• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic The Hunt [Signals from Cygnus]

Shabazz

INTERCOM
1442711-as_crash.png
> Ladies and gents, arriving at Cygnus 5b, an arid rock mostly used for mining and research. The local wildlife is usually quiet and keeps away from the booming industrial mines... well... at least most of it does.

> Here we are. The signal seems to be coming from underground so I'm going to drop you off right next to the entrance to the mining facility
. Keep your eyes peeled for any movement at all. I've been told the creature is some kind of reptile.

> Now I'm gonna have to leave ya to do your job. The Raven is virtually defenseless down here. But, don't worry, I'll be close by monitoring the seismic activity beneath the earth. Maybe I could pinpoint the monsters location. If you ever need extraction, I'm always listening. Okay cool, happy hunting!

WELCOME TO
THE HUNT
NewPlanet_zps971df6c2.jpg

[Cygnus 5b as seen from space]

2.jpg

[The STS Raven landing on the surface of Cygnus 5b]

HANG-EN.jpg

[The entrance to the subterranean mining facility]

"If you ever need extraction, I'm always listening. Okay cool, happy hunting!" Stein shouted out as the team of three exited the STS Raven and set foot on the cold surface. There wasn't much to see, save for the small herd of Kissips fleeing from the loud engines of the Raven. Cygnus 5b seemed like barren stone with a mountainous region in the far east.

"Come in. Syko, McKinnley, Ajax, come in." Stein's voice could be heard on each team members communication device. "The signal's coming from a mining facility, so I need you to travel underground and start your search there. Should be an elevator shaft a short walk away from where you are now. Let me know when ya get there, over."

As ajax jump out of the Raven, his first curiosity of whatever lived here could manage to survive for long in such a barren world, but never the less, they where here "Yes yes, ajax reporting in monsieur" Ajax reported in as stein ask to come in, "Well,at least we don't need to clime down, so that is extraordinary news for a chance" Ajax said as he looked back at his team and continued to walk towards the cavern entrance not far from there current location, he must say this was a rather interesting environment. When he read the reports of "reptile" he began to think, the creature lives in cavernous area so they might expect a quadruped creature, able to clime the solid stone chambers of the cavern, unless it was not native to the region and it decided to have a meal in the cavern, but still, caves never sound good.
Right now his top protocol was to hunt down the creature, nothing else, but as he walked he asked his team a question that have been buzzing him "So, all of you have had previous hunting experiences yes? and if so how many?" He asked rather bluntly, he needed to know to do some important calculations. But still, if they where here it surely was a yes but the real question is how many times?

Connor, inside his mech, hit the ground with a solid thud. Briefly making sure everything was in working condition, his rotary cannons spinning up ever so slightly and his cannon briefly humming as it charged and discharged, he radios in. "I'm all good to go." he told them, letting them know that the big guns were up and running. "Let's get going, ladies and... uh... robot." Lurching into motion, he begins heading towards where the elevator was supposed to be. "I've been on a couple hunts, yeah. Got me a couple trophies." He replied to the robot when it asked if they had past hunting experiences.

OOC: Our trapper has gone awol, so I'll just step in for now.

Before Ajax could hear Ayla's response she let out a terrifying scream.

"Jesus! What's going on down there?" Stein asked. He only got the raven about 30 feet off the ground, but he was already going in for another landing.
"I-I stepped on something. It was like, a-a worm or something. It bit my leg." Ayla whimpered, holding the lower part of her right leg. Stein had already landed The Raven and opened the main door to see what was going on.
"Shit, are you serious? I don't like the sound of that, it could be venomous." He rushed over to help Ayla, who was sitting on the ground, to her feet.
"Ow, no no no, it hurts."
"She can barely walk, guys." Stein addressed the other two, "Looks like she's gonna have to sit this one out."

Without warning, a metallic dog jogged out of the small transport ship, ready for orders.
"Don't worry though. This is Mutt V5.9. Expert tracker, fighter and equipped with a chloroform gas cannon and electric tripwire. He's my Mutt!"

Mutt walked over to Connor and Ajax, looked up at the both of them, and then continued to the elevator shaft behind them.

"Alright, I'm gonna take Ayla back to the ship and see if I can figure out how to get er back on er feet. You two head out, oh, and please watch where your goin." And with that, Frank turned around, one arm supporting Ayla, as they slowly made their way back to the ship.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back