• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

Digital The Joy of Painting

BlueClover

*Jumps Through Window*
Hello there! This is my first time actually posting art on this forum so here it goes! As you could probably tell from the title and the piece i'm going to show, I had help of Bob Ross. Just drawing this was really satisfying so I hope you like it. If you have any constructive criticism you'd like to give me, please go ahead! I'd love to hear :D
Screenshot (42).png

Heya!

I got some critiquing for you! First off, if you already do this, feel free to ignore it, but you should use references. It's a great way to have consistency in your piece and it obviously helps you a great deal.

Second, you should use a BIG brush. When you start your piece, it's better to use a big brush! Doesn't matter which one, though I'd suggest using a hard one and staying away from soft ones so you learn to render shapes better. Also, start big and progressively make the brush smaller to add details as needed. This lets you "sculpt" the drawing and helps you better visualize planes in your objects. Minuscule detail is not important when you map out your drawing.

I'd suggest starting the drawing off with black and white, so you can place your values better. The backside of the mountain kind of blends in with the sky, which means the sky's values aren't as light as they're supposed to and that the backside of the mountain should be darker, since it's in the shadow, so to speak.

Furthermore, the perspective of the pine trees is inconsistent with the perspective of the mountain and they stand out too much and get a lot of the attention away from the main focal point (the mountain)

Overall, though, I like it and you should definitely draw more!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back