• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Land of Lynthia

KatsaNovari

Voice of Reason
Please post all questions and comments you may have about the RP here. Thank you! ^^

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I'll sit back for a bit - I have a lot to keep track of, and a lot of the RPs I'm already in are like this one.

@TheJipan

That's a shame, but like BPG says, we understand! ^^

Thank you nonetheless for the consideration, I hope you have a blast with your other RPs!

@Yonsisac

Thank you!!! 8D

I did my best, and it was very well worth it!

I love it o3o....Now that the character thing is solved would make my human

@Yonsisac

Awesome! ^^

@Everyone Else

I have a question for all of you, actually. How do you feel of letting "gifts" be known to everyone? I had originally decided to hide that as well as everything else cause it might be more fun to discover them from RP, but then thinking it over and having it pointed out to me, it might be better in the end if everyone was more familiar with what everyone's characters were capable of, and gives everyone a better idea of who they are.

I, personally, usually prefer to know other's abilities in an RP and get a certain feel of them (which would be a bit unfair, even if I am the hostess of the RP, to know everyone's character abilities but everyone else is left in the dark). My own character will have her ability shown once I get around to editing her form, as well as including her strengths and weaknesses and possibly personality. The same will go for King Jair, who will be an important character in this RP but not a main one.

I'll let you, the Rpers, decide which you would prefer ^^

I may go with having some of the info be known about character's gifts, but if for some reason you'd rather keep your character's ability secret, please let me know why in PM and we'll see if we can work something out. Otherwise, please tell me what you guys think here!

Hmmm well...i dont minde actually xD because people alredy know there abilities by reading there CS and leting the Characters know in the RP would be interesting in my opinion...But i dont minde if its kept a secreat and/or people are aware of the power each have so im good in my side with this ^^

Personally, my reasoning for talking to you about this is to make it so that players have a deeper understanding of each other. Powers, background information, and unimportant bits of trivia are all useful for helping another player write up meaningful interactions for that character.

Plus, if a player starts doing things that don't fit their powers or background, we have to rely on the GM to catch that, and, though I am confident in your abilities, everyone makes mistakes and overlooks things. Making it so that every player can see what the characters can do makes "slipping through the cracks" more difficult.

I agree, especially about the part with character interactions. For instance, let's say a character named Larry had the ability to glimpse into someone's dreams. Someone, who finds interest in this, could request that Rper of Larry to spy on their own character's dream the next time the 'group' stops to rest, which could create an interesting scenario. Also, at the same time, we wouldn't run the risk of Larry taking a peek at someone's dream the Rper may not want him to have seen, at least at that point in time.

Of course, I also understand why a power may want to be kept secret, which is why I'm offering the alternative to have the "secret" PMed to me so I can determine if it's a good enough reason, and then what may or may not be revealed on the Character Sheet itself to add to the mystery.

Oh of course, that's perfectly understandable. To be honest, it would also put less pressure on me, and the situation can be discussed as a group (so long as things don't get out of hand and one person isn't being ganged up on, mind) rather than based on one set of eyes.

hi, I'm interested in your game but am currently somewhat busy, I'll have a character up in a couple days

I kinda need help in character apperance :/ ....not to good describing Characters,can anybody help?

well my Character is a female elf,what i have in short is her height,hair,eyes and Build :/

Yonsisac said:
well my Character is a female elf,what i have in short is her height,hair,eyes and Build :/
Then what would probably be best is to flesh out what you do have. Use a thesaurus and references pictures to get some good words to use.

Generally speaking, you don't need much more than what you have, but defining clothes is good, too. A simple two-sentence summary describing what kind of person the clothes belong to and what jewelry they have will do well.

@Archangel

Oh wow, you put so much work into your character, I had to sit down to read through it all. ( ´ ▽ ` )ノ hehe

As well I have to say I cannot wait to interact with him.

I absolutely LOVE mentally unstable characters and, just, oh wow with such a mixture as this group so far I can tell this will be interesting, haha.

@BoysPlantGraves

Aweh, tank yeh! That made me very happy ^^

I have to second what you said about the characters with a screw or two loose... I probably roleplay with them more than with normal characters. What that's says about me, well...

And I have to say, your character looks really amazing~ Trust me, I'm not just saying that because you complimented mine, it's true~ He's well written and just.. Well, awesome.

Thinking about starting this RP makes me excited as the characters submitted are already great, and there's still more to come!

@Archangel

I am exactly the same, I was so very close to making a second character with a more alarmingly insane persona though I didn't want to in some way accidentally start enjoying him more then the little Jem. *pats Jem*

But oh wow, compliments will get you everywhere boyo, haha, kidding. But thank you so much, I have just finished a quick explanation for his personality and oh wow thank you. :) *confidence increased by 10*

Jem will just be so concerned for Zion for a large portion of the roleplay, they'll have an interesting relationship for sure!

Yes exactly, makes you wonder what other types of characters may come strolling in!

@KatsaNovari

Unfortunately due to some personal issues, I won't be able to have the activity to participate in any roleplays for a few weeks :(

Will people be able to join in whenever, or will it eventually become a closed roleplay?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back