The Law of the Land

Pretzel Heart

Afterimage of Broad Daylight
Good. I see that you have made the decision to stay. Now you must commit to that choice by pledging to live by our community guidelines, all of which you may find below. Best learn them well- I don't think you would like what happens to those who stray off the moral path......

Once you find yourself in firm understanding of our rules, we will leave these dark catacombs and make our way up to the Library.

Da Rururules

Definitely Do Not!

Fall into one of the big "RPing no-no's." Most people on this site will know what this means, but in case you don't:
  • No Mary Sue / Gary Stu characters (Idealized selves; characters with little to no imperfections)
  • No God-Modding / Powerplaying / Bunnying (Controlling another person's character without express permission)
  • No Meta-Gaming (Showing IC knowledge your character couldn't possibly know from someone else's CS or OOC plotting)
  • No advanced sexual content (Please fade to black before the clothes come off) ☜ This is actually a site rule so it definitely needs to be followed
...And any other uncouth thing that may be inconsiderate to your fellow RPers.

Be offended if one of the GMs asks you to make changes to your character. We do this not out of spite, but to ensure what we believe will be the best possible RP experience for all players.

Be a sailor mouth. Mild swearing is fine, but please make sure to b**p it out in some way in case someone isn't comfortable with that sort of thing. There are children on this site posing as college students. Just remember that.

Post one-liners. Otherwise we'll trust you on post length. (Wiznibs: If you're talking to one other person directly and you two have fallen into a comfortable 3 sentence response pattern that's fine, but if another person comes along with the Great American Novel maybe throw in some extra effort.) If we feel like maybe you should beef up your posts a bit we may contact you privately with some advice. Remember, this is a Detailed RP. While we encourage tryhards of all levels to join, please respect the effort that many of our players put into their responses. For RPing taking place in the 'Practice Hall' thread, we will be more lenient.

Take over the RP with 50 million posts. Depending on the situation, please allow your fellow RPers time to post before responding.

Post OOC outside of the OOC threads. If you need to respond to something from another thread, you can just quote it in the OOC. I am very OCD and that sort of things bothers me a lot, eheh. I will remove comments if necessary. (Little things tagged onto IC posts are fine.)

Bully or harass other RPers! We will be especially strict on this point. If you have a problem, privately bring it to the GMs, and we will do our best to compromise between all parties. Please do not make people feel uneasy or unwelcome with threatening, or even passive aggressive, comments OOC, or attacks on someone's character IC. This will really break our hearts if you do. (◞‸◟)

Post your CS in the Character Thread ('Guest Rooms') without prior acceptance! We know this is a strange rule, but we are requesting that everyone PM us their CS for review before we allow them to be posted into the RP. This is because there might be competitions for certain roles, in which case we do not want another player's application to influence what you decide to apply for. If you have an idea you want to develop, we want you to go for it no matter what!

Please Do!

Keep within all RPN site rules. We have come to enjoy this community so we will respect its policies to the best of our knowledge and abilities.

Make sure to keep up with the information in the lore ('Library') forum and the NPCs ('Castle Staff'), as they will be updated with important information as we go along. You must read all of the lore before submitting a character. Not only may this help you with inspiration, but it will also ensure you have a firm understanding of the RP and the world in which your character(s) will reside.

Follow the announcements ('Proclamations') thread. This is where the GMs will be posting important information that you will be expected to know! Though we now have no way to enforce this rule, you do not follow it at your own risk! If we see signs that you are not keeping on top of the announcements, there will be b l o o d...

Feel free to talk to the GMs about, well, literally anything. Plot building, character ideas, problems, questions, thoughts to improve the RP, your plans to sing the Furby Song for your school talent show...we are open and willing to player input. Having an open forum where every idea is treated with due respect was basically our mission statement; we are here to do everything we can to make your time with us as amazing as possible. ;>

Stay dedicated to this RP. Due to Primum Movens' role-based nature it is difficult for us to smoothly replace characters if someone suddenly decides to drop. If you feel overwhelmed / bored / confused / lagging, just notify a GM. Communication is swaggigity. If you come to believe that it would better for you to leave the RP, we'd really appreciate it if you talk with us beforehand so we can find a way to neatly excuse your character(s).
In return we promise you to do our own absolute best. * ^ *

Important! Currently there is no Activity Rule for the RP! If/When we decide to reinstate this policy, we will give all players a 1 week advanced notice!
Post at least once a week! If you have not posted in either the IC or OOC for 5 consecutive days, we will send you the first "Warning." If you still have not responded for 48 hours, we will send you an "Emergency Warning." If you do not respond for 24 hours after that, your character will be "Archived." This means that your character may be revived, but the slot will become open to any looking to take it. Archived characters can be revived exactly 1 time without penalty (unless someone has taken over the role during the time in which they were Archived). You can avoid this whole system if you give either GM a heads up before your first warning. This "Free Chance" can be used 1 time per month. We may be flexible depending on certain situations. Simply "liking" a post does not count towards activity, though posting in the Dischord Chat might. The GMs have a running table to keep track of everyone's last IC and OOC post which is updated once daily, so if you are curious as to where you stand, feel free to contact us.
Depending on plot progression, we may ask certain roles to post more frequently.
Subject to adjustments based on effectiveness
Notify us of prolonged absences. If you need to go on hiatus please tell a GM if possible (we understand that emergencies happen). We will either arrange to hold your character, bot your character, or give the position to someone else.

Show that you respect da Rururules by writing "The road to dance is a road of roses!" somewhere in your CS. Also keep on the lookout for more of these "Reading Checks" as you carry on your way. ;>

Feel free to ask us any and all questions about the lore! Though we do have some secret elements lined up, most of them are character-driven or based on things yet to come. But building the history and relationships is going to be a huge part of this RP. The more you probe the more we can improve and make a cohesive world! (Wiznibs: I live and die for this sh*t.)

Have fun...or we will make you. -fist pumps-

Respect the GMs! That is @Pretzel Heart and @wizard nibblers. Both of us have equal input (it may look like I was the one who went and made all these posts, but really Wiznibs was right there alongside me and worked tirelessly to come up with ideas for this RP). We have spent over a year fleshing out this story, and as it is extremely near and dear to us, we want it to succeed more than anything. We make our decisions out of love and for the greater good of the RP. So feel free to contact both / either of us about anything, but please respect our decisions. Also feel free to worship us as your Gods and saviors. Just saying. :captaincat:

I realize that it may be confusing, but originally Primum Movens was the creation of both Pretzel Heart Pretzel Heart and wizard nibblers wizard nibblers . Wizard / Wiznibs was my former Co-GM, but, sadly, she is no longer a part of my life, and her decisions have left quite a mark on these past months. A pretzel is just made out of baked dough, after all...and as you might imagine, a heart made out of such a thing can't be very strong...... But!! No matter what happened, I just cannot let go of the hope that our story may yet have a happy end...and I'd like to believe in that future. For this reason I will consider Wizard to be on an indefinite hiatus, and in the event that she does return, I hope she can be given as warm a welcome as possible and the respect due to her as my partner. In the meantime I have decided to take over all her characters and responsibilities. So please treat me ( Pretzel Heart Pretzel Heart ) as the sole GM, but recognize that not all of the credit for ideas, writing, and images found in this forum are mine alone.
And also yeah please worship me. xD

Other Notes

The tone for this RP will be whimsical but there will be some dark undertones. It may get darker as time passes. It could get hella dark. Character death is a thing that could happen, though not at the beginning of the RP, and we will not kill off your character senselessly (unless you ask us to). Still...both Wiznibs and I are big fans of the macabre....so don't give us an excuse to release our darker imaginings. (Or, actually, please do.)

Failure to obey these rules and we may sacrifice your character in a horribly imaginative way. Possibly involving Furbies. Possibly involving Greg Brady. Possibly with musical interludes and dance numbers. You have been warned.

Ballroom_Decorum.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back