• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

The Heart of Evil In Mankind

Ichikawa Riku

'Humans are truly evil creatures. Try as we may to hide our cruel instincts, we are nothing more than slightly evolved animals, denying ourselves the pure pleasure of revealing who we truly are. Forcing lower creatures into submission, killing without a second thought, attacking anything that threatens us, we cannot hide from our terrifyingly true nature. Some try their entire lives to cast away the dark desires in their hearts, desperate to burn the darkness with light and live as someone they are not. But I knew better. I didn't want to hide who I was, I didn't want to ignore the darkness in my soul or push it away. I wanted to embrace, enjoy it, completely smother myself until my mind went crazy with the insane, killer thoughts all humans had. No one wanted to join me. No one would embrace their dark self with me. So...I did was my heart wanted. I painted them all with the most beautiful color in the world: blood red.'

Ever since he was small, Kurihara Eiji knew he was different from everyone. The world was never a happy place for him. Because he knew what humans were capable of. At first, he tried to ignore what he saw and pretended to be like other children. But one day, while visiting his friend's home, a desire suddenly bubbled inside of him. It was a dark desire, he wanted to see blood. He felt it rushing through his blood, it tingled all over and made him antsy. His friend was obliviously playing a game and Eiji used that opportunity to fulfill his dark wishes. He grabbed his friend from behind and repeatedly slammed his head into the ground, a wide smile of delight on his face. When he finally stopped, his friend's face was bloody and barely recognizable. Eiji laughed and wrapped his hands around his friend's neck in a vice grip, watching him struggle and gag as his face turned blue and the life in his eyes slowly faded away. The mother came into the room with snacks for them but stopped, dropping the treats and screaming in horror at the sight of her bloody, dead child but Eiji assured her she would see him again and attacked her.

When the father came home, Eiji ran to him, crying great big tears and telling him that someone had broke into the house and killed his friend and his mother. A window in the front room was broken, the mother lay dead with her throat slit and her body twisted in ways it shouldn't be and the child in their room, games and such bloodied. Eiji told the father he tried to call for help but it had been to late. Believing the boy, the father quickly called Eiji's parents as well as the police. With his back to the child, he couldn't see the sinister smile playing on the boy's bloodied face. Ever since that day, Eiji had never been the same. Every time he felt that blood thirst, the dark lust for broken bones, splattered blood, ripped organs and intestines, he never denied himself and would wait till it was dark out. Then, he would simply wander around in the shadows until someone happened to stumbled upon him. And then, he would satisfy himself. But despite this, Eiji was a delightful child. He was sweet, very cute and happy most of the times. With his dark blue curly locks and honey brown eyes, it was hard to believe that he had such insane and dark thoughts crawling around in his brain.

When he turned 17, his mother decided that due to the recent deaths in their area, she would move her two sons to somewhere safe. They lived in Nagasaki so she sent them off to live in Tokyo. Now despite his cravings for death and blood, Eiji never harmed his own family. His mother Akko was a kind, gentle woman yet fierce and terrifying when she wanted to be. His elder brother Kyushichi who was a freshman in college was always nice to him and gave him whatever he wanted. As for his father, he passed away a year after Eiji's birth so he never really knew him but he was told he was a funny man that always made Eiji smile and laugh. He never wanted to hurt his family because he loved them but he would never tell him about the things he did at nights, the bodies he lay on the ground, the blood that stained his pale hands and the screams of his poor victims as he quickly ended their lives. They moved to Tokyo that summer and found themselves an apartment to live in, it was small but big enough for the both of them. They were in a complex called Medallion Tower, a fancy name for such a small place. Kyushichi enrolled Eiji in Kaisei Academy, one of Tokyo's many high schools and enrolled himself in some classes at Tokyo University. And when September rolled around, it was time for classes to begin.

The morning was sunny with fluffy clouds in the sky. In the living room of their apartment, the television was playing the news. Kyushichi and Eiji were sitting at the table, eating the breakfast Kyushichi had prepared. While his brother prattled on about Eiji making friends and getting good grades for his last year in high school, Eiji barely listened and focused on the television. He'd already been in Tokyo for a month and hadn't killed anyone yet. Maybe he still needed to adjust before he got his blood lust worked up. It would be a shame if he killed someone and was quickly caught. But Tokyo had much more people so it would be very fun. “Thank you for the food.” they said as they finished and cleaned up their dishes. Grabbing their bags and putting on their shoes, they left the apartment together. They parted at the complex's gate and walked their separate ways. Eiji looked back over his shoulder at Kyushichi who did the same. He waved and it was returned with a bright smile. Eiji really did love his big brother.

“My name is Kurihara Eiji,” Eiji introduced himself with a bow as he stood at the front of the classroom. “Please take care of me.” Kaisei Academy was co-ed, Kyushichi had told him. Meaning he'd have to deal with both genders during the day. Hopefully, none of them would provoke him. He wondered what kind of clubs he could join: kendo club, judo club, art club, music club, etc. As he made his way down the halls, hoping to get more accustomed to the school's layout, lost in his own thoughts, he was brought back by someone calling out his name. He stopped and looked around, seeing one of his teachers coming toward him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back