• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Harpy Village

Lizzy

Lady, running down to the riptide

"What is this roleplay about?"

It's basically about harpies that live peacefully on/around a mountain which is surrounded by trees and whatnot. Eventually humans begin exploring this area, and may end up finding these creatures.

"Ok, but what's a harpy?"

A harpy is a male or female with bird feet/legs and wings instead of arms.

The rest of their body (Torso, thighs, face, shoulders, etc) is a human

"Are the humans out to kill the harpies?"

The humans can do whatever they want. Some may want to study them, some may want to kill them, and some might not even realize the area is inhabited by the harpies. But then again, some humans may end up befriending them.

BlackHarpyGirl.jpg

--

images

--

All rpnation rules

Don't kill a character without the owner's permission

Keep cussing to a minimum

(I may add more rules later)

Last edited by a moderator:
Ava crouched on a ledge, looking downwards and across the trees that surrounded her home. suddenly she spread her wings, and stepped off the ledge. Moments later she was dive bombing downward. She grinned and suddenly let out a bird-like screech. Right before she hit the trees, she angled her wings so she would soar up and over the treetops instead.

It was a bright, sunny day and just after noon.

Justin had traveled into the forest because his friends were always afraid of going in there because they heard noises. He decided he would go in and prove that he was the coolest of them all. He just looked around the forest wondering what type of life is there.

Ava scanned the trees just below her. She could occasionally see small clearings, and suddenly dove down into one and landed neatly in the middle of the small area. She didn't realize she happened to land just in front of a human, and had her back to him.

He looked at the harpy and he didn't say anything about it. Hm, I have three ideas I can do, 1 Let her be, 2 Capture her and use her as a pet, 3 Sell her off or 4 befriend it. He sighed and he wanted to do 2 or 4 he looked at the girl and said "hello?"

Ava spun around, her eyes wide. Her bright blue eyes scanned him for barely a moment and then she squealed. She didn't know if she should sprint off into the forest, try flying away, or only take a few steps back. There were pros and cons to all of them. Very quickly she backed up, staring at him.

He sorta made a smirk deciding on his decision. "Hi, I'm Justin and you are?" He said to her trying to act kind and all to her. This was a first time he saw a harpy but yet he didn't know anything about them.

Her wings had been raised, in either a position to fly, or just of one to guard herself if he came any closer. Very slowly, what would have been her arms if her were human, lowered to her sides neatly and she answered, obviously afraid, "I-I'm Ava..."

"Nice to meet you Ava, what type of creature are you?" He asked looking at her wings. He wondered if he plucked a feather off her wings would it hurt. He thought of many other plans without know a lot of it.

"I'm a harpy... You a human, yes?" She said, her voice soft and sounding timid. She shifted the weight on her legs nervously, watching him warily.

"Yes Ava the harpy, I am indeed a human." He said to her smiling. He wanted to be kind to her before he does any other plan to the girl. He knew she didn't trust him but he just had to accept that she didn't yet.

"A-Are you going to hurt me?" She asked timidly, fear in her eyes once again. Humans had been rumored to hurt harpies, so she was nervous about that. This was the first human she had ever seen.

"It depends what you mean by hurt Ava" He said to her looking at her body. It was weird with harpies how different they are from a human...

She shifted uncomfortably, and took another timid step backward. Her wings had been at her sides, but were very slowly raising a little. She would probably end up trying to fly away soon.

"Don't worry I won't hurt you Ava" he said to her knowing she was scared of me. He didn't know what to choose still thought he made his mind up.

"Promise?" Ava asked, disbelief in her eyes. Other harpies said humans were known to be liars, and she was trying to be careful.

Ever so slowly, her wings lowered to her sides again, but she kept watching him warily.

"To be honest, I can't promise you on that one." He said to Ava. He knew that he could either hurt her or not. He also knew that the other harpies must of told humans were liars but he wasn't ever a lier

She didn't speak. Slowly she brought her head up to look up at the sky, and her gaze away from the human. She could see scrapes of blue beyond the green treetops. Dimly she wondered why she was down here instead of up there.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Could I feel your wings?" He asked as he was fascinated with them instead they have wings instead of arms it's the coolest thing he ever saw but he just smiled at her.

Slowly she lowered her head to look over at him, and very slowly nodded a 'yes', and carefully held one out. She would the watch him approach, wariness in her gaze still.

"Thanks" he slowly walked towards her so she wouldn't be afraid to show he was no threat to her. Once he walked over to her he felt her feathers which felt nice. "Does it hurt when you lose a feather?" He asked

"Not usually, no." She said. Her feathers usually came out naturally like a bird's. But it would probably hurt if the feathers were yanked out by force.

"Ok," She said, and then took a small step away and drew her wing back to her side. "Why are you in the forest?" She suddenly asked.

"Well, I'm in the forest because I'm the coolest person in my group and no one everyone was afraid that they were gonna get killed here" he said to her smirking. He leans on a tree relaxing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back