Other The Journal of Gwynn Sorenshield

KingofAesir

Ghostly Presence
coded by xayah.ღ

A Journey

Preface

Greetings, one and all. This little thread here is going to function as a journal of sorts for my 1 billionth Skyrim playthrough, just to flex my writing muscles that have been dormant for a little bit. Updates to this might be a little sporadic, as I only get to play on my days off and as such only get to further the journey in increments.

The character I'm playing as is an Imperial noblewoman from the Blackwood region of Cyrodiil. Gwynn Sorenshield is the only remnant of her family left, as assassination ended the lives of her mother and father. An attempt by an enemy of the Sorenshield's to gain political power. Gwynn, lucky to be alive, escaped Cyrodiil and boarded a ship in Necrom, Morrowind meant to take her around the coast of Tamriel to Solitude. This is where we begin.

Beginning
coded by xayah.ღ

Tirdas, 19th of Last Seed

I should have never left Cyrodiil. This entire journey was the worst mistake I could have made. I do not know what I was thinking. I should have just retreated to the Imperial City and begged the Emperor for asylum or gone anywhere else than the wasteland that is this godsforsaken province.

The ship that was supposed to take me to Solitude sank just off the coast of Windhelm, I believe. I stumbled across a lighthouse once I'd swam my way out of the wreckage, lucky to be alive and freezing. I had hopes there would be people inside to asist me in finding my way, as my map was ruined in the water. How terribly thwarted I was. They were all dead. The entire family that had lived there. By the Gods, they had only wanted peace and they got death for that wish. There were journals left around and i gathered what I could from their writings. My heart could not allow me to ignore this tragedy so I plucked up an axe from a shelf and made my way into the basement.

A cave of Falmer! At least, I think they were Falmer. The creatures reminded me of thr stories I used to hear from Father's guests from Skyrim. But it wasn't only Falmer, there were other things there. Terrible, bug-like creatures that made my skin crawl. I nearly died trying to eradicate the nest, but I'm glad I did. Perhaps my efforts will prevent anyone else from stumbling into their demise. It is fortunate I had some training with weapon and flame.

I made sure to tend to the family's remains before I lefr, cremated them in the light house fire and sent a prayer to Arkay for their souls. May they rest peacefully now.

When I dragged myself down the mountain from the lighthouse after resting, I stumbled into a town called Dawnstar. Entering the inn, the Windpeak they call it, had me stumbling into a conversation between townsfolk and a Dunmer Priest of Mara called Erandur. I learned that the town and her people have been plagued by nightmares as of late. A conversation with Erandur led me to discover that the aource of these nightmares was a wicked Daedra Prince. Vaermina, Prince of dreams and nightmares. I thought it odd that Erandur knew so much about this dream plague, but he seemed to want to fix it so I offered my help.

Erandur lead me to a temple above the town. Strange there should be a temple dedicated to a Daedric Prince so close to town. He and I entered the temple and Erandur seemed to know his way around quite well, he even knew of a magical sleep of some kind that had been cast upon the people inside. Orcs had attacked the temple, he said, and the priests had been forced to release something called the Miasma. I admit, I did not quite understand much of what we discovered there but it was no surprise to me when Erandur revealed he had been a Priest of Vaermina in this vert temple.

Perhaps it was foolish of me to so readily trust a man who had lied of omission, but there is strength to be found in a man changed. Erandur was not the elf he used to be and so we continued on. I drank a potion called the Vaermina's Torpor and entered a state known as the Dreamstride. From what I understand this is a method of travel, through the dreams of others, that transports one to that spot in the real world. I relived the moment in Erandur's life where he released the Miasma when he had been Casimir of Vaermina. It was astonishing, this Dreamstride, Mother would have lost herself in its study.

My walk through Erandur's past led me to be on the other side of a magical barrier thag had been blocking out way. Incredible! We were able to continue forth. It wasn't until the final chamber where we met the men who used to be Erandur's brothers. They called him Casimir and branded him a coward for his actions. We were forced to kill them, I cannot imagine the toll this took on my new friend. Alas, we had no other choice. The Skull of Corruption was the root of these nightmares and we had set forth to destroy it.

While Erandur was performing his ritual, I was called upon by the Daedric Prince herself. Can you believe such a thing!? Vaermina spoke to me! She commanded me to kill Erandur, accused him of lying to claim the staff's power for himself. I drew my weapon, feeling as if I had little control of my own limbs. But, this man had fought by my side and told me the truth when it mattered. Everyone, even once Daedra worshippers, deserves a chance to change. I did not kill Erandur. I do not know yet if this will garner me the ire of a Daedric Lord, but I am strong in my conviction. Erandur destroyed the staff just as he said he would. The nightmares that have plagued Dawnstar will be no more.

Twice in the three nights I've been in Skyrim have lead me on quests for vengeance and closure. As I write this, I'm beginning to retract my beginning statement. I've stumbled into adventure and made a new friend. I think, perhaps, I will hold back on my lamenting of my situation and make the best of what Fate has given. Skyrim may surprise me yet.

Note, the bard in this inn is terrible. I should remember if I find myself here again. She is beautiful, but there is only so much beauty can do when you've got the voice of a dying horker.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back