• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

The Lands of Luxum

Lutz startled awake at the singing. He stepped out of his bed and onto his balcony searching for the source of the music, a beautiful lady.

Khadak frontier
"Courage is in their water, but death in our air."

The elves lay around in the short grass resting against their packs, napping or playing variations of the common gambling game 'dice'. The banners were laid against the ground to reduce the risk of being spotted and the horses of the commanding inquisitors were be brushed by the priests. The five commanders lay against the edge of a long rolling hill and discuss the purpose of their crusade. "I doubt the Jade would send us out without a genuine reason. If they sent us to find the warlord, it's because he's a threat to the realm." Elion moves a hand to be behind his head acting as a pillow. In his other hand were a bunch of dark green leaves that appeared to be wrapped around some form of bread loaf.
"I think they sent us out to die. If the inquisition wanted us dead they couldn't risk it being traced back to them. Otherwise the other inquisitors would realise this and overturn the residing council." Neria's tone is calm and her eyes fixed elsewhere. The large figure known as Tyral chimes in with his opinion on the matter, "The inquisition sent Elion to deal with scales and heresy in western Yelvania. I think they've simply overestimated his abilities and assumed we can convert the whole realm as we go." Tyral reaches out a hand and smacks Elion in the chest with a dull smile. "I assure you, this crusade of ours isn't in vain. We'll reach the far east and make him repent for his sins. Halem and Gira will agree." Elion sits up slightly looking to the other two inquisitors. Halem, a young man with blue gowns similar to Elions, nods without saying anything. Gira, an older elf with scars intercepting what little wrinkles she had, disagrees saying, "This isn't in vain but it wasn't fought with men they had high hopes in. We're here to cleanse the filth and salt their fields. I'd be amazed if they expected us to return. There's so much to do in the far east. King, we could convert the heathens and make a kingdom for the inquisition."

The five continue their discussions as time passes on with Gira exploring the idea of forging a new inquisition. The guards of the resting elves do a shift change and the priests come to join the inquisitors. They all talk about the faith and the means of the crusade together until, "Cavalry my lord!" Elion looks up at the ranger and scrambles to his feet. The elf takes an arrow and draws it ready. The other inquisitors go to get up but he gestures to them to remain resting. They obey and he goes up the incline to the ranger. "Where do you see them?" He points to a very small spacing of trees in the near distance and relaxes his grip. On the other side of these trees was a plume of smoke that touched the sky. "I saw two. They looked alien in origin. Sounded like there were more." Elion pats him on the back and begins to go down the hill. "Ranger, ride with me. Halem, join us. Tyral we're taking your horse." Tyral looks displeased but nods. "We'll double the guards and raise the banners for your return."
"Don't. If they're orcish scouts we want to remain hidden. Keep the banners low and stay on guard. Just be ready." Elion, the ranger, and Halem all mount up on horse back with the ranger riding in the lead. Elion shakes his head side to side aware of the risks he was taking to ensure the fleeting vision of two horses was nothing more than an orcish scouting party hunting down survivors.

hudhouse hudhouse Kazami42 Kazami42
latest

Upsilon - Valabion
"Someday soon. They will see."

Cherie nods and turns to return writing. As she does she feels his lips press up against her skin once more. She smiles softly as she tries to think about the letters. However her thoughts become scrambled as he whispers promises in her ear. She closes her eyes a moment to savour the idea of a realm envying her and their power before being jolted back to reality by his request of duke Coran. "I'll try my best, lion." She returns to writing with the vibrations of his whispering still echoing in her ear. She smiles to herself and jolts down as best she can an invitation. She adds to meet at Lugënhaven in Yormainia for the prince of Lond Angren and drafts up a new letter for the duke of house Gladewatcher.
"Duke Coran Gladewatcher of Maxar Unum,
We call on you for an oath and summon your banner men to aid in the installation of the true king of Anctaine and his extended realm of Valabion. In doing so you will receive lands and titles befitting in the eastern kingdoms and the false monarchs of Anctaine and Valabion will be brought to justice.
The people of the east suffer under these false monarchs. Their pleas against their rulers fill the streets and mouths of babes. Help bring justice and your lands will be reclaimed and liberated from the lesser noblemen that have betrayed your trust and their oaths. The duchy of Glade will be far richer than they were under the rule of your ancestors and you will be forever remembered as the pinnacle of Gladewatcher power. Your reign will be a golden age that scholars look back to and revel for years to come. You will be more powerful than any of those who stand against you and our banners will fly side by side as an unbreakable union of justice and power.
Meet myself and my beloved at Lugënhaven in Yormainia. Your men will be granted safe passage and stay once we meet. God watch over you, brother.

The rightful king of Valabion and Anctaine,
Guerrier de Bourbon."

Cherie dots the last period of her letter and fans the the ink to increase its drying speed. She then runs a finger along the latest section of ink and fails to smudge it. She quickly grabs the edges of the letter and rolls it into a tightly packed scroll and seals it with their rendition of the royal seal. The seal, made of brown wax, holds the scroll shut and is quickly packed into a small satchel beside the table. She heads towards the door, opening it with a creak, shouting out once open. "Adolph! My husband beckons!" Distant steps can be heard growing closer as she turns to face Gurrier with a quick kiss in the air.

Ghost Toast Ghost Toast Blitzer Blitzer

Last edited:
Valabion-Ancintaine Border Region

"If you support not the queen but only seek to defend your people then you need only stay on one side of the border. I wont say that it is ignoble to defend yourself, only to attack others. I just ask that you don't confuse one with the other." The mage responded to the mercenary swiftly, before himself charging to the refugees. Scurrying down the small hill he was on to the caravans position he nearly tripped multiple times. As he closed in on them it looked like he had indeed tripped but, placing his arms infront of himself a small glow could be seen as he righted himself. As he arrived at the caravan, panting like a dog, he managed "If you are as innocent as you seem, which I doubt. I shall protect you. If you lie to me. I will let you fall. But if you speak the truth and it is noble enough, my life will be laid down in your defence" after a brief recovery.

Just then he heard shouting off in the distance, soon after he saw a line of troops amassing on the hill. He immediately grabbed his tome from the air next to him where it floated alongside and throw forth his staff, where it hovered a foot in-front of him, pointing straight to the sky. Those mercs seemed untrustworthy, but this new force looked like the sort that would burn a nation to the ground for a few copper peices. The sort that lived for the vile aspects of war.

Having arrived at the nearby village, preparing defences, Railiani once again began scying the mortal mage. Judging his actions and preparing to contact him. Should refuge be needed he would send an offer for them to flee to this village until he could find somewhere else to protect them, or they wished to leave.
H HeckingHeck general ostruppen general ostruppen Math Math

House Wiseria
W i s e r i a

Sir Veras Emrys
"The Brown Cloak"

Sir Veras looked back, staring at the mage annoyed as he delivered it message. Surely it had better things to do than roam the borders if an endless war. Still, he had to put on a straight face as he climbed down the tower, below him a scramble of a combination of armored and lightly armored horses made ready. A peasant brought his horse, a fine stallion, saddled up and ever strong. Veras thanked him as he climbed atop his ride.

"Fetch a flag of truce, but be ever cautious, this band seem awefully well armed for refugees" Veras ordered his cavalry as a flag was given to an accompanying horseman near him. The gate opened, revealing a much larger force waving the banners if Acintaine. Veras simply grunted. It was one more idiot he would have to deal with today who would try their luck at war. The day couldn't have gone worse for him.

The pathway down the hill was relatively clear, especially given the fact that obstacles surrounded each side. Although not a tall hill by any means, it still had a certain steepness that would have the riders be weary else they trip. The company managed however and ride up to the lesser of the caravan, shortly after the mage. It wasn't a surprise given that he had a rather large head start. Veras only worried what the mage could have blabbered in the time it took Veras to catch up.

"Rather refreshing jog wasn't it Kilda?" Veras joked as he saw the mage defeated by his own body. It was a hard sprint for him for sure. His company of peasants didn't look much better off. The cavalry that accompanied Veras however had the heavy cavalry surrounding the vanguard, the light cavalry keeping a lookout at the larger Acintaine force. The Acintaine force would be a misinformed fool if their commander thought he was an enemy. It wasn't the commander that became hostile that worried Veras but rather the strange formation he used. A line of crossbowman so thin could surely be easily taken out with a simple cavalry charge, especially with a horse in full armor. He scanned the field of Acintanians. It would seem the commander had already deployed its forces. Veras turned to the leader of the Vanguard, a flag of truce being held beside him.

"Pay no attention to the mage here, he has a rather... Naive sense if the world. Why come across the border so heavily armed and with such large supply of goods? Do you not know you walk through a warzone?" Veras started. He was skeptical for sure. First of all, for a band of refugees, the caravan was well armed and equipped. It was an awful lot of wagons too for a band of desperate wanderers running from a war torn region. And even if they were refugees, why would they head into Acitnaine, the land of their enemy? Would it not be safer to travel through the caliphates and around Acintaine? Before those questions could be answered, Veras had to be collected. "What is your name? And why is it that you travel here?"

Math Math General Deth Glitch General Deth Glitch general ostruppen general ostruppen

World events

Acintaine - Valabion war

The war continued on, with Acintaine taking some land of Val's southwest. However Val repelled a large attack that was to take their western region.

Maxar Unum

Maxar Unum was continuing in their decline. Small groups of people started to spread their opinion of secession, and others only remained loyal but threatening to those who seek secession. This only furthers the Unum's problems, and the military has started to mobilize upon themselves. They would not fall apart quite yet, but they have started to become extremely aggressive to secessionists. No official action has yet been taken, and some deemed "traitors" in both the army and the populace itself have begun to be executed to keep the peace, as self aggression continues to steadily rise.

Khadak hoards

The Khadak have expanded and surprised the Yulva Zabaka. While most people were capable of escaping, a minor portion of land taken by the Khadak has left hundreds dead. In response to this, some of the army in the eastern sarybian caliphate and Yulva Zabaka has increased security efforts to their borders.

Henda

Rumors of isolated vampire attacks within Henda continue. Getting only more vicious and at rare times, multi-lethal within detail. Disappearances in the night being blamed upon vampires, and a alleged corpse being attributed to this. In the same time, the waters around Henda have started to become violent as a large storm from the northeast starts to arrive.

----------------------------------------
Singing woman

As Lutz would stand on the balcony and look down at the woman, she would have stopped singing and seconds later turned around and look up. Lutz would only proceed to feel something poking at him as if for him to turn around. This was also followed by a whisper-like monotone saying his name. Blitzer Blitzer

Tournament

Quickly after wounding the target, he would stab again as if to provide a weakness. However whether or not Rein would respond, the birb would quickly do a stab at him and expecting him to jump back. In the same time, he would raise his shield and quickly in the process thrust it towards Rein. Effectively stabbing him again in the upper right shoulder, and quickly bringing the shield down and backing away. Rein would attack again but confuse the birb and punched the bird-person. While injured, the birb would thrust at him but Rein dodging the strike to the side. This however gave the birb enough time, slamming the shield into his face due to getting slightly closer in the process and the birb moving forwards. The birb however, would always keep the shield besides him. The shield seemingly not only hitting Rein, but causing some form of shockwave with greater force than his fists. All of this force creating a intense noise along with varying effects such as disorientation and would have most likely caused unconsciousness to a normal person. The birb quickly taking this as an advantage, and repeatedly bashing him with the shield. Creating more shockwaves and effects of different variety, getting weaker and weaker the more it was used. The birb would then bash Rein one more time while he tried getting back up but stumbling about, only to get thrown backwards due to his extreme disorientation and the hit. The birb only waved his hand as it would begin to spark, and shortly the disorientation would fade from Rein but still exist. "You can either leave now and fight another day, or get up and try to defeat me." Being all he would say, with a annoyed tone. The birb bleeding from the nose from the previous strike.

Kent Kent Blitzer Blitzer

Khadak lands

As the three investigated the sounds, they would soon discover the horses with a single bloodied person with a magnificent beard. It appeared that his clothing and armor breastplate was entirely covered in blood, and had a pipe in his mouth with some form of smoke coming out the other end. He had a dwarf sidekick, and he had long hair down to the shoulders. The black haired horse he was riding had bags on the sides like a merchant, and another horse had orc heads hanging off of it. He didn't appear to have noticed the three yet.

Crumbli Crumbli

Bandito Nation

The remaining seventy retreating would eventually have the Vanguard appear. 30 archers, 10 swordsmen, 10 with daggers, 5 with wooden staffs, 5 with a woodcutter axes, and 10 with makeshift spears. To the north, the village attacks would mostly succeed at first, but word would have spread before more were taken. Thus not only were they prepared, but some villages had reformed with others into larger groups of bodies for defense. In the south however, it was a massacre. Most of everyone fought to the death or ran away to safer ground.

Albion Albion

---------------------------------
Nippon

Kumiko had continued to help local villages/towns from at least most of their problems. In turn gaining more respect for willingly appearing to give up her life in helping others. After recently taking out a bandit camp which was terrorizing the local fishing populace, a entire small village of 10 people joined her after she offered better living and a better life for them. Meanwhile in Nippon, 5 people joined the cause. Effectively making 2 of the 10 major villages/towns on the island having agreed to Akiko's offers. However, 1 village entirely denied the proposition.

All the ships have gathered and forces would soon be sent down to the Unum's mainland. This would be a long endeavor however, as they didn't want to alarm the Unum about their presence. Ships of 5 people would be taken down periodically, eventually finding local villages that Kumiko had been to. They would thus be allowed there, and as they waited they would also help Kumiko in her task so their goals would be easier to achieve. However, they couldn't just wear military attire and wander around the unsuspecting populace. So thus the ones who would go adventuring with Kumiko would mostly wear "normal" attire to prevent suspicion.

Valabion-Ancintaine Border
The position of the white flag was approached with several different individuals. Sallying out royally, the larger Ancintaine force took themselves to the representatives with heavy organization, approaching with a few of their linemen. The green robed wizard had also traversed through the tense battlefield with the smaller Ancintaine defense, along with their retinues, signalling for a temporary peace call.

"If you are as innocent as you seem, which I doubt. I shall protect you. If you lie to me. I will let you fall. But if you speak the truth and it is noble enough, my life will be laid down in your defence" The wizard made the message clear.

"Cap'n, wizards are dangerous, and I think the guy with the smaller group's The Brown Cloak!"

Karl was taken aback the the presence of the professional mercenary, they wouldn't be able to win this fight, not even have a slight chance.

"We are mercenaries guarding the caravan you see before you. Commissioned by the Fierdsvain Company of Yormainia, giving the royal family a cut of our profits. My chosen name was Karl, and this warzone is at most a nuisance to us." He'd say, with the clear intention of tricking the Ancintaine to believing that they had no valuable wares, and they only had the defences they did, due to the benevolent company they were commissioned by.

Karl took the opportunity to send representatives to the wizard, before a potential clash. They were ordered to tell the wizard to help them if it came down to blows, and to accept any offer the man gave the representatives. Anything that he'd want, the representatives were ordered to promise to finish those needs.

"Village m'lord, the mage told us of a village with defences. Wizard wants us to uphold peace, did what you said.."

A village would have scattered buildings and weapons. Perfect for the untrained refugees Karl had in his party, and even the mercenaries would not have enough skill to properly organise against the Ancintaine militants, so the village was perfect. Karl looked over his shoulder, dull burnt countryside, the wizard was already preparing, waving around a strange book. If they'd join the mage, the company would likely be charged of war action. If they did not, there was a chance they'd be skewered by crossbow bolts and lances in a battlefield fighting the Ancintaine. The only thing Karl could do was bide his time as the Ancintaine realised that he had not come to attack, and the wizard finished dismantling their formation for a new emergency evacuation formation with the help of a few other mercenaries. Karl braced for the inevitable conflict.

General Deth Glitch General Deth Glitch general ostruppen general ostruppen H HeckingHeck

House Wisteria
Reinhardt smiled as he and the bird danced. He intentionally received the attacks from the bird to give him a little bit of hope of winning. He faked being disoriented and getting fatigue. While waiting, he gazed to the spectator's balcony and saw Zen signalling him to end this childish fight. Rein sighed and his magic fist brightened more. He then slammed his fist to the ground cracking the ground around a 20 meter radius from him. The fist also sent a shock wave to all directions. It would surely catch the bird unexpectedly making him lose his balance. He then immediately rushed towards the bard should he fly. He prepared another fist a couple times stronger than his recent one.

The House Wisteria has been getting a decent and constant source of income from their trade company and businesses. They are one of the richest people in the city of Scheherazade. Izana decided that it is time for them to get more manpower, so he released a memorandum to the city and it's nearby provinces that House Wisteria is looking for more people. They would be fed well, paid well, and treated well.

The House also made a move to extend their trade influence to the land and not only in the sea, so the House Decided to buy a few carriages and horses for transport of goods.

The White Cloaks has been keeping a close eye on the vampire god cult. They white cloaks are active at night as the vampires. They caught one and put him in the dungeon for interrogation. The white cloaks who focuses on clandestine operations has been tasked on hiring the bandits on the nearby places. They are promised to be given goods and weapons for loot as long as they follow orders. The faces of the white cloak agents were not seen and everything about them was unknown to the bandits.

Izana Wisteria has opened the doors of the Palace to the City Lord.
"Greetings, it is a pleasure to meet you." He said. "I am Izana Wisteria, the Lord, or let's say the Leader of this rather large group."
Kazami42 Kazami42

Khadak frontier
"Courage is in their water, but death in our air."

The three gallop to the isolated woods as fast as they can. It wasn't far from the camp but took them a minute or so to get to. The ranger keeps pointing out where he'd seen them and predicts where the two horsemen would be based on his abilities. The inquisitors take him at his word and eventually begin to trot through the treeline. The trees were thin to the outskirts but quickly grew thicker sporting all sorts of fungi and brambles along the floor. Their horses move reluctantly through the prickled vines. Elion takes note of this and disembarks his horse leaving it behind with his fellow inquisitor Halem. Halem takes the horses and draws them out of what little woods they had entered where they may remain in clear line of sight from the patrols of the encampment.
The wooded region appeared small from the exterior but the intense greenery suggested the opposite. A thorn plucks at Elion's hand, reminding him of being a child near the cathedral hiding in the shrubbery to escape a lashing for his misbehaviour. The ranger follows close behind him, drawing his dagger from his boot. The dagger was long, twisted, and thin. Much like Elion's. The two spy the horses in a small clearing in the woods and signal to split up. There was a beaten path that lead from this circle outwards towards the opposite side of the woods. Elion assumes this path to lead to the town, explaining the number of horses present. As he begins to head in the opposite direction of his ranger he keeps an eye fixed on the group. He was familiar with undergrowth. He knew it like the back of his hand, or so he thought. He places his foot on a strangely flat region and realises he was walking onto a continuous flow of the beaten path he had spied opposite of his original location.

Elion draws his leg back as quick as he could but is too slow to evade detection. The two speak in a language not yet understood to him and begin to advance on his location. He panics and tries to roll across the path to the other side, revealing himself to the pair. The shorter one takes a step back being on foot while the taller one who rode pulled on his reigns. The bearded man looks pitifully at Elion, seeing him as nothing more than a boy. They converse once more in a language unknown to him and the shorter one begins his march forward. He doesn't have a weapon drawn but has his hand extended with a rigid gesture to stay right where he is.
"Halfman, do you speak my language?" Elion's voice was firm and what nerves he'd lost in rolling in the dirt were regathered for this verbal confrontation. The dwarf looks back to the man on horse back and converses with him once again in this foreign tongue. It began to grate on Elion's nerves. "Halfman! I asked if yo-"
"We can. We speak many languages." The dwarf speaks with a sharp bite to his words and continues his hand gestures. "Explain yourself. Are you one of the bandits?" The dwarf's voice was sincere enough to pass as concerned but Elion saw through their clever disguise. Elion saw their murderous intents. That blood wasn't from the orc heads on the horse but from the smoke behind the woods. He grits his teeth and focuses his attention on the dwarf but notices a slight glint in the greenery behind them. His ranger companion. Yes! If he could get them close enough for the ranger to take care of the horsed man the dwarf would be easily dispatched with a well placed slash to the throat or thrust to the eye.

Elion holds out his hands and shakes them from side to side. His luxurious rapier open for display and his clearly noble clothing for them to see. His coin purse was full and by the way that dwarf inspected it, was something they were familiar with. "I'm no bandit. I'm a grave digger." The pair give a small chuckle as his ranger drew closer to the group. The ranger had broken through the undergrowth and was now in the open but out of sight from the two. If Elion could stall them for a few moments longer, and if those horses didn't spook, these nomads wouldn't stand a chance.
"Mighty fine clothes for a gravedigger." The bearded man gestures to Elion's attire and then his rapier. "I didn't realise that gravediggers needed weapons to defend their honour." Elion holds his rapier with pride and looks at the man on horseback. "I stole the clothes, a plague's been running through these parts," he draws the rapier slightly before continuing, "and this weapon's to defend myself from those heads of yours. Too many hard hides around."
The pair nod to one another with the dwarf holding out a hand. "Let me take a look."
"Not a chance. I found it, it's mine."
"I think you'll find we lost one like that around here a day ago. You wouldn't want to be stealing our goods."
"I promise you, it's mine. You don't want to make this any worse than it has to be." Elion tries to keep his eyes off of the ranger as best he can. The ranger was closer to the bearded man now. He'd managed to escape spooking the horses by gently petting their muzzles as he stalked through them and lowered himself to the ground on the opposite side of the black haired horse. The bearded man scoffs at Elion and begins to dismount his horse. "You can steal my goods over my dead body!" Before he manages to dismount his horse however, the ranger springs into action by jumping at the man with his dagger being focused on his throat. "That can be arranged!"

The bearded man turns to face the new voice and experiences his skin being torn apart by a strange weapon he'd never seen before in his life. He was clearly an excellent warrior but he was caught off guard and thus, he fell in battle. The ranger rams his dagger on a downwards angle into the bearded man's throat and wedging it in his Adam's apple. The bearded man falls back having the dagger ripped out with a violent spray of blood. His foot is caught in the stirrup of his saddle and his horse is spooked by the sudden pulling and aggression. The horse begins to run forward down the path towards Elion and the dwarf. Elion dives to the right into the brambles and feels three of the thorns catch his cheek but don't get the chance to stick as he rolls out of it. His clothes take many more thorns but come off with little markings short of dirt. He looks behind to see the bleeding man being bashed along the path until he eventually comes free of the stirrup and rolls face down into a pile of twigs and leafs.
"You bastards! You killed him!" The dwarf looks at the pair and decides to flee the fight. He rushes over to his former master and throws himself at his side. He rolls the dead man on his back and runs a shaking hand down his carved up throat. "You monsters!" Elion gestures for the ranger to gather up the other horses that had begun to run. He nods and begins to sprint after them through down the path. Elion looks at the dwarf and brushes himself off. It was just him and the apprentice now. "I'm not a gravedigger nor a monster. I'm a lord. I'm an inquisitor." He draws his rapier and begins to close the distance between him and the dwarf. The dwarf looks up at him and takes the sword from its scabbard upon his hip. "You're also going to need to add dead man to that list." The dwarf stands and begins to charge at Elion. He was upset and that rendered him unable to think properly about his actions. Elion lifts his leg and draws his dagger from his boot, effectively using two weapons designed for two different jobs.

The dwarf swings his sword diagonally from his right arm, narrowly missing Elion. Elion shuffles back on the path and tries to identify something he could use to further ensure his victory over the dwarf. While reach was something he had an abundance of he wanted to make it more talented and less of an exploitation of his natural abilities. He spies a low jutting branch, broken and pointed towards the path. He smiles to himself. The dwarf throws another swing at Elion and he decides to take the bait, parrying the blow as best he could with the vastly different sword styles. The dwarf is left exposed and for a moment and Elion closes the distance. The dwarf raises his sword for an overhead swing but Elion places his rapier horizontally in the way of the sword, bringing his stiletto dagger up and ramming it upward into the palm of the dwarf through the wrist. The dwarf screams out in pain and lets go of the sword, Elion accepting this by dragging his rapier along the dwarf's wrist. While there was very little cutting if any, it was intended to be a terror tactic.
The dwarf's knees begin to buckle as the pain is too much for him to bare and Elion shows mercy. He sticks his leg in front of the dwarf's, pushing his back as he caved in the aimed direction. He falls forward into the jutting branch and is impaled through his right eye. The dwarf screams for a second but is quick to stop as his body shakes and spasms on the tree. Elion sighs at the blood now drenching the front of his clothes and leans over to the corpse to pry his dagger from the dwarf's wrist. It was messy and unnecessary but he felt it was a suitable demonstration for someone who collected heads. Savages deserved savagery. It was the circle of life. Traditions must be respected even when not his own, and so he respected those of his ancestors and the savages. "I'm sorry, half man. Your sacrifice was not in vain. Your horses will continue our crusade. Rest now."

Wentigo
Over the past days of discovery and news of the Khadak hordes, the Faevol Collective has waited for them. The small village expanded slightly with more rocky fortifications. Battlements and gates had been made. Polished and blended with the jungle to make things less obvious, yet the village was much more visible now. On the inside, the architecture was changed. A wispy, bubble form took shape over the traditional blocks and triangles. The statue of half rock and half ice stood in tune with the rest. Elegant arches stained in symbols of the Collective; a distant relative of ancient human scripture with a distinct influence of elemental markings. Two fires burned without fuel, a novice of fire would fling the fire into the air briefly and puff light over the jungle. Many of the Faeron were restless with the Khadak possibly on their tails. Who would they strike next after their current is finished? Some had started to sneak out and observe the hordes, even stealing from camps as they could. As the issue pressed more, Jack called forth his courage and enlightened the collective on his father's religion. Passed down from the male line of the family since unrecorded history. While Jack was unsure what sort of divine mishap he would stir. He knew that his "family" would need something to believe in. The worry in their eyes troubled him, but he knew that the ancient chants would come naturally.
---

My mind remembers the first time my family had gathered on the first crescent of the month. The crescent resending into darkness. At least my family followed that calendar. The smell of the jungle spices and fruits licked across my nose, it wasn't a bad smell, but the smells of home always calmed me down. Voices within the crowd ticketed across the stage of my ears, the arches of the pool hung overhead with a lit fire on the sides, the benches filled quickly, the swirling clouds of dust wrapped around me. I stood slowly as the last stills.

"Hello, my brethren! I've spoken of this night for ages. For suns and moons, you have waited patiently for me to find the will to present you Clarum Somnium. In great luck, the night dreams. On this night, the moon is only a guide to our minds. Let me tell you of a legend lost to the modern societies, lost to all but my family.... On a warm night, a small child had gone missing. Marks of his legs crawling against the sands had been apparent. Those of the tribe, they searched countless miles for the child as they could hear its laughter everywhere. Every corner of the earth they searched until they returned heartbrokenly. On the last night of their red harvest, a teenager wandered into camp. His cloak of waves danced around his naked body. His iridescent hair gleamed as he strolled to his old home. They held their breath as he laughed. His teeth white as snow, his eyes pure and bright. He held out a hand to his mother, kissing it as he kneeled before his father. His father speechless as they asked him how he lived to be a man. He only smiled. His fingers pointed up to this very crescent. He spun around in the sands of the beach, letting white light gather around him. Voices of a thousand spirits chanted as he spun. He stopped as his baby brother ran out to him, as they hugged for the first time. The light wrapped around them. He pronounced his name as 'Kyre" and his baby brother only mouthed 'I know'. With a moment to spare, Kyre rose with his brother, guiding his tribe to a cave filled with crystal. He stopped at the helm of the cave and sat. He urged the others to lay still in the night. He spoke to them as I do now and of the same things."

I clear my throat as they wait, "There are things in this world the elves know nothing of. Kyre spoke of a fabric made of souls. Our souls were once such part of the fabric, but then we became part of this world. Have no fear, this is natural. When we perish, our souls reconnect with the power we collect here and make the future stronger. That everything you do will only benefit the world as long as you do not harm it. Yet, do not be afraid to use it. This world is like a reactor, made to make us stronger. The troubles of the world will make you stronger, and when our time here comes to an end, we will be reunited with our families and loved ones as they are the links in the fabric. No distance can separate you from them as your souls will ever be connected. Now you ask of the creation of the fabric. Yet when you ask, don't you feel the answer? You see, we collectively made ourselves and this world. We are our own creator. Kyre, through his loss and his adventure, realized this. He became our own prophet. Now let me continue with our tale. After Kyre spoke of the fabric and its ways, he vanished again. His baby brother went with him. However, Kyre left something behind. He left behind an image, a light. Every first crescent, the light would appear and entertain the tribe. It has been told that on these nights that men have seen the future, that some had made contact with loved ones from the grave, that miracles had been made. I fully believe that this night is sacred. As tradition and teaching from the many visions of the seers before us including Kyre, to never sleep until you can no longer on this night. If you see things, do not be afraid, as they are intended. Your soul is touching the place it belongs, it is seeing the plan of this place and you are deciding it. Everything of oddity is of your mind. Your thoughts are echoing across the world. Our gift is not something to look over. We are new, yet we behave as Kyre. He glided across the water as an elemental. We are his kind, we are all prophets to something. I believe a new age is coming, and we shall see it through. Our destiny is the plan."

"A voice once told me of these things, as my father did. Yet, it said so differently. It seemed more as a memory to it, and it asked me if I remembered as well. Honestly, I didn't. I don't know why it talked to me. Yet, I feel that I am a cornerstone of the plan. Now let me guide you on your first chant. These chants are words past down from our others in the fabric to commune us with our power above. Follow me and over the nights to come, I will sermon you more of the teachings known as Clarum Somnium."

I raise my hands, letting ice twinkle around them as I sang. I felt the drums, the chimes, everything else come in as I sang. The others... once they started, they made each note perfectly. At the end, I smiled. The others, they were convinced by it alone. But I had a feeling, other things transpired. However, I will let it be. Such things come as they will.

----

The Next Morning Heading to the Hordes through the Forests and Jungles

As planned, I set out with Daryl on the front setting path for us in the jungle. The hordes made progress, making this walk farther. Yet, I don't mind that. I still hear the chant from last night. Mavyel giggled as her shadow strolled around me. I roll my eyes, "What are you doing now?"

She adjusted her battle dress, "Just grabbing your attention, so... what was your family like? Did you have any siblings?"

"My father was an excellent detective, my mother a banker who managed to keep a job. When I was cast out, she was pregnant. I don't know if I have a brother or a sister. Maybe even two little siblings. Something I really want to know. Maybe they are like us. Maybe..."

"You'll find them again, just trust me. If they're like us, we'll recruit them. The resemblance is hard to not see you know."

I sigh, "Right, let's keep moving everyone. These hordes will threaten everything. Once these grounds are destroyed, we will lose our abilities to grow stronger in the fabric. Daryl, make through the forests, we can't let the hordes pick us up before we have some loot and dealt some damage. Roger?"

"Ye Jack. We'll be by Halem, then we'll across the backlines."

Crumbli Crumbli Kazami42 Kazami42

Lutz startled and slowly drew his knife. Whatever was poking him wasn't good. At least whatever it was would have to suffer. He spun around ignoring the beautiful lady.

Kazami42 Kazami42

Users who are viewing this thread

Back