• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Hunting

The day was broad and bright in the kingdom, villages and cities. Birds sang and rejoiced as they flew through the air, children screamed and played in the towns/cities as busy adults did what they did almost everyday. In the city of Vianna though, the streets were lined with people, hunters, witches and wizards as a large and glorious carriage made its way through town, the white horses' hooves slapping against the stoned road. The rumors were real, the princes was visiting. What he was there for though..that was a mystery.

Lilith on the other hand gave not a care in the world for the carriage as she made her way to the tavern she owned. Of course it was more than just a tavern, it was also a place where people gathered to have meetings and so on. The place was well known in the city as it's ironic name rang through. The Witches Brew. Lilith had named it that simply for the jests, as not real potions were brewed there, well..they were but only given out to.. special customers. AS she made her way there, she stopped by the market place to gather a few odds and ends she needed for the tavern. She was whistling a soft tune, mainly only known to witches and wizards.

Coprin Deynok sat in his hidden corner of the Madorian library. Stacks upon stacks of journals, tomes, healer's guides, and diagrams lay around him. His nose was inches from a copy of Delarus's Magic of Mending. It was basic material, but it was vital to understanding how healing magic worked. If Coprin could figure out how healing magic worked on a fundamental level, he thought he might be one step closer to his goal.

It was a beautiful day outside- perfect for Coprin because the library was empty.

Well... almost empty, He thought.The still air was broken by the hushed murmurs nearby.

"Did you hear? The prince is visiting Vianna."

"Vianna? Why the devil would he be visiting there? Do you think it has something to do with the hunters?"

"Nobody knows. He's up and gone and without so much as a word to the people as to why. I think it's a lady."

"Well, I think yer a liar. Shut yer trap and help me find this book."

Coprin sighed and put away his books. It looked like he wasn't going to be a quiet day after all.

Quiet, Prexi walked through the dirtied streets of Tronvia. His golden eyes were cast to the ground below and sheltered from the sun by the overhang of a thick hood. The worn, stained remains of something extravagant hung from his thin frame, topped by a long and dark cloak. It was a little too big on him. The ends trailed on the ground behind him collecting dust, but he paid no mind. His focus was set on something else entirely: the need for food.

Prexi was broke, truly penniless. He had enough money to get by today last night, but unluckily he lost it. The few coins slipped from his pocket. When is something he didn't know and he now found himself wandering the streets alone in search of it. Otherwise, he would need to resort to thievery yet again. That was something he truly hoped to avoid, if he were given the option to do so. He must do what he must to survive, at least for now. He needed to get by on his own no matter how dire his situation, or risk being abandoned again. If he had to steal, he would.

He continued forth, peeking into alleyways and checking the ground beneath his feet. He knew he had gone done this road. Perhaps someone had already swiped the excess money? It would make sense for that to occur in a town as poor as Tronvia, but still he searched.

Yuuki

She sat on a rooftop in Riveria, thinking why she was born with these powers. "Could It be that in the near future I could save somebody....?" She said to herself. "And now I have to live in this cursed place.....I wish I could leave...." She sighed. "I don't even know what to do now..."

Ciraden Glamwell

Vianna - En Route to City Market

"And so that man withdrew his will, the Land of fire, consuming his hill! His response was simple, his hear-art was set! He stared the flames, he would not forget! They whispered back, 'We cannot be tamed!' Yet hero-o-hero how mighty you are, to combat the darkness in this great war!'

With a flash of brilliance did he endure; the flames once more returning pur - "

A loud creak interrupted Ciredin's ballet; his head rotated to examine the disturbance - forcing his eyes away from the book on Siege Tactics - with analytical eyes he gazed at his bodyguard who had entered the room for a moment, an attempt at discovering the urgency of the news before it was delivered. "Can I help you, Conrad?" Ciraden hummed, his eyes boredly returning to the book in anticipation of a response.

"No Ser, but we have urgent news - The Prince himself rides too Vianna." Ciraden's ears peeked up at this information, the man hastily closed the book before standing with a half-grin. "That so? I was looking forward to having some fun with the lads tonight, alas duty calls... How's the Association's stock? Anything we need?" Te question was sharp and simple; if necessary any last minute shopping could be done today, no later.

"Well... all the basic stocks are sufficiently filled, yes. But we are in need of more special brews - or potions - as some would say..." Conrad's head dropped he had something further to say; Ciraden glared until the man spat it out. "We... Uh, we do lack the more high-end gear. If we mean to impress the Prince perhaps more coin should be spent to obtain greater quality gear to outfit the higher-regarded hunters?"

Ciraden paused for a moment; this money wasn't really his to spend, they had a council after all, but it needed to be done. He was willing to pay half of the cost for superior quality arms and armor, the treasury could cover the rest.

"Right,splendid idea! Potions and armaments. 'The Witches Brew', then 'Springs and Artifacts'." Ciraden quickly made his way out of the door - Conrad following close behind with a proud smirk plastered across his face - which building to enter first was an additional quandary, both were equally important, but ordering armaments tended to be time consuming; whereas The Witch's Brew always tended to be rather busy around this time of day.

"Hmph, necessary as those two are; I suppose it would be simplest to browse the wares of the market first, no? It's on the way and closer than both." Ciraden concluded; seeing bypassing the bustling barter ground as a wasted opportunity - in truth he always loved to browse the market, not necessarily for the wares; but instead to listen to the multitude of performers trying to earn wage off of richman's generosity - a supply which was nearly non-existent - luckily for the minstrels of Vianna, Ciraden was one of the rare existing ones. Conrad of course didn't actually have an input on the matter, and the duo were already altering their path to head through the market.

YUUKI

"Hmmm....I do remember someone saying there was something....happening somewhere in one of the other towns.......Jeez....." She stood up from the roof top. "Maybe I can go to the bar and get a drink....I've always wanted to...get drunk..." She jumped to the ground since the rooftop wasn't so high up and started walking to the bar.

Within a dark room, a shadowed figures towered over a table. Various utensils such as knives were strewn around its surface. The figure raised a sharp blade and began slicing into the tender flesh of it victim. With surgical precision, the figure separated parts of its victim with a smile. 'Phew! All done!' The sound of young girls voice chimed, 'I'm sure kayle will love this sandwich!' The little girl soon took the sandwich to kayle, her elder brother.

Sun warmed Māia's curly hair as she sat on the dirty steps of The Witches Brew. It was about late morning, the rain that had fallen the night before riddled the pavement with dew and small puddles. She sighed as she traced the outline of one with her shoe. She normally would be inside by now, setting up for half past noon when the tavern opened but she had misplaced her key and was not looking forward to being scolded for it.

Trying to spy her boss, Lilith, through the crowd she cupped her eyes with one hand seeking relief from the burning sun. Carriages moved through the busy street as normal but things seemed different today, Māia couldn't place it. She planned to pester Lilith for answers later.

A dash of purple sprung out of the crowd, Māia's eyes narrowed but then began to soften as she recognized a familiar face. "Lilith! Good Morning!" She exclaimed cheerfully sliding down the metal railing outside the all to familiar tavern. @xEmoBunnehx

Lilith heard an familiar voice and turned to see her waitress rushing to her side. "Ah well hello my dear." She said to her with a warm smile. Māia was one her of her most helpful and darling waitresses. The girl was sweet and kind, she also never seemed to mind when Lilith used magic here and there to help around the tavern, which she enjoyed very much. "How are we today Māia?" She asked the girl as Lilith continued to make her way toward the market, utterly ignoring the ever growing crowds around the two women. Honestly Lilith wished the excitement would die down. he's just a prince. Nothing all that great. Besides, what does this matter to me? I've done nothing wrong. She thought to herself as she walked, a kind smile still on her face toward her new found companion.

@Right okay then

Māia grinned "Ma'am you see the crowds of people going round middle of town?" The young woman sputtered with excitement "People are talkin' , they saying one real important fellow be coming round here on business!" She picked up her brown satchel and broke out in a quick jog hurriedly catching up to her employer. "Ain't that interesting?" She mused 'I wonder if he nice."

Māia paused for a while as if mulling a math problem through her head. "I hope he be nice "

The pair walked in silence for a small while, pushing their way through the crowds. "What are we going to the market for Miss?" @xEmoBunnehx

YUUKI

She entered the tavern/bar that was in her town and ordered a drink. 5 minutes after she got it and payed for it "Thanks..." She muttered. She sat down at a seat and started drinking the wine.

Lilith chuckled at the girl. "Well. He's a prince, and its very likely that he's here on business with the W.H.A. As for whether or not he's nice..well..that I am very unsure of." She said in response to the first bit of questions asked to her. As for the last one, well she was about to answer when the pair of them ran into one of the council members in the W.H.A. Glamwell himself. "Ah. Sir Glamwell. I see you are out and about." She said to him, her kind smile extended toward him and his companion. "Forgive me and my young waitress for bump into, but this crowd only seems to be growing.." She apologized with a small sigh. Normally Lilith wasn't as..nice toward witch hunters, but today felt like a good day and seeing as her inspection wasn't for another few months, everything was well.

@Right okay then @Archon

Coprin's wiry frame stepped out of the library and into the organized bustle of Madorian lunchtime. Vendors shouted into the crowd, urging passerby to take a moment of their day to try the one-of-a-kind treat that they were known for. The crowd moved on down the wide stone roads, a few customers stopping here or there. Some were headed to the park, or the temple. Many were headed to a nearby pub, the Lion's Roar, a quaint place known for the delicious food and heart-warming drink. Customers were seated outside on the wrought-iron chairs enjoying their mid-day meal and gulping down cider under the shade of deep red umbrellas.

Coprin immediately recognized two of the customers from his work at the temple. One was a young girl around the age of 16- a healer by the name of Yuuki if he remembered correctly. He hadn't ever had much reason to speak with her before but he heard that she was a decent healer given her age. Some called it a rare gift. Enjoying his own meal at the table beside her was a man Coprin knew fairly well. His scruffy brown hair went well with the cleric's robes he wore. His name was Jarren and he was one of the wizards who took care of the long-term patients of the temple. Every day from before sun-up and long into the night he watches over the terminally ill of Madoria. They come from all over, hoping to experience the miracle of magic, hoping that there is some chance for them. And for many, their journey ends there. The sick are healed and they go on with their lives. But for some there is no cure. At best a skilled healer can keep them alive, day to day, but it requires near-constant magical input. Coprin recalled one man in particular- a victim of a blood mage. His heart refused to function on it's own any more- the clerics would use their magic to pump it for him. They normally would have stopped by now, but Coprin had spoken with Jarren about a possible cure. It was only theoretical, but the patient was willing to try it and the high priest deemed it within the confines of usable magic.

Looking up from his meal, Jarren immediately navigates the crowd towards the man at the entrance to the library. Making it to Coprin, he speaks in an excited undertone.

"Hey! Coprin! Coprin!.... We've got a donor!"

"We've got one!? I'll get my things, I'll have to-"

"He's already donated. It's in cryo at Springs and Artefacts, a shop in Vianna. I've already sent word to the association. They have your ticket waiting for you, you just need to pick it up. Oh, and they want you in by tonight."

"Tonight?! I'll have to leave now, I'll get a carriage-"

"The carriage is waiting outside. Everything is already taken care of now go. And Coprin... this... this.."

"Transplant?"

"Yeah. This transplant. It's going to work."

"It should."

And with that Coprin darted towards the stables, books thrown into his bag. Perhaps there was hope for everyone in Madoria, with it's bright afternoons filled with life, it's warm food, it's great library, and it's miraculous magic. It was so unlike his home in Tronvia. There the afternoons are filled with hunger, the bright sunshine only shows how dirty everything is, and the magic practiced is paid for in life and blood.

YUUKI

She heard the two men talking. "Hey, What are you guys tal -Hiccup- talking about?" She sayed with a slight blush across her face. "What are you excited -hiccup- about?" She finished her drinking, hiccuping every once in a while. She threw away the bottle and waited for a response as she fixed up her amulet. "Jeez....Every once in a while I have to fix this to get it to work..."

@Onikmey

Kylei Crysten

"Oi! Miss! Watch it! Yer gonna step on me rat! It dances well ye know!" Said the old man who was waving his fist at her. Kylei rubbed her chin, observing as she stepped back for the dancing rat. Was this sorcery or just a trick you teach a pet? She came out to the market to restock her shelves, but somehow, the entertainment business caught her attention. Crowds shoved passed her, ignoring the dancing rat and continuing on to their shopping routines. There was something odd about this rat... It was dancing. Of course! How can it do such a thing? That's amazing. She smiled at the old guy before asking the question, "How do you make it dance?" The old man cleared his throat. He changed the subject, "Say, did ye hear the prince is comin'?"

She shook her head in surprise and leaned forward.
"Really! Really?! When?! I know he's coming for the W.H.A. And I can't wait to see him! Wow! Finally!!! So do you know when?" The elder coughed in disgust. "First ye step away from me rat." She did so. "And how should I know? I'm only a mere young old weasel. Now if ye ain't gonna pay fer my show, leave. I don't do small talks. 'Less you have business with me." She took a peek at the dancing rat and turned away. The council should know about this! My my! The handsome prince is arriving soon! She needed to collect more information on this. Maybe Ciraden knows? He knew more than her since the elderly had more knowledge, so she needed to search for him. The young adult stepped away from the busy sidewalk and entered the crowd in the center.

Ciraden Glamwell

Vianna - City Market

Ciraden frowned as he reached the marketplace; his eyes struggling to see anything beside a vicious swarm of bodies shoving past one another, he'd never seen it so busy before; but with the Prince visiting he expected as much.
"Well, perhaps I've made a terrible mistake. I should have gone directly to the Springs and Artifacts..." The man huffed, folding his arms with a deep sigh; they were here now, so he had no choice but to struggle through the crowd. With all the commotion, any chance of hearing a nearby bard or minstrel was non-existent - making this a wasted journey.

As he attempted to make his way through the swarm with as much grace as possible, Ciraden was forced to reel himself in upon almost colliding with two young girls - familiar ones - from the Witches Brew.
"Ahh, nonsense! it's no bother, truly. I should be the one apologizing, I was in such a hurry to leave the area that I misplaced the need to be aware of my surrounding!" He replied courtly in response to her apology, his own smile beaming at the woman.

Ciraden didn't intend to be rude, but he did need additional potions brewed - and bumping into the woman herself was a happy coincidence - but then again, the two ladies were likely having a break from business, he'd hate to be the one to dampen the mood, in fact he wouldn't be that person.
"Well, I do hope you two have... a - " Before the man could bid them farewell, and wish them a good day he saw his fellow councilwoman Kylei... Stumbling into the crowd in all her scattered glory.

Truthfully, he had no problem with the girl - but he never could fathom a guess as to how she became a member of the council - after all, she had a tendency to be easily distracted, and a little slow on obvious thing, that wasn't to suggest she was stupid by any means. No he was sure she was quite intelligent; just oblivious, and maybe a little too timid for their line of work.

But alas, these were all guesses; she was very new to the position, and he had yet to see what she was capable of - there hadn't been a witch hunt, witch trial, or a battle that she'd took part in as of yet as none had happened recently.

With slightly exasperated smile, he bowed his head to the two women once more before focusing on Kylei who was likely to notice him any second now - or potentially wonder off - in that case he'd comfortably move on.
"I believe I have an acquaintance of mine approaching. Do forgive me, I shan't take up anymore of your time." Ciraden answered, not wanting to be rude. Whether the duo left was up to them, it's not like Kylei was delivering some top-secret mission from the King. Although at the sight of the younger Witch Hunter, Conrad audibly groaned - earning a sharp glare from Ciraden.

@yumiyukifan1 @xEmoBunnehx @Right okay then

By the time the young girl had approached, Coprin was already lost among the hustle and bustle of the streets. Jarren turned to find a drunken girl who's speech was interrupted with frequent hiccups. She had broken her amulet and was in the process of trying to fix it. Jarren feared that she might only make it worse with the state she was in. Speaking gently in the way that older people speak to little ones, he looked at her with a mixture of compassion and disappointment.

"It's a bit early to be getting drunk, little one. Let me help." And without waiting for a reply he spoke a few words of rest and clarity. His words took hold and the girl's mind became sharp and focused, clear as the sky above. "Now I must to return to the temple. I hope you have a blessed day." Speaking a quick goodbye he turned to leave the Library's door for more important work.

Still making his way towards the stables, Coprin wondered what Vianna must be like. It certainly couldn't be as bad as Tronvia, but he doubted that it could match Madoria's beauty. From what he heard it was a busy place, but not like Madoria was busy. Madoria's madness was organized. Everything had it's place and everything moved in perfect harmony. There was the occasional outburst of discontent or unfortunate accident, but for the most part things ran in a set way from day to day. When Coprin pictured Vianna he always pictured it as disorganized by comparison, a thriving merchant's den filled with life and uncertainty. It was home to the Witch Hunter's Association and a bustling city. Anything could happen there. A visit from the prince. A donated heart. Nothing was impossible... at least, that's what Coprin thought

Last edited by a moderator:
@Onikmey

YUUKI

"Huh...Oh wait!" She rushed through the crowds of people in the streets, trying tofind Coprn again but failed many times. "Jeez, And I was hoping I could ask for him to- Wait....What am I doing....I'm not dumb!" She started parkouring onto the roof of a small building, gradually climbing up to a relatively big building. "Let's see...I can half remember what he looked like...possibly....come on Yuuki Think!" She took around 5 minutes thinking and then finally got the idea "Yes! That's how he looked like!" She quickly fixed her amulet, taking another 5 minutes and started focusing. "Ok Life forces don't fail me now..."

Everything in her mind went blank as she concentrated on the life forces around her. She started pin pointing Corpn's exact life force, since she could memorize life forces of people she meets, drunk or sober. All the glowing white lights in her mind disappeared except for one, which was Coprn's.

"There he is. I have to get there...." She started running after Corpn

Kylei Crysten

She could have suffocated in the crowd, but since oxygen was too rich in the atmosphere, she was only squished by their moving bodies who were headed elsewhere. It was amazing her nose had gone blind. The smelly odors of sweat and fish outnumbered the incense and spices around the market. Kylei continued her search for Celdrin, another member of the council who possessed more knowledge than her. When will the prince arrive? Will the prince wear a different hairstyle than his usual? Celdrin knows! She'll find him! She wondered if Celdrin was even at the market? Maybe he was at home? If he was, then looking around here was a waste of time. She'd rather use her day watching the dancing rat than finding a man who wasn't even present in the marketplace. Even if he is here... The dancing rat was only a few blocks away!

Someone caught her eye, once again, and she twisted through the crowd to get a better view. This man looked familiar. Oh! Pfft! It was Celdrin and his friend! He was trying to make contact? How long ago was that? The blonde chuckled at her slowness. What a talent! She hurried over to them, shoving, waving, and grinning like tomorrow would not exist. Her breath of words were very important right now.

"Hey!!! Celdrin! Hello! Did you know the prince is coming? Isn't that great? Are we going to witness a new hairstyle he might have? Do you know his arrival date and time? Will we have enough cash to give to the dancing rat? The rat is such an amazing entertainment thing that I could watch all day! Say, did you get a chance to see it?"

@Archon

Yuuki finally found him at the southern stables inquiring about a carriage. The stable boy he spoke with looked hard-working and honest, standing a little short at about 5 feet tall with shaggy blond hair and a bit of straw tucked behind his ear. He looked like he meant well, but was perhaps a bit simple. Or perhaps he was having fun delaying the man from the temple. Coprin had apparently been asking the same question in different ways for a while now.

"OH! You mean THAT carriage! The one to Vianna. It should arrive there late this afternoon. "

"Yes sir. The carriage to Vianna. Which one might it be?"

"Oh, well I'll just take a look... Which carriage were you hoping to take today?"

"The one to Vianna. The one that should arrive this afternoon." The boy shuffles through some papers for a moment and looks up once again.

"I'm afraid you'll have to wait sir. The next carriage to Vianna's been reserved. Some bloke from the temple needs it for God knows what."

"Yes sir. The bloke from the temple needs to get to Vianna. Which carriage would that be?"

"Don't see what good knowin' the carriage would do for ye. Except... didn't you say you were from the temple? A shame really. Never much liked temple folk. Tell you what, when that bloke gets here I'll let you know."

Coprin's answer finally came in the form of a trainer, a man who was both thin and muscled- kind of wiry- with dark hair cut close and a hand on one of the newer horses.

"Klepper, tell the man where his carriage is. You're not payed to interrogate the passengers."

"And which carriage would that be Markus?"

"You know perfectly well which carriage he needs you gek! Now get back to work."

The stable hand, Klepper, turned to Coprin with a laugh.

"Carriage number 4, third one on the right. Anything else I can help you with sir?"

"No. I think that's it. Thank you."

He makes his way to Carriage number 4, though Yuuki is close enough now that she can stop him if she wants.

Lilith waved a small bye to the council member before continuing on. "My dear, we're in the market for some more ingredients and empty bottles. If you could help me find some things, I'd be very grateful." She said to her companion as they finally go into the clearing on the market. Seeing as the prince was everyone's focus, most stands in the market were free and wide open; this causing Lilith to e thankful for that rather large distraction.

((Sorry x.x I just got home after a bit of a needed break.))

@Right okay then

@Onikmey

YUUKI

"Wait sto-" She tripped over a pebble and landed right next to the floor of the carriage "Ow..." She stood up and dusted herself off. "Mister. You're heading to vianna right??? Please. Let me come with you!" Her eyes were determined to somehow reach vianna. "Please!"

With her grimoire carefully hidden in her coat, Simone carefully made her way through the alleyways of Vianna. It wasn't often the young witch ventured into the city: too much hunters were always prowling around, and usually she never had to look far for customers in Tronvia. All in all, it just wasn't her turf (not that she would EVER admit that out loud). But the sudden arrival of the prince had caught her attention, because if there was something Simone LeRoi quite well, it was that the arrival of royalty ALWAYS helped ignite a spark of greed and envy in the heart of men. And her business kinda relied in the dark feelings of men...and just how much they would pay to see them come true.

But Simone was no fool, she knew dealing curses and hexes so close to the W.H.A was just asking for trouble, so for now she would just "peruse". The clients would come to Tronvia on their own. So she had packed a random assortment of magical herbs and ingredients in a small satchel in case she was stopped by hunters, and she had set out to see this famous prince everyone was talking about. Finally making her way into the main street, she started pushing her way through the crowd so she could reach the market. Luckily it was almost as if people could sense the "Tronvia citizen" in her because they moved aside without complaint.

Blinking at the unexpected arrival, Coprin paused with his hand on the door of the carriage. It wasn't an extravagant thing by any standards, but it could carry a couple people to Vianna in about an hour. He didn't have the time to stand about arguing with her. Sighing he stepped into the carriage, leaving the door open for her.

"Alright, I could use an extra pair of hands. Come up, and quickly, there's no time to waste" He called up to the driver "Do you mind if she comes along?"

"So long as she gets paid for. 10 half-queens for the two of you."

Coprin pulled out ten silver coins, one side printed with the likeness of the queen.

I guess I'll have company today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back