• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom The Inuzuka - Hyuga Bet

Arabella Cauwell

Harry Potter and Asian Drama Ambassador
Title: The Inuzuka Hyuga Bet
Fandom: Naruto
Pairing: Kiba x Neji
Place: Konoha
Summary: In which Kiba bets that he can get anyone to fall for him and Neji is the one they choose.

Kiba Inuzuka was a pretty confident guy, for all his Mother tried to break him of that. In his fairly short time on this planet he had gotten in and out of a fair amount of scrapes, but overall he had a pretty happy one for a ninja. The years had been good to him if he did say so. He was no longer the scrawny pup of his family, but an alpha type with big muscles and taller than at least half of his friends. He was a chunin now, after a lot of hard work, and often went on dangerous missions, many times with close friends.

After one such mission he and the fellows who had accompanied him had decided to go to a local bar and let off a little steam. It was a seemingly odd assortment of fellows, but they were all friends for a long time. Kiba looked around the table at Naruto, Shikamaru, and Shino with a grin before taking a swig of sake, letting out a sigh of contentment after it settled in his stomach. As usual the topic somehow went off into Naruto’s never ending search for Sasuke. Kiba rolled his eyes as Shikamaru shook his head,

“Seriously Naruto every time I see you the name Sasuke comes up. You’ve got a serious obsession, why don’t you just find him, knock him out, and drag him home to live with you already. You’re clearly into him.”

Naruto spit out his drink in surprise before giving Shikamaru a wide eyed look,

“I do not!”

Kiba let out a low chuckle,

“Come on Naruto it’s seriously the most obvious thing in the world. I bet you half the village is like ‘Just get married already.’ I mean you guys literally made out in class when we were just genin.”

Naruto huffed,

“We did not! Shikamaru pushed me into him.”

“Well I didn’t hear either of you say no, and that still doesn’t explain you stalking him all over the planet.” Kiba pressed as Shikamaru nodded.

Naruto, not liking where this was going, decided to deflect,

“I am not stalking him, but I think you three need to worry about yourself. It’s not like any of you are getting any affection either.”

“That’s an interesting and somewhat accurate statement concerning my relationship with Temari.” Shikamaru said with a bit of a smirk.

Shino shook his head,

“I’m just not interested in the moment, not like it would be easy to get someone who will accept my bugs.”

“I can get anyone I want thank you very much, I’m just choosing to be single at the moment,” Kiba said as he licked the top of his glass, “after all I’m the sexiest in our class.”

“Pshh you are not. All the girls always went after Sasuke, what the hell are you talking about?” Naruto pressed.

Kiba shook his head,

“I said I was the sexiest, not the most popular. A lot of women…and apparently you think that Sasuke is so cool and attractive because he has no interest in anyone, but if any of you dated him you’d see he’s just a cold fish and sooo not the sexiest. I’m really the diamond in the rough.”

Naruto let out a snort as Shino conjectured,

“Then why did you never end up dating Hinata?”

Naruto nodded,

“Yeah, everyone knew you had a crush on her at some point.”

Kiba lifted his glass and let the liquid inside spin a little before letting out a laugh,

“No, everyone thought I was into her. I was just protective of her. You don’t have to like someone just because you want to protect them.”

“That may be true, but you did seem particularly interested,” Shikamaru added, “I’m fairly observant and I thought you wanted her myself.”

“Guess I had you all fooled. Trust me if I wanted her, I’d have had her.”

“You seriously think that you can get anyone you want?” Naruto questioned intrigued.

Kiba nodded with confidence,

“Yes, anyone.”

“Would you care to make a bet?” Shikamaru continued, hands suddenly folding in front of him.

“I guess it depends on the bet now doesn’t it?”

The other three looked at each other and nodded,

“Should we make the bet for money or pride?” Shikamaru offered.

“Either way I’m going to win so losers choice.”

Naruto snorted,

“How about the loser has to dress as a girl and declare their love for Kakashi-sensei?”

“Don’t you dress as a girl for fun already?” Kiba questioned Naruto.

“Why specifically Kakashi-sensei?” Shino asked curious.

“I do not, that’s a jitsu.”

“Still, you don’t seem to mind that…but if we are going to do it this way then I think since I’m the one that has to succeed I should give you what you have to do and you can decide together for me. Deal?”

“That does seem fair.” Shino pointed out.

“Fine Kiba then pick one for each of us.”

“Good. If I win then Naruto has to dress up like a girl and confess his love for Sasuke, Shino has to actually wear something that shows off his face no glasses and confess to…Kankuro-”

“I have to go to the sand village?” Shino questioned.

“I have to go even further than that for mine why are you complaining?” Naruto said annoyed.

“And Shikamaru also has to dress as a woman and tell Temari that he wants to be the girl in the relationship.”

Shikamaru paled,

“Wait…no, I’m backing out. This is my whole life we are betting.”

Kiba snickered,

“No take backs now, isn’t this what you wanted.”

“I still don’t think its fair. If we fail three things happen if you do you only get one.” Naruto said frowning.

“That’s what you get when its three against one, but I’ll tell you what. I’m very confident that I’ll win so I’ll even accept one dare from each of you.”

“In that case I guess it’s fair.”

“Naruto already picked his, so what about you too.” Kiba questioned to the others.

“Wait a minute when did I pick mine?”

“Before you said you wanted me to dress up as a girl and confess to Kakashi-sensei.”

“Do I have to stick with that?”

“I don’t personally care, but it is what you choose.”

“Fine I guess that’s still okay.”

“Shino?”

“Hmmm well I guess I’d just choose a hangout. Maybe a night out.”

“You want to go on a date?”

“However you have to classify it is fine by me, I just usually get left out of stuff so it would be nice.”

“Okay then…odd request but I’m down. How about you Shikamaru?”

Shikamaru tented his fingers together in front of him looking serious,

“I’d prefer to keep mine a surprise for if it happens. Is that a problem with you?”

Kiba let out a laugh, continuing to act cocky,

“No, like I said I’m going to win anyway.”

Shikamaru smirked back,

“Excellent, so let’s talk terms. First, we get to choose who you seduce. Second, we need to make an agreed upon time frame. Third, we have to identify how to tell if they’ve fallen for you.”

Kiba nodded,

“I agree to you choosing, the time frame would depend on the choice I’d think, and how about a kiss.”

Shikamaru shook his head,

“People can force kisses. We need something like an event or something a little bit more intimate than that. And the time shouldn’t matter if you’re as good as you say you are. Let’s make it a month from tomorrow.”

Kiba sighed,

“Fine we’ll figure something out about how to show it. A month seems reasonable. But I do need to know who you will choose.”

Shikamaru nodded before looking at the other two,

“Do you mind if I choose who? My life is kind of on the line here?”

Shino shook his head, as it didn’t bother him either way.

Naruto pressed,

“We should make it Hinata, I’m sure he couldn’t get her the first time.”

Shikamaru shook his head,

“Trust me Naruto I have a good idea and I have the most to lose.”

“You do? Have you met Sasuke?”

Shikamaru stared,

“Have you met Temari?”

There was a pause before Naruto said,

“Okay fine.”

“Excellent,” Shikamaru said looking over at Kiba in triumph, “We choose Neji Hyuga.”

For a moment everything was silent and then Naruto spit out his drink,

“Neji Hyuga? Does that guy even have feelings?”

“He’s the only person I know more asexual than I am.” Shino pointed out.

“Great choice right?” Shikamaru said with a smirk.

Kiba rolled his eyes,

“Why on earth would you choose him? Since he’s a prude you don’t think I can manage it. Afraid a girl is too easy?” Kiba pressed.

“Maybe, either way you already agreed.”

Kiba sighed,

“Fine then, at least he’s pretty.”

Naruto laughed at that.

“Well then we’ll meet up in a few weeks to figure out how you can prove it. For now you’d better go home and rest up. This is going to be a hard one.”

And that was how Kiba ended up on a mission to seduce one Neji Hyuga.

~

It was hard to figure out how to get Neji’s attention. When he wasn’t on missions Neji spent a lot of time on his own property with his family. So Kiba thought his best bet would be to attempt to visit Hinata and see where it went from there. So he contacted her and asked if she’d like to hangout, possibly practice. In recent years Neji had been more protective of his cousin than before so he figured if he practiced with her Neji might come to check it out. It was certainly worth a shot.

Entering the Hyuga manner was always a bit unnerving. It was like the Hyuga’s waited for you to do something wrong, not that Inuzuka’s had a very good reputation according to the Hyuga’s so that might have something to do with it. Either way since Kiba was a work associate he was lead in by one of the lesser known Hyuga’s and placed at a table. Before he could so much as blink twice tea was put in front of him and a statement that someone would be in to see him as soon as possible. Kiba brought the tea up to his lips and took a sip, before looking around, wondering if Hinata was home or who would come to greet him.

Neji Hyuga really never was the best and socializing nor maintaining any sort of friendship. His team was close of course though it has always been a little annoying working with Lee and Gai Might . They were a little too eccentric for his tastes. However that never stopped the two from Giving extensive lectures whenever they could about how he needed to “live a youthful life and explore his horizons with other individuals.” Whatever all of that meant. It could have meant a million different things from those two. In his mind he thought they were referring to his lack of socializing especially in the area of romantic relationships. That was definitely something he had been lacking. It was hard for him to even think about making those kinds of connections when he had so many other things to worry about. From training to missions to aiding the Hyuga family there was very little time for Neji to really meet anyone.

In the Courtyard was where Neji spent most of his time while at the Hyuga estate. He was training easily with the training dummies wanting to continue practicing his Jutsu and his hand and footwork. He stopped when one of the other members of the family told him of someones arrival. He wasn't expecting any visitors nor did he know of any that were suppose to arrive today. He was confused by this but kept his face straight as he walked away from the training grounds and inside the home.

"Our guest is in one of the waiting rooms," the woman explained to Neji.

He nodded and made his way to the waiting rooms. Opening the first one he was greeted with the sight of the guest he had been told about. He quirked a brow as he examined the ninja before him, slowly closing the door behind him.

"Is there something you need Kiba?" Neji asked as he walked over to the table and sat down across from the other ninja.

It was not like Kiba was a complete stranger or anything. They had been on plenty of missions before and had been a part of the Sasuke retrieval squad when he had first left the village. He eyed the ninja trying to see if he could determine what he had wanted before it had struck him.

"If you are looking for Hinata she is not here. She has been out training all morning. She won't be back for quite a bit so you should probably leave," Neji said narrowing his eyes as Kiba knowing his game must be to try and date his cousin.

Kiba smiled when he looked up to find Neji seated in front of him. To be honest Kiba had a lot of pick up lines for ‘Is there something you need Kiba?’ In fact he had so many that it would have been hard to choose. There was the classic ‘You’ which could express the sentiment well, or ‘Mouth to mouth,’ maybe something like ‘a Senpai.’ The sky was honestly the limit with a statement like that, but Kiba reeled it in for the time being as he didn’t want to scare the older boy off before the games had even begun.

Although he wasn’t thought of as much of a strategist, even Kiba knew some simple rules particularly about seduction and more animalistic in nature. Step one is don’t scare off your prey. In the human world that meant that you should get to know them and help to make them more comfortable with you. In order to seduce Neji he was going to need to know a lot more about him than that he was an overprotective prude from a snooty, rich family. He needed details and it certainly seemed like he was getting the chance to acquire some right now.

He was pleased that the other boy sat across from him and should probably have been offended that Neji clearly asked him to leave, but he actually found it somewhat…cute as it was clear that Neji believed he knew his motivation for going there. Kiba wasn’t sure why, but people constantly thought he was after Hinata for some reason. The Inuzuka didn’t quite get it since Hinata was clearly obsessed with Naruto. Maybe it was because he treated her like pack that they’d assumed his overprotection was romantic in nature? Either way although he did consider her hot she wasn’t his type. He ran his fingertips over the tea cup in his hand as he tried to consider his next move. Then he decided,

“Well in all honesty I was looking for Hinata. She promised to meet me to train today, but it seems she must have forgotten. That’s too bad since I think I came up with a few moves that could render the byakugan useless in a fight.”

There was step one. He had nonchalantly just pointed out a Hyuga induced broken promise and pretty much nonchalantly boasted that he could take down the main staple of the Hyuga clan. Such dishonor would not likely be tolerated by a Hyuga…or so he hoped. He certainly had a few moves he’d like to try on the older male. But patience was everything wasn’t it?

But in case that wasn’t enough Kiba decided to lay it on a bit thicker,

“But then again as she’s out training I suppose I could go find her. She’s probably lonely in some secluded wooded area somewhere probably, or maybe even underneath a water fall. Either way she could probably use some company,” Kiba said beginning to stand as if to go, but made sure to look at Neji as if innocently as he licked the edge of the tea cup and said, “thanks for the tea and information anyway.”

As if he had not purposely done that, Kiba gave an innocent smile and turned around as if to leave.

‘Wait for it-‘ he thought to himself, expecting that Neji could not just let any of that go, but wondering what the other boy would do about it. Would he offer himself as a training partner or let him go? Kiba couldn’t wait to find out.

Phase One had begun.

Neji couldn’t help it when his eye twitched at the very notion of someone trying to say that they could do anything to beat the Hyuga Kekkei Genkai. He hated to even think that someone had thought of some flaw in their armor especially someone who was trying to take advantage of his cousin. He got up when Kiba moved to leave the room. His words irking him more and more. Hearing him say he would go find Hinata was the last straw. He walked over towards the door and stood there with his harms crossed in front of himself.

"Well then if you have a theory you should test it with someone who won't go easy on you. I have very little intentions of doing so," Neji said, bumping Kiba with his shoulder as he walked past him.

Turning around to face Kiba, Neji explained where they were going, "Follow me. We can test your theory out in the courtyard," He said leading the way through the giant estate to the open courtyard he had just been training in before he was interrupted by Kiba's arrival. He caught one of the attendants of the estate that watched over everything and spoke to her.

"Ma'am could you please bring us some tea? Our guest will be needing something after setting him straight," he hummed, knowing Kiba would hear him wanting to make sure the other really did come at him with everything he had. He wanted to be able to see and understand what these move were that he believed rendered their Byakugan useless in fights. When the woman nodded and left Neji turned back to Kiba.

"Lets get started," Neji said standing a few feet away from Kiba with nothing but his bare hands. He took a deep breath closing his eyes and hiding away his Byakugan for just a moment until he let them shoot open. The charka veins pushing at the side of his eyes showing how the Kekkei Genkai was in full effect for this fight.

Kiba’s plan was working thus far. Neji was obviously pissed about the notion that Kiba thought he could penetrate the Byakugan style and that he would try it with Hinata. When Neji stood in front of him Kiba decided to look down and check out his prey.

Kiba had not really paid attention much to the older teams. Although of course he’d had some interactions with them, and he had seen Neji from time to time when visiting or working with Hinata, but he’d never really took the time to look him over. Now he did as the man stood in front of him for a minute or so arms crossed in front of him. In truth this bet was not going to be too horrible. Kiba had always liked the Hyuga’s looks, minus the creepy vein-like Byakugan look. Still he wasn’t lying when he said he’d never really crushed on Hinata, because although she was beautiful Kiba was never attracted to her personality.

Hinata was sweet sure, but she fell into a category where Kiba wanted to protect her rather than kiss her. It was also fairly evident that she had a thing for Naruto if all of the passing out and stuttering could be counted. But the man in front of him was different. Kiba was an Inuzuka so he preferred a challenge and very much like the dogs they worked with he wasn’t as choosy about gender as the average guy in Konoha. Neji fit the category of beautiful and challenging. His long hair and beautiful face was going to make completing this bet much more enjoyable, and he was suddenly very happy that Shikamaru and the others hadn’t chosen Lee or Tenten.

Kiba was also currently trying not to preen at the fact that he was taller than the older boy. Although he knew that Neji was strong it felt good being physically imposing. In fact Kiba made a bit of a show at looking down at the other man with a smirk as the other boy told him that he wouldn’t go easy on him,

‘Neither do I.’ Kiba thought with a deep chuckle, aloud however he said,

“Don’t mind if I do.” Kiba said leaning into the bumped shoulder, before turning to follow the Hyuga.

Kiba nearly laughed at Neji’s ‘setting him straight’ line. Boy was that the opposite. He had every intention of making Neji feel the opposite way. Not to be outdone, although he was not in charge of the attendant persay he still decided to say,

“You also may want to set up a resting place for afterwards. Neji might be quite spent after I’m done with him.”
The words dripped with innuendo, but were well hidden enough that it could be taken as more of a threat, not that he delivered it like one.

Neji told him to get started and Kiba nodded, a predatory smile set at the other. He was not quite expecting Neji to jump into the Byakugan quite yet, so his plan shifted ever so slightly, but he still believed he could do it. Judging from the muscle mass between the two he was confident that he at least had the other man physically speaking. Plus Kiba was not going to fight fair. Most Ninja fights were all anger or strategy, Kiba wanted to make Neji vulnerable, so he was going to use a certain level of seduction. But first he had to calm the other man down.

“Okay, so we both know that the Byakugan already has a somewhat known weakness in that blind spot. But since it’s such a small range it’s not generally a problem. Unfortunately the more people know, the more they can exploit right? But I don’t think that’s its only weakness,” Kiba said walking forward for now pretty nonchalantly, “you see I think there are some things Hyuga’s miss when they are using it as you’re only seeing heat signatures. So I have a theory. If someone does manage to touch you and you are shocked I think the Byakugan affect will actually stop. My second thought is that if an opponent can amass enough chakra or body heat I’m not sure the Byakugan could handle it. Wouldn’t it then be like looking into the sun, which would require looking away and thus distracting you long enough to deal a blow?”

Kiba was not Shikamaru, so he was not a strategist, but over the years he had seen a lot of the Byakugan from Hinata and had always been concerned for her. He was very protective of Hinata like a younger sister or even a daughter at times, which had made this analysis possible at all. He supposed all ninja’s had to analyze somewhat, but Kiba was only really focused on those around him most of the time, unless he needed it for a battle. He was definitely more physical than analytical either way.

“So let’s try that out.”

First Kiba needed Neji to drop his guard. He had practiced against the Byakugan a lot with Hinata, so he was better than the average person at reaching that blind spot and Kiba had a plan for that blind spot that would likely freak the other out, in one way or another. But Neji was much more of a genius than Hinata, even now, so Kiba anticipated it would be harder than usual. Still he was confident enough to try.

He had left Akamaru outside of the gate when he first came in as he knew the Hyuga’s frowned on bringing the dog into the sitting areas and he wasn’t trying to get kicked out today, but now he whistled calling to dog and petting him when the dog bounded in. If he was going to get to that spot he was going to need to distract the other.

“Imitation Beast Ninja Art: Beast Human Clone!” Kiba called, which shifted Akamaru into an exact copy of him, before Kiba weaved in and out with Akamaru to confuse Neji as to which was which, having done that Kiba and Akamaru launched from both sides.

He had to get to that spot and so the match began.

Neji really hated hearing the other talking about this little theory of his. Why? Well because he actually could understand the logic of it all. That really pissed him off. Something so simple he didn’t even think of it. He did everything he could inside to keep the emotion from showing on the surface, any break in his armor and Kiba would try and capitalize on it. He would keep his guard up even as Kiba slowly walked towards him spouting off his theories. To even think that kiba could be on to something was Annoying.

Watching Kiba as he whistled for the dog waiting outside the compound Neji began to calculate what kind of plan Kiba had in mind. It was definitely something he wouldn’t have let anyone know about him but he really did like dogs. Ninja dogs were useful and loyal while also having their gruff or playful features and personalities. Akamaru always did seem like a dog on the playful side of things though it was worse with him being so oversized practically making the world shake around him. Knowing how kiba’s Justu’s worked with Akamaru he would most likely be planning to confuse him.

As the two almost identical Kiba’s rushed towards him he readied himself in his stance for a rotation. As soon as the two kiba’s came near him he spun spreading his chakra out and trying to push the two of them back.

“It won’t be that easy,” he called out knowing the other was getting cocky over this whole ordeal.

A blinding light emitted from Neji as he made the first real move, Chakra rolling around like wind and creating the bubble of protection that Kiba often called the Byakugan. As Neji was truly a genius it was a lot stronger than Hinata’s, but unfortunately for his long haired prey, Kiba knew a lot more about the Hyuga’s abilities, then Neji knew of his. This gave him a distinct advantage in this particular match.

As Neji’s Chakra hit into both he and Akamaru on both sides Kiba instantly reacted,

“Fang over Fang!” he called, causing himself and Akamaru to suddenly look like a dust storm tornado, spinning around the half bubble of chakra.

Kiba and Akamaru began to spin very fast around the bubble weakening the circle as he went, finally he spotted his moment and signaled for Akamaru to distract by lunging forward towards Neji once there was enough opening of the circle.

With Neji, hopefully distracted, Kiba used Fang over Fang to launch directly at his weak spot, but not to stab it or poke it, no. Instead the second his body collided against Neji’s back he let out a playful nip, and then blew in the boy’s ear,

He wrapped his arms around the other boy demonstrating his manliness by height and muscle.

“Got you.” He teased, hoping that Neji would let his guard down and release the Byakugan so that he could begin Phase Two.

It had all happened so fast that Neji didn’t even get time to react to Kiba’s attack. Within seconds there were firm arms wrapping around his body holding him in place. The nip to his neck made him twitch but the breath against his ear caused a strange shiver to rush through his body. The position was embarrassing having another body so closely pressed against him like this.

Neji could feel the heat building in his cheeks feeling himself all against Kiba’s body. It was a strange sensation for him and he needed to get out of it. He had to keep himself calm though and act like everything was alright instead of the way his brain was going haywire.

Having Kiba touching him like this had definitely broken the intense focus he had needed to keep the Byakugan up. His eyes were back to normal and he was stuck in the more muscular man’s grip. He really didn’t want to admit to the other being right but he had to say something to him.

“I see you have some...very small...point,” he grumbled talking quietly because really he didn’t even want to hear himself say it.

Kiba was very animalistic by nature and being this physically close up he could tell that he was having some kind of effect on the Hyuga. Unfortunately he could not tell if the shiver was one of disgust or enjoyment, but Kiba liked to think optimistically, and would at least for now.

The Inuzuka gently lifted one hand, the other still holding the grip around the Byakugan genius. He gently caressed the side of Neji’s face to feel if the Byakugan was still in use and was pleased when he noticed it was not. The Byakugan was a technique that saw through people and caused the user to view the chakra more than the person. That would not work for phase two.

Kiba knew that he couldn’t take things too far, particularly from the get go, but he could still ‘attack’ without tipping his whole hand and hopefully without scaring the other boy. Akamaru, realizing that Kiba didn’t need him for battle at the moment transformed back and went to go lay down, keeping Kiba and Neji in his view just in case he was needed again.

For now Kiba listened to Neji’s clearly pissed admission. It was funny to Kiba that Neji didn’t yell at him about the bite, or mention how indecent it was to just essentially hug someone from the back. Maybe, since it wasn’t brought up, it was Neji’s own way of admitting that it wasn’t so bad? Kiba wondered, but decided to play the long game for once rather than rush in.

Instead he nodded making sure the other boy felt it in his shoulder by pressing his face there and nodding, before suddenly letting go, leaving the space he’d made warm cold once again as he stepped back in front of the boy. It was time for phase two anyway,

“I’m glad you can see why this may become a problem for the Hyuga’s if utilized by an enemy. But that’s not all I thought about. It occurred to me that besides disabling the Byakugan, there’s also another way to cause it problems and that’s making sure that it can’t form in the first place. What if someone were to create a visual that you or one of your clan did not want to escape for example?” Kiba said feigning innocence as he began to lift the shirt he was wearing slowly over his head and threw it over his right shoulder, “wouldn’t it be terrible if the enemies utilized something like this to exploit your family. Why just thinking about it made it so I had to come and warn you all.”

Kiba knew that he was physically fit. He had always been quick to acquire muscles and he’d been extra vigilant lately. He had a great body, beautiful skin tone, and confidence. He could only hope that such things mattered to Neji.

“What do you think? Is it a problem? Do you think you can come up with a counter measure?”

Feigning innocence was hard, especially when Kiba wanted to smirk and claim victory, but he bided his time. Phase Two had begun after all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back