• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Illusion of Good and Evil (IC)

Error404RealityFailed

Please contact operator to correct mistake

• Lore+Rules
    Characters
    IC-Here
    OOC-Soon
    Discord Chat

Last edited:
Anastasia didn't care much for the sayings of the night. It was only around 8:30 at night, and she thought that people should be free to go outside. The Private Allegiance agreed, so they worked mostly at night. Ana's suit was modest to fit her, black leggings, sneakers, fingerless gloves, a black sweatshirt, and her dark ruby scarf. She perched in wait, looking down at the city. There were lights of the main to her left, but the darker back alleys were what she wanted to be looking after. So far she'd managed to get one down already, but he was an older man without much ability to fight her.

She sat on a little stone wall, texting on her phone and waiting for something to happen. When phones came out at night, things always happened. She made a point to bring hers to draw things in. Ana grunted as something heavy hit her in the back. "Ow!" She huffed and turned to look around. There was no one there.
(Open)

In the shadows, a small figure watched the light emerge onto a girl's face. It startled her at first, but the girl inched closer and watched the strangely dressed person. She didn't seem fit for being outside at night, seeing as she wasn't wearing reflective gear and could get hit by cars. It seemed very reckless to the girl, but she decided that the woman could make her own life choices. Instead the small girl threw a rock at the woman and scampered off into the brighter side of the city.
(Open)

Envy
Jason & Veronica

Envy was walking around the shady parts of town, trying to sort out their thoughts. The fact was there was an issue with the city officials. Pride's influence could only go so far, and it was Envy's adoption of their six younger siblings that kept them from being split up and taken for their name and title. That would be fine, if any of them even lived together anymore. Envy had their own apartment on the outskirts of the city, while Pride and the rest of their siblings lived at the apartment over the club. Envy didn't want anything to do with it, so their usefulness was only in their age.

They sighed as they counted walking, muttering to themselves, an argument between the two personalities being voiced aloud for once.

"God, Jason you're such a pushover! Why do you do everything, Pride tells you to do!?"

"Because she'd just make us do it anyways!"

"Whatever you say, Jason..."

"God, Veronica, why are you so frustrating!?"

"Why are you such an asshat!?"

"What the fuck is an asshat!?"

"..."

Envy stopped walking as Veronica and Jason took a moment to determine exactly what an asshat was. They looked up and they saw a single figure illuminated by the light of a cellphone. And their body went cold, before filling with warmth again. Jason took the reins, shifting them to their male form, complete with a trench coat, before he ducked around the corner.

"Oh, my God... Veronica, did you see her, she's-"

"Beautiful..."

Jason peered around the corner looking at the woman on the wall, completely enamoured. Hid heart beat like mad and his hands shook.

"Congratulations, we're in love!"

"We don't even know her!"

"Like you haven't fallen in love at first sight before!"

Anastasia's head slowly lifted up and she stared at the drone. "Alright, where are you guys?" She asked, rolling her eyes and hopping down from the wall. "You kids shouldn't be out this late anyways!" Ana giggled, trotting over to where she guessed they'd be. She was wrong and has to turn around. There was a person near them, but Ana couldn't make out the gender in the dark. "Hey, you do know it's past curfew, right? You could get in serious trouble for that." The way she held herself was rather high, not in a way that said I'm better than you, but in a way that commanded respect. Like she knew her place in the world. Whenever she put on that mask, it gave her purpose.

"What's your name?" She asked Envy/Jason/Victoria. "Being out at night is not the best thing for you."
Ticci Toby Rogers Ticci Toby Rogers transparent lie transparent lie

Envy
Jason & Veronica

Jason looked at Anastasia like a deer in headlights. He wasn't expecting her to approach him. "I-I'm Jason..."

"Honestly just let me take over asshat!"

"We still haven't determined what that is..."

Veronica switched out with Jason, their form rippled in the shadows, into their female form. "I'm Veronica... You can call us Envy if it makes it easier... Forgive Jason, he's not the most eloquent of people..."

Through the entire exchange they stayed in the shadows, when their formed shifted it was hard to see, though the silhouette grew obviously shorter, plumper, and distinctly more feminine.
Error404RealityFailed Error404RealityFailed

Lucas Schmidt, Arlene Leaman, Andrea Costanza

Arlene smirked as Anastasia referred to them as kids. That was always the joke of the century, but it wasn't much of anything to be worried about. However, there was a figure in the darkness. That was enough to put the three on alert. Even though it was one person who likely couldn't withstand a punch from Andrea, it was still reason for them to be on alert.

Andrea: "Where do you think she went?"
Arlene: "I know where."
Lucas: "Arlene, wait!"

However, it was too late. Arlene teleported. Within an instant, she was in the darkness behind the figure of the other woman. She quickly tapped on her shoulder and crossed her arms. Blue particles settled around her on the ground, though it was nearly impossible to tell that she teleported due to her being unseen from before.

Arlene: "It is past curfew. I recommend you get home."

From the other side of Anastasia, two figures emerged. One was Andrea, and the other was Lucas with the drone floating over his head. The drone was recording everything for the purposes of surveillance, a countermeasure that Lucas had in case someone tried to get cocky with the group.

Lucas (Thoughts): There's a woman named Veronica. Envy is a name, and there's a male named Jason. The shadow changed. Subject may likely be a metahuman, possibly a shapeshifter.
Andrea (Thoughts): Crap...I'm wearing polkadots down under. (ᅌᴗᅌ* )

While the drone performed surveillance, it began to fly closer to the figure, still out of arm's and even jumping reach (16 feet in the air). Lucas was happy that his eyes in the sky were performing well. Of course, they were more reliable than the girls. Speaking of them...

Arlene: "Well?"

Ticci Toby Rogers Ticci Toby Rogers Error404RealityFailed Error404RealityFailed

"Oh dear, how do I even begin to explain how I'm feeling right now? I'm not depressed, but I'm more than sad. I'm sad and frustrated and angry and dejected... Let me explain. Oh! I haven't introduced myself yet. I'm Kleavs." Kleavs was talking to a homeless man in an alleyway, who couldn't have cared less. He was just lonely. "Anyways, it seems like life is trying to fuck me over. Every time I try to do something good, I fuck it up!" The homeless man walked away and Kleavs sighed. "And no one wants to help..." Kleavs rubbed his eyes and looked around, wishing he had someone to talk to.
(OPEN)

Anastasia winced as the three of them came closer to her. She sent Arlene a short glare before talking to Veronica again. "Hey, I'm Eternal. It's good to meet you, but I really hope your power is registered. Are you new here? The streets aren't any place for an untrained person to be. I'd recommend heading home." She said with a nod and then frowned at the other three.

"Why are you guys out this late?!" She whispered nervously. "You guys are supposed to be inside tonight! Or at least covering other city parts!" Ana looked very distressed about this and even turned away from the suspicious person behind her. "You need to go! I can handle this stuff!"
Ticci Toby Rogers Ticci Toby Rogers transparent lie transparent lie

Luckily for Kleavs, there was something watching him. The little girl stared at him from the shadows and actually tossed a little rock to see what he'd do. She liked this boy. He looked like a good meal, so little Jamie crawled down from the roof and crept up next to him. She said nothing at first, but stared at him intently as she chewed on her cat's ear.
Mad_Hatter Mad_Hatter

A rock jumps out at him and Kleavs yelps. His hands set on fire. "Ack! Who is that? Hello?" Kleavs calms down after a moment and the fire disappears. "I'm seeing things. Great. I'm a fuck up and I'm hallucinating. What else could go wrong?" Kleavs runs a hand through his hair and looked around for some sigh of life around him.
Error404RealityFailed Error404RealityFailed

The Red Reaper

From a nearby bank everything sounded silent, at least that was until a huge explosion suddenly ripped through the entire building, making a boom that would echo throughout the city. The echoes of a maniacal laughter would be heard throughout the streets as screams and cries for help would be silenced. The revving up of a minigun and the presence of assault rifles and balaclavas means it's time for him to strike. The red masked armored figure would drop down from a building to behind some people with assault rifles, and one by one they fell by a gunshot to their heads. Many would try to fire back, all would miss because of fear from the man who took out 12 of their men with relative ease. The red reaper showed no mercy upon the henchmen but even he knew that he wouldn't last long, but he didn't need to do this alone. All he does for now is simply to hold them off, waiting for the people from the private alliance to help him mop everything up.

Error404RealityFailed Error404RealityFailed Ticci Toby Rogers Ticci Toby Rogers transparent lie transparent lie Mad_Hatter Mad_Hatter

Envy
Jason & Veronica

Veronica jumped when tapped on her shoulder, and shifted back into their neutral form. They watched the altercation with fascination and amusement, finally stepping out of the shadows, their neutral form on display. "I'm sure we can handle ourselves," They said, in a creepy two toned, double harmonic.

Jason took over, having finally collected himself, shifting them to their male form. "You'll have to forgive us for hiding, but we're not accustomed to seeing beauties like yourself out at this hour... It was a bit... Intimidating... I had control, and I'll admit," he rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly. "I'm a bit shy..."

"Real smooth, Jason... Real smooth..."
Error404RealityFailed Error404RealityFailed transparent lie transparent lie

Jamie had been standing behind Kleavs to wait for him to notice her, but when he caught fire she shrieked in horror and bolted down to behind a trash can. She did not like fire at all, and her almost soulless bright eyes were wide with fear. "Bad! Bad demon!" She yelped at him, poking her head out and hugging her stuffed cat tighter. "Banish to-to, um... Banish to away!" Her little wings flapped rapidly, as though they wanted to fly away from the mess Jamie had made of something that could have been cool.
Mad_Hatter Mad_Hatter

Andrea sighed and ran a hand through her hair. Clearly, she was supposed to be out patrolling, but they just happened to get here because of Arlene. She glanced at Arlene before closing her eyes and pinching the bridge of her nose. She then turned back to Anastasia.

Andrea: "We're obviously not wanted here. Just call us if you need help-"

Arlene: "Another anomaly! Grab on guys!"

Arlene dove out from behind the figure being interrogated by Anastasia and teleported forwards. Her palms landed on Andrea's and Lucas's shoulders and, in the blink of an eye, all three had disappeared from the scene altogether.

Error404RealityFailed Error404RealityFailed Ticci Toby Rogers Ticci Toby Rogers

Lucas: "For once you were right!"

Lucas shouted over the gunshots, covering one ear with his headphones and looking to his friends. The group slowly made their way over to the bank, Arlene teleporting repeatedly in the air to simulate flight. Andrea repeatedly reached out to touch bullets that were straying from the bank. They fell to the ground as soon as they impacted her skin, causing her eyes to glow a bright orange color from the excess of kinetic energy.

Lucas: "You guys don't need lights, do you?"
Arlene: "Not at all."
Andrea: "FOR NARNIA!!!!"

A buildup of orange energy blasted Andrea forwards at tremendous speeds. Before anyone in the building could see her, the lights immediately went out, as if by magic. Now, the henchmen began to panic. They couldn't see and, therefore, couldn't shoot. Sparks shot out from Andrea's feet as she slid past the Red Reaper, knocking down two henchmen to the ground.

Arlene teleported into the building, flashlight in hand. She pointed it at one guy's face, who then turned and tried to shoot her. Not a good idea. She teleported behind him and touched his back. A loud scream could be heard as the man disappeared and fell on the rooftop, probably breaking something.

Arlene: "Oh shit. Ow!"

A bullet ripped past Arlene's shirt, causing a bit of a graze wound. However, the bullet teleported upon impacting her skin. One of the henchmen fell to the ground, a bullet piercing the back of his neck from seemingly nowhere.

Lucas (Thoughts from the outside): I wonder how many guys want girls who can kick ass. (°∀°)

Andrea was all fired up at this point. Arlene found her way to the Red Reaper and grabbed his arm.

Arlene: "Time to gtfo!"

Arlene teleported out of the building, with the Red Reaper, as Andrea struck her fist against the ground. A wave of kinetic energy rolled throughout the bank, knocking eleven henchmen against the bank walls with tremendous force. She sprinted out of the building, the heat from the bullets getting to her. Panting and breathing heavily, Andrea looked to the rest of everyone.

Andrea: "There's more in there! Oh, hey, Arlene...are you touching the Red Reaper?"
Arlene: "N-No!" (ಠ╭╮ಠ) *quickly lets go of him*

Sleepy Asian Sleepy Asian

The Red Reaper

He was glad backup finally came, but he didn't expect them to be a bunch of teenagers. He stood by as he saw them shred through the henchmen while observing their powers "Kinetic energy manipulation, possible technomancer and either god-like powers or teleportation..." he thought inside his head as a henchmen tries rushing him from behind only to be met by a bullet to the head. Suddenly he was grabbed by a girl with blue hair and teleported with the other two. Hearing the banterous conversation by the two amused him, he chuckled for a while before saying in a distorted deep robotic voice "The other men are retreating as the police arrests whoever is alive, I assume you are from the private alliance?" he asked as he dropped his clips to the ground and reloading the guns with a fresh pair.
transparent lie transparent lie

The Red Reaper

The red reaper was impressed by their abilities, to say the least, and to be honest he was even slightly jealous.... Might have to even configure the electronics on his suit to become technomancer proof just for good measure, maybe a project for a rainy afternoon. He was surprised that he was invited over on such short notice and especially on a situation like this. "Ah what the hell" He said in the robotic distorted voice and clenched arlene's arm with his metal-plated cold gloved hands.

In a mess of blue particles, Arlene, Lucas, Andrea, and the Red Reaper would simply disappear from the street. There was no wait time or anything, since Arlene had already calculated the exact point where they'd land in the frozen yogurt store. It was simply on the back side of the store, where all vigilantes got their food since they didn't prefer to show their face to everyone.

Arlene: "You two go in and get the yogurt. I'll wait out here with Reaper."

Lucas and Andrea nodded and almost walked into the store, before realizing that they forgot to actually ask for what kind of frozen yogurt they were going to get for the others.

Lucas: "Oh, quick question. What flavor do you prefer, Reaper? I know Arlene wants chocolate, as usual, but you're a new guest so I don't know your preferences."
Andrea: "Hmm...judging by the red helmet he looks like a strawberry guy. Maybe red mango?"

Anastasia looked very confused by the strange super, tilting her head slightly. "Well, um, I-I should be going home. Stay safe, alright?" She asked, backing away a bit. Jason concerned her, she was getting a bad sort of feeling right then, one telling her to run far far away. If Envy made a move, Ana would probably grab their hand and make it so they had no power to shift.
Ticci Toby Rogers Ticci Toby Rogers

The Red Reaper

"Yeah I'll take strawberry, thanks and here's for your trouble and the yoghurt," he said as he handed, well more like forcefully stuffed 200 dollars into lucas' pocket like it was nothing because he probably knew he'd refuse it in the first place. It was a nice break from the usual patrol and bashing skulls of a mob boss or some gangsters. It felt nice. Now he was left alone with arlene and to relieve some tension he tried to start up a conversation by asking "You seem quite fond of me, have we met before this incident today?"

Lucas grumbled as he felt the money shoved into his pocket.

Lucas: "Thank you very much."
Andrea: "Holy crap, two hundred dollars?! Thank you so much!"

The two sauntered off happily into the store to buy the frozen yogurt. They got in line, Lucas pulling out his credit card as he waited for the line to pass. As they waited, they wondered about how much fun Arlene was having outside, being interviewed by the Red Reaper.

Meanwhile...

Arlene: "Huh? Oh. I'm not fond of you or anything! It's just that I remembered seeing you somewhere, I think it was on the news, and I got excited. That's about it."

Arlene crossed her arms and turned away, acting almost entitled. Though it was awkward. She buried her head in her hands.

Arlene: "I'm sorry. It's weird, but...I'm actually quite jealous of you. I mean, you're way more successful than most vigilantes in the private allegiance, yet you work alone. And by the look of it, you don't have any superabilities. And me and my group are just sitting here, helping you out. It sickens me, we could be doing so much better than we already are."
Andrea: "Guys! I got the frozen yogurt!"

Andrea and Lucas walked out of the door, holding a tray with several rounds of frozen yogurt. Lucas got blueberry, Andrea got blackberry, and she handed a chocolate frozen yogurt to Arlene. Lucas gave the Red Reaper a strawberry frozen yogurt.

Lucas: "Here you go sir! Although I'm slightly confused...how will you eat through your helmet?"

"Shit, shit, shit, shit-" Derek mumbled to himself as he maneuvered through the pitch black alleyways of the city, money bag under his arm - "Where to, where to?"
Derek had no idea what just happened back at the bank or how the hell he got away. He was told it was gonna be a quick and easy job and no one would get hurt.
And yet, there he was, running away from the Red Reaper, Andrea and her friends after having witnessed a small genocide.
He pulled the balaclava off of his face, revealing his smug looks. He wore a dark denim jacket over a red long sleeved shirt, jeans, and all stars.
Derek wouldn't usually resort to these tactics, but he needed the money desperately.

Sleepy Asian Sleepy Asian transparent lie transparent lie

Last edited:
The Red Reaper

He said to her "Superpowers don't define a hero, nor does it define their success. Sure people with them may become more successful easier but it doesn't just come automatically. I fought long and hard through the years and gained a lot of skills to get where to where I am, I am confident you and your friends will be in the same position in the near future." Before hearing an enthusiastic shout from Andrea. He took the yogurt before realizing the problem itself. "I.... I actually never thought about it" He said while he chuckled "I'll keep it for later when I get back home then". Suddenly he froze for a second before saying "I have cctv connected to my helmet to my HUD and right now I'm seeing a man in a balaclava going through one of the alleyways, you three should head back home, I can deal with this alone."

Jamie had been standing behind Kleavs to wait for him to notice her, but when he caught fire she shrieked in horror and bolted down to behind a trash can. She did not like fire at all, and her almost soulless bright eyes were wide with fear. "Bad! Bad demon!" She yelped at him, poking her head out and hugging her stuffed cat tighter. "Banish to-to, um... Banish to away!" Her little wings flapped rapidly, as though they wanted to fly away from the mess Jamie had made of something that could have been cool.
Mad_Hatter Mad_Hatter
Kleavs jumped a foot and spun around. "DEVIL! Oh! Oh, you're cute. Hi!" Kleavs at first was terrified of the child but soon calmed down. "Sorry about the fire, kiddo, that happens when I get scared. Kinda like those little wings of yours are fluttering. Does that make sense?" Kleavs smiled cheekily. He was never any good with kids but he was trying. Well, he wasn't good with anything, but whatever. He would still try to be good with this kid.

Kleavs jumped a foot and spun around. "DEVIL! Oh! Oh, you're cute. Hi!" Kleavs at first was terrified of the child but soon calmed down. "Sorry about the fire, kiddo, that happens when I get scared. Kinda like those little wings of yours are fluttering. Does that make sense?" Kleavs smiled cheekily. He was never any good with kids but he was trying. Well, he wasn't good with anything, but whatever. He would still try to be good with this kid.
Jamie looked a bit concerned for a moment before shaking her head. "Nope! But that's okay! Why're you 'lone?" She asked, hopping up next to him. She bounced almost like a kangaroo over to him, seeming very excited. "Can I have some foods?" Her grin got wider, showing off the itty bitty fangs she had. "You have foods!"

Jamie looked a bit concerned for a moment before shaking her head. "Nope! But that's okay! Why're you 'lone?" She asked, hopping up next to him. She bounced almost like a kangaroo over to him, seeming very excited. "Can I have some foods?" Her grin got wider, showing off the itty bitty fangs she had. "You have foods!"
Why is he alone? "Because I don't have any folks or nothing." Kleavs shrugged. "Do you have-- oh those are fangs." Kleavs chuckled and took off his backpack. "I might have something in here. What do you want? I have a sandwich, an apple, and... whatever this is." Kleavs pulled out the sandwich, apple, and a baggie of mixed berries that had been smushed.

Jamie looked a little confused by the human food, and she stared at it for several moments before reaching down and grabbing Kleavs' hand and give holding it for a moment. She licked her lips with a quick flick like a snake and slowly pulled his hand up to her mouth, looking at him the whole time. Then she sank her little fangs into him, though it didn't hurt more than maybe a flick would. The way she tried to drink, think of it as he standing there with your hand in her mouth and her thinking of it as a pacifier. She stared at Kleavs the whole time, her eyes very wide as she tried to drink. It had been about four days since she'd had something to eat, and she figured since Kleavs offered her human food he wouldn't mind her doing this. No way would she drink him to death, she liked that he offered, so she would keep him as a 'pet'.

(Please note, Jamie assumes humans are her pets. They are not pets. Humans do not do well in captivity)
Mad_Hatter Mad_Hatter

Users who are viewing this thread

Back