• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

The House in the Woods [1x1 with Radioactive Rose]

Big Sis Natien

Darkness Rising
An abandoned mansion sits in the middle of the woods on the outskirts of a quiet town. For years, townspeople have told stories about the dilapidated house and the wealthy family who perished within its walls. Some say the family was murdered by possessive spirits who refused to have their land occupied by those without proper claim to it. Others say that a series of freak accidents claimed the family members one by one. A grisly fall down the stairs, a surprise electrocution in the bathtub, an unfortunate slip into the furnace.  No one knows for sure what really happened in that house, nearly 50 years ago; no one has entered the mansion since it was first condemned and all residents of the town know better than to go that far in those woods. So it sits there, waiting, until Muse A moves into town. When Muse A overhears the ghost stories associated with the mansion, he/she doesn’t buy a word of it. Ghosts and evil spirits are a hoax, he/she thinks. Muse B knows there’s something residing in that house, whether Muse A believes it or not. He/She’s lived in that town since he/she was born and creepy things happen when someone even sets foot near the property. Cocky and itching to prove Muse B wrong, Muse A challenges them to visit the mansion with him/her. If they spend one whole day and night in the mansion and nothing happens to them, Muse B has to admit that the superstitions are stupid. Muse B reluctantly agrees. 

Plot Source

@Radioactive Rose

Andonis walked up to the house of his best friend, a cheerful expression donning his face. His left hand was attached to a backpack strap- it hung lazily off of a lone shoulder, despite how full it was. His right hand was shoved into a pair of black pants. He had a white collared shirt and a formal black coat. Atop his head, a black rimmed fedora with cartoon ghosts haunting the outside design. His blonde hair was tied back in a small pony tail. Approaching the door of the house, he didn't raise either hand to knock. Instead, the man yelled, "Aurora! Open up! It's time for us to get our spook on." 

Aurora was just about done changing after a nice and relaxing warm bath when she suddenly heard the loud, oh so familiar voice from the outside of her front door. She sighed in disbelief as she lazily put her silky, wet, and already wavy hair into a high ponytail. She didn't feel like going downstairs to face the grown man with the demeanor of a child, but she knew she had to, or he'll never go own his merry way. She slipped on her boots and headed downstairs. As soon as she opened the door, she raised an eyebrow and causally leaned her elbow on the door. Her ruby red eyes were narrowed at the blond. "Do you really have to be so loud?"

Andonis ignored her tone, a grin forming at her remark. "Why, of course I do. How else would you know that I am here?" He shoved his hands into his pockets, tapping his foot against the ground. After a moment of silence, he pulled his hands out, gesturing to the inside of her house. "Are you not going to ask me to come in? That would be rather rude. Besides, it looks like you haven't packed for our overnight stay." He winked at her, wiggling a finger. Everyone in the town had a great fear of the mansion in the woods. Even visitors never set foot near the house- the rumors were terrifying, in the least to say, and often times people got touchy over the subject. Luckily, Andonis was not like those people. He was a man with a heart for new things. A heart for adventure. Most importantly, he didn't believe in the stories about the house at all. While the way people had died might have been true, he believed there were no ghosts or spirits haunting the home. He wanted to prove all of the townsfolk wrong. 

The twenty year old rolled her eyes and stepped aside. Her attention was no longer on her bubbly friend. As soon as he mentioned the packing, she silently cursed to herself. She had forgotten Andonis was indulged with the mansion deep inside the woods. She secretly hoped that her friend had a different idea when he said "overnight stay". Aurora nervously tapped the doorknob, staring at Andonis. "What do you mean by overnight stay? We're not having a sleepover are we? And at your place? I'd rather sleep outside.." She mumbled. "I don't have the energy to pack, Andonis."

The blonde chuckled at Aurora, flashing a wink in her direction as he entered her house. He loved the aroma the house gave off. It reminded him of the woman standing behind him. Though they both had a different scent, he always felt as if she were in every room, even if she was across the house. The thought brought a smile to Andonis's face. He was pulled from his thoughts as Aurora spoke, though, and he turned to stare at her. "Oh, please. You know exactly what I'm talking about. It's only been the one place I've preached about for weeks!" He slid his backpack off, setting it down off to the side. He also took off his hat, moving to set it on atop his friend's silky white hair. It was settled funny because of how high her ponytail was, but it brought him satisfaction, seeing her wearing his own work. "We're supposed to be spending a night at that mansion everyone always gets so worked about. I told you we were going tonight. Didn't you get my text?" Raising his hand to his hair, he ran it through, feeling the curls brush against his fingertips. "I can pack for you. Just tell me what you need. Don't worry, I'm not afraid to touch your girly stuff." 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back