• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic The Internet Kingdom

Maria Berhow

"I usually fall asleep on the floor of my workshop, so you can have my room if you want for the time being."

"No, no, no! Please, sleep in - Er, is this your room?" Maria had never been in a guy's room before - Well, she had now, at least. "You should sleep in your own bed. Please? I'll sleep on the floor. This is your house, after all, right?" Maria had to ask herself quickly why she was trying to sleep on the floor, but she decided it was because she was nice, and nice people did nice things like this. "So you should be prioritized before guests."

That made sense, right?

"Erm, I also sent you a friend request on your WAM device, if you need anything, just message me."

"Oh-" Maria pulled out her WAM and looked through it. She fumbled around in the menus for a while and found herself in a contacts menu, with what she assumed was Simon's WAM number and his name. She tapped 'accept' and put her WAM away. "All right, that's done," Maria smiled and stood up. "Finally, once the new day begins tomorrow, I can purchase that walking mod for you, and then proceed to teach you the basics of the Internet, like how to obtain money, how to get weapons, et cetera..."

"W-Weapons?" The thought of using a weapon scared Maria. What if I tried to use a weapon and I hurt someone I didn't mean to... Or anyone? I don't think I can hurt anyone... Maria panicked internally. Walking was a good thing, so the walking mod would be a good thing. She was still unsure of how she would find the money to pay for the walking mod, however, as she assumed it would be expensive - More so than she could afford without selling her ring.

He did not mean for silence to come of them, he was just thinking. As he sat in a near by chair he gazed into his hands as she looked around the

room. He was startled by the sudden voice but calmed down to answer. "Butler,body guard, anything around that area.

Oh and please don't call me by my stage name. Call me by my real name, Madious."
He sat back and crossed his legs, folding his hands and staring at her. "If you seek freedom i'd gladly make sure of it. But be aware of the adventure"

Tapping her fingers on the windowsill, a nervous habit she developed some time during her queendom, Priscilla pondered what he meant by "the adventure". Freedom would be nice... but could these adventures be that dangerous?

She turned to him and smiled kind of awkwardly. "I could probably pay you if you'd like, Madious. You seem like you're pretty capable, since you kind of fell right out of the sky when I met you. I don't know if I need a bodyguard, though. That being said, it'd be nice to have some kind of partner with me when I break out of the castle... Oh, and if I should call you Madious you have to call me Pri! No more of that milady stuff. It makes me sound so old and weird!" She exclaimed, widening her arms in an exaggeration and falling back onto the bed. Of course, she didn't angle the way she'd be falling back too well, and her head bumped right on the cherrywood bed posts that surround the cushion. "Owww..." she mumbled, rubbing the back of her head.

Simon "Gearhead" Legacy

"She's nicer than me..." Simon thought...

Simon sighed, and slowly proceeded out of his- er, Maria's room.

"Don't worry Maria, I really don't mind the floor." He stated, as he continued to walk out..

Upon reaching the doorway, Simon realized he was making a mistake.

"She doesn't understand... So she can't even defend herself, which could prove to be a risk, since bandits breaking in is such a commodity in the alleys... But I shouldn't scare her further than she already is." Simon thought.

"Hey uh, Maria?" He questioned, "What if I slept on the floor, not in my workshop, but in this room? Just to ensure that you know I really don't mind sleeping on the floor?"

Getting comfortable on the floor close to the window, Simon took out his WAM and quickly typed out a message to Maria.

"Let's get some sleep now." He messaged.

And to that, Simon immediately fell asleep, smiling subtly while doing so.

Anthony was walking towards the forest looking through his WAM. He was looking for any friends of co-workers who were still up. He finally found one in the town who allowed teleportation. Anthony teleported to him and then proceeded to the castle. He wound his way through the maze of a castle and stopped short of the Prince's door. He then firmly knocked on it waiting for response.

Maria Berhow

"Don't worry Maria, I really don't mind the floor." Maria wanted to continue, to insist that he sleep in the bed, but she thought about that for a second. What if he misinterprets that? What if he thinks I want him to... No, no, no! You don't, you really don't! It's not that he's...

Maria looked at Simon again. I'm not sure what he is.

"Hey uh, Maria? What if I slept on the floor, not in my workshop, but in this room? Just to ensure that you know I really don't mind sleeping on the floor?"

"Well... If you want..." Stop. You don't want to do this. "You can sleep in the bed with me. I-I mean, it looks like there's enough room," Maria stammered, her face getting noticeably red as she spoke. "Y-You don't have to if you don't want to, but... I just thought it would be more comfortable, is all." Maria climbed into the bed she had just been underneath and pulled the blankets that had been strewn across it up to her chin. "I just thought... Never mind. Sorry."

Maria's WAM buzzed in her hands - She responded with an involuntary "Oh" and pulled it out from under the blankets. "What's this? I got a message, I think."

"Let's get some sleep now."
Maria blushed. "Eheh, sorry... I'm talking too much, aren't I-"

But Simon was already asleep. He was laying on the floor, a smile on his face. "Er... Good night, I guess," Maria muttered. She rested her head on her pillow, shut her eyes and drifted off to sleep. Maybe this is just a dream... And I'll wake up in my room again this morning.

Simon "Gearhead" Legacy

Now in the state of dreaming, Simon was walking through a barren desert, a torn white cloak and small goggles replacing his more traditional every day clothing, in order to protect himself from the raging sandstorm he was about to walk into...

"No matter how much light you wear, your dark intentions will always show..." A mysterious voice told him, somewhat distorted by the sandstorm.

The sandstorm now raging even more, tearing Simon's bright white cloak to reveal his chrome black cloak underneath.

"No, this isn't the real person inside!" Simon attempted to assure himself from within his head, always being unable to talk within his dreams, or in this case, a nightmare.

"He died for a reason Simon, to protect himself from the evil that you really are!" The mysterious voice shrieked, getting progressively more distorted...

"H-how dare you mention him?!" Simon yelled in his head, immediately pulling out his signature pistol, now laced with gold, with a demon-like pattern on the side...

Firing quick bursts into what he believed the voice was coming from, Simon noticed the sounds of gunfire were replaced by the roar of some beasts, followed by sounds of death, indicating that he hit his target...

The sandstorm now gone, Simon ran over to the one taunting him, looking like he or she was about to die, Simon looked over and noticed the person resembled somebody he was familiar with for a long time, "Y-you?..." Simon asked sadly, the person nodded, the desert now crumbling around them, "Don't let another person you hold dearly die, Simon..." Were the last words from the mysterious individual...

And then Simon finally woke up to the blue sky, muttering in his head "I promise...".

Now quietly walking downstairs to make breakfast...

Hyde

As day comes so does a figure, the figure is a person and the person is searching. So far and he had spent the last few days hunting down a virus then collecting the reward but the endeavor had ended up breaking one of his claws and he heard there was some one who could fix it in the village. Avoiding the main road he soon got tired after hunting the virus and finding the place let Jakal take over for now.

Jakal

Jack found the place by maybe by chance, maybe by sheer intelligence frankly it was hard to tell. One thing was for sure, that he found the place The Gearhead at least, that's what he heard. He decided to make it quick no telling when he would come back so he knocked on the door in hopes of quick reply.

A day that reminded Taioth much of his days on earth. That seemed so long ago.

A day where nothing had happened. Nobody had come into the inn/store and nothing was happening outside except the heat of the sun blaring down through the front windows.

One that seemed to bore him most literally out of his mind, as he was currently in the process of Tying someones hand and knees together in a rather secretive backroom of the inn. Who this person was is unimportant, and if Taioth knew he would give no indication that he did.

And then the bells went off to signal a costumer entering the store. And he seemed to completely loose interest in his victim and blankly walked out of the backroom and into the main area, where he would most likely think he had just woken up fro ma horrible daydream, and the person in the back room, would, most hopefully as Taioth was unable to tie his hand properly, escape the consequences of one of of Taioth's glitches. Whether or not this is the case. Or whether he would report Taioth as a virus was similarly unimportant

Despite that, as he dutifully helped out the costumer who entered. And, back to normal, went back to his more savory daydreams of adventure.

Yes, he could just leave now and go on some quest in the land, But even he himself knew he was too weak. And no one would give him a quest to go on with much more capable hands on call. But that didn't stop him from dreaming about it.

All it would take was some tantalizing adventurer to come through the door. And whisk him off on a wonderus journey.. And so he dreamt until the next costumer came in.

(IF anyone could send a character in. It would be most appreciated.)

His job done, Kevin was stuck in that formidable time between jobs. He hated this the most, because it usually involved him wandering mindlessly around town with nothing to do. This wandering without a purpose always left Kevin feeling awkward. He needed something to do or he would find trouble, that was his thoughts on it. His gears were in his WAM, and if he couldn't get a new job soon, then he would find someone, if not to get a job from, to talk to. He blindly walked into what was labeled as an inn, and that was where he went. The ringing of the bell bringing his attention fully back to what looked like an uninterested person. A daydreamer, something Kevin used to be in his past life. He taps on the counter. "What do you sell here?"

@ModelZXGiro

Shade learned that the guards traveled too and from the castle with air ships. He easily snuck on board and waited until it landed at the castle. The night was dying, so he quickly snuck inside undetected and headed underground. From their he spent some time exploring. Every time a guard passed he wanted nothing more than to take him out, but an unconscious body would only arouse suspicion. He found the entrance to the prison and was shocked to see the amount of security at the front gate. He waited until the guards switched positions and snuffed out the light. He used this cover to sneak inside before the door closed. Knowing he wasn't in the safe yet, he quickly hid behind some crates and listened to try and see what the guards said about the location of his target.

The door would be answered by the Prince's servant, with a nod.

"Please, follow me."

Holding the door open for the Knight, eventually the two would be led up to a spiral staircase. It was way more wide, than it was long. When the pair reached the top, they would make a left turn and continue all the way down the hall to reach the throne room, where Jayce had been sitting. When the two entered, however, the prince would rise to his feet and walk toward the two - after taking a flight of steps down.

"Thank you Katherine. You may go back to your business."

Turning to the knight, Jayce would continue speaking.

"Hello, Sir Rizzaro. Would you mind giving me an update on the virus situation? And do you happen to have a general overview of knowledge when it comes to the local towns? I would like a status report."

"Well" Anthony started. He maintained a respectful position, but was shifting in his feet. He was taking more time than he thought it should have to capture a simple virus. "Shade has remained disturbingly elusive. I have no idea of his current location. I saw no other viruses on my travels, but there are more than there should be." He then pulled out his WAM and checked out who has come into and out of the closest town. He said nothing seemed new except for a few people who were in town that had not visited for a while. "I'll check them out, if you wish. Nothing new around any of the other near by towns. Why do you ask?"

Taioth was, in fact still daydreaming when he was harshly woken by the sound of the front store bells.

"Oh. Oh, Yes! Welcome! We have the finest parcels and drink, at the best prices!"

He repeated the line the store owner had taught him and he had repeated multiple times, rigorous memorization was good for him it seemed.

When he thought that, he suddenly wondered where the store owner had gotten to. As Taioth himself hadn't seen him for multiple days.

Assuming he was on vacation, of course, what else would he think?

Turning back to the current situation. He awaited the response to what this customer wished to buy or intoxicate himself with, either of the above were things easily done in a Tavern/Store.

(Back after a day and a half.)

Simon "Gearhead" Legacy

Walking slowly downstairs to the kitchen part of his combined house/workshop, Simon thought of what he could make with what he had, in a slight hurry too, as he and his new acquaintance had a long day of errands ahead of them, for now though, he had to focus on breakfast...

"How does she like her eggs prepared? What about the type of jam she'd like? No idea..." He stated in his head.

Grabbing a carton of eggs from the fridge, Simon decided he'd make them the old-fashioned way. Taking out a pan, proceeding to switch on the oven, and cracking two eggs whose yoke spilled neatly into the hot pan, Simon finally heard the satisfying sizzling sound...

"Now to work on that toast while these eggs prepare." He thought.

Slipping two slices of white bread into the toaster, Simon rotated the dial to three minutes and pushed the lever down, the bread, now converting to toast.

Waiting for what felt like an eternity, the toast popped, looking slightly burnt, but still edible. Grabbing one piece of toast and spreading blueberry jam on it gently, Simon grabbed the next piece and spread lemon jam on that one, placing the two toasted slices on separate plates.

The eggs were also finally ready, grabbing the sunny side eggs with a spatula and then dropping them lightly onto their respective plates, Simon thought of something...

"Refreshments!" He yelled in his head.

Grabbing two glasses from a cupboard and filling them both with orange juice, slightly spilling them, he planted the glasses and plates on a silver-coloured platter, which Simon immediately took upstairs.

"Please like lemon jam, please like lemon jam, please like lemon jam..." Simon repetitively stated in his head...

Kevin looks around the place, it wasn't too shabby, it was barely run down. But then again, for a place to get run down in the Internet, it would need a lot of use. Kevin looks over the boy, he seemed young enough, a little absent minded if anything. "Just something too drink." He thinks a little, "something strong." Why not, he was off work. He eyes the kid a little more, and thinks he sees something in his eyes, something sinister, but passes it off as a trick of the light.

Maria Berhow

Maria sat up, yawned and rubbed her eyes. She looked around to see the room she had been in the night before. "Maybe I can walk again," Maria muttered to herself. She pushed the numerous blankets that were on the bed off of herself - She stepped onto the floor and fell flat on the ground. "Ow."

Maria struggled back into bed and pulled the blankets back up to her neck - She rested her head against the pillows again and shut her eyes, but the door opened and Simon walked in with some food on a platter in hand. "Oh, good morning," Maria chimed with a smile. "What's all this?" She looked at the platter, which had eggs, toast and two glasses of orange juice. "D-Did you make this for me?" Maria blushed and looked down at her lap. "You didn't have to, really... Not that I don't appreciate it, it's just that... Well... I don't think I'm really worth it. At least not the way I am... I can't do anything for you in return as I am." Maria hated owing people - She didn't hate helping people or giving people things, but she hated it when she had to do things for people and she couldn't.

"Here, you have it, really. I don't think I should... I shouldn't have food. At least not until I can walk, I think."​

Luna had been wandering around forever, her feet growing tired. She was stuck in a forest somewhere, a trail of ice behind her as she walked trough the forest. She sighed, twirling her scythe. She had nowhere to go, no where to hide. She had been here forever, but she had also explored for all those years. She sighed and kept moving.

Shade had listened to the guards long enough. It felt like early morning, but there was no natural light to tell him so. He knew where to find his targets cell. He slowly and patiently worked his way in that direction undetected. He finally reached the hall she was in. Unfortunately, all of the doors were solid iron and there was no way for him to get buy undetected. He pulled out his twin swords and momentarily admired the flawless black blades. He pulled out as much energy as he could, rounded the corner and blew. All of the lights except for a few at the end of the hall went out and Shade quickly moved in and attacked every last guard. He found a set of keys on a guards belt and an empty cell. It took some doing, but he moved every unconscious guard into the cell and locked them in. It would buy them some time, at least. He looked at the seemingly random numbers on each door. He came across a door labed '1'. He assumed the numbers was the prisoners WAM number, and Amelia was 1. The door did look a bit more secure than the others too. He tried several different keys before finding the right one. The lock was a bit tricky, but it worked. The door slid open a bit and Shade took a quick breath and walked in.

(If frank gets accepted, I'll break him out too)

Simon "Gearhead" Legacy

Again, surprised by the rejection of hospitality, Simon felt that she should eat any way, but then looked into it further...

"Eating isn't exactly needed in this realm, but she should any way, since I have no idea how much time she's been under there..." Simon thought further...

Gently placing the breakfast platter on a nearby table, Simon was about to speak...

"Maria, you do know I actually meant that when I said I don't require to be repaid for anything?" He asked, "I mean, I've felt what you feel right now at one point, thinking you're not worth it, I reused to accept help from people, which is why most, if not all of my relationships with people collapsed." Simon continued "I'm not saying that I'll abandon you or anything if you don't want breakfast right now, I just wanted to tell you."

Rising from his chair, Simon spoke in a friendly manner "Any way, if you want to skip breakfast, we can get that walking mod for you now, and then I'll teach you the basics of the Internet."...

A loud knock downstairs suddenly interrupted the conversation, somewhat startled, Simon thought about who might be knocking this early in the morning.

"Ah, my client Hunter!" Simon thought.

"Erm, just give me a second first." He awkwardly said to Maria

Simon now rushing downstairs...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back