered angrily.

"The very same" he blushed "what's wrong?" He looked at her, missing the obvious . He was annoyed, that wasn't how he had expected her in his arms.

"The library?" Rowan asked. "You were at a library?"

He wondered if it was the same he had been in. They did seem familiar, but they certainly didn't look like anyone he'd seen in the library he'd been in. All of this was so weird, Rowan found it hard to differentiate reality from fiction.

Jessie was the last to wake up, he looked around to see other people just as confused as him "So anybody gonna tell me what happened here?

"Isn't that your job?" she asked, twitching her nose. "This is my dream, I don't have a clue what's going on," she continued as she tried to hop around.

"This can't be your dream....unless we are dreaming the same thing" Joe stuttered "if I remember the book right then we should have a cottage near here"

"The book?" she asked looking up at him Her gaze shifted to the others and her eyes widened. "Oh," she said surprised.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back