• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Hanging Garden

Axion

MIA

• 1. I, Axion, is the GM of this rp. Tell me if anything is problematic in and out of rp/irl that intervenes you from further rp.

2. Write at least a paragraph.

3. Make sure to write with proper grammer to not confuse other rpers on what you're doing and/or describing. Mistakes here and there are fine, just make sure to proof read.

4. When talking to other people specifically, make sure to tag their names.

5. No Godmodding. No meta-gaming. Don't move other fellow rper's characters that isn't yours.

6. Be whatever and have fun.

Last edited:
Chapter 0- Overture

An inn by the name of "Indigo La End" is locating near the outskirts of a town surrounded by dense forestry.

Though the town is well-developed and hasn't been attacked by monsters, rumors of the creatures to some who call them "Daemons", have been on the move, slowly making their way into the untouched and more populated towns. Some of the populace who heard of the word on the street began to pack their belongings and move further north of the lands to escape such a horrible fate. The town has slowly become hallow, void of people. Those who stay, have already accepted their fate.

Josef yawned loudly, covering his mouth before he went to scratch his neck instead as he walked down the mahogany stairs that lead to a spacious lobby lathered with tables and chairs. Josef didn't care for placement and just sat in the center of the room, slouching back in his chair that was mildly irritating to do and quickly sat upright in response.

He looked around the lobby in boredom as there was nobody else but unexpectedly, a young waitress behind a counter who flinched was she was seen. Josef turned backed, looking at his table before waving his hand,

"I got a order here."

"U-Uh ah, I-I'll be right there! What would you like to order?"

"Ehh... How bout five, six pints of ale and a bag of leftover food if you got any?"

"W-wha, excuse me- I mean.. I'll get your order sir. If I can ask, are you eating all of it yourself?"

"I wish. No, I got some acquaintances coming over so I'd like it if you got those orders quickly, hmm?" Josef then to turned to the waitress with a malicious smile to which she began to shake nervously,

"R-R-Right away, sir! P-Please wait a-a moment!"

As the waitress ran to the back, Josef immediately went back to a dead-pan face and began thinking about the plan he had,

"A plan? What plan? Oh yeah, the reason I even called them to meet me here... Guess I should try to remember what I read yesterday, (sigh)."

idalie idalie Angelofwishes7 Angelofwishes7 Aristasy Aristasy

Hassan Rakim Al-Zahrani
Receiving the letter from an old friend was odd, but Hassan was a man of tradition. He would uphold his favour, and thus he began the arduous journey to discover where Josef had holed up for the meeting. It was evident, he wasn't impressed upon the first glance. But, he was used to this landscape enough to appreciate the warmth of a hearth on a bitter day such as this. He cut a fetching figure in a crimson cloak, with blue headscarf and tunic - overlapped in a gold padding that was the only thing between him and a blade. Striding through what resembled a ghost town, he stopped by the inn, squinting his eyes at the handwriting to ensure this was the correct establishment Butcher had alluded to.

Pushing open the oak door with a creak and crash, Al-Zahrani made a rather imposing entrance. The door slamming behind him due to the wind. His eyes scanned the tables for the mop of white hair, till he found it. Heavily he sat in the chair opposite Josef, retrieving a long clay pipe packed with tobacco and most likely a little opium for effect. Using the candle to light it, he leant back to stare intently at the warrior. Arching his brow. "One does not use my favours lightly, جزار." Hassan remarked with a dead-eyed stare. "So tell me, what is it I can do for a fellow 'soldier of the light'. Let's cut to the business."

He exhaled a small cloud of smoke that veiled his features. Those large, cinnamon irises following his every move. He could've had any woman he'd wanted with those, and the befitting black curls that tickled his neck and chin. Blessed with good looks and no idea how to use them.

Translation: 'Butcher'

Axion Axion Angelofwishes7 Angelofwishes7 Aristasy Aristasy

The slam of the entrance door startled Josef in his nap, almost falling off his chair before balancing himself. Lifting his cowl over his eyes, he noticed the iconic, better yet, flashy clothing of a certain Sultan who then sat across from him. Josef grinned mischievously,

"Not even a "I haven't seen you in awhile" or "Good morning, old friend"? And don't call me "soldier of the light"! That gets me on my nerves, Ra, 'San, ya'know?" His smile began twitching slowly to disgust but he stopped himself, breathing in and out for a moment before he went back to a sly grin instead.

"Well, let's not start off with a grumpy morning, shall we? Besides, we don't need to get "straight to business", I wanna hear about your adventures you've had. I haven't heard from you in some time, come on, I even ordered some ale for us to drink while we're here. Cause this place is dead. Hehehe... Where's our ale?!"

"I-I'll be there in a moment!" Josef rolled his eyes but kept on grinning, he was at least sincere about a Ra,'San coming over, his so-called "other self" was always unexpecting and was just natural for Josef to suddenly change personality whenever he felt like it. But didn't he had to remember something about something?

Mahala Rayn

It hadn't taken long for Mahala to receive the letter from Josef. She was glad to hear from him, it had been awhile since their last chat, as she was finding it hard to believe that he'd just leave her in the dark for so long. She picked up her belongings and made her way over to the destination. After quite a bit of travel, she had made her way to what looked like a ghost town. Though it was easy to tell that the town was full of life not too long ago, the buildings were still in good condition for the most part.

As she made her way through the town she continued to look around, beginning to wonder what could have made everyone leave in such a hurry. She quickly made it to the building that she was told about in the letter. "Indigo La End" She muttered to herself then slowly headed inside. Her boot's heels gently tapping on the wooden floor as she entered. She dusted off her skirt and shoulders from any dust that she may have picked up from her travel. She then gently tosses her long black hair over her right shoulder then looked around the Inn for her friend. To her surprise, he was already sitting with someone else. "Guess I wasn't the only one he called for." She chuckled softly then headed his way.

She gently walked behind Josef, gently running her hand across his shoulders. "It's been awhile, Josef." Mahala's voice sounded soft and charming as she spoke. She smiled, as she gladly took a seat between the two men and crossed her legs, leaning back a bit to get comfortable in the chair.

Last edited:
Having not noticed Mahala's presence entering the inn at first, as soon as she ran her hand along Josef's shoulders, he already knew who it was without even looking.

"Well, well. Dear Mahala, how great to see you and so soon too! Relax and enjoy while the sunlight is still upon us, I even ordered some drinks for us. So-" Josef leaned a little closer towards Mahala, placing his chin on his hand with pique look.

"-What amazing stories do you have for us? Heh, my bad. I haven't introduced you to another good friend of mine. Ra,'San, this is Mahala Rayn. Mahala, this is Hassan Rakim Al-Zahrani but you can call him Ra,'San too, right?" He turned his head slowly to Hassan, expecting him to nod back.

Angelofwishes7 Angelofwishes7 Aristasy Aristasy idalie idalie

Miki Chevarie stood to the side of the Indigo La End entrance, looking down at the letter in her left hand. Not much surprised her these days, however two days ago, Miki felt shock for the first time in awhile. The contents of the letter were brief, as it was a polite, concise request to meet at a certain location and time. Something like this was so typical in her line of work that such letters were mundane. What jostled Miki out of her indifference was the name signed at the end.

Butcher.

Unsure of why or even how her address was uncovered, Miki found herself at the location and time. She had nothing better to do for now, as business was slow. Walking in, Miki glanced around, squinting a bit as her eyes adjusted to the bright tavern lights. It only took a moment for Miki to spot the sender of the letter. Butcher appeared to be conversing with two others at the table, a man and a woman. They appeared to be friendly with each other, making Miki wonder if she was really supposed to be there. Glancing at her letter again, just to make sure she wasn't hallucinating, Miki decided to accept that she was indeed invited.

Without anymore hesitation, Miki approached the table, taking the empty chair across from the very relaxed woman. Miki plopped the letter she received onto the table, as if presenting an invoice to a customer.

When Butcher caught sight of another woman walking in in the corner of his eye, there's was only one person he remembered that fit the spitting image of her, the supposed assassin that could've killed him, but even then, he wouldn't let a small fry catch him easily by surprise. He's seen and fought against all kinds of enemies, big or small, one or multiple, infamous or secretive, he's been there to see them get cut into pieces by his own hands, one by one.

"Miki Chevarie, you've come to kill me again? Hahaha~" She sat down across from Mahala, placing a familiar letter onto the table. Josef stopped laughing, looking down slightly at the letter placed in front of everyone to look at. Josef nodded to himself, his grin had become more subtle each time a new member turned up, facing Miki like he did the last time.

"I see, so you did get my letter. Well then, that says a lot, doesn't it? Either way, its good to know you're here, you can spare me the details later, for now, I'd like you to meet your teammates. Mahala Rayn and Hassan Rakim Al-Zahrani are their names, hope you get along well, right?"

Aristasy Aristasy Angelofwishes7 Angelofwishes7 idalie idalie

Hassan Rakim Al-Zahrani
"Either Ra or San will do, Josef. I don't like dragging out nicknames." He nodded, till looking over for a long stare. "I never knew you to be one for manners, would you prefer me to greet you with a kiss too?" Hassan drawled, in a voice as dry as sand. Although it was clear the Desert swordsman was smiling if one knew where to observe the small curl of his lips. "My adventures? A boring repetition I find, I was never too fond of showing off."

As the door creaked again with another visitor, Hassan turned in his chair to glimpse the young woman who entered. No doubt a beautiful creature, seductive at that as she drew her fingertips across Josef's shoulders with a voice that rivalled few. However, it was clear to see she was the travelling kind. Gypsy. He didn't have too many qualms with them, many of his travels had featured the kindness of gypsies willing to share campfires for the night.

"Mahala is an interesting name. Suits a pretty face." He remarked, tipping his head forward in agreement to their introductions. But before he could extend a hand, in came yet another one of this growing party. A second woman, younger this time. Sitting down at the table opposite to lightly throw her letter unto the varnished surface of the tavern table. "I doubted you Josef, you're almost good at playing nicely with the other children."

Al-Zahrani sat up, removing his headscarf to fold it in a neat pile beside him. Skin, tan and almost highlighted with that desert gold in the candle light to better face what seemed to be a small band of allies for something Josef had planned. "A pleasure to meet both of you. Mahala, Miki." He inclined his head to both respectfully, pulling his pipe away till it rested on his lip. "Would you care to explain, جزار, or must we regale you with tales of murder and exploration?"

Translation: 'Butcher'

Aristasy Aristasy Angelofwishes7 Angelofwishes7 Axion Axion

Mahala Rayn

"Ordered me a drink?" Mahala paused chuckling softly. "Is this a date now Josef?" She joked letting out a soft sigh as she thought about everything that had happened since the last time she had seen him, her nails beginning to very gently tap on the arm of the chair. She was about to bring up one of her adventures from not too long ago when he had brought her attention the other man at the table. She gave him a kind smile and listened as he complimented her. "You're not bad looking yourself." She replied, her voice taking on an almost flirting tone.

It didn't take long for another form to walk through the inn doors and make their way over toward the table. mahala didn't notice the girl till she had sat down across from her. Mahala's eyes quickly ran over this girl's form, definitely younger, but only a bit younger than herself. She seemed, depressing, to say the least, definitely a party killer. Mahala watched as the girl put the letter down on the table, showing that she definitely was someone who Josef had invited.

Mahala's attention was once again brought back to Al-Zahrani when he began to speak. She watched as he removed his head scarf and folded it. "It's very nice to meet you two as well." She said kindly then looked over at Josef. "I am curious why you had brought us all here Josef."

"Hmph, funny as always. That's what I like about you guys. Sadly, it seems we'll have to hold off on the storytelling since all of you are wanting to know the reason I've called you all here for. Well then, I won't stall any longer too. I've called you here because of a purpose I have in mind, particularly for the sake of myself. There's a certain place I need to go to, one that everyone should know but I'll tell you either way."

Josef then slides his hand under his shirt, grabbing what looked like a rolled-up scroll but at a second glance, it was actually pages ripped out of a book, with a few folds and disturbingly, a few bloody fingerprints on some of them. He spread out the pages on the table before taking Miki's letter and placing it under his shirt as well.

"Passed down from generation to generation. The story of the sanctuary sent by the gods themselves, where even the gods call it paradise. The Hanging Garden. That is our goal, and only goal. It holds everything, from mother nature to riches, feasts to power."

Josef's tone had gone dark, even evil in a way. His gestures became abnormal as well, eyeing the members for a reaction but continued on with his almost malevolent scheme.

"But I could care less about that, I just need to get up there and you're gonna help me. Whether you like it or not, we're gonna do anything and everything in our power to make that happen. I don't care how many people we have to cut down in our way, cause no matter what, I'll have my way. So, as your soon-to-be leader, I expect great things from all of you, big or small, and you'll be generously rewarded with whatever you want when we achieve said goal, right?"

The warmly sarcastic greeting from Butcher took Miki by surprise, however Miki managed to rein in any reaction, though perhaps her breathing paused for ever just a moment.

"I doubted you, Josef, you're almost good at playing with other children." The man sitting across from Butcher jested as he took off his headwear, greeting the Miki and the other woman at the table. Miki couldn't help giving a slight glare at his earlier comment. It didn't help that she found him quite handsome. It only made her angrier inside.

Miki stole a glance across at the beautiful gypsy woman briefly. First a man who looks to be from the desert, the gypsy woman, and then herself, someone who attempted to kill him. She was really curious why she was invited.

In a way, Miki's question was immediately answered. Butcher revealed the bloody pages regarding The Hanging Garden.

"W-what...?" Miki wasn't actually planning to speak, but hearing The Hanging Garden mentioned broke the silent persona she always subconsciously strived for. Miki's foster father had always rambled on about the place, to the point that Miki could only wish away the ensuing headache that would always grow. Just a crazy homeless man's ramblings, she would think. "Nothing..."

Quickly jolting out of memory lane and slightly embarrassed, Miki crossed her arms while leaning back a bit, looking off to the side. "What makes you think this place is real?"

Hassan Rakim Al-Zahrani
As Miki came to sit down, the swordsman lifted his eyes to clash with her glare. And in return, he offered a crooked, mischievous grin. A teasing expression if ever there was one.

Al-Zahrani almost began to laugh, a rich chuckle that emitted from the depths of his chest. "Josef, my old friend - I am a religious man, no? The Hanging Garden, it is a children's story. For madmen and wishful thinkers." Hassan cocked his head, pressing his open palm against the surface of the table to intently stare at Butcher. "As Ms Chevarie mentions, where is the evidence, Josef? You have my help, my favour, but everyone who has chased after that myth ends up dead, missing, or empty handed."

He glanced between both women who sat at the table - then at the bloodied pages, reaching out to snatch one up and examine the writing. Lifting his angular jaw whilst aiming it toward the candlelight, Hassan turned it back and forth before returning the slip where it belonged. Raking his hand over his bearded chin, although soon up through his mop of ebony hair with thought.

"By deduction, it could very well be real. There have been documents regarding the Hanging Garden dating as far back as the first written word. The fact they all contain the same references, in completely different continents suggests the Hanging Garden was the initial cradle of life. Yet - it could very well be a paradise in some jungle. Its logically impossible for a garden to levitate." Hassan went on, displaying clear formal education. His thick, lilting accent putting a delightful silken twist on each word. But considering his well spoken common tongue, it was evident his past had more luxury than most. Till he became the man in fraying cottons, dirited with few bloodstains and a handful of gold at his side.

He wasn't much of a rich man anymore, often was it Hassan took pity on those who couldn't protect themselves. Thus he got rid of the threats for little else than to pass his name on. Nevertheless, the big payday was when the aristocrats called him in. A simple enough life for Al-Zahrani.

He let out a pent up breath. "Where's that ale you promised? I think I'm in need of some."

(Might be short, I'm on mobile. Going away for five days so I'll get in replies when I can! :^))
Angelofwishes7 Angelofwishes7 Aristasy Aristasy Axion Axion

Last edited:

Mahala Rayn

Mahala listened as Josef spoke about the garden. She let out a soft sigh and began to think. "The story of the Hanging Garden has been brought up a lot on my travels with the caravan." She paused remembering the many time's travelers had sat at the camps her and her family would make and tell their stories. "I've heard the story so many times I've assumed it would have been just that, a story. Something used to just entertain others at a campfire, or to tell children before they went to bed."

Mahala let out another soft sigh as she listened to more of what Josef had to say, each word running through her mind. She was curious about something Josef had said. She adjusted herself in her chair to sit up a bit more. "I'm always up for an adventure though," she smirked looking toward Josef. She assumed that was one one of the reason's he had invited her. Her love for adventure, her desire to travel to new and amazing places.

"But I do have one question." she paused, making sure she had his attention first. "If you don't care for the feasts, riches, or power that the garden holds, what are you wanting from it?"

Josef chuckled with a hint of satire, hearing it over and over, that the Hanging Garden is just a children's story, a place of the imagination, people who look for it end up wishing they never heard about it. The same excuses that Butcher was tired of hearing.

"If you were religious man Hassan, you would have faith in me, in all of us. Those people who couldn't find it were just too weak to handle the task." Hassan continued state that a levitating garden is illogical, Josef scoffed at his response.

"Impossible? No, no my dear Sultan. We live in a world where the impossible is possible. We're talking gods here, they can do whatever the hell they want up there and we're gonna make it real. The answers are in these pages somewhere, and they were hard to come by in this day and age, had to cut a few things to get these."

Mahala jumped in saying she was in it for the adventure as Josef gave back the same smirk to her, "I'd knew you'd say that, the thrill of traveling is exciting isn't it?"But before he could yell for the waitress where there order was, Mahala continued to questioned Josef true intentions were.

"If you don't care for feasts, riches or power that the garden holds, what are you wanting from it?"

"What do I want from it? What do I want?" Josef looks off somewhere, looking down at something, "Let's just say, I got a promise to fulfill. One that involves The Hanging Garden. And that's all I'm saying. If its real, it's up to dumb luck for us. Hehehe~"

"H-Here's your orders." The waitress carefully plops down the quart-size ales onto their table, as well as handing a bulky brown bag to Josef, "Just leave the bag next to me." The waitress nods, placing the bag near him and quietly walking back to her post.

idalie idalie
(No worries you were fine. Just try to post as soon as you can so we can keep the pace going. Otherwise have fun on your trip!)

Angelofwishes7 Angelofwishes7 Aristasy Aristasy

Last edited:
"Ms C., come in, come in." Waving briefly at Miki, the boss of her assassin guild, known to them as "Mr. Hollow Oak", leaned back in one of the two three-person couches in front of his desk. Miki entered, sitting across from him in the unoccupied one. "You have an excellent history of success, dear Miki, with the exception of one particular protein-slicer... it seems like your growing amount of... rendezvous', rendezvouzes? rendezvouzoa??"

"Rendezvous" Miki offered, tucking some loose strands of hair behind her ear with a sigh.

"Right, have grown by one... it seems like you have another date with him tonight..." Flicking a torn envelope towards Miki, her boss turned where he was sitting and laid back such that he was lying down, feet relaxed against the couch-sides.

"...you jealous?" Giving a slightly perplexed look as her boss crossed his arms and turned towards the couch back, Miki read through the letter from her infamous (one-sided designation) arch-nemesis, Josef a.k.a Butcher.

"... not at all... just go..."

Miki could almost feel him fading away. It was hard to believe the man pouting silently in front of her was the most capable killer of them all, however one would do well to never forget that. Flicking her boss' ear on her way out, Miki's barely existent grin quickly evaporated as she headed out.

~~~

The waitress looked like she was about to faint in terror, but it seemed she was collected enough to bring out enough drinks. A package was also given to Butcher, Miki made note as she turned her head away to further examine the settings. Anyone else would have missed it, but through the corner of the far-side window, the dim street light blinked as someone quickly darted deeper into the alleyway. "Seriously...?" Miki muttered. It could only be one person, as she would have noticed anyone else tailing her.

A bit annoyed, Miki turned back to the table and made another one of the very few impulse decisions in her life. "I'm in... whatever this is."

A lot of emotions were going through Butcher's head but he was able to keep himself composed for the most part, showing other than his ruthless or cynical sides would be considered a new side they've never seen. But the whisper of Miki saying something under her breath though caught his attention and he looked out the window that Miki looked out a few seconds to see nothing but daylight slowly disappearing. Josef had been keeping track of how much daylight there was left each day and by the looks of it, another twenty or thirty minutes had been shaved off ticking it down to about eight and a half hours of daylight.

They needed to agree quickly before nighttime lurks over the horizon and night was a time where Josef did not want to be caught in the middle of. Even though he had fought alongside with one of his fellow members against a horde of daemons, after that he was more annoyed than scared of another encounter such as that one. Miki was the first to agree to officially join the party and Josef couldn't help himself to a innuendo.

"Miki, you surprise me. I didn't know you'd be the first one to say yes. Did the guild put you up to it or is there something else you have in mind for me? Hehehe~!"

Aristasy Aristasy idalie idalie Angelofwishes7 Angelofwishes7

Mahala Rayn

"If you got a promise, then who am I to stop you from fulfilling it." Mahala sighed and sat silent for a minute or so, thinking of all the trouble this adventure could be, but she also began to feel excited about such an adventure, even if it could be just a goose chase. She watched as the waitress walked over and plopped down the drinks and gave Josef a package of some sort. Watching the waitress it was easy to tell she was spooked, but Mahala was unsure why. Instead, she ignored the problem, could be that the waitress had a bad feeling about the group, could be something else.

After some time Mahala reached over grabbing one of the glasses of ale from the table as she listened to Josef talk to the Miki girl. "Fine" Mahala paused taking a big chug, drinking a good bit of it before she stopped, leaned back in her chair, and gave a charming smile to Josef. "I'm in, I'd love a good adventure right about now anyway."

"An adventure you won't be disappointed, that I can assure you. Ah!" As if a light-bulb turned on inside his head, Josef picked up the pages that had a bloody fingerprint and skimmed over the text where he nodded to himself, grinning devilishly, "I knew there was a reason why these pages had a fingerprint on them in the first place. There were places that an asset of mine told me about that were supposedly connected to The Hanging Garden. Three locations if I recall, one in the mountains, one at the lake, and one at the abandoned mines. They had something to do with the gods too but I don't care about them, they mentioned the garden which means that they will be the first on our long list of agendas."

Looking at the pages once more, Josef thought in his head of the destinations and tried to imagine a map of the quickest route to all of them but it seems that part was too complicated for Butcher, "If we go southeast, cut through the waterfall and pass the ravine, we could make it for the lake or maybe go west towards the mountains. Wait, where should we even go first?" Josef looked at the pages, putting them one on top of the other and eyeing the contents stored on the paper. It was a hard choice but nevertheless, he picked, "Eeny... meeny... miny... moe... hmmm~"

Angelofwishes7 Angelofwishes7 Aristasy Aristasy idalie idalie

Hassan Rakim Al-Zahrani
Glancing between the collective of women and men, Hassan sighed. Shaking his head. "I suppose I should back this insanity. Like I said, I keep to my promises. I was brought up by the old way, and that is how it shall remain. Let's go chase a myth." He lifted a glass of ale upward, in mocking cheers before knocking back half of his tankard with ease. A seasoned drinker, if ever there was one. He might've been a religious man, but by no means did he ever give up the vices that so often persuaded sinners into desperate attempts at fuelling them.

He looked over his mug, eyeing Butcher intently. "Do not be as foolish as to disregard the Gods, dear friend. I wouldn't have their names sullied, for the Hanging Garden was touched by the divines and it remains an extension of themselves. I have mapped their ways, and I have read the tomes. Surely, Josef, you must understand that for a religious man I have faith in anyone but you." His smile twisted upward. "For you are the furthest from the heavens one might get."

Finishing off his beverage, Hassan listened in to the continued conversation, some of it Butcher's mutterings - but the madman had some sort of plan he supposed. "Let's hope we won't take leave of our sanity like some have, hm?" Al-Zahrani continued to lean back in his chair and beckon for something stronger to fill his cup, whilst eyeing both Miki and Mahala. "Either of you fought much?" By knowledge, Miki favoured stealth - evidently. Yet Mahala was someone he doubted, however for all he knew she might favour a sultry approach and slitting throats whilst the unsuspecting victim slept.

There was nothing more dangerous than a pretty woman, and at that, a woman whom had been scorned.

Axion Axion Aristasy Aristasy Angelofwishes7 Angelofwishes7

Knocking himself out of his own confusion, Josef laughed out of pure excitement knowing full well now that he couldn't turn back, but there was never any doubt in his mind to begin with. He wanted this to happen and now was his only chance.

"Hehehe~ Heaven may be against me but Hells got my back. So let the gods try and smite me, I'll just come back like the devil I've been known to be." Holding his cup, Butcher cheered to everyone and chugged as much as he could before dropping it back down on the table, wiping his mouth with his sleeve.

"And don't worry, our sanity isn't the only thing your gonna worry bout. We've basically put our lives on the line, isn't that exhilarating? Cause I know it is and I can't wait for it." Quickly, Josef gathered the papers and rolled them back, stuffing it in his back pocket. He looked inside the bag the waitress gave him and made sure of the contents were edible enough. Once done, he tied the bag around his neck, pulling his cowl back onto his head.

"Well, looks like we've come to a verdict. Hope you said your goodbyes to anyone you know, cause this will be the last time you'll see them." Josef snickered, leaning back a bit as well as he gave the rest a bit of time to finish their conversations and preparations for the journey ahead them.

idalie idalie Aristasy Aristasy Angelofwishes7 Angelofwishes7

Mahala Rayn

Mahala listened as Hassan and Josef spoke to each other. Josef sounding as if he had already gone down the rabbit hole and cracked open his head. It made her wonder if he was okay, but she denied any thought that something would be wrong. She brought the glass of ale back up to her lips, drinking another fourth of the glass before she heard Hassan ask something to her and the other girl in the room.

"Either of you fought much?"

Mahala smirked and placed the glass of ale back on the table. "Some, yes." She paused leaning back in her chair before continuing. "I was taught at a young age some hand-to-hand combat for self-defence purposes. As I grew up some of the people who would stay with our caravan at night taught me combat with daggers and short swords." She paused as she tried to think back when she first started to use actual weapons. She was fifteen, maybe sixteen when she began learning about such a thing. But she hadn't started using the tools till maybe nineteen, but that was because of her parent's hatred for violence. "That saying," Mahala spoke up once again. "I've faced off with more than just men and women." She thought about her old chats with Josef, and how she had told him the stories of her facing the creatures that lurk in the darkness.

"No, I am just a simple secretary for a business that provides a discreet, niche service." It was the standard reply engraved into Miki's very psyche. Her smile would have been considered warm, should someone see her out of context, but it would be clear to those nearby that it was just thin ice. Miki's clawed right hand laid on her lap, as if a steel spider resting.

"I'll be outside..." Miki smoothly left the table, catching the pair of eyes withdrawing quickly back into the alley-way shadow across the street. Once breathing the fresh night air again, Miki crossed over to the aforementioned alley. "... I'll probably be gone for awhile, so see you later."

"..."

There was no reply, however a light rustling could be heard as Miki felt the gaze disappear.

Josef would have laughed again at Miki's response, but hearing her say something as "scripted" as that, as well as her smile that didn't fit her words, it was clear to him that it was unnatural in one way or another and didn't amuse him for the moment though he didn't show, hiding a bit under his cowl. Seeing her leave to go outside piqued some questions inside Josef's shallow head, but he'd rather not interrogate her now, instead wavered it off for another time.

"I think we've been given enough time now. Let's finish our last drink before we hit the road." Josef toasted once more, drinking to his final heart's content, letting out a satisfied sigh as he stood up from his chair and walked over to the waitress behind the counter. He glared her down before leaning in to whisper to her ear, covering it with his hand, "If I were you, I'd run for the north where there's people to protect you from the daemons. If you got a family, bring them with you as well. Because without them, you could end up like me." Josef then pulled her arm, secretly placing eleven gold coins in her hand, "Use it wisely or you're gonna end up dead, capisce?" She nodded intensely. Butcher let go of her arm, as she untied her apron, leaving it on the counter where she quickly ran out the front door.

"Alright, parties over. Let's go! Night is already upon us and I'd rather not be out there when those damn daemons spawn." Josef headed outside as he looked down at his shadow, clicking his tongue before calling for Miki on instinct, "Hey! Miki! We're going now!" After that, he cracked his neck a bit. He looked at the half moon rising above the mountains, along with thousands of other stars filling the rest of the void, lighting the night sky. He stood silently to himself before he started walking down the cobblestone road.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 1- Disquiet
For immersion

Josef, as crazy as he is, kept himself to the road. Though at a time like this, people would stayed off the road or wait at a nearby outpost until night past away. But time was against them, there was no was stopping for night, instead they'd make it to their first destination before the hordes began rising.

"To let you guys know where we're going, we're heading for an abandoned mine that used to be owned by a "self-proclaimed noble", but after a little birdie told the higher-ups about their real motives, they eventually got shut down and the noble got his head cut off for it. Soon after, it became a lair for many bandits or criminals looking to escape the spotlight for a short while before another incident occurred involving a group of people stuck inside the mines. They got out eventually but not without a few bodies missing." A spooky story like that was sure to make them anxious for what they were getting into but at the same time, the more they walked, the more Josef was unsure about their direction.

"Wait, were we supposed to take that left or maybe that right?" Butcher shrugged. He decided to walk beside Miki afterwards as he matched his pace with hers, "You got something on your mind Miki? I don't know what happened when you left before us but it seems you're a bit... Let's say, unenthusiastic now. Am I wrong?"

Aristasy Aristasy

idalie idalie Angelofwishes7 Angelofwishes7

Last edited:
Hassan Rakim Al-Zahrani
He nodded toward Miki's odd description of her work and then engaged in listening to Mahala's regaling of her fighting skill. "Ah, we've all seen the things that hide in the dark. By now, I'm shocked by those who haven't." Hassan gave a thin lipped smile. "I'm banking on you to watch my back. Hardly am I going to sit it out with this madman." Al-Zahrani gave Butcher a light punch and a hearty laugh. Finishing off his second mug of ale with a hurried stance, he slammed it down, threw a couple of silvers on the table and got up to follow Josef.

=======☼=======

As they travelled with a self-proclaimed villain, a villain who may've had a heart but perhaps lacked a soul, Hassan found it quiet. Not much conversation passing between the group of them. As Josef continued to talk aimlessly in the background of his thoughts, Hassan suddenly inhaled and looked over. "Butcher, is that supposed to be some horror story? I've heard better from my nieces." He retorted, palm resting against the top of his blade. Wary enough for anything that might hop from the foliage. "Whats worse, is seeing a man's skin hanging on a flagpole outside an overrun temple. That gave me nightmares for weeks. Sometimes still do." He clicked his tongue, shifting his satchel and light pack. A survivor at heart, Al-Zahrani never liked carrying too much. Most of it could be left behind and forgotten, without it's impact being detrimental.
Aristasy Aristasy Axion Axion Angelofwishes7 Angelofwishes7

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back