• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

The Hunted Coven

Dark_Psycho

Omen of Death
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Here will put the plot just pm it to me when it is finished

DeathToAllBetrayers

"Cardinal Rodrigo," Mia said with a smile and bowed. The cardinal was a middle aged man with thinning dirty blond hair. This evening Cane and Mia were the cardinals guests to help him with his inquisition. The brother and sister duo had a reputation around the realm for removing heresy and investigating mysteries of magic.

"I hope your travels didn't take two long, I know it was quite a way for you," The cardinal handed a small pouch of coins to the door man who brought the siblings inside.

"I've made rooms for you upstairs. The Russian cold may be bitter so we have fires already burning for you." The cardinal motioned upstairs for the the two to rest.

"We'd like to know more about the contract first eminence," Cane spoke frankly. He knew Mia had complained the whole way up about the cold and wanting a warm feather bed but to Cane the hunt couldn't wait.

"Certainly, so eager." Rodrigo said with a smile. He motioned for them to sit along the fire. Rodrigo's furniture was very expensive his whole estate was too fancy to behold.

"There have been reports in a small village to the west," Rodrigo motioned for a servant to bring the group hot cups of tea. Mia accepted hers graciously but Cane took no interest in the fine china cups.

"They say that the pagan faith has grown even deeper there and witches have been reported in the surrounding towns. I cannot let it spread further. They say it even affects their youth. Young men and woman of exceptional beauty with growing powers given to them by the devil himself!" Rodrigo was furious in his speech.

"Any reports on what they look like?" Mia asked placing her cup of tea on a small end table.

"One with skin pale as snow and eyes as blue as the noon sky and her hair dark like the raven. She was spotted in the town near by her whole village must be corrupted by the taint of hell." Rodrigo was too violent to drink his tea his hand shaking in rage.

"We will find her, I promise sir," Mia said with a reassuring smile.

"Bring her back alive so that she may burn for her crimes in front of my church," Rodrigo stated. he took a piece of parchment from under his cloak and passed it to Cane. It was a term of employment which outlined fast fortune and a dukedom should they eliminate the threat.

"Certainly," Cane said with a nod. He had to read all of their work permits and Mia never learned to read. Once they became nobility Cane promised to teach her.

"We'll rest now and leave before sun rises." Cane rolled the parchment up and started to head up the stairs to the guest quarters.

"What do you think?" Mia asked once they were out of earshot and in their chambers.

"No challenge, a girl he said, not a fleet of men or clocked mystery men in the wilds. We'll find her." Cane made sure his large trident wasn't damaged. It was a fancy silver pike with a large hook meant for stabbing and slashing.

"Do you really think we'll need to resort to violence, Rodrigo wants her alive." Mia shuddered at burnings and any other violence.

"Get rest Mia, we take our horses out in only a few hours. The time for talking is then." Mia rarely slept. Her nightmares made her stir to much and she preferred to sleep when it was light. As the oil in the lamps was turned off and the fire dimming Mia began to dream her horrible dreams. Men in dark purple cloaks chanting around a dark fire, but something was wrong. The fire was a dark green and the words being chanted were not English. This dream lasted less time then most as dawn broke through the frosted castle windows.

Abigail sat in there small hut just out of the small village in Russia. Her and her brother sat by the fire. She had her long Black Raven Hair braided to one side as she sat in front of the fire."Ksenia I do not know how the witch is still torturing our village. Her treachery seems to have no bounds." He said. Abigail looked up her sharp eyes sparkled.

"Pleas Shane my dear brother we will find her I am sure we are getting closer." She said. She hid her hand and made the hut warmer and the fire a bit bigger,"come I will make you something to eat." She said. She fixed his dinner drugging him to sleep."sleep my dear brother." She said. She slipped out and made her way to the forest." Where are you." She snapped looking around. Two woman show up. She frowned."How many more must die before The grand right is mine."she asked."soon our faithless Lady of the night 3 more innocent must die and the grand right will be yours. But beware the two who seek you. You must disguise your look." They say. She nods and makes her way back to her hut. She would disguise herself and her brother's eyes would be enchanted to think it was how she always looked. She got a work on it. When she was finished. She finally fell asleep in her warm bed.

She woke up and smiled as the first son melted into her window. She stood and washed her face off. She woke her brother. She really hated this look,but it was only till they left and she could take her place at the top with her grand right. The day was cold and she pulled a cloak around her. Her brother got up."Hey Ksenia what's for breakfast?" He asked. she smirked " the usual,Do you always. Think of your stomach." She joked and laughed handing him a plate. She ate with him."Come time to go to the village and walk about." She said. He nods."come on,lets go." He said.

DeathToAllBetrayers

Mia buttoned up her emerald green cape around her neck. She wore heavy gloves and many scarfs. The siblings had never felt a cold like this. It chilled their skin and their bones in a way that hurt like daggers.

"Once we get moving it won't be so cold right?" Mia asked through chattered teeth. Cane Slipped on his leather riding glove and helped Mia onto her horse. She was far too short to just hop on herself.

"Exactly," Cane was pessimistic that he would ever feel warm again but he tried to stay positive for his sister. The ride on horse back out into the forested villas would take a few hours. He knew his sister would chat constantly thought out the ride. Realistically they may have to stop a few times for Mia's cursed arm which would burn and cause her extreme pain.

They managed to ride out across snow ridden planes and along a small river for two hours before Mia requested a break. They were nearly there maybe ten minutes on foot. Cane got off his horse and came to his little sisters side.

"Is it your arm?" Cane asked touching his sisters leg as a comfort.

"No, I can feel it... There is more then one heretic here...." Mia stared at the woods across the plains. You could barely make out the dark green strip along the rising sky.

"We should hurry then. There's a village around here we should pay the innkeeper now." Cane popped back on his horse and they ran off towards a small village nestled amoungst the trees.

Ksenia saw the two ride into town on horse back. She let out a small smile. She fixed her changed blonde hair and fixed her changed green eyes watched them. They had come for her and she would not allow herself to be caught. She looked at her brother "come we must be heading to the market."she said. Shane nods and followed her.

"I must stop in the church to ask the reverend something maybe talk to the hunters." He said. She nods."I am going to the market see you later." She said. She put her scarf around her shoulders and walked the other way. She made her way through the market.

Shane made his way towards the two Hunters."Hello welcome to our village. Can I help you guys, I am Shane Solo my sister and I have been hunting a witch around here.

DeathToAllBetrayers

Mia went cold and silent and Cane dismounted his horse. Cane looked back at his sister who didn't seem impressed by the young man's greeting.

"Yes I'm Cane, this is Mia," Cane nodded towards Shane. He looked healthy and of the earth perhaps a farmers boy or something.

"We didn't realize there were others here already. We were commissioned from Cardinal Rodrigo from Orleans." Cane looked around the town quickly. It wasn't exactly a bustling town. The cold had brought a lot of people indoors and the only few pedestrians didn't seem to look up from their busy work.

At this point this Shane was the competition and hunting the same prize.

"Is there an inn in town?" Cane asked reigning in his horse as Mia jumped from her horse. Her face was still stern and hard. Usually Mia had a bright smile plastered on her face, something must be making her uncomfortable.

"No not here we don't like visitor's. You can stay with me and my sister. She loves guests normally. Also look I can help you capture the witch all we want is her gone." He said." Its fine we need help I am glad the cardinal sent someone to help." He said."come this way. You must be freezing?" Shane said and started to walk the way Ksenia went he caught sight of her grabbing bread and paying for it.

"Ksenia,wait up." He said. She turned with a small smile. It faltered. She looked at him."Picking up strays again. Shane come now what have we talked about." She said. She walked over and nods to both hunters."Hi welcome to our town, we don't get many travelers here. What brings you here?" She said and hid her hands in a her cloak. She would not shake there hand. Her tattoo would show.

"Sorry my older brother just likes to help a lot, he forgets that stranger's. Are not really. Welcome at the moment we have a problem into town and new people just make the problem worse. But we could definitely put you up for the night," Ksenia said. "Where do you hail from its obvious not here." She said

DeathToAllBetrayers

Resting with enemy? What on earth was Cane thinking? Mia was furious underneath her stone demenour. She couldn't hold it in any longer at the sight of the pretty blonde girl in front of her.

"Surely their is a Chaplin we could speak to to ask for sanctuary rather then crowd ourselves in your home." Mia said as Cane was clearly not taking charge of the situation at hand.

"I think it is best my sister and I discuss the situation at hand before blindly walking around the wood. A moment if you wouldn't mind," Cane and Mia took leave for a moment walking toward where their horses were posted.

"He's bewitched," Mia said bluntly.

"If we follow him we can find the danger quicker," Cane suggested.

"Don't be ridiculous the magic here is stronger then one girl I can feel it, we may be able to take down one but not three or four you know that." Mia's nose crinkled as if she would cry. "We should stay in the church."

"I agree, even if they are hunters they wouldn't want us to steal their bounty nothing adds up here." Cane scanned the city again. He took a lot of the atmosphere in just in case they needn't to make a quick getaway.

Cane and Mia returned to the group.

"My sister is very pious and wishes to go visit the church before discussing matters of the devil," Cane stated. Even the smallest town had a man to bury the dead and heal the sick.

"What can be said of the minister of this area?" Cane asked.

Ksenia smirked and watched them talk. She smiled and turned to her brother."they are not coming to our house. I don't them to and they don't want to." She said. Her brother sighed. "Ksenia ,come on you love taking in travelers normally. Why not them." He asked her."Because they are shams and don't know anything." She said. She knew what they were but, would turn them out of the town. She looked over at them with green eyes when they turned to them.

Ksenia smiles."The minster is a man of darkness and cruelty, says he is a man of god. How ever I am sure he stays up late by the fire and dances with the unseen. We can't arrest him,because an accusation like that on a priest could mean death." She said. "The church is just yonder." She pointed and nods to them."Good luck." She said. Shane went to say something,but looked at his sister."come along Shane much to do, then spend the day with travelers." She said. She turned with a nod and walks with her brother. She conjured a snake to follow them and strike when they weren't looking.

DeathToAllBetrayers

OOC: I am a little confused due to the tense change and missing words in your posts. Sorry If I mix the perception but for example. Is this snake visible am I being attacked? Is the brother under a spell? A little extra detail would be much appreciated in future posts

"Thanks," Cane nodded and they began to head north towards the towns steeple.

"Should we follow them?" Mia asked constantly turning behind her. The two villagers were very attractive they could be shape shifters.

"They want us dead, they'll come to us again I can guarantee it."

The village roads were complete mud from the snow and peoples feet drudging along their regular business. The church on top of the town was small and plain with no decidant (sp?) windows or or paintings out front or inside.

Mia knocked on the large white wooden doors while Cane opened them and headed inside. Everything continued in it's humbleness as there was no church organ and only a few seats. There was no carpeting and the alter was only made of wood with no iron or silver idols in place.

"Father?" Mia called out. The roof was lower then most churches as well meaning there was little for acoustics.

(Would you like to be the minster or should I?)

(No it will follow them and attack when there not looking. He isn't under any spell at all well just one to think that the white blonde hair is her natural look. You can)

Ksenia and her brother walked back to there hut. Ksenia didn't enjoy them being in her town. she sighed and looked at her brother."I don't like them being here Shane. This means publicity for the town and the witch situation." She said.

Shane sighed "Ksenia, stop it now. They are here to help us find whom ever is behind this. We will do that before the full moon." He said. He watched his sister, she seemed agitated.

"let's hope." Ksenia said. She looked at him."excuse me I need a minute." She said and walked out of there small hut shack. It was warm inside so the cold snow hit her face. She sighed and trudged for the woods. Her tracks showed as she went to a holly leaf bush she made it look like she was picking the leaves. She spoke to the elder on the other side. When they finished she made her way back to her hut, her and her brother had built it to get away from the witch hunts. Well mostly her, she tapped her nails on her cheek as she watched the snow fall on to her hut.

The snake she had sent after the hunters made its way through the snow.

The snake followed them and kept a distance, but still kept the targets in sight. This snake was called a black adder the venom very deadly. The snake curled in the corner and waited for the moment to strike.

DeathToAllBetrayers

"Ah hello there traveler," An old man hunched over with age wandered to the front of the church from the side room.

"A long time since we've had anyone with an accent like that," The old man tried to laugh through his dry skin.

"We're here about the witch hunt," Mia announced stepping closer to the front of the church. The old mans eyes were white with blindness and had a slight blue gaze to it.

"Ahh yes the heretic claims in the woods." The main began to clear his throat. "Did you know before the true savior of man kind graced this earth the pagans of the world worshiped a serpent of the earth... we now call it the devil..." The pastor hummed lightly.

"A snake?" Mia asked puzzled. she turned back to see her brother who was still by the entrance. Out of the corner of her eye she could see the sharp glare of a bright yellow eye.

"SNAKE!" She yelled grabbing at her bow, Cane ran forward drawing his large pike from behind his back. His stance was ready to attack far sooner then Mia's.

The adder hissed and moved for them. It went to lunge for Cane it sunk its fangs into his boots. The snake hissed and went to lunge again. The black adder would not give up. It kept lunging for Cane. The snake never truly hitting its mark. The adder hissed and showed its fangs. With one last lunge the snake lunged for the priest making contact with skin. The adders fangs sunk in releasing its venom. It gave the hunters time to kill it.

Ksenia smirked. She knew her pet had made a mark. Not one she wanted but she was closer to the grand right. Ksenia smirked and made her way inside. She looked at her brother and sighed,"look I am sorry Shane." She said."I was just in a bad mood." She said. Screams could be heard through the town.

Shane looked up as screams rung out. "What in the hell."He looked at his sister."did you see anything when you were out there?" He asked her."No not at all I was just collecting herbs." She said. "lets go find out what is going on." She said.

Shane and Ksenia walked to the town with her brother a girl screamed. The whole town was out. Shane looked confused and Ksenia looked smug as she looked around. She waited on the hunters to walk out of the church.

DeathToAllBetrayers

It was Mia who struck the snake clean through the eyes first. it was to late though as the snake and leeched on to the wrinkled neck of the old reverend. Cane finished the snake off by cutting the snakes head with the side of his lance.

Mia held the priest in her arms as he gasped horribly at breath. He stuggled so hard to cling to life for only a minute or so. As Mia held him a woman came inside from the village. Seeing what happened she let out a terrible scream.

"Mam please," Cane said with a hushed tone.

"The devil is in this town!" She yelled and headed outside yelling.

"Well this was a warm welcome," Cane sighed heavily.

"Should we leave?" Mia asked with a frightened look. What if the people thought they killed the minister? Or brought the snake to the village?

Ksenia watched with a smug look. Shane looked around."Mrs. Collins. What happened." He asked. A snake attacked the Minister and he is now dead. This happened when they came to town. This is there fault." The woman says. She was shaking, Ksenia stepped forward,"Please come with me." She looked smug and watched the hunters. She wrapped around the woman.

Ksenia looked at them."Yes blame them." She said."This wouldn't have happened if they hadn't come to town." She said."I am sure who ever the witch was she resented them being here."Ksenia said. The crowd murmurs and agreed."this is all there fault." They agree.

Shane shook his head "no, stop there here to help. There is no way this could of been there fault. How many more casualties if they weren't here."Shane said.

DeathToAllBetrayers

"We're hunters of the coven." Cane spoke loudly. "We have come on the request of Cardinal Rodrigo your sovereign lord." A long pause and silence fell for just a single moment on the crowd before more people continued in the jeering that they had angered the witches.

"This heresy must be caught. And burned for their crimes. A serpent of the demon has entered this holy house today in a means to kill the truth. We will not let it stand." Cane could really demand a presence when he wanted. His small frame stood tall for the day and age.

"We will bury your minister by the rites of God, and he will go to the angels as a martyr tonight," Mia spoke softly. she was a little scared at this point the frail old man left there on the church floor. He saw his death coming and yet still didn't move.

"Eniminey patrice ey philos ey spiritos sancty Amen," Mia made the sign of the cross and returned to the church. She stared at the body a moment and cane followed her back inside.

"The dirt here will be too frozen to dig him a grave won't it?" Mia had tears swelling in her eyes. "Those two we met out front, they know more then they're telling..." Mia shuddered as the wind crept up around her neck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ksenia watched them talk and lifted her eye brow at this. She tryed to turn them out of the town, but they just talked there way back into the town using the cardinal sent them. Her nails were digging into Mrs.Collins. The screaming woman from earlier. Ksenia looked at her as the woman went limp in her grip. She placed the woman on the ground and jumped back with a slight scream.

"The witch has her I was holding her and walking to get her out of the cold, and she fell convulsing." Ksenia said. She kept her eyes on the woman as she turned blue.

Shane moved to his sister's side. She clung to him and fake cryed into him. Shane held his sister.

"Take Mrs.Collins body with the priest and put them in the church. The witch has struck twice now." Shane said. He believed his sister story.

Shane moved his crying sister through the crowd. He lead her for there hut. She kept pretending to sob into him. He kept a protective arm around her. Ksenia smirked under her brothers arm. 1 more to go before the Full moon she only had two days left. Having these hunters here was making her job easier.

DeathToAllBetrayers

As Mia and Can wrapped the two bodies with sheets and cloves. Cane and Mia expressed their concerns within their eyes. Sometimes words didn't need to be spoken. They brought the bodies out back without a word and placed them on the ground where the snow continued to build. It was noon by now and the sun was the highest it would be all day.

Cane started digging some make shift graves while Mia wandered around the plots. Most of the plots were fresh but with no flowers or anything to adorn them.

"When will we strike?" Mia asked. The digging could take hours and their culprits could flee quickly.

"Now, the bodies will be buried by the snow in no less then a hour." Cane dropped the shovel and picked up his lance.

"She is obviously a person the city might miss we can't accuse her publicly." Cane thought. He knew these siblings were testing them in a way un-thought by even the cruelest of demons.

The siblings came from around the back of the church after Mia read the last rites from a small bible in her pocket. She spoke perfect Greek and french unlike Cane but she only read the passage from memory not skill.

As they headed towards the town square the siblings seemed to still be comforting one another over the lose of miss Collins.

"Say, without the priest I suppose we could use a place to eat," Mia said happily smiling at Shane. He still had life in him and no one died under his touch her suspicion was presently on the sister. Cane however may have been falling under a spell different all together as the denial of the siblings guilt was spread all over his face. Perhaps deep down he knew that this girl infront of him was guilty of every sin in the bible but he also didn't seem to want to act on punishing her.

Shane looked at them.

"I think you both have done enough. My sister is very upset over Mrs.Collins. She was like a mother to her. When our Mother died, Mrs.Collins took care of us." Shane said as Ksenia pretended to cry into her brother.

"Ksenia your okay." He said.

"I am sorry I should get her home."Shane said. He started walking with Ksenia an arm around her. She watched with a smirk through her changed hair at them. She was laughing but her brother took it as her crying harder. He got her home and set her in bed.

Ksenia was laughing, she couldn't stop the grand right would be hers. She made it seem like she was crying. They were looking for a girl with Blue eyes and Raven hair. She had used a spell to change her looks and she was getting away with it. All she needed was one more innocent and it be hers.

DeathToAllBetrayers

"Should we follow them?" Mia asked watched the two siblings head into the woods.

"Let's," Cane was getting angrier by the second. The frustration of knowing someone was lying was getting more and more aggravating.

The dirt path under the snow began to fade into grass laced with ice. The trees became more and more dense and the woods became harder and harder to see the sun's rays. Finally a small cabin came into few with fresh footprints in the virgin snow.

"I can feel it..."Mia whispered with a shake in her throat.

"Hush and wait..." Cane knelt down using his lance as support. His sister readied her arrow though her expression was not sure.

Ksenia spent sometime in bed and finally got up. She sighed and looked at her brother.

"You know its there fault Mrs.Collins is dead." She said

"the witch must of felt threatened and now look what happened." She said.

Ksenia went to look out the window and spotted them. She smirked and shook her head. They wanted her,she wouldn't let them near her.

"Shane, ummm we have company." She said. She smirked and closed the curtain. Shane walked out and put his cloak on.

"Why are you following us. I told you I wont stand in your way but this is harassing my sister." Shane said.

DeathToAllBetrayers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back