• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern ๐“๐ก๐ž ๐‹๐š๐ฌ๐ญ ๐ƒ๐š๐ฒ๐ฌ ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐€๐๐š๐ฆ ๏นฅ๐˜›๐˜๐˜Œ ๐˜Š๐˜๐˜ˆ๐˜›๐˜›๐˜Œ๐˜™

Main
Here

mother of sorrows

๐‘Ÿ๐‘’๐‘๐‘ข๐‘™๐‘ ๐‘–๐‘ฃ๐‘’ ๐‘๐‘œ๐‘ค๐‘’๐‘Ÿ ๐‘œ๐‘“ ๐‘กโ„Ž๐‘’ ๐‘ค๐‘œ๐‘Ÿ๐‘š.
4b796b93783596a4b70468ff44536004.jpg

โ ๐˜›๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ด ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ค๐˜ฆ๐˜ฅ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ญ๐˜ช๐˜ฌ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ข ๐˜ด๐˜ค๐˜ณ๐˜ฐ๐˜ญ๐˜ญ ๐˜ฃ๐˜ฆ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜ณ๐˜ฐ๐˜ญ๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ถ๐˜ฑ, ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ฆ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜บ ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ฏ๐˜ต๐˜ข๐˜ช๐˜ฏ ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ช๐˜ด๐˜ญ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ธ๐˜ข๐˜ด ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฐ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ง๐˜ณ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฎ ๐˜ช๐˜ต๐˜ด ๐˜ฑ๐˜ญ๐˜ข๐˜ค๐˜ฆ. โž​

hii welcome to the ooc! feel free to ask any questions if u have thoughts! ill be giving more of the lore here tomorrow, but i can give some character expectactions for now if you guys aren't sure on how to proceed!
d1b907a965a32a7a3003043d507255d1.jpg

I'd definitely like some character expectations! I got so excited I wanted to start planning a character already so general notions would be useful

i don't want to expose too much of the cult's inner-working and beliefs yet, but if you guys have any specific questions, please ask! (you can also pm me if you'd like for it to be a secret!) i hope this helped a bit,, but i can add more
  • since this is a rural area, characters can have some knowledge about guns and hunting - this isn't needed, though, especially since not everyone will be of a farming background.
  • on that note, while ward county is not very rich and mostly filled with agriculture, your character can be anything - there's still a bit of wealthy people, lawyers, doctors, maybe even local celebrities.
  • characters could have been part of the mental health/rehab programs in the past! the cult also runs a few 'troubled teen' camps. both of these options are usually far out in the wilderness and start out fairly innocent. they want to help you. you just have to let them. you're loved, we love you. the cult has a way of wiggling into people's heads and they often get vulnerable folks who join these programs. your character might have noticed something was up, such as the cult cutting them off from their loved ones, demanding payments, manipulation, etc - and hightailed it out of there. these characters are going to be the ones who have had the most insight into the cult so far.
  • as far as the others are concerned, the cult started out harmless enough - the members talked with the town normally, bought stuff normally, the speakers were charming. the cult started taking land very slowly, and the disappearances could easily be explained as animal attacks or someone running away; but for those that couldn't be, the cops seemed unwilling or uncapable of exploring. a few people were suspicious of the cult, but the majority didn't notice how the cult was acting. again, this happened over a course of years! so the characters could be suspicious, but they don't have any actual proof nor do most people share their worries.
  • the characters can have family members/friends/trusted ones that have joined the cult.
  • you guys are also free to come up with your own ideas regarding the cult, just let me know!
fccd77511196786f83560addac14a2e1.jpg

oh! and another very important thing - if your character has an occupation (such as related to alcohol) or reputation that the cult might consider 'sinful', you can say the cult has been harrassing them for about a month or so prior to the start of the rp :ghostl:

no because why was this my reminder to watch yellowjackets s2 ?? and honestly, far cry 5โ€™s story concept is so underrated and enjoyed the game tbh.

also the creative juices are flowing. the typical โ€œmy [insert loved one] went missing after joining that damn cult, time to INVESTIGATE !!โ€ maybe the city slicker journalist route searching for a juicy story ?? might combine the two ?? Iโ€™ll have to do some thinking

HONESTLY ppl hated on far cry 5 but i think it was actually really fun ๐Ÿ˜ญ the beginning and the ending were pretty cool. and YESSS i love yellowjackets so much! i know its not really cult material but did u know michigan has bears and wolves.... (evil implications)

an out of towner could def be interesting, since they wouldn't have a clear idea of just how dangerous the situation is! but also ohoho, a combination sounds really spicy ๐Ÿ‘๏ธ

This is such a fun idea, Iโ€™m so excited and yโ€™all work so quick! Iโ€™m reading the characters like itโ€™s the morning paper today. Once Iโ€™m on my lunch break Iโ€™ll get mine up :)

I got something up for Idumea. In honor of the goodiest boy Bastion, let us light a candle. ๐Ÿ˜ญ

love this a lot! fighting between two character concepts at the moment but I'll have a sheet up as soon as possible! Haven't done a sheet this way before so quite excited.

jumped over here right away after seeing the ic - mother of sorrows mother of sorrows ur prose was so gripping and unique! this story line seems so unique and interesting and just Nasty. i'm into it

haven't been a part of a group roleplay in forever, so here's to breaking that streak (hopefully)! have also been itching to write a character that's just a Bad Person so maybe this is my chance

obsessed w how half of this county is lesbians so far. id trust them to defeat the cult tbh

omg im so excited to see the characters < 3 they all look so promising so far !!

and thank u omg! honestly id love to see a bad person in the cast so its interesting,,, plus always more chances for drama!

ahhh the characters so far are lovely !! Iโ€™m finally gonna make a masc character after who knows how longโ€ฆ.

solidified it a bit to be a journalist who seized the opportunity of his father (who honestly he doesnโ€™t like anyway) who joined the cult and decided to write a few articles about it a few months back. was getting threats from the cult but didnโ€™t take them too seriously, even though his partner was telling him they were being followed. had a fight, called them delusional and next thing he knew the partner is missing. man feels bad and wouldnโ€™t be lying if the opportunity to write another story that could make it big was also on his mind. maybe grew up in ward county and absolutely hates the place.

will get something up soon hopefully !!

Updated my CS and it's supposed to be the final, definitive version but perhaps I'll edit it later. I honestly think she's one of my juiciest characters.

I'm loving everyone's ideas and frothing at the mouth reading all the unique prose.

We do have a lack of males lol

Would a city fella passing through town and ending up tangled in the whole mess due to car troubles be alright? :)

SURPRISE SHAWTAYS, my private investigator dabi is gonna lose her marbles

Would a city fella passing through town and ending up tangled in the whole mess due to car troubles be alright? :)
That sounds like such a cool idea, every great horror adventure starts with a car malfunction and getting stuck in a random rural town

rainrain102 rainrain102 yes that would be totally okay! especially w the oil crisis, getting out of there w a broken car would be really hard.

idiot idiot i love love LOVE the actor u used as ur fc he's perfect as a journalist
ahhhh thanks ! I was trying to think who gave 70s vibes and then rahul and his giant moustache from bly manor came to mind !!

on that note, a very work in progress cs is up for art. should hopefully finish it in the coming day or so !!

theres so many good characters already omg,,, im so obsessed w every single one of them. i love that theyre all unique and have different stuff going on so far. YOU ALL SLAYED
1000007300.jpg

still violently fighting between two ideas, although the third holy guy idea that popped up has now been scrapped so genuinely cheers for that as it was getting hard to choose, are we allowed more than one character or is one preferred?

also is there any information about the inside of the rehab program ran by the Adam we'd have regarding any sort of religious/cult lore? Or odd practises you have for us or would we just make it up/keep it vague for when stuff like that comes up naturally?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back