• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern The Island (Stranded)

Azalea

Elder Member

op79qa.jpg

You are a member of a prestigious boarding school located deep within London. It's summertime, and you, along with your many classmates are being flown to Australia over the break. In this midst of the flight over, an engine malfunctions and the plane crash lands on an strange island, in the middle of what you assume is the Indian ocean. You have no means of communication, and all of your material belongings were destroyed in the crash, save for a single dusty suitcase, and every single adult was killed in the crash. Problems quickly erupt, such as the need for food, shelter, along with a leader. But the most detrimental problem is you are not alone on this island. Will you survive on the island, or will you destroy each other in the process?

--

Any interest? This will be a small group role-play that doesn't require a large amount of people and I'd like it to start up immediately.

BigHippo8 said:
Ah - hah! I take it this is derived from Lord of the Flies?
You have my interest!
You guessed right! xD

One of my favorite books and I wanted to see if I could adapt a role-play from it.

I am quite interested in joining this role play... Ever since watching "Lost", I have found myself wishing that a story such as this one would appear! :)

Just out of curiosity, what do you expect out of the role players? I generally prefer rather lengthy and detailed posts, but the decision is ultimately up to you.

[QUOTE="Dear Inspector]Just out of curiosity, what do you expect out of the role players? I generally prefer rather lengthy and detailed posts, but the decision is ultimately up to you.

[/QUOTE]
I'm glad you share my interest C:

This would be at least a few paragraphs per post role-play, which is my preferred method as well.

Great! While I have nothing against those who would rather write shorter posts, I have trouble getting involved in the story is the format does not read at least somewhat as a novel. I am quite excited to begin this role play; hopefully we can start soon! :)

We only need about two more people, as this is intended to be a small group role-play where everyone can take on two to three characters, as people may die quite a bit with the plot I've developed.

Ah, death always does add to the dramatic affect of it all, doesn't it? I do like your idea, however... I become irritated with shows and stories in which all of the characters survive impossible situations. By killing off some characters early, the story will seem more realistic. And waiting for a little bit longer sounds good to me. You've only set up this thread earlier today after all. I think you're doing pretty well with all things considered,

@jacunliffe[/URL] and @lucille of course, there is space for more. We have just enough people now.

I'm going to get the main thread ready, and I'll put a character Bio thing down for you all. These are due by Saturday, so we can begin as soon as possible.

Character Bio

(as stated before, these are due by Saturday on the new thread that will be posted tomorrow)

Name: (Last, Middle Initial, First)

School Year: (1st year, 3rd year, etc.)

Physical Appearance:

(At least a paragraph, including a picture (Please NO anime) )

Personality:

(At least a paragraph)

Biography:

(At least two paragraphs, and to clarify this should be your characters history)​

Sounds good... I'll be sure to finish my character sheets by the due date. Good luck with the thread!

Hey, sorry I didn't get my characters up today; I had science fair presentations the whole day... I will get them up first thing tomorrow. :)

Alright...

Since just about everyone has their characters up, we will begin. I'll post the opening post within 30 minutes. If you haven't finished your character yet, or haven't posted one yet, I suggest you do now, before the opening post.

And... Its been Posted

Users who are viewing this thread

Back