• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The King's Keepers [Characters]

Other
Here

SapphireSkylines

This is the official character thread for The King's Keepers, otherwise known as the harem RP I cooked up. Here are a few things to keep in mind before submitting a character:

1. I'm only allowing six players into the roleplay - one king character, and four consort characters aside from my consort character. It will be an extremely hard decision since I'm sure everyone will have interesting concepts to share. Reason for this is because I want this to be a small group where we get to know eachother ICly and even OOCly. If bigger, more community-esque RPs are more your thing, then this wouldn't be for you.

2. This RP takes place in a kingdom known as the Under Dark, which is the underworld of earth. There are many different races that reside in the underworld but the primary playable races will be the following:

Demons - A human-like race with horns and sometimes a tail. They can have different colored horns and different colored skin tones, and even tongues. They are the most intelligent race and the most dominant race in the underworld, they are also the race of the royal family and many noble houses that reside in the imperial city.

Faunus - Faunus are a human-like race with at least one animal feature to their body (think the faunus from RWBY). They tend to live in clans in small villages outside of the imperial city and tend to be led by a matriarchy, sometimes a patriarchy if the current matriarch only has male heirs. They tend to enjoy a more rustic lifestyle, but there's also city faunus that value city life and luxuries over their more tribal cousins.

Vampires - Vampires tend to be nobles, aristocrats and wealthy merchants within the imperial city walls but there's also vampires who are in the lower caste as well. They work alongside the demons to keep the peace within their civilization. Vampires need the blood of faunus, werewolves or animals to survive otherwise they will die of thirst. Unlike all the other races, they are immortal and time does not age them. The only way to kill a vampire is by beheading them.

Werewolves - Allies to the faunus, but they have tense relations with the vampires. They've had a tense rivalry with the vampires for as long as anyone can remember. They are usually human-like in appearance but can turn into wolves when they desire. Sometimes younger werewolves struggle and will transform and get out of control but after some training and education from their parents they tend to keep better control of their wolf side. Like the faunus they tend to live in small villages out of the imperial city or live in it as middle class citizens.

3. Here are some general locations in the Under Dark that I will get more detail with later:

The Imperial City - This is where the royal family resides and where most of the RP will take place. It's a big bustling city full of trade and commerce. The palace is a beautiful site and overlooks the whole city.

The Emerald Woods - They call the outside of the Imperial City the Emerald Woods, but it doesn't look so green. Maybe it would look green if there was sunlight in the underworld, but unfortunately it's dark most of the time. It usually just looks like it's night time all day, every day. You should bring a torch or lantern with you if you decide to leave the Imperial City. Some villages in the forest will be lit up. Beware though, some dangerous monsters can roam in the forests if you go too deep. Try to stay on the main roads.

Finally here is the character sheet! Use the basic skeleton in this and feel free to add as much as you want or need to:

Name:
Race:
Appearance: (Short description or picture is fine.)
Personality:
Backstory: (You can edit your backstory over time or wait until there's more lore on the world available. I understand that I don't have much lore on the setting right now.)

Name: Mena Blackfang
Race: Werewolf
Appearance: 173114F7-F85C-4ED6-BCD1-6FDBCC0A647E.jpeg
Personality: Mena is a proud woman, who believes in her power to make her tribe obey without having to raise her voice. In her opinion, a leader should be able to command respect by more than being the largest or loudest person in the room. If things do get to the point where she feels she has been challenged, however, she is fully willing to settle the matter in battle, or some other test of skill.

Backstory: Mena was the oldest daughter of her tribe’s leader, her mother. Her father had little power, simply because her mother saw him as unfit to govern, which he resented. One day it got to the point where he challenged her, and instead of waiting for a time and place to be set, as was their custom, he killed his wife on the spot.

True to her predictions, however, he had no idea how to run the tribe. As unrest grew, Mena took the time to train harder than she ever had before, and gather support with the rest of the tribe. When it finally came time for her to challenge him for leadership, there was no way he could get the advantage of surprise.

Mena refused to kill him, however one of her sisters did, and there was no blame set on her. Mena was a much stronger leader, and her tribe is one of the most successful of her species.

Name:
Arisia

Nickname(/s):
The Sealed Curse Of Darkness

Race:
Human/Demon (Will be explained below)

Appearance: (Human form/Outer shell)
8680833c4600a807060fd14b5e046931.jpg

Height:
5'7"

Weight:
54kg

Eyes:
A vivid light and sparkling blue (pictured above)

Hair:
Pearly silver (pictured above)

Scaring/Markings:
Two large scar like markings on the sides of her head just above her ears, hidden by hair unless she showed it, along with two large scarring lines on her upper back running beside and below her shoulder blades, almost like ripped off wings.

Other features:
Often has hair tied up into a bun as shown above though achieves such by having it longer on one side, this means if she'd to let the bun down she has one side of hair that runs down to her shoulder whilst the other remains a bob like form curling around her chin.

Personality: (This applies both to herself and the demon held inside)
Innocent, pure, worrisome, caring, compassionate, bashful, timid, easily confused, oblivious, trusting, kind hearted, secretive, mysterious, walled (in the sense of her emotions), protective, loyal, powerful in spirit yet weak in heart, fearful of hurting others or herself, charismatic naturally, cute, determined, hides away, hurtful, jealous, spiteful, malicious, lusting, doesn't want to hurt anymore, optimistic.

Theme song:

Other:
Longs to one day have a child of her own, to be free of her fears once and for all.

Backstory:
Story- Once upon a time there was a little girl, that little girl travelled across the lands, hoping dearly that one day she'd find her parents, over and over again that little girl called out their name, though never once showed an ounce of sadness, always smiling and showing care to those around her, one day, that little girl got lost a long, long way away from where she thought she was home, the darkness crept across the land and trees branches howled with whispers, each shadow seemed to flicker and plans seemed to curl and twist, yet she still continued, brave as ever in appearance throughout the scary forrest. It was then she stumbled upon a strange man, this man had no face, no body, but atop his head sat a pair of crooked horns, the little girl approached with no fear once again, just like she had before so many times.

"Mr" she asked, "Why are you out here in the forrest all alone?" her words rang out and the shadowed figure turned and looked with what one could only assume to be confused eyes, "Well" he began, "Why are you out here little girl?" he replied, the girl stood still, thinking for a moment on her answer before slowly bringing out a reply, "Because I'm looking" she answered, the man raised a non existent brow, "Looking for what if I may ask, there is nothing out here, you have come too far from the town, from the villages and fields, the sun and light- it does not enter here. It is dangerous, there is nothing but hate and pain on this road, no place for something so small as yourself." he continued to explain.

The little girl watched and listened, though at the end of his words her smile simply widened, "It can't be all that bad out here" she chuckled in return, innocence flowing from her each and every word, "After all, you're out here aren't you" she finished, grinning with closed eyes, the man was taken aback, stumbled a little before staring directly down at the girl, now furrowing aforementioned non existent brows, "Do you not understand girl? this place is full of monsters, beasts that will break and hurt such a tiny soul, you must turn back now, return to where you came from" he continued, the girl shook her head slowly, eyes softening in glance, "I came from nowhere, and I have nowhere to go, there is nowhere for me to return to, and nowhere for me to be" the words carried such sadness despite her expression, the man watched and waited in silence, turning thought after thought over in his mind, "Well then, surely there is some reason you came here is there not" he let out in a muse, the girl nodded slowly, though did not answer, "What was that purpose then? There's no reason to loose such hope as to come here" he muttered, turning away.

The little girl could be heard scuffling around in the small satchel at her waist, an object that carried all her lively possessions, the man turned back the girl, if nothing more to make sure she wasn't hurt by his words, but instead laid his eyes upon the most beautiful of small pink flowers, "For you!" she girl let out with a smile, arms reaching up as high as she could towards the mysterious man, "What- why would you give me this?" he asked, slowly reaching out towards the blossoming plant with clawed fingertips, a single spark of colour in the otherwise grey and black world he and her had come to be surrounded by, the little girl tilted her head to the side and smirked brightly, "Because, since I can never have it, I've decided to make everyone else in the whole world happy! And you're the final one" she whispered, the man hand suddenly trembled, recoiling from the plant, "Just what will happen when I take this flower?" he asked, the girl simply moved it closer once again, with a small sigh the man grasped the plant taking it gently from the girls soft and pale fingers, "It means-…. I can finally cry" she stuttered, crystal blue tears beginning to run gently down the girls cheeks, yet that small smile never left her face.

The man stared sorrowfully at the sight, and slowly bent down on one knee, "Do not cry little one, I beg you please…." he mumbled, gently stroking a hand against the little girls head, "In return for making me happy, I shall give you a gift, a gift that you will never be sad, or lonely, ever again" he let out as she cried, expression softening as he leant in and rested his forehead against her own, a small spark created, a mixture of light and dark itself, yet instead of grey, that light shone so brightly you'd believe it to be a star.

Arisia- "I don't know why I remember this story, or why I hold it so close to my heart, but it's all I really know, so I will take it with me forever, I promise that, no matter what, I'll never loose my smile."

cfb1a3ebe6f13e31e5d7742debb2f674.jpg

Name: My’Lika Tui

Race: Demon (Soul Eater)

Sometimes Called: Eater, Soul Snatcher, Devourer, The Hungry.

Appearance: In her ‘regular form’ she stood about 5ft 7in with smooth dark skin. Her hair so long it would drag on the ground if not tied up. She had two impressive horns protruding from her head that sat above her long pointed ears. Two sets of feathered wings, a large pair and smaller pair. Her eye colored changed with her mood, mainly being white with a soft glow. She also had a long tail covered in fur as white as her hair. In her tail, she usually carries her staff. That’s where most of her powers and souls were held. (See back story)

In her ‘Soul Eater’ form her height grew too about 6ft 5in, her eyes became completely red, and her skin would turn totally black. Her long white hair turned into black, wispy smoke. Rough patches of skin would form over her breast, butt and lady bits. Her normally blunt nails sharpened and increased in length(basically she grew claws). The feathers on her wings would shed leaving only the skeleton. And the shape of her horns changed.

Personality: Very straight forward. Putting aside her ‘dark’ nature she is actually quite bubbly underneath. Rather try and keep peace than make enemies. Growing up in a small village, she is very family oriented, taking her relationships with other beings very seriously. Once she considered you worthy of her friendship and support, which isn’t lightly given, she would defend you with her last breath. As friendly as she was, she was more ruthless. And didn’t take well too liars, betrayal, and anything under handed. She appreciates blunt honesty, even if it hurt her ‘feelings’. Her kind have a reputation, and when surrounded by unfamiliar faces, she would put on that ‘unfeeling, souless’ mask.
In her ‘Eater’ form all that bubbly personality took a back seat. And she embodies what her kind is known too be. In that form she only answers too her family and those who held power above her.

Backstory: Her kind lived on the outskirts of the Emerald Woods, where they were cast out more than a few centuries ago. The term ‘Soul Eater’ meant just what it said. They survived off eating the souls of other beings. So it was rumored for quite some time that they lacked actual souls themselves. This was before anyone had thought too devote time into learning the ins and outs about her species. They were feared because of what it took too satisfy that hunger. It took an exiled Vampire too shed ‘light’ on the inner workings.

That Vampire discovered during his exile, living among them, that the rumors did them no justice. They possessed their own soul, so too speak, and only needed too feed every now and then. They actually ate regular food, and only Fed when the Hunger struck. The Feeding was too sustain life, keep them young looking and strong. They could live forever if they choose and kept feeding when the need arose. So seeing a Soul Eater become old and lose strength meant they were close too the ‘Fade’. When a Eater Faded, they have lost all zest for life, having lived as long as they desired, he/she will stop feeding, letting the body break down slowly as age finally caught up with them.

Once the Vampire decided too attempt too return too civilization, he vowed too present his findings too the Royals. And he kept that promise. From there the powers that be felt it was time too make up for errors made so long ago and offered the Soul Eaters a place amongst everyone else. But, used too the seclusion, they denied the offer. So a deal was struck! There occasionally was someone who was deemed a criminal, because even in the UnderWorld, there were laws that every creature must abide too. And when the crimes committed were so bad the creature was sentenced too death. It was those lawless creatures that were promised too the Eaters. Instead of filling dungeons with beings who lived almost forever, the Royals decided that they were too be at the mercy of the Eaters. Making them executioners and prison keepers of the UnderWorld. Also giving them a supply of souls too devour when the Hunger struck one of them. If the being was sentenced too death, the soul would eventually be Devoured. The only ones that couldn’t be Devoured were other Eaters and Vampires.

Once your soul was pulled, you died only a physical death. Your soul lived on, inside the object of choice the Eater possessed. Eaters described it as an enternal sleep. Some Eaters, like My’Lika would store the souls into an object that was on their person all the time. Almost like a ‘mobile fridge’(LMAO), where she kept the souls granted too her should she ever need too sate her Hunger. Others kept them inside a enchanted chest, hidden somewhere in the Emerald Forest. (That’s where criminals would either live out the time sentenced too them, or await the day they would be Devoured.) My’Lika would pull the soul from the orb sitting on top her staff, and Devour it, ending the life of that soul, renewing her life and strengthening her and her prowess. The Hunger only came about every 60 years or so for My’Lika. Some could wait longer too feed. The shortest time recorded was 50years. Too this day, not a Eater alive could explain why. Some thought the stronger the soul you last Devoured gave more time. Some thought it was the prowess of the Eater. There were many beliefs. But only on thing for certain, the Hunger came and needed too be satisfied.

For a long time her kind was happy with the deal made with the Royals. But time went on and they lost many a Ruler too the Fade. The newest Ruler decided time on the outskirts was over. And moved the Eaters closer too the Imperial city. That same Ruler had his eyes on the prize. He wanted his kind in a higher position in life. He wanted his kind too be more then executioners and prison guards. So when word got out the the Royals were looking too add to the current Harem, he decided the Soul Eaters should throw in their lot, taking a chance at that position and security he so desperately sought for them. Trusting no one else with this delicate situation, he sent his only child My’Lika in hopes she appeased the Royals and earned a spot in the Harem. Giving her kind a new outlook on life, with hopes that they would stop the age old shunning they still experienced from time too time.
Regular Form: Top picture. Eater Form: Bottom.7DF69F63-652C-46D3-8288-65A22A93D033.jpeg2A83117D-C9F4-4C0B-ABDD-E0699B664D1C.jpeg

Last edited:

1538239680548.png

Zain Agathangelos

Life is

βasic ɨnformation:

Character's Name: Zain Agathangelos

Race: Half vampire/half demon

Appearance:

• HEIGHT • 6'6" and 2.01 m

• WEIGHT • 89.4 kg and 197 lbs.

Build: Lithe but has muscle

Eye color: Heterochromatic eyes; Left eye is a bluish gray and the right is amethyst

Hair color/style: Silver white pulled into a half ponytail.

Summary: Zain appears to be always in an immaculate state of appearance when meeting with nobles or other races, but in actuality, his appearance is only forced onto him as he isn't very 'kingly' with his appearance as he tends to go into situations that always seem to get him dirty. But he always seems to have fun with his position of being king.

But an

Personality:
Zain may as well have a duel sided personality. His court personality is borderline stoic and cruel when dealing with his kind or others he rules in the Under Dark but let it be known that he does a soft side with his court personality, though it is rarely shown. His other personality, one that could give one cause to do a double take, is quiet the opposite. He isn't stoic or cruel but calm and curious.....Much too curious for his own benefit. The castle staff have lost track of how many times their king has gotten into a mess that wasn't his fault but caused by his sudden appearance to said location of what he was curious about. He often curses his inability of sight for his curiosity that leads him to quite a number of embarrassing situations and palm slapping in frustration situations as well, as his consorts can attest to. More than anything, they're the ones finding him in the situations and come to expect a crash or scream of bloody murder to be their king getting into an unavoidable situation he got himself into.
Illusion

Nicknames: Teddy Bear (in private), Nightmare fuel, Walking Disaster (this one will be explained in backstory)
Of Time

Role: King

Origins: Zain was raised to be the king of Under Dark since he was born, but from the hour he was born, he was faced with uncertainty. He wasn't much like many vampires, as many drew their strength from the blood they drank and magic from their blood. It was a rare genetic anomaly, he was able to use crystals. Beautiful and gorgeous in appearance, deadly and cruel when used in battle. But while many could use the magic in their veins from their hands or making symbols appear to make the magic work, Zain had to use a special crystal that had grown from his own body to use any sort of magic. His magic isn't something to mess with, using the crystal in tandem with blood magic makes him very difficult to defeat in battle, as he often has crystals hidden in places to sense where his opponents are. His way to the throne was also paved with a bloody swath and in the end, he became king. He never let out he was blind to anyone in the castle as he always seemed to be impeccable in keeping his eyesight trained on people at all times. It was never known to anyone that he could see 'auras', a work around his blindness but even then, he would be confused as each aura changed color based on the emotion the owner was experiencing. It was only after the staff had left the kitchen when Zain had slipped in to get a snack but his 'sight' only gave him auras of living beings and in so doing, caused quite a ruckus with the numerous clangs and bangs going on in the kitchen, making all the kitchen staff rush to see who was cause such a commotion to only discover their king, covered head to toe with spices, flour, milk, and egg yolk. The kitchen itself was quite literally covered in crystals and the cookware was damaged beyond repair. It was learned the king was blind and it became a rule to never allow the king alone in the kitchen, again. He had gained the nickname, Walking Disaster from the kitchen staff and it took a different appeal to those outside the castle. He loves his consorts but they often are the ones getting him out of the situations he gets into.

Code by @Starfish

Last edited:
1.jpg||Name|| Siris Scor
||Age|| 200
||Gender|| Female
||Race|| Faunus
Personality: You either love her for being a ruthless, badass who wants to burn it all down, or you hate her for being, well, a ruthless, borderline evil diva who wants to burn it all down. But love her or hate her, you have to wonder what’s going on inside that woman’s head. Siris is a manipulator and will use anyone as a pawn to get what she wants. Although she isn't completely cynical and has a few people whom she remains loyal too. She has her way with words and is known for having a silver tongue most wouldn't want to go against her words. She has a bit of dark humor and enjoys alcohol having an extremely high tolerance for it. Siris isn't easy to trick or get around she over analyzing every move you make. She is a woman of lies and making a deal with her is signing your soul to the devil.

Backstory: Siri's entitled upbringing gave her a core sense of entitlement and power. As an overcompensation for his wife’s death, Siris's father engaged in enabling the behavior. Instead of parenting like a normal father, he swept controversy under the rug and lavished his children with golden privilege. He was like a particularly bad father, buying his brat daughter useless things, just to shut up her whining pie hole.

Only Siris was never an idle fool. Without the guiding force of a nurturing female figure in her life, she learned to study her father and the powerful men around her very closely. She admitted as much when she says, “I should’ve been born a man.” Out of her privileged upbringing sprung an unparalleled thirst for power, yet, it did not provide her with the compassion or sense to be an effective ruler.

Name: Yuki Nebiri
Race: Faunus
Appearance:
5df4a5ab8fa51977fd0bd82907b45b38.jpg
Personality: Yuki is a very inquisitive girl with an upbeat attitude, she enjoys learning new things and exploring. She is caring and loyal to those she is close with, but she has a rebellious side. She enjoys her freedom and the luxurious the city can offer outside her rural roots.
Backstory: Being the youngest, Yuki was raised with less responsibilities and restrictions than her elder sisters who were both being groomed as future matriarchs. This led to her freedom to explore the city and grow accustomed to the luxuries it provided.

Last edited:
110062011.png

Name: Eira Frost
Race: Arctic Fox Faunus
Personality: She's very quiet and introverted but she is kind and loving, as well as extremely empathetic. She'll often feel what other people are feeling and laugh with them, or cry with them when tragedy strikes. She's also very well mannered, and appears timid around other people but she may surprise people in conversation since she is very intelligent and will defend herself in a debate if necessary. Since she is very much an introvert however, she is not very good with large, elaborate parties, only intimate gatherings of a few people. She's also sensitive to loud sounds and bright lights and will often dim the lights in her room and prefers more calming, relaxing music over loud, upbeat songs.

Backstory: Eira was born into one of the very rare faunus noble families - the Frost Family. She grew up near the Imperial City in Frost Manor which was only twenty minutes away from the city by horseback. While Eira had a privileged lifestyle she still underwent a strict academic curriculum which included history, mathematics, reading and writing, and the politics and culture of the Imperial City and the Emerald Woods. However, Eira's favorite subjects were botany and herbal healing. She became a very skilled healer, often healing injured manor employees for free when they couldn't afford an actual doctor. Her kind nature and healing skills eventually reached the royal palace and got the attention of the royal family. She visited the royal palace quite often, sometimes healing some attendants while there. Over time she got closer to the king and then, the two got married and she became a royal consort. She now tries her best to support her husband as he runs the Imperial City. She treats him and her fellow consorts like family and loves them all dearly.​

Last edited:
Name: Sitsuka
Race: Demon
Appearance:
92a3674ff103156e67df16ff9d2fa6ec.jpg
Personality: submissive demon girl, even though she's petite she's ready to do what ever her partner would want her do. She's bit childish and adventurous. She likes to look people doing naughty things. She doesn't like women with big "assets" and booty as they have often teased her from her build.
Backstory: She's one of lesser demons who doesn't get wings and to her misfortune she also grew up petite build, so that she was bullied to be submissive even by her parents. She hopes that being king's mate would give her some authority, but even her subconsciousness knows what she really wants.

Last edited:
Veltsu VI Veltsu VI
I can't see her in the rp. She has almost no personality other than being submissive. And her backstory...She has no backstory, and no way to explain why she is submissive and how she became a King's consort.

01.jpgName: Creon ii Rampur 'Lake'
Race: vampire
Appearance: Standing at 5'6 Creon has manly features although the way he dresses usually takes away from his strong features.
Personality: Creon, first of all, detests being named by his real name which has a negative impact on him. He's smart and knows how to get what he wants which explains why he's a consort to a king despite being a boy. Lake can seem intimidating with his dark green-gray soulless eyes and his poker face those who have just meet him wish they hadn't. You can easily get him angry even the nicest of people will trigger him. He is the master of revenge he plays plain dirty and never truly tells the truth. He is extremely impulsive he can get so overwhelmed by a certain idea that he can react impulsively to it. Creon has this idea that the fewer people he trusts the better his fear of opening up to people has always been his weakness. Despite being able to read people very well he usually ignores his gut feelings. He is a logical thinker and always has good advice in any situation he always seems like he has a solution for you yet when it comes to himself he is utterly lost.
Backstory: Lake was born into a rotten family his mother was nowhere to be found and his father would constantly remind him of how much his mother was a hoe. The stories he got about his mother was that she was off with another man that she never cared about her son. Because of his mother's absence, Creon lacked the empathy that most boys had. Despite his lack of empathy, his father made it up with a whole lot of whipping and locking up your kid in a cellar. Lake's father was brutal a complete sociopath he was a general after all although he wasn't trusted by anyone near the king. Creon was different though he wasn't like his father he wasn't a fighter he couldn't stand the sight of blood which is unusual since he is a vampire. Creon being forced into a soldier by his father stepped out and usually helped on the diplomatic side. His strategies weren't like smart they were tricky and dirty but the truth was that it worked.

For a while, everything was well, his father wasn't paying attention to his son which is what Creon wanted. Maybe it was because Lake was on the inside he was getting closer to the king but only as a friend an ally that he could use to better succeed as king. Creon's father had this wonderful idea to wed his son to the king Lake knew his father wasn't right up there but he didn't think it was that bad. He would be forced to dress as a woman at first no one knew it was him but people started to catch on. It was something you couldn't stop from happing but at the time the lie came out Lake opened up to the king, at least that's what he wanted to do instead he just covered a lie with another one. Telling the king that he's always had feelings for him and since he could never love a man he tried to be a woman. The results were unexpected although he didn't kill his father ( which Lake wanted badly) he married him. Lake likes to believe that it was love and not pity. When they were married the king gave Creon the new name of Lake which resembled his eyes.
((p.s. sorry for the grammar errors I was trying to get something out tell me if you can't understand it I'll patch it up ))

Last edited:
That Poppy That Poppy XD Zain wouldn't hurt Lake at all. He would understand where Lake is coming from, to a certain extent, and condemn those who did this to him. To him, his consorts are his family and he will defend them with everything he has.

That Poppy That Poppy
Nope. Zain is....I'm wondering if you can see his CS. I may have to bring everything out so those who use mobile....XD I'm in college. I'm just adding some NPCs to the rp so everyone can know who is who in what position. You can request an npc made by me or SapphireSkylines SapphireSkylines

Users who are viewing this thread

Back