The Imperfect Lotus

In a word...YES.

In more detail, very much yes. Path of the Arbiter Style is an interesting Terrestrial martial art, I find it rather nifty. Lightning Hoof Style is a very good style for a horse archer. But, in the end...the Virtue styles win. Beautiful styles, interesting, useful, and not insane. Personally, I'm quite fond of the Art of Victorious Concession (a.k.a. Compassion Style).

I got the PDF from a friend.  I looked at it once and then never opened the PDF again.

But I dislike 95% of all martial arts.

The old brawl charms for Solars and DB's are pretty slick, those are really the only two martial arts I like.

Bah, the only Martial Art I dislike, strangely, is Lunar Hero Style. It just seems a little bland... and none of the Charms really appeal to me.

That aside, Path Of The Arbiter needs a Celestial equivalent.

The Imperfect Lotus was  well worth the $5-7 I paid for it (can't recall exactly). As Wordman says, the Virtue styles are excellent. I also enjoy the Terrestrial firewand style, although most of the other Terrestrial joints are fucking stupid. See: Marukani Horse-Lover Glorified Ride Charms Style, which is USELESS as a set of martial arts techniques since it requires you to be RIDING A FUCKING HORSE to practice them. Path of the Arbiter's kind of interesting, too, but mostly it's the Celestial debate styles that make my PDF a valuable part of the Exalted collection.

As for it being free, CW: depends on who you ask.

Tome said:
Bah, the only Martial Art I dislike, strangely, is Lunar Hero Style. It just seems a little bland... and none of the Charms really appeal to me.
Back when Brawl was Brawl and Martial Arts was Martial Arts, I thought it might be fun to play with a celestial style for the type of lunar who wanted to transcend the naked brutality of much lunar combat magic with a style that used very precise and subtle control of shapeshifting for surgical-type combat. Like, a stab with a single moonsilver claw, where, once inside the flesh, the claw extends to a thread of metal that seeks out and punctures the heart. Or, a dodge/escape charm that reverses the direction of a single joint for a brief second. Never did anything with the idea.

I wouldn't spend the money on it, personally.  Though maybe that's because I downloaded it for free from the WW website right after Scroll of the Monk came out.  In any event, all of the styles in it are pretty cool, and the Four Arguements celestial style is downright awesome.  A celestial MA that is actually effective...sounds like hogwash, but I assure you, it is true.

Also, the Terrible Ascent Driven Beast Style is fucking badass as far as style goes.  The charms aren't exactly great, but from a purely thematic standpoint I'd happily take this over Lunar Hero style.  Actually...from a power standpoint I'd probably still take it over Lunar Hero style.  It's a neat style with two crap charms to start with, but then you get three interesting charms based on movement, the form charm, then two mutually exclusive end-style charms.  It's actually kind of cool.

I retract my earlier statement, because I just now went back and reread the four virtue celestial styles.  They are so damned full of win.  I'd drop the cash just for them.

The Imperfect Lotus was  well worth the $5-7 I paid for it (can't recall exactly). As Wordman says, the Virtue styles are excellent. I also enjoy the Terrestrial firewand style, although most of the other Terrestrial joints are fucking stupid. See: Marukani Horse-Lover Glorified Ride Charms Style, which is USELESS as a set of martial arts techniques since it requires you to be RIDING A FUCKING HORSE to practice them. Path of the Arbiter's kind of interesting, too, but mostly it's the Celestial debate styles that make my PDF a valuable part of the Exalted collection.
As for it being free, CW: depends on who you ask.
Yes, it is, and I have it.

wordman said:
Back when Brawl was Brawl and Martial Arts was Martial Arts, I thought it might be fun to play with a celestial style for the type of lunar who wanted to transcend the naked brutality of much lunar combat magic with a style that used very precise and subtle control of shapeshifting for surgical-type combat. Like, a stab with a single moonsilver claw, where, once inside the flesh, the claw extends to a thread of metal that seeks out and punctures the heart. Or, a dodge/escape charm that reverses the direction of a single joint for a brief second. Never did anything with the idea.
Methinks this is an excellant starting point to base a few extra Charms for Lunar Hero Style from. Lunars don't do nearly enough with their shapeshifting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back