• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Legend of the Legendary Mages

Hachi Machi

Ding Dong Ding Dong Ding Dong Ding Dong
Links

Interest Check
In Character Thread
Out of Character Thread
Character Sheets
Encyclopedia

Starting Plot

On the year 1467 and the day, September 2nd, new and returning students were welcomed into the Jalder Military Academy. The students quickly filed into their respective seats for the academy's entrance ceremony. After several minutes passed, a student with the highest marks on their written exam delivered a speech to the students. At first, everything seemed pleasant with the ceremony running smoothly, but when the student finished their speech, a magical burst of lighting erupted from inside the building. Such an incredible display of magical power garnered the attention of everyone within the room. From the lightning's dissipation, an overweight, burly man appeared near the podium. He greeted the new students, "Welcome class of 1467. I understand that you all worked so hard on your entrance exams, but we're thorough at the Jalder Military Academy." A slight pause followed, before the man readied himself, "For your final examination, all of you must show your current magical skill through a series of trials. Unlike your previous written exam, this one involves field work. If you fail this test, you'll be rejected from the Academy." When his statement ended, the man pointed at the auditorium doors, "Now, go and prove yourself worthy to learn at the Jalder Military Academy."

Last edited:
The Entrance Ceremony's Surprise
  • A pleasant breeze swept up a girl's pink hair, while she sat in the passenger seat of a standard motor vehicle, known as a car. At her side, a young man eyed the road carefully, which consisted of stone pavement and two sides: The right side and left side. As the man drove, the car's positioned stayed on the right side of the road in accordance with the empire's laws. No lines were present on the road to distinguish lanes, but roads typically fitted three, or four lanes. The young man noticed several individuals riding bicycles and a few individuals driving cars or motorcycles. After all, most individuals lacked the funds to purchase a motor vehicle, meaning the upper class typically utilized such vehicles.

While the young man drove the girl toward a large building in the distance, the man spoke with the girl, "So Clair...," he paused for a moment in order to make a right turn, "Are you looking forward to the academy? I have to admit, I was nervous the first day, but look at you, you're going to deliver the entrance speech. That's my little sister, earning the top score on the written entrance exam, and completely humiliating me." He finished his late statement with a small chuckle, until Clair replied, "I'm nervous too, Vincent! Plus, I scored the highest cause you helped me, so don't beat yourself up." Such a kind statement brought a few tears to his eyes, "T-thank you, Clair. You're a kind sister," but Clair interrupted his comment, "You're a Legant Knight, so don't cry over me," she boldly stated her demand with a stern gaze. Vincent guiltily rubbed the tears away from his eyes, "You've got that right, Clair. I just got a little overjoyed when you complimented me." After Vincent's reply, the vehicle stopped outside the Jalder Military Academy's gates, which led to the school grounds.

"Enjoy your first day at the academy, Clair. Oh, and good luck on your speech. Also,-" he prevented himself from speaking further, realizing that he should keep his final piece of advice away from Clair, "I'll be back to pick you up later today. I think the academy will end around three, right? If not, just let me know with your leyphone." As the two conversed about later plans, Clair egressed out of the vehicle, slumping her backpack over her right shoulder, "Right, right. See you, big bro." She left for the academy's main building, pulling out pieces of paper, which contained her notes. From the distance, Vincent watched his little sister with a smile, but in his mind he felt worried for Clair. He hoped she'd succeed today with both the speech and the academy's supposed surprise trials.

Timeline for Current Date

8:00 AM: Hugo Law sets up a meeting with the teachers.
9:00 AM: Doors to the auditorium hosting the entrance ceremony open.
10:00 AM: Clair states her speech and Hugo issues the trials.
10:40 AM: The teachers halt the students in certain areas around the academy.

Note: You do not need to be accurate with time. This is just for guidance and assistance.

Missions

Sharlett Elane: Listen to Hugo Law's orders. Listen to the speeches, or prepare the field yard for your trial. Lead the students to the field yard.
Char Drake: Get to the school's entrance ceremony. Listen to the speeches. Follow a teacher for the first trial.
Tear Cooper: Get to the school's entrance ceremony. Listen to the speeches. Follow a teacher for the first trial.
Meia Les Victri: Get to the school's entrance ceremony. Listen to the speeches. Follow a teacher for the first trial.

Note: These are suggestions. You don't need to follow them, but that's what's currently happening for your character.

OOC comments

Students can choose between Nonoka Fer, Roland Fer, or Sharlett Elane's group. For your next post, just have your characters head up to the field for the trials. In my next GM post, I'll start up the action, so be prepared for some magic casting. I'll also explain the factions roles for the trials in my next post, since no one has completed a character that isn't a teacher or student. If you have any questions, or concerns on what to post, or anything related to this post, please let me know, and I'll do my best to fix, or answer the issue. In general, each person's post will end at the academy field yard with their groups, but you're free to choose a different path. Good luck on your first posts for the RP!

Tags

MiraAutumn MiraAutumn QizPizza QizPizza Noble Scion Noble Scion

Tear Cooper was in a foul mood. First, she was being forced to attend the same formal greeting ceremony she had been to the last year, not to mention she was going to have to go through a second set of trials, which did not brighten her mood at all, but she put on her smile, school uniform, straightened her posture and headed back for the first day of her second year ar the Jalder Military, arriving seperately from her father who was to be teaching at the same school. A furious storm hidden behind pretty blue eyes, long clean hair and a shining smile. As far as she was concerned, this was simply another obstacle in the way of her joining the Legant knights and making both herself, and her father, proud.

She arrived by car, seperate of the normal bus and arrived in good time to the hall, Hair swinging as she strode into the hall with confidence irradiating from her person as she sat down near the front row, waiting around 40 minutes before the speedh began. She didn't care much for the words this new pink-haired girl spoke, but listened for lack of anything else to do, mentally noting down the name "Clair Lodabel" just in-case. The little light show was mildly amusing, but it was a fairly basic spell, detracting from the effect slightly, but she simply clapped and "ooh'd" along with everyone else.

"I already have proved myself.." she muttered, her foul mood getting the best of her for a mere moment as her face darkened, but swiftly returned to its bright-eyed smile as she quietly replied to the end of the speech, standing up along with the other pupils and making her way towards the fields with the other pupils, malice hidden in her eyes as she waded her way next to a few friends in the group containing Nonoka Fer, standing perfectly still and seeming like a statue, her tall height simply making her seem that bit more impressive. Her idea was to try and seem rather impressive to the first years in the group, which would make them more likely to follow behind her should the need arise. The others from her year already knew what she was like, so she didn't need to worry about them much. "Now then.. What's this little opening ceremony going to hold for us?" She grinned, her every action dripping with noble pride

Last edited:
Blood level = 100%
Magic energy = 100%

Italics = Thoughts
Speech marks/Bold = Speech

My writing length is unpredictable, so don't expect me to write this much every time. I guess this time there was just so much to write about ^^ I still need to do Meia though ;-;

Sharlett Elane
~The Doll Maker~
2946c5d0a1cd58b587174e85f6291ed2.jpg
Sharlett awoke early that morning, at 6 AM, from what she can remember. She's always been more of an early bird than a night owl, and carefully readied herself for the eventful day ahead. With a quick twirl of her fingers, she finalized her bun and made sure her outfit was neat and orderly. Her nutritional breakfast remained barely touched that morning, lately she hadn't been eating as much.

She wondered why.

Noticing her hands were shaking, and her mask had slipped, revealing a rather ominous smile, she realized why she had been feeling rather on edge. A new year, a new opportunity. A slight giggle escaped her, as she covered her mouth cautiously. This year, I'll definitely find a lead. There's undoubtedly secrets to uncover in this academy.

I can't wait.

20-ish minutes later...
She had arrived early that morning, at around quarter-past 7, via her bicycle. It's been a while since she felt the breeze rush against her skin, so she felt quite refreshed after the journey. She's always preferred methods of transport which were in solitude, and would've walked, but the 35 minute walking-distance was quite a deter in her opinion. Making her way to the teacher's lounge, she prepared herself for a lot of social discussion, which she had perhaps become a bit rusty with over the lengthy summer break. There was only a minuscule chance, yet she silently hoped to find a lead or clue through the constantly changing gossip among the teachers. Who knows, the discussion of forbidden magic could come up. It was after all, a magic-related military academy.

An hour-ish later...
Sharlett tapped her toes impatiently, yet subtly enough for no one to really notice. Her face felt frozen in place, with occasional giggles and nods, yet her expression stuck in a polite smile. Blatantly, the current discussion among her colleagues bored her. They were talking about the new cafe that opened nearby, or something. It was a slight surprise that they weren't really talking that much about the new trials, or the new students, actual topics she wouldn't mind discussing. Then again, she knew not to expect too much from them. They were, afterall, completely different people to her.

After a short while, which appeared as a significant length of time in Sharlett's mind, the familiar bulky body of the headmaster emerged from the half-open door to her left. She listened attentively to his simple explanation, partly brought to attention by his uniquely husky voice. Watching the exchange of questions, she mused "Yes" along with the others, without a hint of hesitation. This was ultimately a rather high-class military academy. Those who cannot meet standards, should attend another school at the very least. With a soft glance towards those who denied the statement, she crossed her legs as she awaited her orders.

"Yes sir, I have no questions." She stood up and bowed swiftly, with a warm, grateful smile, before returning to her seat. Her eyes glazed across each of the other teachers, as they received their tasks, and as she analyzed her own. The rock pillars...sounds like a rather destructive task. There's definitely going to be students just outright blasting the pillars with magic. I'll need to ensure all students are wary of falling rocks and such. I'll probably also need to re-build some of the stone pillars... that's most likely why I was chosen for this task, seeing as I can always alter the chant for Boulder Smash and create new pillars.

Noticing that all the teachers had received their duties, Sharlett pulled herself out of her thoughts. Casually, she walked with a few female colleagues to the opening ceremony, diverting her attention to welcoming the new students. The immense size of the hall was still a sight to behold, it made one think that even if one was screaming in pain at one end of the hall, they wouldn't be heard at the other. Though, that was just an initial thought of hers. It was a hall afterall, it was probably built to amplify the sound within it's walls.

An hour-ish later...
With a bit of idle chit-chatting, time seemed to pass at a much faster pace than before, with students flowing in like a river. Sharlett's watchful gaze swept over the students one by one, thought she couldn't look at them all in much detail, especially since they came through multiple doors. There were a few which had intriguing or peculiar appearances, though she couldn't locate anyone particularly noteworthy at the moment. The humble speech spoken by the student upon the podium, left her with an aura of confidence, but in Sharlett's opinion was rather short in length, and simplistic. Then again, a military academy wouldn't have much need for unnecessary dawdling, or excessive formalities.

Giving a final nod of approval, due to the conclusion of her thoughts, she was slightly startled by the flash of violet before her eyes, which bolted from just behind the curtains. The wielder was partially concealed behind the shadows, giving a slightly ominous appearance, but it was painfully obvious who it was. The headmaster always seemed to like things on a grander scale. His speech was equally as intimidating, and she couldn't help but give a light chuckle in response, as she followed the nervous crowd of students. Her blue badge shone brightly as she walked, the bold letters of 'Elane' imprinted in an eye-catching colour.

With a welcoming smile which seemed to calm the nerves, Sharlett managed to gather quite a large group of students for the trial, perhaps one of the biggest compared to the other teachers. Though, they seemed to be the most frightened of the lot. "Follow me everyone." She commanded, yet not in the most intimidating tone. In a somewhat disorderly line, she filed her students through the simplistic yet relaxing scenery, whilst attempting to calm them with soothing words, before reaching the academy's field yard. "You'll be fine, just have confidence in yourself. You all have the potential." She smiled towards a couple of students who appeared as if they were on the verge of breaking down. Abruptly however, the relaxing scenery was no more, as tall trees and warm lamps were replaced by bottomless pits and deadly weapons.

Sharlett breathed a soft sigh as she looked over the field. It had been a common sight for her over the past year, yet of course, the new students would be quite unnerved by this sudden spectacle. Walking over to the towering stone pillars silently, with the students' discussion quietened by the sight, Sharlett began her trial explanation, shortly before halting their movements completely a small distance away from their trial area. "This trial is rather simple in design-" Sharlett began with a warm voice, however, she was paused by the sight of the podium girl fist pumping confidently, drawing the students' attention away from her. With a slight chuckle, and approving nod, she continued her speech, hiding the glare in her eyes. "The only objective is to collect a flag from the top of a pillar, and return it to me." She explains, gesturing towards the bright red flags atop the towering pillars of stone, which were hard to see from their current angle. "Those who manage this task, may move onto the next trial. But." She pauses briefly for effect, her eyes tinged with warning and caution. "Be wary of falling rocks and such, from those with more... destructive methods." With a final clap, she concludes with the brightest smile she muster. "Good luck to you all!"

Tags: Hachi Machi Hachi Machi

Last edited:
Char Drake
Crud, crud, crud!
Charity Sol Drake

Blood Level: 100%

Magic Energy: 55%

It was 5 minutes before Jalder Academy's starting assembly and initiation would begin...and Char was a 20 minute's run from the academy. There was no other choice. Char had to use some magic, even though there was probably going to be some magic related trial waiting for him, from what he knew from last year. He grabbed the tome from his bag and looked for a right spell as he ran.

Fireball, no. Lightning, no. Healing, no. Aha! Here it is. (I'll leave the spell blank until I figure out what can drain 45% of Char's Magic Energy)

10 minutes later
Crud, my magic ran out too fast. Char slowly walked into the hall where the ceremony was. Just when he walked in, a flash of lightning appeared on the stage. Char was too tired to react, but still noticed the basic spell, which held nothing against anything he could cast. He was breathing too hard to hear what the big man on stage was saying, except something about following teachers with a blue badge.

Once Char caught his breath, most of the teachers already left, save a couple. One in particular caught his eye: a tall girl with immaculate brown hair towering above most of the first year. She stood still, trying to intimidate those poor first years.

That must be Tear Cooper. I doubt she remembers me from last year, with me dropping out after the first four months. Oh yeah...forgot about that. This may be my second year, but I'm technically still a first year with my dropping out. And...that leaves me in a weird place, with experience enough to crush first years, but barely being able to compete against second years. Sigh. Someone has to save those first years.

Char walked over to the group containing Miss Cooper and took note of the teacher's name: Nonoka Fer

Last edited:
Blood level = 100%
Magic energy = 100%

Italics = Thoughts
Speech marks/Bold = Speech

Meia Les Victri
~Daughter of Count Malgath Les Victri~
ab93f8b60be0321ae0b79b3ce87fbf9f--brown-hair-green-eyes-anime-girl-with-brown-hair.jpg
Due to being hopelessly nervous the day before, and barely being able to sleep from excitement, Meia awakened at a much later time than she would have liked: 9 AM. "GAH! Why didn't anyone wake me up?! The entrance ceremony literally starts now!" She screamed as she stumbled out of bed, her hair in the most spectacular mess she's ever seen. "Gah." She responded to the unruly sight in her gold outlined mirror. Quickly dressing herself in her pristine academy uniform, which was laid on one of her oak bedside tables, Meia dashed down the elaborate spiral staircase in a panic. "Aurelia! Why didn't you wake me up?!" She whined to the elegant woman peacefully sipping tea at the table. She was wearing a plain lavender dress, which complimented her long silver hair."Meia... you have no idea how many servants I sent to wake you up." Her eldest sister explained with a sigh, slowly rolling towards her in a wheelchair. "You should really get going now, no time for discussion, don't want to be late!" She encouraged warmly, patting Meia softly on the head. Returning her sister's gesture with a quick hug, Meia dashed outside with a piece of toast in hand.

"Please hurry!" She exclaimed as she rushed into the shiny car just outside her house. With a warm chuckle, the old driver quickly began speeding off down the road, as Meia began hurriedly munching on her breakfast, the passing scenery serving as amusement whilst she ate. Oh no, I still need to move into my dorm room. Ugh, I guess I'll have to do that after school. She sighed exasperatedly, only just remembering the pile of luggage in her room. Minutes passed much too quickly for Meia's liking, as she grew anxious in the car, wondering if she'd be late for the entrance ceremony. As soon as the car began to slow, she slammed the door and bolted for the main hall, not able to process any part of her surroundings.

Somehow, she had managed to collapse onto one of the few remaining chairs, just before the clock struck 10 AM. Noticing the stares around her, she shyly collected herself and reformed her usually immaculate posture, despite still being a little out of breath. Listening to Clair's speech in relief, a sense of pride swept over her due to her achievement that morning. Just as she felt that the speech had ended, and as she prepared to leave, a bolt of lightning ripped through the air above her. Meia couldn't help but recoil and yelp in shock, as she stared at the man responsible for such an act. Confused, and quite startled by the incident, the words of his speech were barely registered in her mind. "A set of trials...?" She whispered out loud, as she realized that people had begun lining up for their trials. Hurrying to catch up, she found the nearest teacher with a blue badge, Roland Fer, and followed him in line, her nerves still rattled by the whole unexpected incident.

Tags: Hachi Machi Hachi Machi

Users who are viewing this thread

Back